Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I tried both plist and data patching, can you elaborate?

Known more than year.

plist patching is not working because the kext is not loaded yet.

Kext patching occur only in memory, for already loaded kexts.

You have to load the kext manually for it will be included into kernelcache. And only after that it will be patched by Clover.

PS. Links to Tony are prohibited on our forum.

• Like 2

I didn't know about this rule

But somebody needed help which I didn't find here. (How to enable hd4600 on 9 series)

I'm not a big fan of tony (understatement).

That is why I seek help usually here.

May be you should do FakeID instead of plist patching?

I tried both plist and data patching, can you elaborate?

Try (8 Series/HD4600):

config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IMEI/0x8c3a8086

Update, does not work w/2703.  IOReg/HECI@16 shows native device_id, no AppleIntelMEIDriver.

Hey guys.  I just now got four screens working using my built in HD3000 and my GTX650.  Since the only screen connected to the HD3000 is my third monitor (a 27" TV for monitoring video editing), is there any way to tell Clover which screen I want the boot process displayed on?  To enable the HD3000 alongside the GTX650 I had to set the IGFX as the first display device in BIOS so the boot process is only showing on that screen now.

Any suggestions on how to get it to show on the GTX650 monitor instead? 

Hey guys.  I just now got four screens working using my built in HD3000 and my GTX650.  Since the only screen connected to the HD3000 is my third monitor (a 27" TV for monitoring video editing), is there any way to tell Clover which screen I want the boot process displayed on?  To enable the HD3000 alongside the GTX650 I had to set the IGFX as the first display device in BIOS so the boot process is only showing on that screen now.

Any suggestions on how to get it to show on the GTX650 monitor instead? 

Clover has no deal with monitors. It outputs to a videocard with monitor connected at POST time.

Hi, I'm new using Clover. I'm trying to make a dual boot. With NTFS.efi I see the Windows partition but when I boot it stucks at a Windows logo.

*Like this:

jX43btu.png

It looks like LegacyBoot.

If you are using UEFI boot then sure you set

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>
		<key>LegacyBiosDefaultEntry</key>
		<integer>0</integer>

And check that CSM is enabled in your UEFI BIOS.

Otherwise I prefer to install Windows 7-64 in UEFI mode and start it from Clover non-legacy way.

Fellas, iRequest some iHelp because iFailed to hide some entries.

It's 3 partitions (on a total of 4) created by Windows 8 during a fresh install (UEFI). When i boot in legacy this three partitions are "obviously"? hidden.

I have tried with custom entries, straight names...

:)

post-497804-0-08680000-1405430942_thumb.png

Clover has no deal with monitors. It outputs to a videocard with monitor connected at POST time.

So basically if IGFX is first, that's the way it's gonna be? Bummer. Other than that, I've never had a more complete setup. Pretty happy with the way things have been going since making the jump to Clover :)

So basically if IGFX is first, that's the way it's gonna be? Bummer. Other than that, I've never had a more complete setup. Pretty happy with the way things have been going since making the jump to Clover :)

Same for Chameleon.

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<integer>0</integer>

The same adding this. But I'm not using UEFI.

It looks like LegacyBoot.

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<integer>0</integer>

And check that CSM is enabled in your UEFI BIOS.

Otherwise I prefer to install Windows 7-64 in UEFI mode and start it from Clover non-legacy way.

At last !

I succeeded making legacy boot with Clover.

In fact I made a mistake, I had LegacyBiosDefault instead of LegacyBiosDefaultEntry as a key, so it never worked.

Now I try to find how to hide the "System Reserved" partition from Clover's boot.

Tried Name, UUID, no luck so far.

Hi, I'm new using Clover. I'm trying to make a dual boot. With NTFS.efi I see the Windows partition but when I boot it stucks at a Windows logo.

*Like this:

jX43btu.png

The BIOS on certain machines won't allow Clover to boot legacy Windows.  On my Dell laptop XPSm1530, I followed Pene's advice and installed UEFI Windows on a full GPT partitioned hard drive & everything works well (even though my machine has legacy BIOS!).

Hi,

What is this new entry :

AFGLowPowerState ?

Thanks.

It's to do with preventing audio crackles see @Oswaldini's post.

Edit - beaten by @alexq :D .

• Like 1

So hd4600 is working on my 9 series board but i have a weird issue with wake from sleep: It goes to sleep first time and i can wake it without any problem...but when it goes to sleep second time i just can't wake it...my monitors will remain black but my mouse will light up OR it the computer will restart itself.

• Like 1

It's to do with preventing audio crackles see @Oswaldini's post.

Oh nice. I'm using MacPro3,1 on my Z68 even though iMac would be a better fit because of how any other model sleeps the sound card. I might try this sometime and see if I can move to a iMac smbios.

Well, I tried it with a iMac12,1 smbios and it didn't work. Audio slept and even disappeared for a while. I guess the only way to fix sleeping audio would be to try and edit the iMac's power management settings but patching system files is never a good idea as it can get undone with an update. Better to just stick to MacPro3,1.