Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

Not required: AddHDMI_8000000, NewWay_80000000

hi, what is this?

Well, I've got a working OS X Mountain Lion Installer USB that creates a working Recovery HD partition during the installation process. The steps were very simple, took about 5-10 minutes to modify the installer (depending on the speed of your Mac). Its was combination of a standard retail InstallESD.dmg restore, with parts of Blackosx's Recovery Partition guide.

Thanks again everyone, for your comments, jokes, advise, and other 2cent posts!

Man, Clover v2 r806 Bootloader is AWESOME!

I was so excited that Find My Mac was working... I just had to send a lock request from iCloud to complete my tests. A few seconds later my Hackintosh, shutdown, restarted, and booted backup to the Lock screen! it WORKED!!! Haha

Entered my 6 digit passkey a few times, none of them worked, and I was locked out of my freshly Installed Hackintosh. Long story short Find My Mac, works but doesn't. Be careful. =)

Thanks SLICE for a great Mac experience on a PC. Best bootloader i've used to date, with only a few small kinks, it really is the most Mac like.

-Mrengles

you still have that version of clover?

Since one of the latest releases, clover is ALWAYS mounting the EFI partition. If set to "Nein" via prefpane (have german translation) the setting always resets itself to the boot partition after next reboot.

Any way to prevent this? A bit annoying, would be nice if this would be fixed.

Since one of the latest releases, clover is ALWAYS mounting the EFI partition. If set to "Nein" via prefpane (have german translation) the setting always resets itself to the boot partition after next reboot.

Any way to prevent this? A bit annoying, would be nice if this would be fixed.

The setting to mount efi might be saved in your nvram.plist, try deleting it after setting it to no and see if it saves

Hi mates, i would like to know how to add busratio to clover, i know my busratio, but dont know how to add it on clover.

Thx

read this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/?do=findComment&comment=1853640 and edit this http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU#BusSpeedkHz I can't understand, so can't provide further guide.. If you understand first, please pm me or post here... hope this help :) pls teach me how to edit BusSpeedkHz

The setting to mount efi might be saved in your nvram.plist, try deleting it after setting it to no and see if it saves

It is also saved into NVRAM itself, and the setting vanishes after setting it to "no" in the prefpane.

But I already tried clearing NVRAM and deleting NVRAM.plist, but the setting comes back again after each reboot.

@frankiee -

are you doing this? this will remove it from "nvram"

sudo nvram -d Clover.MountEFI

otherwise you need to figure out where your system is saving or getting nvram info!

if you installed the rc.scripts then you can look at what /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local is doing

run:

sudo bash -x /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

or (with less output)

sudo bash /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

in my case: 

$ bash 80.save_nvram_plist.local 

NVRAM saved to '/nvram.plist' [disk0s2]

if all else fails, but it seems you should be able to figure how/where Clover.MountEFI is set, you could brute-force remove the mount script which is run on startup from /etc/rc.boot.d

hi, are you talking to me?

no, I am showing the results

Not required: AddHDMI_8000000, NewWay_80000000

why?

I'll try without these flags, then come back with results.

Update: Work without AddHDMI_8000000, NewWay_80000000.

Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 9.34.21 AM.png

Update 2: I need to use it?

Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 2.54.34 PM.png

@frankiee -

are you doing this? this will remove it from "nvram"

sudo nvram -d Clover.MountEFI

Did this with Clover prefpane, which in turn exactly does that: deleting the entry. Also tried deleting everything in NVRAM, also nvram.plist. And the setting Clover.MountEFI=Yes always came back. This did not happen since a very recent update.

However, now I tried setting Clover.MountEFI=No explictly in NVRAM and voila: now EFI partition is hidden again. Don't know if this is a bug with the prefpane, or if the default settings have changed. But at least it works now.

Why not make 4 characters string?

Trying to patch this entry in the native Info.plist.  Suggestions?

<key>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController_Dongle</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>8448</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>2652</integer>
		</dict>

Find:
8448 0x2100
2652 0xa5c

Replace:
6095 0x17cf
2821 0xb05

Why don't you input the find and replace values as numbers just like the original plist (integer or strings) instead of converting them to hex? Just an idea, I don't know which type of value Clover can read in plist patching or if it converts it to the proper type when replacing.

hi, I try to change the cpu frequency using CpuFrequencyMHZ to 3920=3,92GHz but on about this mac still showing 3,72GHz not 3,92 GHZ? 

am I doing wrong?

are you trying the method of busratio? Because we round off so we can't get the actual value

hi, I try to change the cpu frequency using CpuFrequencyMHZ to 3920=3,92GHz but on about this mac still showing 3,72GHz not 3,92 GHZ? 

am I doing wrong?

I change my bclk to 106 multiplier 37 and what i get 3,92GHZ 

Trying to patch this entry in the native Info.plist.  Suggestions?

<key>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController_Dongle</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>8448</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>2652</integer>
		</dict>

Find:
8448 0x2100
2652 0xa5c

Replace:
6095 0x17cf
2821 0xb05

Hello toleda

To make that work you have to read this  http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=27408

and then you'll understand why its not working.

• Like 1