Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

So hd4600 is working on my 9 series board but i have a weird issue with wake from sleep: It goes to sleep first time and i can wake it without any problem...but when it goes to sleep second time i just can't wake it...my monitors will remain black but my mouse will light up OR it the computer will restart itself.

Interesting. I can make the HD 4600 works on Z97 (iMac14,1 sysdef) with Chameleon (problem with the quantity VRAM tough because stuck at 7mb)

But not with Clover. Intel true and platform id ok (0x0d220003) ; reboot black screen, just a cursor on the upper left corner. No boot screen at all.

Oh nice. I'm using MacPro3,1 on my Z68 even though iMac would be a better fit because of how any other model sleeps the sound card. I might try this sometime and see if I can move to a iMac smbios.

Well, I tried it with a iMac12,1 smbios and it didn't work. Audio slept and even disappeared for a while. I guess the only way to fix sleeping audio would be to try and edit the iMac's power management settings but patching system files is never a good idea as it can get undone with an update. Better to just stick to MacPro3,1.

Have you tried antipop as a workaround to keep the soundcard from sleeping?

The same adding this. But I'm not using UEFI.

If you're not using UEFI, then you should use Legacy=PBR.

Also some more info here

You may have better luck with a different boot file (as described in that post, and I also believe that boot7 from installer on sourceforge is now compiled with those flags).

• Like 1

@burkett375,

Add to the boot section of your config.plist:

<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>UseAlternateLogo</key> 
		<true/>
	</dict>

UseAlternateLogo=true / Black background+Apple logo white

UseAlternateLogo=false / White background+AppleLogo Gray.

The default in r2758 is the dark grey Apple on white/grey background.

• Like 3

@burkett375,

Add to the boot section of your config.plist:

<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>UseAlternateLogo</key> 
		<true/>
	</dict>

UseAlternateLogo=true / Black background+Apple logo white

UseAlternateLogo=false / White background+AppleLogo Gray.

The default in r2758 is the dark grey Apple on white/grey background.

Thanks!  That worked.

Anyone know how to go about fixing Clover boot resolution with the HD3000?  Clover gets stuck at a blinking white line with the CSM driver I've been using for the GTX650.  Without it, the Clover boot resolution is stuck at a stretched 1024x768 (from what I can tell).

Or, if anyone knows of a way to enable the HD3000 without marking it primary in BIOS, that would eliminate this problem as well lol 

Any suggestions? 

The BIOS on certain machines won't allow Clover to boot legacy Windows.  On my Dell laptop XPSm1530, I followed Pene's advice and installed UEFI Windows on a full GPT partitioned hard drive & everything works well (even though my machine has legacy BIOS!).

You have Windows 7 or 8? It's possible to install Windows UEFI and Mavericks on the same disk using Clover Legacy?

@franmglp,

Look at my signature and the link I provided to Pene's post :)

"So my main recommendation to both of you is to get rid completely of MBR, stay with a pure-GPT partition, and reinstall Windows in UEFI mode.

CloverEFI provides a full UEFI environment, and you can install Windows in UEFI mode if you boot the Windows DVD or USB through Clover, not as Legacy, but by choosing the EFI entry." - @Pene

I have both UEFI Windows 7_X64 and Mavericks 10.9.4 on my GPT internal hard drive.  I have also successfully installed UEFI Windows Server 2012 (equivalent to Windows 8) alongside Yosemite 10.10 DP3 on an external USB hard drive so ......

Yes

Yes

All booting via Clover legacy installed in ESP on my legacy BIOS based machines - Dell XPS m1530 laptop, GA-P55aUD3/Intel i5-750/Radeon 5770 desktop.

post-846696-0-55063300-1388230773_thumb.

• Like 1

You have Windows 7 or 8? It's possible to install Windows UEFI and Mavericks on the same disk using Clover Legacy?

Yes.

slice$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *160.0 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows                 46.0 GB    disk0s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS MacHD                   113.7 GB   disk0s3
   4:         Microsoft Reserved                         133.2 MB   disk0s4

WithoutUEFI.png

Computer #4 in my signature. Legacy Clover.

• Like 1

While we're on the topic of Windows UEFI installs... 

I got really annoying with not being able to boot my legacy Windows 8.1 and Arch Linux drives via Clover. I also didn't feel like reinstalling. I was able to convert both drives to GPT without any data loss, and to be honest it really wasn't that hard.

For Linux: http://wemakethings.net/2012/07/23/mbr-to-uefi/

For Windows: https://gitorious.org/tianocore_uefi_duet_builds/pages/Windows_x64_BIOS_to_UEFI

I was pleasantly surprised to see both drives booth natively via UEFI on the first try. 

Just thought I'd mention that for anyone considering it.

@Slice,

I managed to install Yosemite successfully using Clover. Unfortunately, I could not boot into Yosemite from installed HDD. 

I can boot into installed HDD through USB installer. Once I booted into HDD, I try to generate config.Plist with the command

./clover-genconfig >config.plist I got error. The Clover version I used is the current v2758. I thought you should know.

I could not boot into HDD because it KP and auto-restart instantanoeusly. I could not provide photo. The only thing I can provide is boot.log attached and maybe you can guide me what changes need done.

I used command ./clover-genconfig >config.plist to generate config.plist to replace the KP one I currently used. No such luck  

bootlog.log.txt

@Slice,

I managed to install Yosemite successfully using Clover. Unfortunately, I could not boot into Yosemite from installed HDD. 

I can boot into installed HDD through USB installer. Once I booted into HDD, I try to generate config.Plist with the command

./clover-genconfig >config.plist I got error. The Clover version I used is the current v2758. I thought you should know.

I could not boot into HDD because it KP and auto-restart instantanoeusly. I could not provide photo. The only thing I can provide is boot.log attached and maybe you can guide me what changes need done.

I used command ./clover-genconfig >config.plist to generate config.plist to replace the KP one I currently used. No such luck  

attachicon.gifbootlog.log.txt

This is a boot.log from Chameleon. So why you can't start YOS.  :)

Slice,

If I wanted to patch the info.plist of a system kext that is located in L/E could I just add this to my config.plist for Clover? I am trying to patch the HighPointRR.kext that is located in L/E for my RocketRAID 2680SGL card. 

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>HighPointRR</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>RocketRAID_2680SGL_Injector</string>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<string>0x23331130</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<string>0x26801130</string>
</dict>

Slice,

If I wanted to patch the info.plist of a system kext that is located in L/E could I just add this to my config.plist for Clover? I am trying to patch the HighPointRR.kext that is located in L/E for my RocketRAID 2680SGL card. 

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>HighPointRR</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>RocketRAID_2680SGL_Injector</string>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<string>0x23331130</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<string>0x26801130</string>
</dict>

No. Kext patching is possible only if the kext is loaded. But in this case it is no loaded with default info.plist.

Use other methods to do the work.

Thanks Slice and fusion71au for the replies. Now I have Mav and Win 7 UEFI installed with Clover Legacy.

Now I'm experimenting with Boot Camp.

If I have DefaultVolume=Macintosh HD, Clover starts Mavericks and if I restart selecting Windows 7 from Startup Disk in System Preferences, also starts Mavericks. If I have DefaultVolume=EFI, Clover starts Windows 7 and if I restart selecting "Restart into OS X..." from Boot Camp Utility for Windows, also starts Windows 7.

Any help?

No. Kext patching is possible only if the kext is loaded. But in this case it is no loaded with default info.plist.

Use other methods to do the work.

Slice,

You mind telling me the other methods, I haven't found one that works yet.

Hi Sergey , please a little question , i dont unterstand why have many HD in GUI clover

I found suddenly other icons after trying the DP of yosemite

1) Boot OS X Install From Maverics

2) Two icons Boot Mc OS x From DP3

post-410253-0-13703800-1405972188_thumb.png

I've read around the web (and even in this thread) that some people have managed to get Clover to run on an Intel Baytrail netbook/tablet (ASUS T100 in my case.)

The issue I'm having here is because this netbook runs on a 64bit CPU but only has a 32bit UEFI bootloader - I am unable to actually start the Mavericks installer - as in, you get the screen flicker and nothing happens. I *have* managed to get Clover to start and I can see the disk by using HFSPlus.efi but I simply cannot make this thing start up the Mavericks installer. Can anyone help? :)

I do understand that the T100 isn't supported and I'm not expecting any further support once I can get past the Clover part - I would sure appreciate some help on the Clover side though!

I have installed HFSPlus.efi (the ia32 build) in the drivers32 and drivers32UEFI folders respectively (just to make sure I have all bases covered) and have also installed the 64bit build to both drivers64 and drivers64UEFI (not necessary I'm sure but worth a shot!) but as I say - no action! :(

Has anyone seen this before? I know trying to start a 64bit OS from a 32bit bootloader isn't the prettiest implementation but unfortunately this is all I have to work with! :(

Has anyone got issues with Clover freezing if booting from a complete shutdown?

Symptoms:

1. frozen/unresponsive keyboard
  2. frozen/unresponsive mouse pointer

Interestingly enough, the countdown works and it boots the last drive just fine. But if you want to select a different drive to boot from, you can't. The workaround for this seems to be a force restart (using the Restart button on the front panel).

I didn't have this issue with previous versions, so my guess is that it might be a bug somewhere in this version. I'm using version 2758. I attached my config.plist if it helps anyone solve this issue.

Now I see version 2774 is up... So I guess I will have to give that one a try as well.

So I've got two questions:

1. Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed in version 2774?
  2. What's the safest and the best/cleanest way to update Clover from one version to another?

config.plist.zip

hi friends!!!

just cosmetic but i wanna know whats going on there!!!

i installed 10.10 dp4 on my hd (working good) but at clover boot screen the yosemite hd is shown twice?!?

any suggestions?!?!?

thx fellas

same here 2 posts above!!!

Hi Sergey , please a little question , i dont unterstand why have many HD in GUI clover

I found suddenly other icons after trying the DP of yosemite

1) Boot OS X Install From Maverics

2) Two icons Boot Mc OS x From DP3

attachicon.gif Schermata 2014-07-21 alle 21.49.13.png