Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Allan said:

Hey guys, I have a little doubt.

AFAIK for BS there's no more USB Port limit patch (last one is for Catalina and is DISABLED on my Hack install).

So after doing the USB mapping, we need to keep XhciPortLimit quirk enabled? :idea:

It is destructive quirk so it will be better to keep it disabled as in config-sample.plist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

On my AMD rig I get distortion / cut off sound using the boot chime with clovers AudioDxe.efi but if I use OpenCores AudioDxe.efi I have no issues.

It looks like new authors corrections in the driver. Should look.

• Like 1

@Slice

The two screenshots come from my Laptop Asus.

"EFI\CLOVER" useful ? may be no more but ...

There's two distinct versions :

1) Only with the short SHA (7 chars) added

2) with BUILDTARGET + TOOLCHAIN + short SHA (7 chars) added

17 minutes ago, PG7 said:

@Jief_Machak @Slice Team

Hello team

I have a problem I don't know if there is anything direct to be done on Clover

I will explain and it will be a little long, I apologize already but when and when you have to explain everything has to be checked!

I have a Samsung NP350V5C-S06FR
intel i3-3110M
intel HD4000 + Radeon HD 7670M is disabled in DSDT
SSD
8go RAM ddr3 (1333MHz)
working in Big Sur but already well since previous systems

he always bothered me with the BootLoader directly on the disk where he sometimes only accepted Legacy and even after being able to activate in UEFI it is necessary to use a Microsoft paste in EFI so that he can create the boot entry in the BIOS because without this method he does
- I tested it by the commands in Shell to create a new entry in the bios for Clover but I always find a problem now since I updated to r5135
it used to work now I tested it until I revolted the old version and I can't get it in any way

he can boot the Clover because as in the print here he recognizes a warning from the touchpad that I put on purpose to see if he found the config.plist and that is the case
it presents the print error but does not leave this screen automatically, that is, I send it to boot and it stops there
- if I choose manually by the F10 key and the boot partition where the Clover path is located (\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi) it passes on this same warning screen and continues the normal boot

remember I used that same form in r5134 and earlier and it worked
I did a reinstall of Clover by .pkg as I always do and I never had this problem

I leave the Logo NO boot auto where it stands and does not continue
just like Boot F10 OK where it boots

I already tried a little of everything even Clean CMOS but it remains the same and even in legacy mode it does not automatically boot to this screen

I suspect the bios but how it gets the Boot both from the USB and the disk with the F10 key makes me more confused

thanks to everyone who can check the logs and be able to give me an indication

Thanks to all who spend time to be able to put all this possible, right now I'm a little absent here with you for personal reasons but always following the Clover team

Google translate 

Hide contents

IMG_20210518_190817_BURST001_COVER.thumb.jpg.f15cd536ca02defac188b96b8261d702.jpg

no boot auto 2021-05-18_17-26_CLOVERX64.efi.log 6.43 kB · 0 downloads boot F10 OK 2021-05-18_17-27_CLOVERX64.efi.log 52.22 kB · 0 downloads

At least, start to delete the key DoubleClick in GUI/Mouse from your config.plist...

On 5/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, AntarcticP said:

Deleted my NVRAM.plist and now getting the following message in the log. Clover still crashes.

29:055  0:002  Searching volumes for latest nvram.plist ...
29:059  0:004   - [0] no nvram.plist - skipping!

Send a zip of your whole Clover folder. I'll try to reproduce...

Just now, PG7 said:

I put this key to have the warning on the screen and be able to see if it is booting Clover

as a rule I no longer use this key as I already pointed out in a previous message at the exit of r5135

this error rapporteur is just for that (being able to have information instead of having only the Samsung screen!)

Oh, sorry. But your translated message is not understandable...

Try in French ?

1 hour ago, Slice said:

It is good for large screen but bothers on small screen like laptops.

Is the information "\EFI\CLOVER" useful somehow?

I have more than one Clover folder and switch a lot between them. So yes, I think it's useful. Now, it can be only when Boot/Debug in true, for example... Or just in my own builds if no one likes it.

41 minutes ago, PG7 said:

@Jief_Machak @Slice Team

Hello team

I will explain and it will be a little long, I apologize already but when and when you have to explain everything has to be checked!

intel i3-3110M
SSD
8go RAM ddr3 (1333MHz)

he always bothered me with the BootLoader directly on the disk where he sometimes only accepted Legacy and even after being able to activate in UEFI it is necessary to use a Microsoft paste in EFI so that he can create the boot entry in the BIOS because without this method he does
- I tested it by the commands in Shell to create a new entry in the bios for Clover but I always find a problem now since I updated to r5135
it used to work now I tested it until I revolted the old version and I can't get it in any way

he can boot the Clover because as in the print here he recognizes a warning from the touchpad that I put on purpose to see if he found the config.plist and that is the case
it presents the print error but does not leave this screen automatically, that is, I send it to boot and it stops there
- if I choose manually by the F10 key and the boot partition where the Clover path is located (\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi) it passes on this same warning screen and continues the normal boot

I already tried a little of everything even Clean CMOS but it remains the same and even in legacy mode it does not automatically boot to this screen

I suspect the bios but how it gets the Boot both from the USB and the disk with the F10 key makes me more confused

Thanks to all who spend time to be able to put all this possible, right now I'm a little absent here with you for personal reasons but always following the Clover team

Google translate 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20210518_190817_BURST001_COVER.thumb.jpg.f15cd536ca02defac188b96b8261d702.jpg

no boot auto 2021-05-18_17-26_CLOVERX64.efi.log 6.43 kB · 0 downloads boot F10 OK 2021-05-18_17-27_CLOVERX64.efi.log 52.22 kB · 0 downloads

C'est ce message là qui est difficilement compréhensible.

je n'ai pas compris quel est le problème.

47 minutes ago, PG7 said:

@Jief_Machak @Slice Team

Hello team

intel i3-3110M
SSD
8go RAM ddr3 (1333MHz)

Google translate 

Reveal hidden contents

Dans le fichier "no boot auto 2021-05-18_17-26_CLOVERX64.efi.log", le log s'arrete dans le chargement des drivers. J'imagine un crash...

• Like 1

OMG, Portuguese, French and English at the same time. Which one I can read?

So many options...:P

But guys, seriously, in English sections, just post in English. Post more than one language will not make the help that you want came quickly.

• Like 1

It looks like new authors corrections in the driver. Should look.

It’s been like it for a while, I just used OC’s driver and it’s all good but if can update clovers it will save the hassle of replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool cool with languages, guys. Skipping few messages that are not in English is not that big of a problem, right ?

We moved to private messages, so that's fine.

But in a general way, when a specific problem is identified, I think we should open issues on GitHub. It's easier to follow issues one by one instead of this big forum where more than on conversation are going on at the same time.

So, @AntarcticP and @PG7 : Could you open an issue on github. @PG7 You can open it in French, that's fine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, AntarcticP said:

Deleted my NVRAM.plist and now getting the following message in the log. Clover still crashes.

29:055  0:002  Searching volumes for latest nvram.plist ...
29:059  0:004   - [0] no nvram.plist - skipping!

I found a bug. Not sure if it applies to you. Could you test ?

CloverX64-2021-05-19-10-01-12-82ba60a-dirty-jief.zip

11 hours ago, matxpa said:

@Slice

The two screenshots come from my Laptop Asus.

"EFI\CLOVER" useful ? may be no more but ...

There's two distinct versions :

1) Only with the short SHA (7 chars) added

2) with BUILDTARGET + TOOLCHAIN + short SHA (7 chars) added

@matxpa Clover revision with only the short SHA (7 chars) at bottom right. I think it would be useful enough for end users.

10 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I have more than one Clover folder and switch a lot between them. So yes, I think it's useful. Now, it can be only when Boot/Debug in true, for example... Or just in my own builds if no one likes it.

@Jief_Machak @Slice

Few month, I suggest to activate /EFI/CLOVER (bottom right) as possibility with Boot/Debug in true. I think that would be a good compromise. Especially for those who have installed and use BootLoaderChooser.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I found a bug. Not sure if it applies to you. Could you test ?

CloverX64-2021-05-19-10-01-12-82ba60a-dirty-jief.zip 821.15 kB · 1 download

Hi @Jief_Machak

Thanks a lot, this solved my problem! Typing this from my Hack, booted with this CloverX64.efi.

Hope you can include this in the next release!

Will not add this to the Github issues list, I assume.

Edited by AntarcticP
Added Github remark.

31 minutes ago, AntarcticP said:

Hi @Jief_Machak

Thanks a lot, this solved my problem! Typing this from my Hack, booted with this CloverX64.efi.

Hope you can include this in the next release!

Will not add this to the Github issues list, I assume.

If it's fixed, no need for issue on github.

I'll commit it, so yes, it'll be in the next release.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

If it's fixed, no need for issue on github.

I'll commit it, so yes, it'll be in the next release.

OK, but what is the case that

RootDir = EfiLibOpenRoot(Handles[indexHandle]);

can return null? It's impossible. EFI partition is bad formed?

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@matxpa Clover revision with only the short SHA (7 chars) at bottom right. I think it would be useful enough for end users.

@Jief_Machak @Slice

Few month, I suggest to activate /EFI/CLOVER (bottom right) as possibility with Boot/Debug in true. I think that would be a good compromise. Especially for those who have installed and use BootLoaderChooser.

Couldn't this be managed by "theme.plist" ?

Spoiler

522635339_Capturedecran2021-05-19a16_31_45.png.122cc80a76528b6c0b0b7d4db7ba3a5e.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slice said:

OK, but what is the case that

RootDir = EfiLibOpenRoot(Handles[indexHandle]);

can return null? It's impossible. EFI partition is bad formed?

Well, never happened before...

No idea. Bad firmware ?

Doesn't hurt to check for NULL anyway.

• Like 1

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

I update Big Sur 11.4 RC to 11.5 Beta from my HDD. At reboot, I can boot Big Sur 11.5 Beta nor form HDD, nor from USB 5135 (master, commit 4bd343402).
Only underscore at top left of the screen.

Error message in Debug.log 

39:405  10:054  OCB: InternalEfiExit 3361E298 - Aborted / Unsupported
39:587  0:182  StartImage failed : Aborted

Any ideas, please

2021-05-20_08-55_BOOTX64.EFI.log

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Start with Clover that is NOT on a USB stick ?

I tried both (HDD and USB stick). After, some reset and shutdown. I decide to boot BS 11.5 Beta from OC USB stick and shutdown. I restart again to boot from my Clover HDD: all works fine now. Strangely !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1