Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

@Jief_Machak

Buildme Like the Old command (CloverCommand) and the first one create by @JrCsCloverGrower  is not suppose to create stuff in the package, it only calls Makepkg for the package to be created

cd ~/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/

makepkg

that's why it should stick to that, to create things in the package it goes through the source and buildpkg.sh and all the makefiles

Edit *** This is how Clover has always functioned since its existence

I really don't know how all that works. But if there is a script "makepkg" ALL the package should be done in it. But packaging things doesn't always imply compiling things. Indeed, in the spirit of layer separation that I cherish in my programming, "makepkg" should first check that everything that needs to be packaged (clover efi, drivers, validator, boot sectors, etc.) is there and then only do package...

So for me, if "makepkg" does compilation, I'd remove that step from it and create a "build4pkg".

Also, CloverPackage contains some original files and some generated files. It's also not very good as generated should be 100% separated from original files, like in the Build folder. You just have to delete Build to recompile from scratch.

In the end, if it's working like it is now, maybe there is no need to be so strict about it...

But if someone want to clean and rethink the build process from scratch, he's welcome...

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I really don't know how all that works. But if there is a script "makepkg" ALL the package should be done in it. But packaging things doesn't always imply compiling things. Indeed, in the spirit of layer separation that I cherish in my programming, "makepkg" should first check that everything that needs to be packaged (clover efi, drivers, validator, boot sectors, etc.) is there and then only do package...

So for me, if "makepkg" does compilation, I'd remove that step from it and create a "build4pkg".

Also, CloverPackage contains some original files and some generated files. It's also not very good as generated should be 100% separated from original files, like in the Build folder. You just have to delete Build to recompile from scratch.

In the end, if it's working like it is now, maybe there is no need to be so strict about it...

But if someone want to clean and rethink the build process from scratch, he's welcome...

It is certain that there could be a cleaning and a restructuring I agree

EDIT** keep in mind that buildme was integrated into Clover in 2019 and that before that the scripts to build clover were external

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

It is certain that there could be a cleaning and a restructuring I agree

EDIT** keep in mind that buildme was integrated into Clover in 2019 and that before that the scripts to build clover were external

Maybe it can sound like negative comments, I don't know, but rest assured that I know what the history is in computer dev.

I'm cleaning my printf project and there was quite some mess. And I'm the only one to have done that.

So when I'll ever say : this need cleaning and/or re-design, it's just the way it works over history and not a critics of who has done it.

• Like 6

Hi everyone,

I've commented out the double compilation made by buildme. I tried here and the package build successfully.

If something is wrong, please tell me so I can reproduce or at least understand what this double compilation was for. It maybe just a historic leftover...

Have a good weekend... when the weekend will come for you.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Hi everyone,

I've commented out the double compilation made by buildme. I tried here and the package build successfully.

If something is wrong, please tell me so I can reproduce or at least understand what this double compilation was for. It maybe just a historic leftover...

The collection has been successful.
But stuck, add the file BootLoadCooser. There will be problems immediately.
In summary, the newly added section must not be clicked. So it will be successful as well

Spoiler

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-13 เวลา 03.13.24.png

Spoiler

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-13 เวลา 03.14.04.png

Spoiler

802792576_2564-05-1303_29_22.png.9b5536b8815a2516066a1a006620b21b.png

Edited by naiclub

I share my Desktop background Clover :thumbsup_anim:  Its a 5K image PNG

DesktopClover.zip

2107476359_Capturedcranle2021-05-1217_50_13.thumb.png.16920a8474532b62fff3a87fdcfa57da.png

1 hour ago, naiclub said:

Reveal hidden contents

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-13 เวลา 03.14.04.png

2018316149.png.816385c96bfe533b7ea6a66c8075f3a5.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, naiclub said:

The collection has been successful.
In summary, the newly added section must not be clicked. So it will be successful as well

In reality you'r not stuck at all

Despite the failure warning all your files have been installed correctly in the right places. you can verify

that warning is given by a little oversight i made when re-editing a file. annoying but not crucial to the installation process.

i'm currently modifing also other things, and I will pull everything once finished and verified (this time trice).

Very sorry for these annoyances. 

• Like 2

Sorry apologies for chiming in, when upgraded to 5134 ( from 5133 ) had some error messages in the log that were minor which did not prevent booting.

After changing to Boolean on these few issues, the log is cleared of the original messages. 

from String to Boolean then no messy error message. (for Quirks)

Intel Chip.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:59 AM, Slice said:

Build process looks different. See

===================== RC Scripts =======================
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
================= Optional RC Scripts ==================
	[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client
======================== Themes ========================
	[BUILD] Purple_Swirl
	[BUILD] Clovy
	[BUILD] BGM
	[BUILD] cesium
===================== BootLoaderChooser =====================
	[BUILD] BootLoaderChooser
=============== CloverConfigPlistValidator ===============
	[BUILD] CloverConfigPlistValidator
==================== Clover Prefpane ===================
	[BUILD] CloverPrefpane
================= Post =================
	[BUILD] Post

--------------------------
 Building process complete!

Build info.
 ===========

I have to propose your Clover repo is different from official so why you can't compile.

[BUILD] OsxFatBinaryDrv.UEFI

[BUILD] PartitionDxe.UEFI

===================== RC Scripts =======================

[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target

[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes

[BUILD] rc.scripts.core

================= Optional RC Scripts ==================

[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client

======================== Themes ========================

[BUILD] ThinkPad

[BUILD] Clovy

==================== Clover Prefpane ===================

[BUILD] CloverPrefpane

================= Post =================

[BUILD] Post

Building process complete!

this fixes buildpkg.sh which has problem with logic when not including BootLoaderchooser - this else branch is not needed -- and if it was needed it should have its vars redefined for the else branch.

diff buildpkg.orig.sh buildpkg.sh

1432,1434c1432,1434

<     else

<         addChoice --start-visible="true" --start-selected="false"  \

<                   --pkg-refs="$packageRefId" "${choiceId}"

---

> ##    else

> ##        addChoice --start-visible="true" --start-selected="false"  \

> ##                  --pkg-refs="$packageRefId" "${choiceId}"

Edited by tluck
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

This is not strictly double compilation.

We should split compilation of Efildr (boot file) and CloverX64.efi itself.

This double compilations makes two different files boot6 and boot7 while CloverX64 will be the same.

boot7 is produced when we compile with option -mc.

Having trouble building here too...

Clover r5134 (SHA: 5731ed0a8)
  TOOLCHAIN: GCC53 (override example: './buildme XCODE8')
-----------------------------------------------------------
 1) build Clover
 2) build Clover with HFSPlus
 3) make pkg
 4) make app
 5) make app (with Clover)
 6) make iso
 7) build all
 8) test build (no autogen, no boot files)
 9) status
10) update Clover
11) show diff
12) open CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER directory
13) update Clover (reset changes)
14) clean BaseTools
15) Utilities
16) quit

Please enter your choice: 7
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/CloverVersion.cpp:9:10: fatal error: '../../Version.h' file not found
#include "../../Version.h"
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
** BUILD FAILED **

11 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Having trouble building here too...

Clover r5134 (SHA: 5731ed0a8)
  TOOLCHAIN: GCC53 (override example: './buildme XCODE8')
-----------------------------------------------------------
 1) build Clover
 2) build Clover with HFSPlus
 3) make pkg
 4) make app
 5) make app (with Clover)
 6) make iso
 7) build all
 8) test build (no autogen, no boot files)
 9) status
10) update Clover
11) show diff
12) open CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER directory
13) update Clover (reset changes)
14) clean BaseTools
15) Utilities
16) quit

Please enter your choice: 7
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/CloverVersion.cpp:9:10: fatal error: '../../Version.h' file not found
#include "../../Version.h"
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
** BUILD FAILED **

Strange that I take a fresh copy from github on an empty place and the compilation was successful. How do you do to encounter such error?

14 hours ago, Slice said:

This is not strictly double compilation.

We should split compilation of Efildr (boot file) and CloverX64.efi itself.

This double compilations makes two different files boot6 and boot7 while CloverX64 will be the same.

boot7 is produced when we compile with option -mc.

Could we just add -mc to te remaining compilation command ?

For my information : why the creation of the package worked when I commented out the compilation line with -mc

13 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Ok simple Utility to sanity check config.plist Clover Config Validator View Full Video 15 seconds :hysterical: :lol:

Credit Clover team and @Jief_Machak

You made this ? It’s exactly what I thought to do next with the validator : a mac app, not console.

Do you call the validator exécutable file, or have integrate the source code and call the validation method ?

Wanna integrate this into the Clover tree ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone, I would like to kindly ask your expert support on this Clover issue, please. It has nothing to do with compilation but the passage from pre-Quirks to Quirks version. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have received my Lenovo S145 laptop (Whiskey Lake, Core i5-8265U) from service, that boots Catalina just fine with Clover r5123-1 without Quirks. All SSDTs and kexts updated to latest version, works still fine. The only necessary magic file that does this is AptioMemoryFix.efi

When I switch to recent Clover r513x and adding the Quirks section, for the love of me, I cannot get past mach_boot screen (the page where it says MacOS not yet loaded etc.) and get a Kernel Panic ALL THE TIME :(

Without changing kexts and SSDTs that I triple-validated, I followed a couple of trustworthy guides (e.g. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake.html ) but without results. Tried playing with Quirks, still the same, kernel panic with some mention of CR2 (I am not too good reading panics).

@Slice and @Jief_Machak is there a way to find the equivalent Quirks of what magic AptioMemoryFix.efi used to do?

I played with EnableWriteUnprotectorRebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions but to no avail. Without DevirtualiseMmio (i.e. if FALSE) the boot does not begin :( (stuck in that matrix-style preboot screen). Thanks in advance... (posting my config with SNs removed just in case)

config-konsti-new-kp.plist

Edited by MacKonsti

47 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

Hello everyone, I would like to kindly ask your expert support on this Clover issue, please. It has nothing to do with compilation but the passage from pre-Quirks to Quirks version. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have received my Lenovo S145 laptop (Whiskey Lake, Core i5-8265U) from service, that boots Catalina just fine with Clover r5123-1 without Quirks. All SSDTs and kexts updated to latest version, works still fine. The only necessary magic file that does this is AptioMemoryFix.efi

When I switch to recent Clover r513x and adding the Quirks section, for the love of me, I cannot get past mach_boot screen (the page where it says MacOS not yet loaded etc.) and get a Kernel Panic ALL THE TIME :(

Without changing kexts and SSDTs that I triple-validated, I followed a couple of trustworthy guides (e.g. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake.html ) but without results. Tried playing with Quirks, still the same, kernel panic with some mention of CR2 (I am not too good reading panics).

@Slice and @Jief_Machak is there a way to find the equivalent Quirks of what magic AptioMemoryFix.efi used to do?

I played with EnableWriteUnprotectorRebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions but to no avail. Without DevirtualiseMmio (i.e. if FALSE) the boot does not begin :( (stuck in that matrix-style preboot screen). Thanks in advance... (posting my config with SNs removed just in case)

config-konsti-new-kp.plist 12.31 kB · 1 download

Heard that I changed AptioMemoryFix.efi to OpenRuntime.efi instead?

How to fix it, friends please answer.

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-05-14 เวลา 17.39.28.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

config-konsti-new-kp.plist 12.31 kB · 1 download

Hi @MacKonsti

You can follow the guide in this thread to convert your config.plist to new Clover.

As @naiclub said your can use https://github.com/chris1111/Clover-Config-Validator to verify : this tool is for Clover r5134

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @MacKonsti

You can follow the guide in this thread to convert your config.plist to new Clover.

As @naiclub said your can use https://github.com/chris1111/Clover-Config-Validator to verify : this tool is for Clover r5134

Thank you friends, but I want to fix it to keep it clean. No warning to the eyes What should I do?

Hi @naiclub and @Matgen84 apologies, forgot to mention that @Jief_Machak's Validator tool of course passes the config without errors, the issue is the actual settings/Quirks that replaced AptioMemoryFix...

I will follow your guide @Matgen84 but I did try a few values for the specific platform. I am trying to simulate what AptioMemoryFix.efi did before Quirks.

Again, the boot doesn't even start -- we're not talking about KP in the middle of booting... the booster doesn't start. I will report back. Thanks.

UPDATE:

@Matgen84 I did follow that guide. I am knowledgeable with Clover (pre-Quirks) though; the guide says for platform Quirks to "Head over to the OpenCore Install Guide and pick the guide for your CPU Family and Platform." which I did. Also later it says "If you get Kernel Panics: head over to the OpenCore Troubleshooting Guide and have a look at the "OpenCore Boot issues" and "Kernelspace Issues" sections" which I did too but this is not working.... that is why I post here. I cannot go past the mach_boot stage. Any other ideas? Seems the Coffee Lake platform Quirks don't work on this @##$^ laptop.

Edited by MacKonsti
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

You made this ? It’s exactly what I thought to do next with the validator : a mac app, not console.

Do you call the validator exécutable file, or have integrate the source code and call the validation method ?

Wanna integrate this into the Clover tree ?

Yes I made it,

No the Validator is in the Resources

its call by the script, see file script

Of course you can add to the repos you only have to change the Validator after updating them

EDIT ***

And also I have create a makefile for your validator, much more faster then the command (More silently)

Simply cd CloverConfigPlistValidator them make

makefile.zip

946634141_Capturedcranle2021-05-1407_57_51.png.88a87d83fbfbad0055510a864c17c7ca.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 3