Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

So I just wanted to tell you that I installed Beta 1 today and the Recovery HD issues that we talked about a few pages behind seems to be also a thing of the past now.

It wasn't a big deal for me anyway, but just so you know. :)

• Like 1

No we're not. Did you set it to false?

<key>CustomLogo</key>
<false/>
Also, did you remove the old flag?
<key>UseAlternateLogo</key>
<true/>
Also, can you boot this way (no loading bar, only logo)? Cause last time I've got this issue, I wasn't able to boot at all.

Yes it was booting through to desktop even with no loading bar, and I just reverted to 2758 cuz it seems to be more stable for me. Problem solved lol I dunno bout 2777

Yes it was booting through to desktop even with no loading bar, and I just reverted to 2758 cuz it seems to be more stable for me. Problem solved lol I dunno bout 2777

You might wanna try 2774 instead of 2777, which is not the final/stable version (for as far as I know). I'm using it with no problems.

Hey guys i have HP laptop see my signature for it :D

I use LAPIC patch of clover but only on 10.10 it does not work at all intact i have tried on 109.x and 10.7.x and 10.8.x others are fine ?

i need solution or LAPIC kernel for 10.10

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299775-os-x-1010-lapic-kernel/?p=2044145

see here my post 

Help me :D

not sure if it's related to clover at 100% but got this message today while "building"

Clover Update Detected !
******** Clover Package STATS **********
*       local  revision at 2778        *
*       remote revision at 2779        *
*       Package Built   =  No          *

Getting SVN Source, Hang ten…
    Checked, Updates found...
    Auto Updating edk2 From 15676 to 15686 ...
Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.code.sf.net:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: *.code.sf.net
 - Valid: from Tue, 08 Apr 2014 00:00:00 GMT until Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:59:59 GMT
 - Issuer: GeoTrust Inc., US
 - Fingerprint: ba:9c:a6:31:d6:a1:46:1f:49:d2:d4:1c:0a:96:9a:c1:74:f7:e2:36
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? 

Friends. I had to delete this file Clover: "CsmVideoDxe-64.efi". Because it did not allow the video signal via the DVI port. But now I do not have the correct resolution in the Clover and the system load (the apple screen) boot screen. 

How do I get the native resolution of the monitor at boot without using the "-CsmVideoDxe 64.efi"?

• Like 1

Friends. I had to delete this file Clover: "CsmVideoDxe-64.efi". Because it did not allow the video signal via the DVI port. But now I do not have the correct resolution in the Clover and the system load (the apple screen) boot screen. 
How do I get the native resolution of the monitor at boot without using the "-CsmVideoDxe 64.efi"?

If you take a look at pene's answer to my question at this post (it's passed some time though) the answer is no when UEFI booting...

You can also take a look at the whole PatchVBiosBytes concept starting from here ...

• Like 2

I have an existing Mavericks install using Chimera. I would like to convert it to use Clover so that both my Yosemite install and my Mavericks install use the same boot-loader.

If this is possible and discussed someplace, could someone provide a link? If no link, can someone provide a brief explanation of what to do? Or is it not possible, and a reinstall is needed for my Mavericks.

Thanks,

Frank

I have an existing Mavericks install using Chimera. I would like to convert it to use Clover so that both my Yosemite install and my Mavericks install use the same boot-loader.

If this is possible and discussed someplace, could someone provide a link? If no link, can someone provide a brief explanation of what to do? Or is it not possible, and a reinstall is needed for my Mavericks.

Thanks,

Frank

Did you already tried to boot your Mavericks installation with Clover?

Theoretically, the same configuration (config.plist) should work with both OSs...

Your first attempt should be made using the "Boot OS X without Caches" option though,

(press SPACEBAR under your Mavericks disk at Clover's GUI and select the option) to prevent any issues...

No joy! :(

I tried booting my Mavericks install using the Yosemite Clover install and tried server options including without caches - it would start to boot in verbose mode and about 1/2 way through it would restart the computer.

I will make a carbon copy of my Maverick and try installing clover on it and see how that works.

Thanks,

Frank

No joy! :(

I tried booting my Mavericks install using the Yosemite Clover install and tried server options including without caches - it would start to boot in verbose mode and about 1/2 way through it would restart the computer.

I will make a carbon copy of my Maverick and try installing clover on it and see how that works.

Thanks,

Frank

You need FakeSMC.kext in Clover/kexts/10.9 (for Mavericks) or 10.10 (for Yosemite). You need to create the 10.10 folder since it's not already there.

Install Clover in the ESP.

Also, you might need to remove the Extra folder (added by Chameleon) from your root folder. Not sure it will affect your boot in any way... But booting with Clover won't use it either.

I'll try to upload a screenshot soon of what you might want to check in Clover installation. Stand by (I'm not on my Mac right now).

UPDATE:

Please, take a look at the attached screenshots and try to make your Clover install screen look the same.

When you're done installing it, open your EFI partition (the partition is usually unmounted, but you can use Clover Configurator to mount it) and go to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 (if you're trying to boot Mavericks, or create a 10.10 folder if you want to boot Yosemite, as well). Unarchive the kext attached to this post and copy-paste it into the correspondent folder. Leave the other folders untouched.

Also, you could try removing kextcache so that it can be recreated on the next reboot, by using this command in Terminal:

rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

Now, I don't know how much of a difference would that make, but it won't hurt you to try and repair permissions as well.

For that, open your Terminal, and do:

diskutil repairPermissions / 

Or, if you like a graphical interface, you can download the Kext Wizard app (google it) and do both things from there. Your choice.

And yes, a backup of your entire OS is always recommended. :)

post-1303722-0-05196700-1406399893_thumb.png

post-1303722-0-64915300-1406399901_thumb.png

FakeSMC.kext.zip

• Like 1

Also, you might need to remove the Extra folder (added by Chameleon) from your root folder. Not sure it will affect your boot in any way...

FYI: no it does not. You actually can run chameleon and clover side by side (but only with clover pure uefi boot). Then, the boot process is so different that also completely different files are used.

• Like 1

FYI: no it does not. You actually can run chameleon and clover side by side (but only with clover pure uefi boot). Then, the boot process is so different that also completely different files are used.

Yeah, I thought it might be possible. But...there is an issue with Clover and UEFI only booting (at least in my case there is). I don't have any boot logo if booting in UEFI. So...I prefer the legacy booting method a lot better... Also, because of that, I wouldn't recommend installing Clover in UEFI mode only. And with both Clover and Chimera installed this way, I don't think you will be able to boot both anymore, since both bootloaders are gonna be in MBR....? But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :) I've still got a lot of stuff to learn. 

You might have a problem with CloverUEFI but I doubt it's a Clover problem.  All my Hacks run CloverUEFI and OS X installed with a CloverUEFI:USB regardless of the chipset (Z77 - Z87 - Z97), and without issue... Not recommending something because you can't make it work isn't very helpful.  

• Like 1

Also, you might need to remove the Extra folder (added by Chameleon) from your root folder. Not sure it will affect your boot in any way... But booting with Clover won't use it either.

FYI: no it does not. You actually can run chameleon and clover side by side (but only with clover pure uefi boot).

Hi guys,

It's actually possible to "dual boot" Chameleon & Clover in legacy mode by using Clover to chainload Chameleon (like cVaD's Boot Disk Utility).  I mainly use it for "testing" purposes and if I need to boot Yosemite without caches eg due to a corrupt kernelcache - (note Clover cannot boot Yosemite without caches at the moment).

Procedure For Installing Clover to Chainload Chameleon in Yosemite

1. Install Clover into the EFI of your boot drive with the following options and "Use Alternative Booting PBR"

post-846696-0-92428900-1402660837_thumb.

2. Download Chameleon_2.2svn_r2380_10.10_CBv2_i386.zip and rename the boot file in the i386 folder to boot1

3. Mount the EFI partition and copy boot1 into it

post-846696-0-13882600-1402661198_thumb.

4. Reboot the computer and when you see Clover's blinking underscore, press the <1> key during the two second pause ----> Chameleon will take over the boot process ----> boot into Yosemite.  If you don't press any key, it automatically defaults to a normal Clover boot.

Below is the folder structure of my Yosemite partition with /Extra folder.  I recommend not installing Chameleon's FileNVRAM module in Yosemite since it can cause the boot to hang and might conflict with Clover's NVRAM.plist.

post-846696-0-58733200-1406424633_thumb.png

• Like 3

Please help I loose my mind. Auto Boot doesnt work. 2 weeks ago I installed Clover without any problem in Fusion Drive. I format my machine and installed again with same guide to Fusion Drive. But no matter what Auto boot doesnt work. I checked my config.plist and timeout set 5 I changed different times no any result. I changed my DefaultVolume name with same name my drive "Fusion Drive". Still no any auto boot. I add my UUID to DefaultVolume. No result. I also tried with boot argument "rd=uuid boot-uuid=

" no any result.

Just one thing I used different last install. I create my USB with new Clover v2k r2774. Two weeks ago I created r2756. is that cause this?

Please give me a suggestion what should I do?

I almost 5 times formated and reinstall still no auto boot.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299614-asus-eah6450-video-bios-uefi-gop-upgrade-and-gop-uefi-binary-in-efi-for-many-ati-cards/?p=2042231

that shows you have a GOP rom so you shouldn't need CsmVideoDxe. also csmvideodxe shouldn't be effecting your dvi ports in os so you might want to look into framebuffer or connector issues