Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

What I'd like to understand is why it is nice to turn it off instead of fixing your config.plist.

When Slice said he'll turn it off in the next release I thought it will be disabled for good and what I meant was to have the option to turn it on back again if someone wanted it to be enabled, but now that I understand the concept that it will show the messages when there is an issue with the config I'd say just leave it enabled.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

When Slice said he'll turn it off

Oh, I didn't see that.

Sorry, my bad. There was quite a few pages of this forum I missed.

I think it should stay on, because we know that we will use the validator, most of the time only after we know there is a problem. Knowing that Clover will notify if there is one is a good thing. Looks like we mainly agree on this.

That said, a notification at Clover GUI instead of text messages before the GUI would be nicer...

But my days has only 24 hours...

• Like 3

On 4/29/2021 at 9:32 PM, Slice said:

Validator was built successfully.

I got such messages

Error: Unexpected tag 'true' at line 103 col 47. Was expecting <key>.
Warning: Unknown key '/ACPI/_SB.PCI0.RP03.PXSX:153'. Skipped.
Warning: Unknown key '/SSDT:156'. Skipped.

I don't understand

config.plist 2.zip 3.66 kB · 7 downloads

I've just reproduced that.

What happen si that DEBUG version do it right and RELEASE version is wrong !

Having a look.

5 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I've just reproduced that.

What happen si that DEBUG version do it right and RELEASE version is wrong !

Having a look.

Yes, I uploaded DEBUG version compiled without JIEF_DEBUG :P, because RELEASE is wrong.

• Like 1

@Jief_Machak

It's ok man, maybe I should have explained it better to avoid any confusions. lol

@Slice

I don't want to cause any troubles for you guys you are already doing more than enough on this project so let's just leave it enabled and if so there is no need to make it optional.

And thanks as always for your input and your support guys

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slice said:

Yes, I uploaded DEBUG version compiled without JIEF_DEBUG :P, because RELEASE is wrong.

If I compile without optimization, Release works fine...

Wondering how is that possible, considering it's simple with no "tricks" or anything that's supposed to generate optimization errors...

• Like 1

@Jief_Machak Just an idea. What if a new key or some new features added in Clover? Could the Validator notify us that there is such key, but not defined in config.plist?

For example: Key "IsCloverTheBest" is undefined, Type Boolean, using default value "True" or something like that.

That would also good for another, existing keys too to see that they're existing, but unused OR used with default values. 

Edited by kushwavez

it is simply: before a new change,  and many of us have to modify config.plist, it would be nice to have a tag to take before this evolution

the previous version was tag 23 days before.

it is suitable to reduce the frontier of the investigation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kushwavez said:

@Jief_Machak Just an idea. What if a new key or some new features added in Clover? Could the Validator notify us that there is such key, but not defined in config.plist?

For example: Key "IsCloverTheBest" is undefined, Type Boolean, using default value "True" or something like that.

That would also good for another, existing keys too to see that they're existing, but unused OR used with default values. 

I understand, but if I printed all default values, the new ones will be lost among the olds.

It's more of a problem of documentation, that we don't have anymore (although a lot from the old wiki is still valid).

We need some hands...

5 hours ago, Slice said:

There is also a small bug with line numeration: 122 instead of 123 and so on.

Fixed.

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

If I compile without optimization, Release works fine...

Wondering how is that possible, considering it's simple with no "tricks" or anything that's supposed to generate optimization errors...

Obvious, in the end : a var not initialized. By luck, value was 0 for non-optimized.

• Like 2

To compile the validator, use "xcodebuild -target CloverConfigPlistValidator -configuration Release". That way, the name of the scheme doesn't matter...

4 hours ago, maclinuxG4 said:

Done.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's more of a problem of documentation, that we don't have anymore (although a lot from the old wiki is still valid).

We need some hands...

Yes I undestand that. 

I just saw this https://github.com/Drovosek01/CloverBootloader-documentation

and this

By @Drovosek

I think he did a good job.

The FULL documentation is autotranslated and a bit sketchy because of that, but I can understand.

On GitHub I found out that he started to summarize what are in the latest config.plist, and what the default value is. 

Maybe it is a good idea to mention his work on Clover github README or release page for people searching for documents? 

8 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

Yes I undestand that. 

I just saw this https://github.com/Drovosek01/CloverBootloader-documentation

and this

By @Drovosek

I think he did a good job.

The FULL documentation is autotranslated and a bit sketchy because of that, but I can understand.

On GitHub I found out that he started to summarize what are in the latest config.plist, and what the default value is. 

Maybe it is a good idea to mention his work on Clover github README or release page for people searching for documents? 

Yes, not bad.

He only did Boot and GUI section, but we should definitely collaborate to continue this, maintain a translation for example.

He mentioned https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/. I remember to like this wiki. Is it all lost ?

So there is some more people who can help. We should join efforts...

He definitely has a lot of information with when a parameter was added, what problem and when it was fixed !

• Thanks 1

hello still broken.

i found what block.  (quirks are not guilty !!!!!!!)

i send report to slice

@jief_Machak , i lost time to select, to boot and finish ( boot take  previously 11 s and now  too slow 33 s...)

So last R5134 is too slow !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by maclinuxG4

12 hours ago, maclinuxG4 said:

hello still broken.

i found what block.  (quirks are not guilty !!!!!!!)

i send report to slice

@jief_Machak , i lost time to select, to boot and finish ( boot take  previously 11 s and now  too slow 33 s...)

So last R5134 is too slow !!!!!!!!!!

"I lost time" : I think I understand now.

But you have to send at least some logs if you want us to look.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:26 PM, LAbyOne said:

@Slice and @Jief_Machak

there you go, works fine here, but i will just wait for this till will properly build under any Xcode.. otherwise can become "uncomfortable" for the build itself.

insertions.dmg 33.94 kB · 6 downloads

P.S.

Forgot to add,

- adding a Makefile inside the CloverConfigPlistValidator will make the build nicer ?

- I guess i forgot to mkdir when installing tool onto destination, sorry.

Wouldn't it be handy if you create a pull request ?

Edited by Jief_Machak
  • Like 3

Hi @Jief_Machak One question: I edited my personal Clover script, to build CloverConfigPlistValidator release to a specific destination: ~/src/tools (along side Cloverbootloader). When I update Clover, is the CloverConfigPlistValidator project also updated ? Because I don't use git pull for CloverConfigPlistValidator.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

I don't understand why, there is a difference between commit number for OpencorePKG when I build this morning.

CloverHackycolor/CloverBootloader repo

Spoiler

1112721748_Capturedcran2021-05-0508_09_41.png.2c4549dba1e0e456cc6b144dc9cfd037.png

CloverHackycolor/OpencorePKG

Spoiler

1190313861_Capturedcran2021-05-0508_14_19.thumb.png.9791172b6bcb769c4b7506e67af9d8fc.png

I can't build CloverConfigPlistValidator

note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
error: unable to find sdk 'macosx10.11' (in target 'CloverConfigPlistValidator' from project 'CloverConfigPlistValidator')

But I can using: -sdk macosx (on Mojave, Xcode 11.3.1). 

Spoiler

1970562495_Capturedcran2021-05-0510_08_50.png.c6f9a625f679dd88ec59c9540115c3a4.png

Spoiler

1826756467_Capturedcran2021-05-0510_10_59.png.cae6341e97f4ce335b8bba601715d1e9.png

Edited by Matgen84