Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

Toleda Hello, I have an idea to propose.

Method (_SB.PCI0.GFX0._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)<<<< IGPU
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Return (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
})
}

Return (Package (0x06)
{
"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0A, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
},

"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x66, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},

"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
}
})
}

Method (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)<<<< GFX
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Return (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
})
}

Return (Package (0x0A)
{
"@0,connector-type",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
},

"@1,connector-type",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
},

"@2,connector-type",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
},

"@3,connector-type",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
},

"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-2"
}
})
}
}

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x0166000a</string> <<< removed

<key>Intel</key>

<false/>

Try to Inject SSDT.aml management itself. 

Do not open the Clover redundant.
try to see if it works better.

I don't get it... Just add ...

I get it. Is your Nvidia HDMI audio working with that suggestion? AMD? HD4600?  That technique works for your system, not mine.

No disrespect intended. I have some experience with HDMI audio, had property injection working with HD3000 and concluded patching ACPI tables is a better solution.  ssdts are persistent and work for all my systems. Now that HD4000 HDMI audio is working with Clover, ssdts stopped loading.  Until Clover supports all flavors of HDMI audio, I plan to use ssdts with the latest Clover version that loads ssdts.

I have an idea to propose.

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x0166000a</string> <<< removed

<key>Intel</key>

<false/>

Try to Inject SSDT.aml management itself. 

2605/With Patched/SSDT-1 and ACPI/DropOem/True Results:

Inject/Intel/False - Capri does not load

Inject/Intel/True - Capri loads, wrong framebbuffer/0x01620005

Inject/Intel/True + ig-platform-id/0x0166000a - Capri loads with correct framebuffer

Problem:

SSDT-1 is not loading in Clover > 2570

That why whenever i have problem with clover i wait to be fixed because as long i report one problem allways is my fault (wrong settings wrong injection etc) and never clovers fault.Exept my HDMI problem on my main pc i reported that i n my laptop after versio 2500 it cant wake or sleep normaly and in every reboot i have my brightness set to minimum and if i try to raise it freezes so i have to boot to windows to raise it.Well if you are not a developer you just wait to be fixed or stay with the old version, that is the lesson can't do much.

Edit: Sorry for my english.

Hi dear developers,

my Clover under UFEI worked totally fine until i upgraded my bios firmware,

the log looks as follow:

post-1200278-0-40764500-1392501274_thumb.jpg

then the laptop restarts in about 2 sec...

but i found  when i boot clover under Legacy by using USB, it works totally fine, same version and same config of clover, does anyone know which problem it is?

Your ACPI tables are not correct. The legacy firmware patches tables, this does not happen when in UEFI mode, so you must make adjustments manually.

tables? i wasn't even using the <DropTables> in clover. and how should i fix it? there were no errors in my dsdt & ssdt :(

You probably do need to drop tables, or not drop tables, if you are dropping oem ssdts, depending on the specific content of the tables. Also just because your tables have no errors does not mean that they are correct for booting mac os x.

but it was weird because it only appears after i upgrade the bios firmware. now i downgrade it back and it works totally fine again. thanks anyway!

How can I see what Clover is injecting if "Inject ATI" is enabled ?

Enabling Debug for DSDT shows no changes to the DSDT.

Make a dump with DarwinDumper and see DeviceProperties folder.

Yes in the DeviceProperties folder are the results.

But what I'm looking for are the real DSDT or SSDT commands, so I can adjust them and include in DSDT or SSDT and deactivate "Inject ATI".

What Clover injects don't really fits my graphic card. There are to many different cards with the same PCI id.

Thanks,

khe91

Hi dear developers,

my laptop has a shutdown problem, which i found exists in all linux-based systems. It's can't be fixed by fixing my dsdt.

and then i found a patch for linux kernel, to fix such a shutdown problem. See here

so i wonder, if it's possiable, to patch the osx-kernel through Clover like patching the linux kernel?  or i can only build it from source...

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi dear developers,

my laptop has a shutdown problem, which i found exists in all linux-based systems. It's can't be fixed by fixing my dsdt.

and then i found a patch for linux kernel, to fix such a shutdown problem. See here

so i wonder, if it's possiable, to patch the osx-kernel through Clover like patching the linux kernel?  or i can only build it from source...

Thanks in advance!

It is interesting information but I don't know where we should apply the fix.

It may be kernel itself or IOPCIFamily.kext or ACPIPlatform.kext or even EfiRuntimeServices.

Hi dear developers,

Thanks in advance!

I have the same issue. Also a lot of people's with acer aspire v3 v5 v7 e1 with haswell U-processors have this issue on this forum and on applelife.ru too.

It is interesting information but I don't know where we should apply the fix.

It may be kernel itself or IOPCIFamily.kext or ACPIPlatform.kext or even EfiRuntimeServices.

Slice  users with that notebooks will be very happy if you could help us to resolve this issue

Thank you!

I have been using Clover for a while now on one of my machines. A while ago it started rebooting a few times before it finally decides to boot. Clover will load, OS X mostly loads, the system reboots and then after a couple of tries starts up normally. Any idea why this might be, and what do you need to know to trouble shoot it? I will work on getting my clover config pasted.

Hi

This is with discrete graphics only 

HDMI injection now works but still no HDMI audio (maybe need connectors?)

Thanks

OK. I see all I expected to see.

Is this wrong to do HDMI sound?

Z77-I Deluxe/HD4000/GFX570/10.9.1/2612

HD4000 - HDMI audio working: Devices/UseIntelHDMI (onboard-1)

GTX 570 - HDMI audio not working

2612-1 - config.plist/ACPIDSDT/Fixes/NewWay/AddHDMI + 2xDevices/AddProperties/onboard-2 + 2xDevices/AddProperties/<00080000>

2612-2 - config.plist/ACPIDSDT/Fixes/NewWay/AddHDMI + 2xDevices/AddProperties/<00080000> 

2612 - HD4000/GTX570 HDMI audio working: EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/dsdt-or-hdmi (edited) 

2612-1.zip

2612-2.zip

2612.zip