Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

well io want to add a suggestion for this tool

when i boot up with windows HDD/SSD connected and swap between partitions with arrow keys

there is something there i've noticed i don't know if it's me or the builds itself

each NFTS/FAT32 partition shows as Legacy Windows HDX --> stands for whatever the number of the partition

i'd ask Clover dev team to add Partitions with its labels like Chameleon

so i know exactly to which partition i'm going to boot

i don't know if they're going to read this or where to report them with this ( i think it's a little glitch which it annoys me and also others )

Placing ntfs.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 (or drivers64UEFI if booting UEFI) fixes the cosmetic problem with partition names showing as "legacy" instead of their real names. 

If you are booting legacy Windows, make sure to select the "System Reserved" partition

If booting UEFI Windows, select "Boot Microsoft EFI menu from EFI" ----> "Run bootmgfw.efi"

• Like 2

Placing ntfs.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 (or drivers64UEFI if booting UEFI) fixes the cosmetic problem with partition names showing as "legacy" instead of their real names. 

If you are booting legacy Windows, make sure to select the "System Reserved" partition

If booting UEFI Windows, select "Boot Microsoft EFI menu from EFI" ----> "Run bootmgfw.efi"

Thanks mate for this i didn't know about that ... i'm not yet fully capable of using Clover but as i always says Clover=Clever

still there is a lot of things to be maintained with clover i'd report it as soon as possible

• Like 1

Thank you guys for all the info. Everything seems to be working fine now and I haven't had any system freezes or random reboots. I think it must have been the turbo multiplier kicking my CPU up to 5.9GHz!! Anyhow, I understand SpeedStep a bit better and I appreciate all the info!!!

can you show the Geekbench score with 5.9 GHz?

I don't actually run @ 5.9GHz, that was the problem. I run @ 4.5GHz. 5.9 is way too much, that's why my system was freezing up.

interesting, so you have it working with all cores set at 4.5? On my 2600k I had to have one or more of the cores be a different multiplier otherwise it would be stuck at 1.6 GHz and get terrible benchmarks.

Right now I have it set to 4.0 and set the turbo multipliers to 45 after getting some advice on the topic. But even before, I had the multiplier set to 45 on all cores and the turbo set to auto and I would benchmark around 12,600. But it would also lock up randomly, due to the turbo set to auto. For whatever reason, Clover was detecting them at 34/59/59/59 which I assume is what was causing the lock ups. 5.9 is obviously too much.

The way it's set up now (multiplier 40, turbo multipliers set to 44/45/45/45 seems to be working perfectly. No more lock ups and still benching right around 12,600.

Hello, folks!

Tried set patch VBIOS to true so I have native resolution for the boot screen, but this got me stuck at pre boot, even before the Clover menu shows up, with sometimes a blinking cursor at top left of my screen, sometimes a plain black screen, and sometimes even alternating blinking cursor-black screen-blinking cursor again. Had to boot using my Install USB media, and remove the patch VBIOS key to fix boot. 

I'd love to be able to use patch VBIOS, though, so I have a nice boot screen, without stretched icons and animations. How do I do it? Is there any other pre-requisite? For your info, my main monitor is plugged in the DVI port of the integrated HD 4000 GPU. Using pure UEFI/GPT.

All the best!

Thank you verry mutch apianti for the change Clover r2758 on Yosemite boot_Logo

For the Apple Logo crazy fan like me :P I really appreciate ;)

Where did this happen at...

...and why are we still talking about that damn logo lol :)

The CSM Driver gets me stuck at the same point, with or without Patch VBIOS set to true. I remember, it's just like the first time I tried Clover with Mountain Lion: I, and other HD4000 users, had to choose between to boot with a stretched boot logo, or not to boot at all. And then I find out Clover still have issues with the HD4000 on UEFI mode. I remember the solution for this, I think it was Toleda that found it, was binary-patching the BIOS to have native resolution and to solve boot related issues. I thought that, since Clover have gone that far, this issues were all gone with no need for anything as hard and risky as this to get a so simple thing working, like a proper boot screen. That's not the case. At least I can reach the Desktop without unplugging/replugging my monitor, and that was the deal breaker a year ago - that and the panic on wake. The upside of it is, since I cannot get native resolution on boot, I won't bother with that Apple logo thing.

Thank you for the file, ADHDMedia: it was worth a try.

All the best!

No problem man, good luck! I personally can't stand that stretched out res…. I was stuck that way on Cham with my Radeon…. Didn't have that problem with Cham on my new GTX, came back with clover and fixed with that driver. Hopefully you can find a simpler solution!

• Like 1

I'm moving from Chameleon to Clover... I had success to install on my external USB and now I have Yosemite working 100%. (iCloud, Face Time, App Store, Messages etc...)
But I have some doubts about Clover... I would like to know how can I hide, (if possible), the itens checked in RED on the attached image, I was able to hide the RECOVERY PARTITION HD using Clover Configurator APP... but I can't hide the UEFI Internal and also some menu itens (in RED).
And is it possible to make the boot screen no stretched? My screen resolution is 1920x1080.

post-518007-0-63437300-1405132169_thumb.jpeg

No problem man, good luck! I personally can't stand that stretched out res…. I was stuck that way on Cham with my Radeon…. Didn't have that problem with Cham on my new GTX, came back with clover and fixed with that driver. Hopefully you can find a simpler solution!

Find a GOP bios for your GFX card, flash, then disable CMS in bios.

The CSM Driver gets me stuck at the same point, with or without Patch VBIOS set to true. I remember, it's just like the first time I tried Clover with Mountain Lion: I, and other HD4000 users, had to choose between to boot with a stretched boot logo, or not to boot at all. And then I find out Clover still have issues with the HD4000 on UEFI mode. I remember the solution for this, I think it was Toleda that found it, was binary-patching the BIOS to have native resolution and to solve boot related issues. I thought that, since Clover have gone that far, this issues were all gone with no need for anything as hard and risky as this to get a so simple thing working, like a proper boot screen. That's not the case. At least I can reach the Desktop without unplugging/replugging my monitor, and that was the deal breaker a year ago - that and the panic on wake. The upside of it is, since I cannot get native resolution on boot, I won't bother with that Apple logo thing.

Thank you for the file, ADHDMedia: it was worth a try.

All the best!

May be your monitor reported too high resolution then the card supported. You may choose some other resolution to try

<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1440x900</string>

• Like 1

Hi, Slice!

My monitor is 1080p. The HD4000 should support this resolution: I know it does under Chameleon. Is there a difference between resolutions supported in legacy mode and UEFI mode? Otherwise, why the HD4000 wouldn't support in UEFI mode a resolution it does support in legacy?

I could try other resolutions: fine. But it would only be worth if the alternative resolution doesn't distort the menus, icons and animations, otherwise it would be the same as accommodating with (bad) things as they are. I'll try 1600:900 and 1366:768 though, since they're both 16:9 like 1080p, before I call it quits for good. Thank you for the advice.

Don't get me wrong: my experience with Clover has been excellent since I decided to give it a go when Yosemite was released, and I don't look back. But the boot screen and logo distortions bother me, enough to make me giving up trying the new Clover revision, the one that fixes the Apple logo.

Thank you for the answer.

All the best!

• Like 1

P.s.: some questions: just changing the ScreenResolution key in the config plist didn't avoid the distortion of the menu, but that's what I expected, since I removed the CSM driver. I'll try again with the driver in the correct folder, but what I want to know is if I had to use also patch VBIOS set to true, or only the CSM will do? Another thing, CSM support in BIOS can be left set as auto, or must necessarily be set as enabled? Just to do the tests the most correct way possible.

• Like 1

Have a look in the system log and see if the kext is trying to load but failing. You might need to add IONetworkingFamily.kext to the kext folder as well to satisfy dependencies.

I had to do this to get AppleIntelE1000e to work on my X79.

• Like 1

Have a look in the system log and see if the kext is trying to load but failing. You might need to add IONetworkingFamily.kext to the kext folder as well to satisfy dependencies.

I had to do this to get AppleIntelE1000e to work on my X79.

ok friend now try

How are you?