Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

Ok thanks, so far there are how many version of fakesmc.kext? Could it be possible because of the current version of my fakesmc.kext in the installer not suitable for my laptop?

Take FakeSMC 3.3.1 from HWSensors project. It is compatible from 10.6 up to 10.9.2.

For example here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296460-amdcpumonitor/

Take FakeSMC 3.3.1 from HWSensors project. It is compatible from 10.6 up to 10.9.2.

For example here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296460-amdcpumonitor/

Thank you @Slice :)

Is this the ori website? https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

For example here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296460-amdcpumonitor/

@Slice i have a noob question, Hwsensors are for amd only? mine is intel..

Thank you @Slice :)

Is this the ori website? https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

No. Original web site is russian

http://applelife.ru/threads/fakesmc-i-monitoring-vsego.24475/

And Kozlek version is just a branch with own numerations.

@Slice i have a noob question, Hwsensors are for amd only? mine is intel..

No. I opened this thread in AMD subforum because of new kext for AMD.

But the project is for all users.

UEFI must works from EFI/FAT32. It is also good for legacy Clover and gives possibility to save files.

Very helpful. Thanks.

To summarize:

Disk Prep (UEFI and Legacy, USB and HD)

1. Disk Utility/GUID Partition Table/Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

2. Terminal/sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1  (diskutil list for rdisk value)

Clover UEFI - Installation

1. Install for UEFI Booting Only

Clover Legacy - Installation

1. Install Clover in the ESP

People who followed my guide running Inspirons and Vostros with AMD SG use MacBooPro8,1 model identifier.

True for laptops.  Desktops need the SNB/macmini5,1framebuffer.  Clover/Graphics/Inject Intel results in HD2000 graphics with the 2405S.  For HD3000/Desktops, Clover should inject AAPL,snb-platform-id = 0x10000300.   With hda-gfx injection, native HDMI audio is available for Desktops.

• Like 1

ask how patching AppleIntelFramebufferCapri, on-the-fly to 0x01660003.

Post #4105, cloverHDMI link; config-hdmi_hd4000-90.plist

Download Zip or just the plist, View Raw

Clover HDMI audio, is anyone interested?

H67-I Deluxe/HD3000/GT 640/10.9.2/2636

2638-2: Great progress, Nvidia HDMI audio working, requires ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddDTGP, FixDisplay, FixHDA, NewWay/AddHDMI and Devices/AddProperties 4x.  As discussed earlier, HD3000/no framebuffer, HDMI audio would work with the correct desktop framebuffer injection.  All injections appear in the patched dsdt. Potential issues, patched GFX0 and PEG0 devices.

Working ssdts/Post #4006/2618 attachment.

2636-2.zip

Post #4105, cloverHDMI link; config-hdmi_hd4000-90.plist

Download Zip or just the plist, View Raw

Clover HDMI audio, is anyone interested?

H67-I Deluxe/HD3000/GT 640/10.9.2/2636

2638-2: Great progress, Nvidia HDMI audio working, requires ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddDTGP, FixDisplay, FixHDA, NewWay/AddHDMI and Devices/AddProperties 4x.  As discussed earlier, HD3000/no framebuffer, HDMI audio would work with the correct desktop framebuffer injection.  All injections appear in the patched dsdt. Potential issues, patched GFX0 and PEG0 devices.

Working ssdts/Post #4006/2618 attachment.

Wow, this patching approach took you ages to adapt ..

In case you still care about HDMI audio on HD4600 and don't want to rely on someone trying to figure out the sequences (or doing it yourself) with every major update - consider using the patches I proposed ~6 month ago, because they still work to this day in every OSX verion after 10.8.5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290783-intel-hd-graphics-4600-haswell-working-displayport/?p=1949547

P.S. Alex Auditore does not deserve any credit for this, he only re-published a pigeon English version of was has been previously published over at russin forums. Origin: http://applelife.ru/threads/patchim-applehda-s-pomoschju-zagruzchika.39406/#post-353647

I guess the language is not important, descriptions are in English and the code is a piece of code regarless of language.

sabertooth X79 Motherboard, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD Boots to clover menu but  cant see any partitions. any Suggestions. tried swapping all drivers with no luck.

Try to produce preboot.log (f2 key) and upload here.

Wow, this patching approach took you ages to adapt ..

In case you still care about HDMI audio on HD4600 

published over at russin forums. Origin:

I've been testing this approach for ages; other solutions work when this approach doesn't.

Interesting, my post did not mention HD4600.  Since you brought it up, I am very familiar with your technique.  Our patches are different, Pike's is also different; they all work. What is your point?

Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

It works for hundreds of people over at AppleLife, so clearly you were (are doing something wrong).

My point is that with pike's and your patches you need the patches to be recalculated due to jumps to specific offsets, while my patch is universal and valid for 10.8.5, 10.9, 10.9.1, 10.9.2 and most likely till next major OSX release next summer...

Something wrong?  Not true. See, Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell) working displayport - Page 6.  What do I do wrong?

By *something wrong* I was addressing your comment which claimed that *this approach* (by term approach I was originally referring to on-the-fly kext patching to prevent AppleHDA resource overwrites with OSX updates) doesn't work, while "other other" do. 

By *something wrong* I was addressing your comment which claimed that *this approach* (by term approach I was originally referring to on-the-fly kext patching to prevent AppleHDA resource overwrites with OSX updates) doesn't work, while "other other" do. 

Not the intent.  Tell me what sentence and where to change to what.

• Like 1

toleda trying to do something helpful. And easy for everyone They were looking for the best way and easy to install. 
I saw that comment Should not stop further development here

Hello!

I want to dual-boot Windows and Mac Mavericks on my Dell Inspiron N5110. I've managed to install first Windows, then Macintosh and now I'm trying to Clover in the ESP with boot0ss in MBR. Even though the installer says everything installed succesfully, whenever I turn on my laptop the Windows is being booted automatically. Do you have any ideas?

For EFI partition the bootaf is recommended. If no active partition (it is GPT!) then EFI partition will be started. 

Hello!

I want to dual-boot Windows and Mac Mavericks on my Dell Inspiron N5110. I've managed to install first Windows, then Macintosh and now I'm trying to Clover in the ESP with boot0ss in MBR. Even though the installer says everything installed succesfully, whenever I turn on my laptop the Windows is being booted automatically. Do you have any ideas?

One idea – what sort of hard drive is it? an ssd or hybrid (sshd)? And which version of Clover are you trying to install?

Until recently Clover failed to install correctly on ssd or sshd, even though the installer reports no errors, but that would leave the windows bootloader in place, hence you boot straight to windows. The issue was fixed in Clover, in early Feb, I think.