Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, @Jief_Machak and @Slice I have a bug to report for r5134 that is not there in r5133 unless the structure of config.plist changed.

No I am getting the mouse pointer in the bootloader UI main screen in r5134 despite having it disabled (setting is respected in r5133):

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>EmbeddedThemeType</key>
		<string>Dark</string>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Preboot</string>
			<string>Recovery</string>
		</array>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>ProvideConsoleGop</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>bootcamp</string>
	</dict>

Please advise? Has the setting changed in structure? I do not get an error with CloverConfigValidator. Thank you!

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Not sure what you mean here. The xcodebuild command can you -target and -configuration therefore not use the scheme at all.

scheme referred to the one into buildpkg to integrate ccpv, not when building CloverConfigPlistValidator itself...  :) 

Oh yes, forgot to mention as requested ccpv, will be named after the actual clover build. this one will generate CloverConfigPlistValidator_5134

45 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

What about /usr/local/bin of the EFI partition where Clover already install things.

/usr/local/bin?

This could be the best solution, and the easiest way to use the tool from terminal even for beginners.

Proposition: if we agree to this solution, what about renaming the tool (only the one installed in /usr/local/bin) ccpv (obviously i will also add all informations into the installer location and shortened name), otherwise writing CloverConfigPlistValidator_rXXXX any time may be annoying, would that be ok?

55 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak
Advanced users can compile it manually quite easily: with instructions in a readme.file, if they wish.

Advanced users will just have to choose it from buildme menu.

@Jief_Machak i was wondering, if there's the intention to implement the menu "Clover Utilities", i may have an idea on how to populate it, i could eventually show you some pics of a tool I already made, to get the idea.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

CloverConfigPlistValidator_5134

Good.

26 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

ccpv

When typing into console, you have completion. So for me a long name isn't a problem.

But I like ccpv too. I don't we'll ever confuse with "Club Canin du Périgord Vert" :D, so it's ok by me. Does everyone prefer ccpv ?

30 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

the intention to implement the menu "Clover Utilities"

Sure, yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MifJpn said:

the name of r_xxxx will be piled up

Yes, that's true.

But now it's possible to keep many Clover folder with any name, and inside each folder many clover efi file with any name, that means a user might need to keep different validator versions.

So installing it by default in a small efi partition might not be a so good idea. Well spotted @MifJpn.

How do we resolve that ? Is it possible that installer ask where to put it, like a save panel ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MifJpn said:

Thank you for the wonderful discussion.
If it is installed in the location where the command path passes (/ usr / local / bin), the name of r_xxxx will be piled up. I think "ccpv" is a good idea. It would be great if ccpv itself displayed its release number at startup.:lol:

Thank you.

it does, in fact, if that was your question...

1176450526_ScreenShot.png.7ffa08c7c239826be958943a801f7a8f.png

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

updated to r5134 and get the attached error messages which I would like to fix.

Read the last 15 pages of this thread so got some hints for a couple of them but still don’t know how to fix the following:

- /ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:12
- /GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:266

/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCPU:322

Could anyone provide some information on how to fix this?
Thanks a lot for the help! :)

34B50B06-0D05-40BF-9EEE-1DE4E251D105.jpeg

Edited by rramon

10 minutes ago, rramon said:

Hi guys,

updated to r5134 and get the attached error messages which I would like to fix.

Read the last 15 pages of this thread so got some hints for a couple of them but still don’t know how to fix the following:

- /ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:12
- /GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:266

/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCPU:322

Could anyone provide some information on how to fix this?
Thanks a lot for the help! :)

Open your config.plist with an editor and:

- /ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:12                delete it
- /GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:266                   delete it

- /KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCPU:322  delete it

They are ignored now, some of them are from old config.plist or probably added in a wrong way by Clover Configurator app.

• Thanks 1

@MifJpn

Already in the process of doing that.

I‘m down to unknown keys in custom entries - checking that right now. :)

Edit: seemed to be the „Ignore“ key that was ignored. How ignorant^^

BEE8E520-7A15-433B-9747-3D784F0A8411.jpeg

Edited by rramon
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Xanny said:

Clover Configurator app

If this app is still alive, I could work with the guy so his app integrate the source code of the validator in Clover Configurator app. That'll ensure that the generated XML is 100% correct.

Do you know if the app is still alive and who make this app ?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

If this app is still alive, I could work with the guy so his app integrate the source code of the validator in Clover Configurator app. That'll ensure that the generated XML is 100% correct.

Do you know if the app is still alive and who make this app ?

The latest release Clover Configurator app = 20/03/2021. I don't know who make it, you can sent a message on mackie100 projects web site :)

Spoiler

1328678575_Capturedcran2021-05-0815_18_23.png.00a46981a54cc96b710a3d3101e40e30.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Xanny said:

- /GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:266                   delete it

Since 2 minutes (yes 2 minutes :), see the last commit), it's now possible again to configure the DoubleClick interval. But it's called DoubleClickTime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Since 2 minutes (yes 2 minutes :), see the last commit), it's now possible again to configure the DoubleClick interval. But it's called DoubleClickTime.

Thanks :) I see the commit with default value '500'. What do you mean by "configure" DoubleClick interval again ! I don't understand well.

4 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

You can set the max time between 2 clicks to be recognised as a double click. It was forced to 500. Now it's default to 500 and you can change with DoubleClickTime key in config.plist

Ok, I understand now. You mean the config-sample.plist  is going to be updated as well as CloverConfigPlistValidator. ASAP :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Fix Visual Studio compilation broken CloverConfigPlistValidator macOS Build

Oups, forgot to check that.

On my way...

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

config-sample.plist  is going to be updated

DoubleClickTime is not in config-sample.plist, but Clover and the validator is aware of it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Good.

When typing into console, you have completion. So for me a long name isn't a problem.

But I like ccpv too. I don't we'll ever confuse with "Club Canin du Périgord Vert" :D, so it's ok by me. Does everyone prefer ccpv ?

Sure, yes.

image.png.ab7e82e0ea9a8e8443615742c267be00.pngimage.png.e35322f231c335f92fe8f7ad47dad4ab.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Fix Visual Studio compilation broken CloverConfigPlistValidator macOS Build :frantics:

It was just that I deleted that need to be removed from the project...

I'm surprised thought about open the project with xcode and try to compile...

Hi all.

Compilation Pbm with "Club Canin du Périgord Vert"

meunier@MACBOOKPRO CloverConfigPlistValidator % xcodebuild -target CloverConfigPlistValidator

Command line invocation:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -target CloverConfigPlistValidator

User defaults from command line:

IDEPackageSupportUseBuiltinSCM = YES

note: Using new build system

note: Planning build

note: Analyzing workspace

note: Constructing build description

note: Build preparation complete

CreateBuildDirectory /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build

cd /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/CloverConfigPlistValidator.xcodeproj

builtin-create-build-directory /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build

error: Build input file cannot be found: '/Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_ACPI.cpp' (in target 'CloverConfigPlistValidator' from project 'CloverConfigPlistValidator')

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

CompileC /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build/CloverConfigPlistValidator.build/Release/CloverConfigPlistValidator.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/Config_ACPI.o /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_ACPI.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

(1 failure)

Greetings

Capture d’écran 2021-05-08 à 18.06.29.png

51 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It was just that I deleted that need to be removed from the project...

I'm surprised thought about open the project with xcode and try to compile...

Build failed from command line Xcode 12.5 (12E262)

792764219_Capturedcranle2021-05-0812_34_21.png.bf4c3fef617c84d5b1a9e8d150336a3d.png

Edited by chris1111

With 2eb35b70

meunier@MACBOOKPRO CloverConfigPlistValidator % xcodebuild -target CloverConfigPlistValidator

Command line invocation:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -target CloverConfigPlistValidator

RegisterExecutionPolicyException /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build/Release/CloverConfigPlistValidator (in target 'CloverConfigPlistValidator' from project 'CloverConfigPlistValidator')

cd /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator

builtin-RegisterExecutionPolicyException /Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build/Release/CloverConfigPlistValidator

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

• Like 2