Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@LAbyOne Is it something connected to the new buildme ? Could you have a look ?

before making modification in your forked repo, you have to re-sync your master branch with Clover. Be sure to have had added "upstream"

nope i do not think so.. i'm testing it since the very first modification and all works 

828260755_ScreenShot.png.a974cf1fefb7a3a7b2efbee56af28e56.png

5 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

git remote add upstream https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

so you can "git fetch upstream". Because your pull request is our master branch, it should be a fast forward. If not you can also force it with "git reset --hard {sha of last commit in clover master branch}.

i do no think its necessary..

Only strange thing noticed is:

Starting from scratch, cloning Clover and building with new gcc 10.2.0 break the build (on HS at least), stating cc1 is not compatible with the OS.

Never noticed before as having it already installed did not updated to newest..

Anyway reverting to 10.1.0 solved.

Edited by LAbyOne

Why have to integrate these two choices in the package in addition if the users who do not use BUIDME , they will have the empty choices and nothing will happen. In a package

what comes from the package must be created by the package and not by an external source this makes no sense.

BootLoaderChooser CloverConfigPlistValidator must stick to BUILDME if you want to integrate them somewhere

In addition, it makes no sense that BootLoaderChooser is downloaded by BUILDME to be integrated into the Package, in the Clover source

CloverConfigPlistValidator  BootLoaderChooser can be install from shell easely.

This is my humble opinion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Why have to integrate these two choices in the package in addition if the users who do not use BUIDME , they will have the empty choices and nothing will happen.

Well I guess you are just forgetting, Clover is distributed on git.. 

AND the users who do not use BUIDME will have access to those because the release package is there, and will obviously contain all those files... since we all share the same source..

So tell how someone who do not build Clover himself is supposed to get those?

(*)Downloading from source? its a possibility, but why since the can get all by simply getting the installer?

In a package what comes from the package must be created by the package and not by an external source this makes no sense.

Sorry you lost me there...

BootLoaderChooser CloverConfigPlistValidator must stick to BUILDME if you want to integrate them somewhere

In addition, it makes no sense that BootLoaderChooser is downloaded by BUILDME to be integrated into the Package, in the Clover source

CloverConfigPlistValidator  BootLoaderChooser can be install from shell easely.

This is my humble opinion

Again this is totally contradictory to your previous statement " if the users who do not use BUIDME " 

if they do not use it how can they get these files? 

(*)  <- ?

Then since not everybody is comfortable with terminal, and less with Xcode, having an installer that solves the need to do it, its the best choice for the end user.

this is my guess.

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LAbyOne said:

Again this is totally contradictory to your previous statement " if the users who do not use BUIDME " 

if they do not use it how can they get these files? 

*  <- ?

You are missing to integrate   BootLoaderChooser CloverConfigPlistValidator folder in CloverPackage directory if the users who do not use BUIDME " 

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

You are missing to integrate   BootLoaderChooser CloverConfigPlistValidator folder in CloverPackage directory if the users who do not use BUIDME " 

Sorry @chris1111 maybe i'm a little tired,

correct me if i'm wrong, if a user do not use buildme, why would he clone the repo, he most probably will just get the installer.

What's the point in cloning a repository if you do not use it, and you already have all needed files into the installer?

in the contrary if he uses buildme

686497948_ScreenShot.png.7d10db077beed19685e33a2eb601c5bd.png

the files will be there, as you can see.

• Like 2

Just now, LAbyOne said:

Sorry @chris1111 maybe i'm a little tired,

correct me if i'm wrong, if a user do not use buildme, why would he clone the repo, he most probably will just get the installer.

What's the point in cloning a repository if you do not use it, and you already have all needed files into the installer?

in the contrary if he uses buildme

686497948_ScreenShot.png.7d10db077beed19685e33a2eb601c5bd.png

the files will be there, as you can see.

The file is created By Buildme , I see in Buildme calling MKDIR for this two folder

A lot of user don't use Buildme it build clover from command and if the case the package will not create with this choices

what i am trying to tell you is that this is not a reason to create changes in Clover Packages depending on BUILDME

@LAbyOne @Jief_Machak @Slice

As I said few hours ago, in my previous post, I can't build latest CloverPKG from commit 75b7443. Using BuildMe script or my custom script. Where is a solution ! Please.

===================== RC Scripts =======================
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
================= Optional RC Scripts ==================
	[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client
======================== Themes ========================
	[BUILD] Catalina
	[BUILD] Mojave
	[BUILD] MyMaterialBox
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BigSur
	[BUILD] One2
Error can't add choice 'disable_sleep_proxy_client': a choice with same name already exists.

@Jief_Machak Reply:

6 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@LAbyOne Is it something connected to the new buildme ? Could you have a look ?

before making modification in your forked repo, you have to re-sync your master branch with Clover. Be sure to have had added "upstream"

git remote add upstream https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

so you can "git fetch upstream". Because your pull request is our master branch, it should be a fast forward. If not you can also force it with "git reset --hard {sha of last commit in clover master branch}.

@LAbyOne Reply: 

1 hour ago, LAbyOne said:

nope i do not think so.. i'm testing it since the very first modification and all works 

828260755_ScreenShot.png.a974cf1fefb7a3a7b2efbee56af28e56.png

i do no think its necessary..

Only strange thing noticed is:

Starting from scratch, cloning Clover and building with new gcc 10.2.0 break the build (on HS at least), stating cc1 is not compatible with the OS.

Never noticed before as having it already installed did not updated to newest..

Anyway reverting to 10.1.0 solved.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, naiclub said:

May I give you details on how to create one like you?

I will try to explain myself: all that is being done is to use the terminal controls to compile Clover, which have been put on countless occasions, even recently, by Slice and Jief; then I used update Clover or update Clover (reset changes) with which the files are updated. Last night buildme was corrupt, so I downloaded the whole package from Clover's github, replaced the buildme only, and that's it! on my Z370 with catalina and xcode 11.4 fills everything out correctly

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MifJpn said:

% cd CloverBootloader
% ./buildme
zsh: permission denied: ./buildme

Yes it's true "buildme" on master is NOT executable

Spoiler

echo "On a local Clover (\c";echo $(git tag | tail -1)") Repo with commit \033[4;5;32m\c";echo $(git rev-parse origin/master|cut -c1-7)"\033[0m"; ./buildme XCODE8; ls -l ./build*

On a local Clover (5134) Repo with commit 75b7443

zsh: permission denied: ./buildme

-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff   6062 13 avr 12:48 buildExtras.sh

-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff  21023 13 avr 12:48 build_gcc10.sh

-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff  23424 13 avr 12:48 buildgcc-4.9.sh

-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff  21975 13 avr 12:48 buildgcc.sh

-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff   7278 13 avr 12:48 buildgettext.sh

-rw-r--r--  1 meunier  staff   2030 13 avr 12:48 buildmc.bat

-rw-r--r--  1 meunier  staff  17572 11 mai 12:11 buildme

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 meunier  staff  10676  9 mai 19:04 buildme1

-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff   6360 13 avr 12:48 buildmtoc.sh

-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff   6150 13 avr 12:48 buildnasm.sh

Hey

mode change 100755 => 100644 buildme

iMac2017:CloverBootloader sergey$ ./buildme

-bash: ./buildme: Permission denied

OK, committed.

Something else?

12 minutes ago, Slice said:

Hey

mode change 100755 => 100644 buildme

iMac2017:CloverBootloader sergey$ ./buildme

-bash: ./buildme: Permission denied

OK, committed.

Something else?

Can you have a look to my post 2 hours ago: I can't build CloverPKG from an existing local Cloverbootloader Repo :

[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
	[BUILD] Catalina
	[BUILD] Mojave
	[BUILD] MyMaterialBox
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BigSur
	[BUILD] One2
Error can't add choice 'disable_sleep_proxy_client': a choice with same name already exists.
Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Can you have a look to my post 2 hours ago: I can't build CloverPKG from an existing local Cloverbootloader Repo :

[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
	[BUILD] Catalina
	[BUILD] Mojave
	[BUILD] MyMaterialBox
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BigSur
	[BUILD] One2

Build process looks different. See

[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
	[BUILD] Purple_Swirl
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BGM
	[BUILD] cesium
===================== BootLoaderChooser =====================
	[BUILD] BootLoaderChooser
=============== CloverConfigPlistValidator ===============
	[BUILD] CloverConfigPlistValidator
==================== Clover Prefpane ===================
	[BUILD] CloverPrefpane
================= Post =================
	[BUILD] Post

--------------------------
 Building process complete!

Build info.
 ===========

I have to propose your Clover repo is different from official so why you can't compile.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Slice said:

Build process looks different. See

[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
	[BUILD] Purple_Swirl
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BGM
	[BUILD] cesium
===================== BootLoaderChooser =====================
	[BUILD] BootLoaderChooser
=============== CloverConfigPlistValidator ===============
	[BUILD] CloverConfigPlistValidator
==================== Clover Prefpane ===================
	[BUILD] CloverPrefpane
================= Post =================
	[BUILD] Post

Building process complete!

Build info.
 ===========

I have to propose your Clover repo is different from official so why you can't compile.

I can compile with no problem until commit 2eb35b7 (08/05/2021).  I recheck again  

• Like 1

Not sure to have followed everything about the package, and integration of ccpv in the pkg. About people who use buildme and people who don't

Let's keep things simple :

- buildme is when you cloned the repo (obviously). It builds thing in CloverPackage.

- the package is self-contained and must be able to install options without even internet.

I didn't check thoroughly but I think it's the case. Can you confirm @LAbyOne ?

• Like 4

These are the current errors i get on my config

Warning: Expect a string of 4 chars for tag '/ACPI/DropTables[0]/Signature:27'.Warning: Expect a string of 4 chars for tag '/ACPI/DropTables[1]/Signature:31'.Warning: Expect a boolean, an int8 or a string starting with 'n' or '-' for '/Boot/XMPDetection:113'.Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[0]/Ignore:154'. Skipped.Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[1]/Ignore:174'. Skipped.Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[2]/Ignore:186'. Skipped.Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[3]/Ignore:204'. Skipped.Warning: Boolean value contained in a string. Please use  instead of yes for tag '/SystemParameters/InjectKexts:1342'Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/ProvideConsoleGopEnable:1403'. Skipped.

I’ve gotten it down to just the ProvideConsoleGopEnable quirk and it’s still booting just fine on 5133

When and why was this quirk removed?
I see nothing in OpenCores changelog to reflect the removal of this quirk.

As soon as I update to 5134 even with this quirk in place after clover GUI I get black screen.

Anyone else on AMD updated to 5134?

Bump for assistance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Bump for assistance

Hi,

good to see you back. You disappeared for a while. I hope everything's fine for you.

19 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

/ACPI/DropTables[0]/Signature:27

Take things one by one:

- line 27, you have a signature which is more than 4 chars long. Could be space before or after. Or an invisible char. You might need to have a look with hexfiend to be sure.

- Same line 31.

- XMPDetection should be <true/> or <false/> or <integer>{integer}</integer>. If it's currently working, just remove that key or put the default value <true/> 

- /GUI/Custom/Entries[x]/Ignore : that key never existed. Remove.

- /SystemParameters/InjectKexts:1342 : you have <string>yes<string>, it's stricter to put <true/> instead although both currently work.

- /Quirks/ProvideConsoleGopEnable : that key doesn't exist here anymore. It's in GUI and it's called ProvideConsoleGop (no "Enable" at the end). Default is true so you can just remove this one.

• Like 1

Take things one by one:
 - line 27, you have a signature which is more than 4 chars long. Could be space before or after. Or an invisible char. You might need to have a look with hexfiend to be sure.
 - Same line 31.
 - XMPDetection should be or or {integer}. If it's currently working, just remove that key or put the default value :  
- /GUI/Custom/Entries[x]/Ignore : that key never existed. Remove.
- /SystemParameters/InjectKexts:1342 : you have yes, it's stricter to put instead although both currently work.
- /Quirks/ProvideConsoleGopEnable : that key doesn't exist here anymore. It's in GUI and it's called ProvideConsoleGop (no "Enable" at the end). Default is true so you can just remove this one.

Yeah my monitor was broken. Plus other dramas but back now.

Oh I can easily fix the issues with the config.plist but when I update clover to 5134 I get a black screen. Exact config works with 5133. This is on my AMD rig.

@Jief_Machak

Buildme Like the Old command (CloverCommand) and the first one create by @JrCsCloverGrower  is not suppose to create stuff in the package, it only calls Makepkg for the package to be created

cd ~/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/

makepkg

that's why it should stick to that, to create things in the package it goes through the source and buildpkg.sh and all the makefiles

Edit *** This is how Clover has always functioned since its existence

Edited by chris1111