Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@LAbyOne Hi, are you still there ?

Tell me when you'll have some time so we can agree on how to finish the integration of the build of the validator.

Thanks for the work.

Whenever you'r ready, btw thanks to you for fixing the 12.5 issue

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Whenever you'r ready, btw thanks to you for fixing the 12.5 issue

You're welcome.

Could you submit a pull request, maybe ? So you'll keep the credits and it'll be easy for future adjustment if needed.

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Fixed.

Please use "xcodebuild -target CloverConfigPlistValidator" instead of using the option "-scheme" to compile. Compiling through a scheme doesn't really make sense as schemes are made for running into xcode and don't contains any build settings.

Hi @Jief_Machak

CloverConfigPlistValidator compiled on BS 11.3.1 (20E241) with commit 243f6d7b3 Fix validator xcode 12.5 compilation problem.

Spoiler

On a

Laptop Ivy Bridge i5-3340M with 
    Big Sur 11.3.1 (20E241)
    Xcode Version 12.5 (12E262)
    Apple clang version 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.22.9)

meunier@MACBOOKPRO CloverConfigPlistValidator % pwd
/Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator

meunier@MACBOOKPRO CloverConfigPlistValidator % xcodebuild -quiet -target CloverConfigPlistValidator

meunier@MACBOOKPRO CloverConfigPlistValidator % cd build/Release
meunier@MACBOOKPRO Release % ls -ltr
total 2360
drwxr-xr-x  3 meunier  staff       96  6 mai 11:01 CloverConfigPlistValidator.dSYM
-rwxr-xr-x  1 meunier  staff  1204688  6 mai 11:53 CloverConfigPlistValidator

meunier@MACBOOKPRO Release % ./CloverConfigPlistValidator /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist 
Your plist looks so wonderful. Well done!

Edited by matxpa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

NOOOOO !

You've just removed OpenCorePkg as a submodule and committed as an ordinary submodule. That means we lost all history.

There wasn't any problems. When I told you, I had done the commit and everything was fine.

Updating OC code while preserving our modification will now be a nightmare.

Sorry, but I had to cancel (not revert) that commit. You'll get something like your repo has diverged if you try to commit. You have to go back to commit d52803e7cd7481346b0c6a28f328aa5243e9658d (with git reset --hard {sha}) to be able to fetch and pull.

Or maybe just re-clone from scratch.

@LAbyOne Hi, are you still there ?

Tell me when you'll have some time so we can agree on how to finish the integration of the build of the validator.

Thanks for the work.

I will re-clone the whole project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

You're welcome.

Could you submit a pull request, maybe ? So you'll keep the credits and it'll be easy for future adjustment if needed.

yes, but before that i've a stupid question to ask.. about the buildme

1) this is how just integrates CloverConfigPlistValidator (8)

297232212_ScreenShot.png.baa38074e230930c38df3a76df7280ea.png

2) or would be better have a  Clover Utilities menu (15)  

1306782524_ScreenShot2.png.cd94344e1d457f77186630c7f8486abe.png1342418221_ScreenShot1.png.fe51e9d54bd7c1a2f306391cf9ee0e80.png

( I added the newparser here just to give the idea...)

for future additions?

what do you think?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@LAbyOne I like the utilities menu, but please remove "by jief". Who knows, we may attract some developer one day ;)

Will it be built in the option "build all" ?

Jief removed ...

it will be built as standalone (from utilities) , into build  pkg, and build all

P.S.

All Utilities, will be built into /Applications/CloverUtilities as i had really no idea where to move the files, as per my own use i would hap placed them into $HOME/src you will see and manage the way you think most appropriated

PP.SS

pull done

PPP.SSS

I forgot to modify 2 files to reflect the last modifications to buildme, i will pull it again in a few minutes. Sorry.

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1

1592189230_ScreenShot2021-05-06at9_36_19AM.png.4ff477f36944349563bf0951ed0a3a59.png

Build CloverConfigPlistValidator

xcodebuild -project $HOME/src/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/CloverConfigPlistValidator.xcodeproj -alltargets -configuration Release

Open $HOME/src/CloverBootloader/Xcode/CloverConfigPlistValidator/build/Release

425320454_Capturedcranle2021-05-0609_43_38.png.4a4f4ea13b3db0706b48af737c123268.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Jief_Machak

XCODE8 RELEASE Clover 541182fcd commit compilation on

Laptop Ivy Bridge i5-3340M

Spoiler

XCODE8 RELEASE Clover 541182fcd commit compilation OK and boot(able) on
        Laptop Ivy Bridge i5-3340M with
                Big Sur 11.3.1 (20E241)
                Xcode Version 12.5 (12E262)
                Apple clang version 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.22.9)

0:148  0:048  === [ Starting Clover ] =========================
0:148  0:000  Now is 06.05.2021,  13:33:42 (GMT)
0:148  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 5134 (master, commit 541182fcd) on American Megatrends EFI
0:148  0:000  Build id: 20210506123544-541182f-dirty
0:148  0:000  Build with: [Args: -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D LESS_DEBUG -t XCODE8 | --cmd-len=50000 -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D LESS_DEBUG --conf=/Users/meunier/CloverBootloader/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 5 | OS: 11.3.1]
0:148  0:000  Boot status=0
0:148  0:000  Running on: 'X75VB' with board 'X75VB'
0:148  0:000  === [ GetCPUProperties ] ========================
0:148  0:000  CPU Vendor = 756E6547 Model=306A9
0:148  0:000   The CPU supported SSE4.1
0:148  0:000  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz

Capture d’écran 2021-05-06 à 16.00.39.png

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Jief removed ...

it will be built as standalone (from utilities) , into build  pkg, and build all

P.S.

All Utilities, will be built into /Applications/CloverUtilities as i had really no idea where to move the files, as per my own use i would hap placed them into $HOME/src you will see and manage the way you think most appropriated

PP.SS

pull done

PPP.SSS

I forgot to modify 2 files to reflect the last modifications to buildme, i will pull it again in a few minutes. Sorry.

Great. Thanks :) Personally, I build CloverConfigPlistValidator to $HOME/src/tools

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Great. Thanks :) Personally, I build CloverConfigPlistValidator to $HOME/src/tools

I know, but as you can remember,

a quite similar discussion took place when Chris1111 made the default directory for EFI backup $HOME.

So since not everybody build Clover itself, we have to find some "universal" directories for all users...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

I know, but as you can remember,

a quite similar discussion took place when Chris1111 made the default directory for EFI backup $HOME.

So since not everybody build Clover itself, we have to find some "universal" directories for all users...

I remember the discussion for EFI Backup, but the directory is created by the cloverpkg. Will CloverConfigPlistValidator be included in the package? or Build by the Buildme ? I don't understand.

1 hour ago, LAbyOne said:

Jief removed ...

P.S.

PP.SS

pull done

PPP.SSS

I thought you would fork the repo to make the pull request. That way it's easy for you to work on your contribution... I can explain if you're not familiar.

1) About putting things in /Applications/CloverUtilities, why don't we build in a clover subfolder (probably CloverPackage) and not put anything outside ? In a general way, I think nothing should be written outside Clover, or maybe in a clear menu item that says "Install in /Applications/CloverUtils" for example.

2) TestNewParser is not a valid tool. It was just a transition test. It's already not working anymore. I shouldn't have committed that.

3) I also think that the validator executable file should be renamed with the version at the end. Like CloverConfigPlistValidator-v5135, or it's a build in between release something like CloverConfigPlistValidator-{7 chars sha}

• Like 2

1) +

I think we can no more compile Clover.prefPane. AFAIK it has no more any usage.

Also we can no compile Clover.app in the common buildme. The author disappeared and the version 1.24 remains forever. We can not copy it from release to release.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I remember the discussion for EFI Backup, but the directory is created by the cloverpkg. Will CloverConfigPlistValidator be included in the package? or Build by the Buildme ? I don't understand.

both

7 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I thought you would fork the repo to make the pull request. That way it's easy for you to work on your contribution... I can explain if you're not familiar.

and in fact i did so, forked then opened a pull request, from dropdown menu.

something else happened? 

anyway always open to explanations... maybe i did something wrong :poster_oops:

1) About putting things in /Applications/CloverUtilities, why don't we build in a clover subfolder (probably CloverPackage) and not put anything outside ? In a general way, I think nothing should be written outside Clover, or maybe in a clear menu item that says "Install in /Applications/CloverUtils" for example.

As I always said, It obviously would be better to have a single directory for clover, BUT, someone made me notice "We" do not have that, only the few who build clover by themselves have a "Clover destination" so become very difficult to create a single folder for it. the subfolder into $HOME/src would have been the perfect place, i agree,  and that's exactly there i keep my stuff.

Btw, into the installer resources is well clear and perfectly readable when checking the option, where the tool will be installed...

2) TestNewParser is not a valid tool. It was just a transition test. It's already not working anymore. I shouldn't have committed that.

sorry about that, also my mistake, forgot to remove as example.

3) I also think that the validator executable file should be renamed with the version at the end. Like CloverConfigPlistValidator-v5135, or it's a build in between release something like CloverConfigPlistValidator-{7 chars sha}

i think it can be done, in a way or another

Edited by LAbyOne

22 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Almost only for the kernel patching part and the Quirks part.

The discovery of bootable volumes and what's in the menu is done like before and way before OC is initialised.

I never really understood why I would like to see my APFS volume but not my HFS ones (or the other way around). If a volume shows up and you don't like, there is a possibility to hide it.

That said, we're open to feature request discussions. What do you find interesting in ScanPolicy from OC, exactly ?

I would say the customisability, flexibility and ease of use, is the charm with Scanpolicy. Just look at what options that would be good to have, add up the numbers and done.

But you are right Clover does have good options already so maybe just try and improve what we got is a better option :) 

It would be nice with 2 kinds of options to hide boot entries:

- Hide and possible to bring up with F3

- Hide and not possible to bring up with F3

For instance I would like to hide the ESP/EFI partitions of Windows and macOS and don't have them come up when I press F3. 

What do you think?

A new theme very nice add to Github Black-Blue

5 background included

Background1024x768.png
Background1080p.png
Background1366x768.png
Background1600x900.png
Background2560x1440.png

screenshot1.thumb.png.0766bc7eb2cf25628cab2794816d3570.png

You can find my theme Clover on my signature is also linked to Google Drive

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@chris1111 could you do (or is there already available) a bootcamp like theme? 

Like this:

Let's Create New themes for Clover ... New Bootcamp theme inside |  tonymacx86.com

It's here on github: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverThemes/tree/master/bootcamp

But the last time I checked it didn't work (around ver v5110). Or is it? 

edit: black ver. also would be awesome

Edited by kushwavez

13 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

and in fact i did so, forked then opened a pull request, from dropdown menu.

something else happened? 

anyway always open to explanations... maybe i did something wrong

When I looked in the pull request, I can see "Add files via upload". So I thought there was a way to upload files to a pull request without forking and committing. Which doesn't make sense...

With a fork, we can continue to work and commit on this until we take the pull request easily.

15 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

nothing should be written outside Clover

Not sure how much you wanna help, but if you can it'll be great.

I think Slice also agree on this (he said +1) : let's buildme build things in CloverPackage only. Could you do it ?

On 5/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, MacKonsti said:

Hi @Jief_Machak thanks from me too for posting the CloverConfigPlistValidator officially in Clover's GitHub Releases page.

For us that don't know or don't have time to build binaries etc. now that you fixed both bugs, can we ask you to either share an updated r5134-1 or r5134.1 binary in the Releases Page or at least, kindly offer it here?

This way we know everyone is using the latest fixed one. Thank you in advance!

Go to https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/actions

Click 1 of latest successfully built workflow

Download the artifact

* Need Github account

16 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Not sure how much you wanna help, but if you can it'll be great.

I think Slice also agree on this (he said +1) : let's buildme build things in CloverPackage only. Could you do it ?

Well fact is, it already builds into CloverPackage, what i find awkward is to have the installer install the tool onto the same directory already containing it.

So to be clear as it seems to be a lot of misunderstandings:

1) it already builds into CloverPackage

2) does it still need to be added into the buildpkg (*see point 3 ) and if so where should it be pointed for installation? (since it builds before the pkg, its already  present inside CloverPackage (1) )

3) please correct me if i'm wrong. The release installer from https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases to be used by all those who do not build their own copy, when it will be built using the modified scheme (so as per your request including the CloverConfigPlistValidator) where it's supposed to install the tool, since /Application is not to be considered and these users do not have a $HOME/src directory ?

4) So i guess adding it to the pkg is not really needed.

From my perspective at this point is easier anytime you post a new release to add it to the download page and let who needs just grab it from there.

What do you think?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

1) it already builds into CloverPackage

Ok, good.

modified scheme

Not sure what you mean here. The xcodebuild command can you -target and -configuration therefore not use the scheme at all.

it's supposed to install the tool, since /Application is not to be considered

What about /usr/local/bin of the EFI partition where Clover already install things.

What about inside the EFI/CLOVER folder.

I'm ok with /Applications if it's the installer that does it (and not buildme script). When you start an installer, you know it'll install, so for me it's ok.

So I may have misunderstood  when you talk about /Applications earlier.

does it still need to be added into the buildpkg

I think so. But what you said about user getting it manually in the github release is also possible.

What all the users think ?

@Jief_Machak

Just my modest opinion: validator is already provided in Github release. End users can download it along with Clover, if they need to. It seems to me the easiest solution.

Advanced users can compile it manually quite easily: with instructions in a readme.file, if they wish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1