HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hi!

I started with hackintoshes using VMware Player and VMware Workstation. I don't know nothing about Virtual Box, but should be doable, since it's the very same technology. 10.8.x won't work at all in 32-bit mode. All in all, i recommend you set a 64-bit VM, and google for "souldev team" and "AMD": i read somewhere they have great tutorials for installation of OSX on AMD machines with VMs. Good luck! Remember to buy the OS, we won't condone software piracy here.

All the best!

(P.S.: this post will soon be moved to the help topic)

Hi!

Lion 10.7.5 is the way: even more stable than Win7 on AMD machines, since it won't get viruses. Share some parts of the technology with Mountain Lion, and the very same UI. Buy the OS somewhere - Apple itself doesn't sell it anymore - and enjoy this amazing user experience.

All the best!

Hi, Every time I tried to boot with Anv kernel and some other, I got this KP. Chameleon is charging the kext, and when it's finish, I got the KP. I have tried some boot args but nothing is working.

I have a Pentium 4 630 with a GeForece 9800GT. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8I915PM( Packard Bell computer :( )

Snow Leopard work perfectly.

mini_778879Photo270513084105HDR.jpg

Any idea for my problem ?

Thank's !

• Like 1

:)

https://www.youtube....e&v=YIm9p2dZdKQ

http://www.osx86.net..._installer.html

Périphériques :

Headphones (Black Front) :

Appareil de sortie par défaut: Oui

Appareil de sortie du système par défaut: Oui

Fabricant: Voodoo

Canaux de sortie: 2

Débit d’échantillonnage actuel: 192000

Transport: Intégré

Speaker (ATAPI) :

Appareil de sortie par défaut: Oui

Appareil de sortie du système par défaut: Oui

SPDIF-out (Black Front) :

Débit d’échantillonnage actuel: 48000

Microphone (Pink Front) :

Appareil d’entrée par défaut: Oui

Canaux d’entrée: 2

Digital-out (HDMI) :

Débit d’échantillonnage actuel: 48000

How do you disabled ATAPI Speaker? It provides crackling?

• Like 2

Hi, Every time I tried to boot with Anv kernel and some other, I got this KP. Chameleon is charging the kext, and when it's finish, I got the KP. I have tried some boot args but nothing is working.

I have a Pentium 4 630 with a GeForece 9800GT. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8I915PM( Packard Bell computer :( )

Snow Leopard work perfectly.

mini_778879Photo270513084105HDR.jpg

Any idea for my problem ?

Thank's !

Try -v -f npci=0x2000 -F with latest AnV Kernel

• Like 1

How do you disabled ATAPI Speaker? It provides crackling?

Well watch the video or listen to the video, it's PC audio is recorded with ScreenFlow ;)

And do you want to disable C1E in the bios ;)

• Like 2

I've owned Retail Snow Leopard for years now, that's what I'm trying to install, I did download distro's of Lion and Mountain Lion to see if I had any luck with them. But I'm using my retail SL because I just prefer SL to Lion+

Better AMD support.

• Like 1

guys osx lion 10.7.3 on the specs in my signature?

is it possible? if yes how?

now i have osx 10.6.8 almost fully working, except for the dvd writer, due to the supernforceata.kext , the applenforceata gave me kernel panic!

Go for Lion 10.7.5. You'll need a cheap graphics card - with onboard nforce graphics you'll never get acceleration with any iteration of OSX. Buy a nVidia G210, the price is roughly equivalent to three Big Mac combos.

As for installation, buy the OS and download from the Downloads section the Pandora installation tool. Put one of the newest Lion kernels for AMD and you're good to go.

All the best!

I am currently running Mountain Lion on my AMD FX 8120 with an ASUS 5450 Silent 1GB Graphics Card. Can someone help reccomend to me a bootloader, 10.8.3 bulldozer kernel, and method to get full resolution and optimization for my 5450 Radeon Graphics Card? Thanks!

My Graphics Bugs right now are shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhV8XIehK4

Came here to show all my respect to Andy Vandjick: just updated to 10.8.4, and i can confirm his kernel miraculously still works just like a champ, even being meant for 10.8.2!

All in all, the system performs better than 10.8.3 - a little bit less glitches, 10.8.3 was slightly more troublesome than the others - and as good as 10.8.2.

HD 5450 Silent users, patch the current 10.8.4 kexts (before restarting the machine, of course)! Don't think you can use the patched ones from 10.8.3 - or 10.8.3, for that matter - because all you'll get will be a white screen. Patched graphics doesn't seem to survive their own system version.

All the best!

I'm still on 10.8.2 and using Andy's super kernel. Happy with my AMD system (Phenom II X6 1075, gigabyte 6870 graphics) although sometimes heavy glitches.

Tried updating to 10.8.3 sometime ago, but without succes. So I would be very grateful to get some more details on how to update my AMD system:

- use combo update ?

- backup kexts? which ones?

- patch kexts? How to patch graphics kexts ?

- remove kexts after update ?

thanks

Realize now that I should not have asked for help in this topic, sorry! Please move post if possible

Edited by AntarcticP
  • Like 1

I've installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 using this guide (Method 2). Installation went successfully, since I have already an working SL build and Chameleon, I just had to replace the Kernel.

Whatever Kernel I'd use, I would get instant reboot. I have tried all mentioned flags, and different combinations of them, searched the forum around and couldn't find any solutions.

I have to mention that I always had a fully working build on my PC, SL was installed from retail disk with just a few kexts added, and everything else working OOB, just can't make my Lion install work.

Update: unfortunately trying to boot Niresh's Lion build would result in exactly the same behaviour :(

Any ideas of any kexts which would cause this? Could it be cause by an old version of Chameleon?

Does anyone has experience with mountain lion and my motherboard: m4a87td? My cpu AMD Phenom II x6 1075T will work and my videocard will too AMD Radeon 6870, but I am not sure about my motherboard.

Does anyone has experience with mountain lion and my motherboard: m4a87td? My cpu AMD Phenom II x6 1075T will work and my videocard will too AMD Radeon 6870, but I am not sure about my motherboard.

I think this should start with the last amd_kernel by Andy!

create using the tool: SystemInfo (the tool is available for Mac OSX, Linux and Windows, make a picture of your hardware device ID and vendor ID and OSX compatibility and put it here, then you can be helped

here is the download link: http://www.osx86.net...ystem_info.html

this is your Motherboard Specification: http://www.asus.com/...#specifications

Edited by spakk

Guest Ferrari513

Alright i justed picked up a little HP g42-475dx its got a  Dual Core AMD Phenom II N640 Dual-Core Processor 2.90ghz and and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200. I just done a little reading and seems some amd people are getting os x on their pc. all i want to know is if i can possible get it to work or it i'm wasting time.