Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2021 at 1:53 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Could just the fact that there is a bit more log. Each log line open a file, write, and close (to flush). Not the quickest operation.

What you can do to compare is to start with boot/debug set to false and save preboot.log with F2.

Do that with both version and send me these logs. The last time I made something inefficient, it added 12 seconds to the boot !

once the parser warnings were eliminated/commented out, boot time was consistent with previous versions. all good now.

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

If this app is still alive, I could work with the guy so his app integrate the source code of the validator in Clover Configurator app. That'll ensure that the generated XML is 100% correct.

Do you know if the app is still alive and who make this app ?

He did a similar app Open Core Configurator that has Opencore validator tool integrated, so i think could easily fix all the issues and add validator as well in the Clover Configurator app.

Thanks a lot for your work Jief.

49 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

here too the build has no problems...

1942859678_ScreenShot.png.8ef9f77cba691fd63cffbbaac3e84fd0.png

I can build, but CloverConfigPlistValidator hasn't revision number (r5134). How do you do that, please.

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I can build, but CloverConfigPlistValidator hasn't revision number (r5134). How do you do that, please.

you will do it too soon, by waiting patiently :)

i will pull all modifications later tonight or tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

If this app is still alive, I could work with the guy so his app integrate the source code of the validator in Clover Configurator app. That'll ensure that the generated XML is 100% correct.

Do you know if the app is still alive and who make this app ?

He is mackie100. Ten years ago he decided to make private project and may be commercial and rejected our requests for cooperation.

The project is still popular in the net despite on our opinion.

For example

https://www.applelife.ru/threads/rekomenduemye-redaktory-plist-fajlov-xml-i-pochemu-ne-konfigurator.41550/ 

About CCPV I don't think it should has "_5134". It is the user affair to keep and rename version.

The installer will just replace old version to new. Let it be only new version.

May be add a functionality to it to check Clover version currently installed and say something like

"... you are booted with Clover 5119 while using club canin for 5134...". :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slice said:

About CCPV I don't think it should has "_5134". It is the user affair to keep and rename version.

May be add a functionality to it to check Clover version currently installed and say something like

Ideally, we should have a version number for the plist that is independent of Clover version number. Because many release shared the same plist definition. If that version would be in the config plist itself, it means we could maintain a backward compatibility while evolving. The validator could know all the different version and validate accordingly.

If you look inside the code, it'll be quite easy with this new parser. For example, if a config-v1.2.plist that has a slightly modified GUI section but all the reset is identical, only the Config_GUI.h would be modified ( or subclassed if it's an addition).

In that case, there would only one validator that can validate all.

Ok, that would be amazing, but do we really need it ? The config.plist doesn't change much. And now the validator is there, if we make a non-compatible change, the user who is trying to update an old config.plist will know quickly.

And I kind of want to reduce my Clover todo list instead of increasing it.

If we stay like this, we can't automatically know the corresponding clover version. Except if you run the validator on one configplist located in a Clover folder that does not contains multiple version of a clover efi file. If I have few version (including intermediary commits) , let's say, from 5132 to 5134, the validator cannot know if what it is validating will work in 5132 as well as 5134.

In the other hand, the installer pkg is probably more for people who don't play with multiple efi file in one clover folder, and who don't have hundreds of config.plist from a lot of people (that's me :lol:).

There's pros and cons... I personally always rename ALL the apps I used (including big apps like Firefox, Chrome, etc.) with a version number in the name. Very handy when you have multiple version of an app because you see the version number in the "Open with..." menu for example.

In the case you install the new version, probably upgrade and never downgrade, and ccpv is installed somewhere with a fixed name, it could make it easier for regular user..

Story short, what am I saying ? Version number in the name or not ?

Hum, I think I realise, writing this, that I don't know...:hysterical:

3 hours ago, Slice said:

rejected our requests for cooperation

Too bad for him. He would have had more donation if there weren't this bugs and if we support it.

Whatever, my todo list's long enough.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Slice said:

No worries, ccpv will have no versioning in it,

it will have that reference only if you build it manually

Btw, should i remove the preference pane and updater from installer, before committing?

Edited by LAbyOne

11 hours ago, matxpa said:

(??? in French in the text ?)

:lol: No, not in French in the text :hysterical:

11 hours ago, matxpa said:

There's pros and cons...

That's proper english, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, yes, they say that.

8 hours ago, naiclub said:

Sorry, no idea. Is that a new thing ? Which version of Clover works, if any ?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

:ฮ่า ๆ: ไม่ไม่ใช่ภาษาฝรั่งเศสในข้อความ : ตีโพยตีพาย:

นั่นคือภาษาอังกฤษที่เหมาะสมถ้าฉันไม่เข้าใจผิด ใช่ใช่พวกเขาพูดอย่างนั้น

ขออภัยไม่มีความคิด เป็นสิ่งใหม่หรือไม่? Clover เวอร์ชันใดใช้งานได้ถ้ามี

I installed M.2 NVMe in, which is always ticking like that.

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-10 เวลา 11.37.36.png

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-10 เวลา 11.37.54.png

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-10 เวลา 11.38.06.png

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-10 เวลา 11.38.40.png

On 5/8/2021 at 12:24 PM, MacKonsti said:

Hi everyone, @Jief_Machak and @Slice I have a bug to report for r5134 that is not there in r5133 unless the structure of config.plist changed.

No I am getting the mouse pointer in the bootloader UI main screen in r5134 despite having it disabled (setting is respected in r5133).

Please advise? Has the setting changed in structure? I do not get an error with CloverConfigValidator. Thank you!

Anyone else confirming this? The thread has been so busy that some messages may fall through... Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

Anyone else confirming this? The thread has been so busy that some messages may fall through... Thanks!

Do you build r5134 commit fd487666: "Stop ignoring Mouse parameter". Maybe it solve this issue.

I upload  commit 2eb35b7 who contain commit for the mouse pointers. As usual, copy/paste CLOVERX64.efi in EFI/CLOVER, rename it BOOTX64.efi also, copy/paste to EFI/BOOT

CLOVERX64.efi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks @Matgen84 but I cannot build, I just wanted to confirm if other people came across this. It seems one of the developers may have solved it already. Thank you again, as well as the coders. Please everyone, do keep a changelog/history of the fixes for the next Release so we know what has improved.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I upload  commit 2eb35b7 who contain commit for the mouse pointers. As usual, copy/paste CLOVERX64.efi in EFI/CLOVER, rename it BOOTX64.efi also, copy/paste to EFI/BOOT

Quick test(temporary from Supermicro C422 hack)bootlog.txt

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 21.25.02.png

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 21.23.54.png

Edited by yapan4

1 hour ago, MacKonsti said:

Please everyone, do keep a changelog/history of the fixes for the next Release so we know what has improved.

You can find it under commits. Especially if you will be using the builds that were being attached here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, Matgen84 said:

Do you build r5134 commit fd487666: "Stop ignoring Mouse parameter". Maybe it solve this issue.

CLOVERX64.efi 1.6 MB · 3 downloads

Hi all

With the last one 19b54b5 (X64-RELEASE_XCODE8) Clover compil. woks fine too.

And Big Sur 11.4 beta2 (20F5055c) to Big Sur 11.4 beta3 (20F5065a) with Clover r5134-19b54b5 done.

Greetings

Edited by matxpa
  • Like 2

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

I can't build latest CloverPKG from commit 75b7443 :cry:

===================== RC Scripts =======================
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
================= Optional RC Scripts ==================
	[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client
======================== Themes ========================
	[BUILD] Catalina
	[BUILD] Mojave
	[BUILD] MyMaterialBox
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BigSur
	[BUILD] One2
Error can't add choice 'disable_sleep_proxy_client': a choice with same name already exists.

sudo ./xbuildme

------------------------------------------------------------------------
cat: vers.txt: No such file or directory
buildme, Clover v2.5k r (SHA: 75b744362)
TOOLCHAIN: GCC53 (override example: './buildme GCC53')

--> add  directory Conf

Error with .xbuildme /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader/BaseTools/BuildEnv: line 87: /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader/Conf/BuildEnv.sh: No such file or directory

WORKSPACE: /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader/BaseTools
CONF_PATH: /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader/Conf
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/build_rule.template
     to /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader/Conf/build_rule.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/tools_def.template
     to /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader/Conf/tools_def.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/target.template
     to /Users/me/Desktop/CloverBootloader/Conf/target.txt
[BUILD CLOVER]
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/me/Desktop/opt/local ? ? ? ?

No clover toolchain found !
Build it with the build_gcc9.sh script or define the TOOLCHAIN_DIR variable.

need readme for export variable or PATH

OR use in BaseTool/Conf ?

Edited by maclinuxG4
modification

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

I can't build latest CloverPKG from commit 75b7443 :cry:

===================== RC Scripts =======================
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
================= Optional RC Scripts ==================
	[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client
======================== Themes ========================
	[BUILD] Catalina
	[BUILD] Mojave
	[BUILD] MyMaterialBox
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BigSur
	[BUILD] One2
Error can't add choice 'disable_sleep_proxy_client': a choice with same name already exists.

@LAbyOne Is it something connected to the new buildme ? Could you have a look ?

before making modification in your forked repo, you have to re-sync your master branch with Clover. Be sure to have had added "upstream"

git remote add upstream https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

so you can "git fetch upstream". Because your pull request is our master branch, it should be a fast forward. If not you can also force it with "git reset --hard {sha of last commit in clover master branch}.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1