Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

hi all,

i was trying only to use the external screen but not the internal screen, and i found a tutorial said that i should set 

sudo nvram boot-args="iog=0x0"

to disable the internal screen at login.

but even if i set the nvram or i added the argument into the boot args of Clover, it doesn't work...

is that because Clover doesn't support any other boot args? or just because this argument "iog-0x0" is not supported by hackintosh?

Search in your log wich uuid have recovery hd

And try this in config plist

<key>Hide</key>
        <array>
            <string> your UUID </string>
@ Sergey can you fix in boot loader this problem ?

It seems to be a bug in the Yosemite Recovery Update and not a problem with Clover or our hacks.  Mac owners are also having problems - see this thread on Mac Rumors: Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0 bug.

Easy workaround is to replace the com.apple.Boot.plist in the folder com.apple.boot.S with the one from com.apple.recovery.boot (credit @ALManimation and @pokenguyen).  You can rename/backup the original Boot.plist if you like ....

post-846696-0-13708600-1406181630_thumb.png

So is it safe to assume that it's impossible to recreate a missing Recovery HD? Mine is gone. Don't know what happened to it lol

I've found this handy tool to work perfectly in creating a recovery partition for Mavericks if you didn't create one during your initial install of OSX.  Haven't tested for Yosemite though....

Create Recovery Partition Installer 1.1

Requirements

1. GUID partition scheme
  2. Mac Appstore Lion,ML or Mavericks Install.app
  3. Create.Recovery.Partition.Installer-1.1.dmg
  • Simply download and double click on Create.Recovery.Partition.Installer-1.1.dmg
  • Double click on Create Recovery Partition Installer.app
  • Drag your Appstore Install OS X Mavericks.app over to the above window--->RecoveryPartitionInstaller-10.9.pkg is created
  • Double click RecoveryPartitionInstaller-10.9.pkg and follow the prompts to create a recovery partition
  • Like 2

Another quick question, probably more relevant to this topic… when I boot Clover legacy, my HD3000 is able to boot in proper resolution for my monitor, but not in UEFI boot. Any ideas why?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I tried upgrading to Clover r2758 and r2774 but something in these releases has caused my laptop keyboard and touchpad to not work anymore. The touchpad was dead and sometimes if i press a button on the keyboard, it starts glitching out. I downgraded back to r2747 and my keyboard and touchpad work fine again. Any ideas?

Did you install CsmVideoDxe.efi

When I had that driver installed, Clover wouldn't boot at all. Just got stuck with the white blinking line on the black screen that usually shows before Clover GUI.

• Like 2

When I had that driver installed, Clover wouldn't boot at all. Just got stuck with the white blinking line on the black screen that usually shows before Clover GUI.

Set PatchVBios=FALSE

Hey, guys.

Boot.log for Yosemite boot drive being displayed twice in Clover UI, attached to this post.  I hope it helps.

As already said Recovery HD has two entries:

3:627  0:003  found PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0x0,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,BBE5118D-D6FD-400C-BAB3-6A1950BE3C6D,0x4D9B2A28,0x135F20)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
3:633  0:005  found PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0x0,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,BBE5118D-D6FD-400C-BAB3-6A1950BE3C6D,0x4D9B2A28,0x135F20)\com.apple.recovery.boot\boot.efi

And Clover account the first entry as an OSX. In this case it is Yosemite.

• Like 2

As already said Recovery HD has two entries:

3:627  0:003  found PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0x0,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,BBE5118D-D6FD-400C-BAB3-6A1950BE3C6D,0x4D9B2A28,0x135F20)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
3:633  0:005  found PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0x0,0x0)\HD(4,GPT,BBE5118D-D6FD-400C-BAB3-6A1950BE3C6D,0x4D9B2A28,0x135F20)\com.apple.recovery.boot\boot.efi

And Clover account the first entry as an OSX. In this case it is Yosemite.

Ok, I got it. Thank you. :)

It seems to be a bug in the Yosemite Recovery Update and not a problem with Clover or our hacks.  Mac owners are also having problems - see this thread on Mac Rumors: Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0 bug.

Easy workaround is to replace the com.apple.Boot.plist in the folder com.apple.boot.S with the one from com.apple.recovery.boot (credit @ALManimation and @pokenguyen).  You can rename/backup the original Boot.plist if you like ....

So will this workaround solve the Recovery HD partition being displayed twice? Once as an OSX and once as the actual Recovery HD partition?

What about future updates from Apple? Will this workaround affect that in any way? I don't mind leaving it as it is, for example. I'm not booting in Recovery everyday. :)) And the OSX partition works fine. So I could simply wait for the next update. But I'm just curious if this workaround is also safe for future updates.

And, as usual, big thank you for your very well detailed posts. :)

attachicon.gifReplace com.apple.Boot.plist.png

I've found this handy tool to work perfectly in creating a recovery partition for Mavericks if you didn't create one during your initial install of OSX.  Haven't tested for Yosemite though....

Create Recovery Partition Installer 1.1

Requirements

• Simply download and double click on Create.Recovery.Partition.Installer-1.1.dmg
  • Double click on Create Recovery Partition Installer.app
  • Drag your Appstore Install OS X Mavericks.app over to the above window--->RecoveryPartitionInstaller-10.9.pkg is created
  • Double click RecoveryPartitionInstaller-10.9.pkg and follow the prompts to create a recovery partition

I did not say that this is' a bug in clover, I mean if it was possible to do a fix with clover...lol

So is it safe to assume that it's impossible to recreate a missing Recovery HD? Mine is gone. Don't know what happened to it lol

You can use the dmtest utility from the recovery update to create one from scratch. You need the dmtest file from the Tools folder and the two BaseSystem files from the dmg. Pacifist will let you extract these. Put them all into the same folder and run the following command from that folder in the terminal:

sudo dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition / /path/to/BaseSystem.dmg 0 0 path/to/BaseSystem.chunklist

The first slash after ensureRecoveryPartition is the destination. You will normally pick your boot drive so that's /

• Like 2

Ok, I got it. Thank you. :)

So will this workaround solve the Recovery HD partition being displayed twice? Once as an OSX and once as the actual Recovery HD partition?

What about future updates from Apple? Will this workaround affect that in any way? I don't mind leaving it as it is, for example. I'm not booting in Recovery everyday. :)) And the OSX partition works fine. So I could simply wait for the next update. But I'm just curious if this workaround is also safe for future updates.

And, as usual, big thank you for your very well detailed posts. :)

Hi @arsradu,

Yes, the workaround fixes the duplicate entries so that there is only a single Yosemite partition and a single Recovery HD partition and each entry boots correctly.  Below are screenshots from my desktop hack after the fix has been applied....

from L-->R:  Lion, Yosemite, Recovery HD, Mavericks Installer Partition, Windows_7X64 and Mavericks :D.

post-846696-0-41031500-1406205374_thumb.png

post-846696-0-52248700-1406205400_thumb.png

I don't believe the workaround will prevent any future updates from Apple - it is also easily reversed by swapping back the original boot.plist (before you apply future updates that affect the recovery partition). 

If you can live with the cosmetic problem of 2 Yosemite entries and don't use the Recovery Partition, then you can always leave things as they are and wait for Apple to fix it :).

• Like 1

Hi @arsradu,

Yes, the workaround fixes the duplicate entries so that there is only a single Yosemite partition and a single Recovery HD partition and each entry boots correctly.  Below are screenshots from my desktop hack after the fix has been applied....

from L-->R:  Lion, Yosemite, Recovery HD, Mavericks Installer Partition, Windows_7X64 and Mavericks :D.

attachicon.gifRecovery HD.png

attachicon.gifYosemite.png

I don't believe the workaround will prevent any future updates from Apple - it is also easily reversed by swapping back the original boot.plist (before you apply future updates that affect the recovery partition). 

If you can live with the cosmetic problem of 2 Yosemite entries and don't use the Recovery Partition, then you can always leave things as they are and wait for Apple to fix it :).

Thank you! :)

I've got a question, it's not related to the issue itself, but it is related to Clover and your pictures, in particular: how the hell did you take those perfect pictures? It doesn't look like they have been taken using a phone or a camera. Looks like screen captures. How? Does Clover have such a tool built-in? Cause I don't remember seeing one.

hi all,

i was trying only to use the external screen but not the internal screen, and i found a tutorial said that i should set 

but even if i set the nvram or i added the argument into the boot args of Clover, it doesn't work...

is that because Clover doesn't support any other boot args? or just because this argument "iog=0x0" is not supported by hackintosh?

hi all,

is that because Clover doesn't support any other boot args? or just because this argument "iog=0x0" is not supported by hackintosh?

This isn't a bootloader flag but a kernel flag... Is almost sure that Clover itself has nothing to do

with this...

The system is Mavericks or Yosemite? Do you have working NVRAM? 

If no, do you have RC scripts installed with Clover's installer?

You can also add the flag to your config.plist and use IgnoreNvramBoot=true to try...

You can use the dmtest utility from the recovery update to create one from scratch. You need the dmtest file from the Tools folder and the two BaseSystem files from the dmg. Pacifist will let you extract these. Put them all into the same folder and run the following command from that folder in the terminal:

sudo dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition / /path/to/BaseSystem.dmg 0 0 path/to/BaseSystem.chunklist

The first slash after ensureRecoveryPartition is the destination. You will normally pick your boot drive so that's /

Thanks man, been asking this question for days… will try it out when I get home. I'll let you know if I have any questions, thanks again.

Where do I find this "recovery update" ? 

Set PatchVBios=FALSE

I already have this in my config.plist: 

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
     <key>PatchVBios</key>
     <false/>
</dict>

...and it gets stuck before booting into Clover GUI with the blinking line in the upper left corner.  Should I maybe try setting it to true?  I'm using Clover r2758 at the moment.  r2774 wouldn't boot for me. 

• Like 1

I've been having this very same problem for years now, ADHD. No suggested solution managed to fix it. It's not Slice's or Clover's fault. It seems some Intel IGPUs' VBIOSes haven't as much resolutions available for UEFI a mode, compared to legacy mode (my HD4000 displays the correct 1080p resolution with Chameleon).

I thought the CSMDriver worked unlocking all the legacy boot resolutions for UEFI boot, but it appears not to be that simple. I remember someone solving this by binary patching the IGPU VBIOS. Well, if this is the only way, I'll endure the stretched boot screen: it's really not a deal breaker, but a bummer, and definitely not as big a bummer as the ones always caused when you bin patch your IGPU's VBIOS (yes, you got it right: that binary patches ended up creating far more problems than it solved; shame I cannot find the posts about it).

• Like 1

Ya, frustrating but not the end of the world I guess. Just wish I could enable the HD3000 without having to set it as first in my BIOS, cuz then Clover would just load up on the screen connected to my GTX650 (which is the main screen anyway) instead of sideways on my vertical monitor that's connected to the IGFX.

• Like 1