Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

Tried alexanderq settings, GTX570 HDMI not working.

2612-4 - config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/OldWay/AddDTGP  + FixDisplay + FixHDA + Graphics/Inject/Nvidia/True

+ DSDT/Fixes/NewWay/AddHDMI + 2xDevices/AddProperties/onboard-2 + 2xDevices/AddProperties/<000800

2612-5 - config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/OldWay/AddDTGP  + FixDisplay + FixHDA + Graphics/Inject/Nvidia/False

+ DSDT/Fixes/NewWay/AddHDMI + 2xDevices/AddProperties/onboard-2 + 2xDevices/AddProperties/<000800

2612-4.zip

2612-5.zip

I think that your problem is that you still injecting properties <key>AddProperties</key> and i suggest that you first try without them.

Removed, same issue, no dsdt/GFX0 (all cases)

debug:

21:726  0:008  Start HDMI4 Fix
21:734  0:007  have no HDMI device while HDMIADR2=1
21:742  0:007  HDMIADR1=10000 HDMIADR2=1

2612-6 - config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/OldWay/AddDTGP  + FixDisplay + FixHDA + Graphics/Inject/Nvidia/False + DSDT/Fixes/NewWay/AddHDMI

2612-7 - config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/OldWay/AddDTGP  + FixDisplay + FixHDA + Graphics/Inject/Nvidia/False + DSDT/Fixes/NewWay/AddHDMI + Graphics/Inject/Intel/False - Capri does not load/No HD4000 HDMI audio

Note: NewWay/AddHDMI and AddProperties, see Post #3869, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=1992102

alexanderq, your debug (working)

11:419  0:000  Start HDMI8 Fix
11:419  0:000  have no HDMI device while HDMIADR2=1
11:419  0:000  HDMIADR1=10000 HDMIADR2=1

2612-6.zip

2612-7.zip

• Like 1

HI Slice  are you doing  ?  :)  I suggest to you A little refresh to the Background Installer

I love the original background but some time need to refresh after couples years :lol:  :P  

what do you think about that  ?  :wink_anim:

194.png

258.png

340.png

• Like 2

Hi chris111

Yes. I agree the background needs updating and I had it on my list of things to do.

Thanks for submitting your idea though, but I have to question why copy Empire EFI style?

HI blackosx  :D

Because  its the only EFI  logo have fond   :hysterical:   And I like this logo   :thumbsup_anim:  :P

If you have on your list to make it  background, its 100% sure the background its a  thousand time 

better looking then mine  :lol:

empire11.png

Because  its the only EFI  logo have fond  

How about creating a new EFI logo rather than trying to find one?

And I like this logo

I like it too but it’s associated with a different product and does not belong on the Clover installer.

If you have on your list to make it  background, its 100% sure the background its a  thousand time 

better looking then mine   :lol:

Thanks for your kind comment but my list is long and I may not get round to looking at the background for a while. Besides, there’s no reason why somebody else, like you, cannot create the file. My earlier comment was not to discourage you from trying but to encourage you to maybe create something new from scratch rather than combining other graphics you may find elsewhere. Keep trying and maybe I can look forward to seeing something else from you in the future? ;)

Such a change is purely cosmetic, and surely a low priority?

Hi Tony

Maybe a low priority for some, but chris1111 sees it as something he’d like to change. This community survives by users contributing their time and effort in any way they can and if it’s not by way of program code then why not by other means like imagery. In my view, all contributions should be encouraged.
  • Like 1

I like it too but it’s associated with a different product and does not belong on the Clover installer.

Thanks for your kind comment but my list is long and I may not get round to looking at the background for a while. Besides, there’s no reason why somebody else, like you, cannot create the file. My earlier comment was not to discourage you from trying but to encourage you to maybe create something new from scratch rather than combining other graphics you may find elsewhere. Keep trying and maybe I can look forward to seeing something else from you in the future? ;)

OK Thanks  :)

I try to build new background from scrach  :P

OK Thanks  :)

I try to build new background from scrach  :P

HI blackosx  :)   what do you think  for this one   :D

simple but nice  :lol:;)

v110.jpg

v210.png

Hi chris1111

Another one already? You’re keen! 

Well you’ve asked for my opinion, so this is what I think (please take this as constructive).

1 - I wouldn’t include Project OS X, or if you want to then you should also include other forums that also contribute to Clover. Maybe you could use sourceforge as that's where the repository is?

2 - The black text is not readable on the dark background. Most package installers use light backgrounds because of this. I got round this when I created the Chameleon installer background.tiff by fading the image.

3 - How about changing/removing the blurred large clover image in the middle of the background? It's ugly.

4 - What happens to the background if the window is enlarged? Does it stretch with the window or remain the same size leaving the remaining window white? This is an option that can be set in the package installer when it's built.

5 - Your background.tiff is larger than the default package installer window. In this case does the package scale your image down to fit? If yes, then you will lose quality. The .tiff should be the correct size.

6 - In your screenshot the space either side of the ‘Clover EFI v2’ and ‘Project OS X’ text is not balanced. Maybe it’s just because of the way the screenshot is cropped but needs checking.

Just some things to think about ;)

Hi chris1111

Another one already? You’re keen! 

Well you’ve asked for my opinion, so this is what I think (please take this as constructive).

1 - I wouldn’t include Project OS X, or if you want to then you should also include other forums that also contribute to Clover. Maybe you could use sourceforge as that's where the repository is?
2 - The black text is not readable on the dark background. Most package installers use light backgrounds because of this. I got round this when I created the Chameleon installer background.tiff by fading the image.
3 - How about changing/removing the blurred large clover image in the middle of the background? It's ugly.
4 - What happens to the background if the window is enlarged? Does it stretch with the window or remain the same size leaving the remaining window white? This is an option that can be set in the package installer when it's built.
5 - Your background.tiff is larger than the default package installer window. In this case does the package scale your image down to fit? If yes, then you will lose quality. The .tiff should be the correct size.
6 - In your screenshot the space either side of the ‘Clover EFI v2’ and ‘Project OS X’ text is not balanced. Maybe it’s just because of the way the screenshot is cropped but needs checking.

Just some things to think about ;)

Yes you right, I did not think the effect of stretching  :(

But the text is readable, its not a problemes because the grey square appears when you ran the Instaler

For the balance text, I did not know it could be a problems because it is not balanced in the installer  :blush:

But the text is readable, its not a problemes because the grey square appears when you ran the Instaler

I meant the other text.

post-331032-0-95706200-1393021088_thumb.jpg

For the balance text, I did not know it could be a problems because it is not balanced in the installer   :blush:

Don't worry. It’s not a problem per se, it’s more my OCD attention to detail.  :P

HDMI audio Update: v2618

Z87I-Deluxe/HD4600/HD7750

Progress, no HDMI audio

2618 - ssdts, both working

2618-1 -  DSDT/Fix, not working.  

HD4600: GFX0 - no hda-gfx, HDM0 - in dsdt, HDAController not loading, onboard-2

HD7750: GFX0 - in dsdt, HDAU - missing, onboard-2

Other 2618-1 issues

FixHDA/inject=2 - 1150 audio stopped working

FixAirport - KP on AppleAirPortBrcm43224 should not load, AirPortBrcm4360 should.

2618.zip

2618-1.zip

• Like 1

sorry for little off topic

Is it possible to set SystemType in config.plist?

If is there a place to see how and where to put it?

I am trying latest clover version on magnifico advice and it is working well in my rig and I would like to eliminate system warning when I generate ssdt script with Pike tools

Thank you in advance

SystemType is a PowerManagement profile

1 = desktop

2=mobile

<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>

3=server with smartUPS

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>smartUPS</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm having issues with iTunes and HDCP.

As far as I know this used to be working when I was using Chameleon. I was wondering, is it possible that this could be related to Clover? I am booting in UEFI mode.

Any help would be appreciated, thanx ;)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296319-gtx-760-itunes-hdcp-error/