HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

why does not work reboot or shutdown or sleep.you should definitely modify your dsdt

@cannon_dt

Here is the instruction for installing ML.

1. Retail InstallESD.dmg -> clean install, may need lots of post-installation work.

Procesure is same as Lion installation

After making an installing vdi, fix SATA/AHCI rollback ( I used those from iATKOS ML2)

(ahciinjector, appleahciport, ioahcifamily, jmicro36xahcienabler and jmicronata was replaced)

It took one hour to finish and error.

Booting to installed ML is OK, Be able to login to user.

Seems like more stable than without sata roolback fix.

2. Distro installation (IATKOS ML2) -> simple and maybe ready for your pc

Make a new vdi or raw disk

make partition with MBR and format it

mount iatkos_ml2.dmg, go to System/Installation/Packages

open installer by double clicking OSInstall.mpkg.

choose a partition/customize

it took 10 min to finish

put Andy's latest kernel, install chameleon, adjust boot option

That's it. Good luck.

EDIT:

I tried to direct install using OSInstall.mpkg from Retail InstallESD.dmg, but it gives error.

you have to test, you have two alternative

either delete RealtekRTL81xx.kext from s / l / e or delete S / L / \ IONetworkingFamily.kext \ Contents \ PlugIns \ AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

:worried_anim:

or take this here http://www.google.de...eab048f918a72cf

you can migrate with the migration assistant from lion the ethernet settings

I have to go to :superman: , I wish you much success! :thumbsup_anim:

either delete RealtekRTL81xx.kext from s / l / e or delete S / L / \ IONetworkingFamily.kext \ Contents \ PlugIns \ AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

spakk,

There is NO AppleRTL8169Ethernet in \S\L\E\IONetworkingFamily.kext\Contents\Plugins

And all of this is I am trying on Lion, so I dont know where you want me to migrate from?

why does not work reboot or shutdown or sleep.you should definitely modify your dsdt

Remember I did do it. I also install 4 patches onto it - ehci, rtc, smbus and shutdown - I am using that dsdt only.

Shutdown works fine, it is reboot that is not working correctly - I have to manually use the power button to switch off and then switch on again.

@cannon_dt

Here is the instruction for installing ML.

1. Retail InstallESD.dmg -> clean install, may need lots of post-installation work.

Procesure is same as Lion installation

After making an installing vdi, fix SATA/AHCI rollback ( I used those from iATKOS ML2)

(ahciinjector, appleahciport, ioahcifamily, jmicro36xahcienabler and jmicronata was replaced)

It took one hour to finish and error.

Booting to installed ML is OK, Be able to login to user.

Seems like more stable than without sata roolback fix.

2. Distro installation (IATKOS ML2) -> simple and maybe ready for your pc

Make a new vdi or raw disk

make partition with MBR and format it

mount iatkos_ml2.dmg, go to System/Installation/Packages

open installer by double clicking OSInstall.mpkg.

choose a partition/customize

it took 10 min to finish

put Andy's latest kernel, install chameleon, adjust boot option

That's it. Good luck.

If I use the iatkos way, do I do that from my existing Lion or from VB?

Also what do you mean by "Be able to login to user"?

Again, EvoReboot.kext.

I did respond to that sir! I was unable to find one for Lion - would this be ok - http://www.osx86.net...w_leopard..html ?

I have to go to :superman: , I wish you much success! :thumbsup_anim:

@spakk

One other thing - in the extensions folder that you gave me I checked IONetworkigFamily kext - there too there is no AppleRTL8169Ethernet.

So what are you referring to as the universal driver?

@cannon_dt

From any working VM.

"Be able to login to user" means that you can create user and login to that user even though error at the end of installation.

Fider and Disk utility work, But, I don't know everything works or not.

If I use the iatkos way, do I do that from my existing Lion or from VB?

Also what do you mean by "Be able to login to user"?

I did respond to that sir! I was unable to find one for Lion - would this be ok - http://www.osx86.net...w_leopard..html ?

@spakk

One other thing - in the extensions folder that you gave me I checked IONetworkigFamily kext - there too there is no AppleRTL8169Ethernet.

So what are you referring to as the universal driver?

1. Ethernet

install the original IONetworkigFamily kext from Mountain Lion and editing the Info.plist with your Device ID and Vendor ID

2.EvOreboot

you can take the EvOreboot.kext from http://www.osx86.net/view/136-evoreboot,_restart-shutdown_fix_for_snow_leopard..html or this

http://code.google.com/p/leohazard/downloads/detail?name=EvOreboot.kext.zip&can=2&q=

I think that they are 64-bit capable.

@spakk

Here is the original Lion version of IONetworkingFamily.kext - here I cannot find IOPCIPrimaryMatch key at all - so I got no clue where to give my device id and vendor id

:(

Evoreboot worked, so thats one problem down.

But ethernet and audio are just not working :(

Here is a screenie of network in Lion

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

post-1149290-0-72447400-1366617920_thumb.jpg

I also tried using the kext at http://www.insanelym...8168c-ethernet/

Modified with my device and vendor ID and without - in both cases nothing works.

Nothing has helped me with this ethernet issue :(

One tip for you.

The device information you got from linux or osx may not correct because that information is how system recognized.

If not working, you may use wrong information.

So, get the exact device name of audio and network from the specification of your motherboard manual or their web site,

post here, then get help.

Without correct information, it is hard to help you, and person who is willing to help you also will be frustrated.

So, please check your information is correct or not.

EDIT:

The information from the OS where your device is working does not gaurantee it will work for other OS using the same information.

Real physical name of a device matters. How to treat is depends on OS.

Yipeeeeeee.. I did it!!

I did use the next from http://www.insanelym...8168c-ethernet/

What I noticed was that in the kext there was another next. Despite the number of times I installed it, it still never loaded (I used the Loaded tab in next wizard). So I used the kext within the next, used kext wizard to install it and the I repaired permissions etc and I got a new "Ethernet 2" in my network. I am typing this from Safari in my Mac Lion now. :)

I still cannot get my audio to work though :(

@dkechoi

The vendor ID and device ID I got is from System Info which is what we are supposed to use while making out dsdt (as per hackintosh instructions). I thought this was accurate enough for me to get help. In fact in the kext that finally worked for, I checked that the device id and vendor ID (8168 and 10ec) was already there in Info.plist (this is what the guy in that thread also mentioned). I apologize if I gave anyone any wrong information thus making it more difficult to assist :(

@cannon_dt

I want to make my point clear.

I know that your motherboard is "M4A785TD-V EVO".

According to manual, you have

RTL8112L Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET

VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

The first candidate for audio will be

VoodooHDA 2.8.2 ML for Via VT1708S; here at http://www.osx86.net/view/3739-voodoohda_2.8.2_ml_for_via_vt1708s.html

So, please try. Not working, google it, you will find lots of information.

@dkechoi

Thanks. Believe me (though it may not appear to be so) I am working on various information I am finding in google. I only hit the forum after I have tried enough and I have no next step or if I am replying to someone's suggestion.

@dkechoi

Thanks. Believe me (though it may not appear to be so) I am working on various information I am finding in google. I only hit the forum after I have tried enough and I have no next step or if I am replying to someone's suggestion.

Only thing I want to say is I don't want to see you too much struggle.

If a driver does not work OOB, somtimes it is hard to find a solution.

It was the just suggestion in case that you didn't know. That's it, Nothing else.

Yes, I am learning that the hard way :(

After I installed Voodoo 2.8.2 I am stuck with "still waiting for root device".

Now my Virtual Box refuses to mount the sda5.vmdk, I do not what I have screwed up :(

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine snow.
VD: error VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED opening image file '/home/ananthakrishnan/VirtualBox VMs/sda5.vmdk' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED).
AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS. (VERR_SVM_DISABLED).
Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: Console
Interface: IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

EDIT

I do not know how but my entire BIOS settings had gone to default. I have reset all the values and everything is fine now. Voodoo worked and my audio is fine too :)

Yes, I am learning that the hard way :(

After I installed Voodoo 2.8.2 I am stuck with "still waiting for root device".

Now my Virtual Box refuses to mount the sda5.vmdk, I do not what I have screwed up :(

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine snow.
VD: error VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED opening image file '/home/ananthakrishnan/VirtualBox VMs/sda5.vmdk' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED).
AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS. (VERR_SVM_DISABLED).
Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: Console
Interface: IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

EDIT

I do not know how but my entire BIOS settings had gone to default. I have reset all the values and everything is fine now. Voodoo worked and my audio is fine too :)

That's good.

Sometimes, OSX reset the BIOS. There is fix by kexts, chameleon or dsdt (I think "reset fix", I don't remember exactly).

You should fix it. To run VB you need AMD-V enabled.

That fixed my CMOS reset :)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped me get this far

@spakk

the 10 pages of conversation stands testimony to your patience and your helpful nature. You have stood by me for more than 2 weeks clearing all doubts no matter how silly they were. I cannot but state the fact that I have learnt so much in the process. It has been a real pleasure and your attitude to helping is phenomenal. Here is a heart felt thanks :superman:

@dkechoi

Thank heavens I found a Linux expert like you. Your instructions were precise and to the point and you responded to all my questions with such accuracy and speed - I never thought Linux would help me simplify so many things. So hats off to your knowledge and once again thanks for everything :king:

@ptp, @clemj06

You guys were most patient with me giving me all possible suggestions to get me to success. In fact, I must state here that I am now successfully running 10.7.4 - something that you guys stated some time back. I will eventually get ML going but I would like to thank you for all the support :thumbsup_anim:

Finally a warm applause to this forum - it is insane indeed! Everyone is helpful and the best part is that no one wants to give up on a newbie's problems until they are able to see them through to their goal. It is so motivating and it is that support that takes people like me, who often want to give up, to that elusive hackint0sh :ihw_wow::trumpet:

Peace

• Like 4

Sorry I went silent for a bit, got tied up with assignments in college, I still am kind of tied up... The second to last semester coming to an end.

Whenever you need help, you can always rely on the people here for help and suggestions.

Well done on getting your system up and running

• Like 2

Hello, i was wondering if anyone has been successful with the components that i have or anything similar. I am looking for a good tutorial. Here are my specs:

AMD FX 6100 six core processor socket am3+ (942) 3.30 GHz

Gigabyte GA 970A DS3 motherboard

chipset AMD RD9x0

BIOS - Award software international inc , Version- F4

8 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA geforce GTX 560 Ti Graphics Card

120GB SSD hard drive, 3 TB internal hard drive

Thank you in advance for any help.

• Like 1

Install Lion using this tutorial: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278181-amd-1073-guide-experimental-only/

But instead of the kernel recommended by Devout - which is deprecated, since it's not that stable - use this one: mach_kernel_rc13

And instead of the bootflags recommended in the tutorial, use these: arch=i386 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Good luck!

• Like 1