Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

hi friends, still got 2 problems in configuration!!!

1. at the first start i get a auto reboot right after showing me the desktop?!?!?

2 . still no complete shutdown, power led is still burning and power supply isn't switched of correctly?!?!?

any suggestions?!

hi friends, still got 2 problems in configuration!!!

1. at the first start i get a auto reboot right after showing me the desktop?!?!?

2 . still no complete shutdown, power led is still burning and power supply isn't switched of correctly?!?!?

any suggestions?!

May be you can provide some more information?

Slice , is asking you, the more information you're using clover in UEFI mode or legacy? attacks here your config plist, and which driver you are using 64 drivers in the folder? these are necessary information that we need ... ok?

How to setup overclock in clover? My Turbo is enabled on BIOS when I use this setting on Chimera type installation I seeing 3.9 Ghz default. But on clover I can just see 3.5Ghz as Default. I want to overclock my system 4.4Ghz but I don't know how to setup in Clover? Is there a any guide how to setup overclock in clover? Thank you.

I am moving three disks from Chameleon to Clover and I need to understand which kexts can and must be moved to the Clover/kexts* from the Extra folder.

I kwon about FakeSMC, but what about the other kexts and the ones in the System kexts.

Also some S/L/E based kexts which are not "signed" can not be used as well (Mavericks only)

How to setup overclock in clover? My Turbo is enabled on BIOS when I use this setting on Chimera type installation I seeing 3.9 Ghz default. But on clover I can just see 3.5Ghz as Default. I want to overclock my system 4.4Ghz but I don't know how to setup in Clover? Is there a any guide how to setup overclock in clover? Thank you.

<key>CPU</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FrequencyMHz</key>
		<integer>3141</integer>
	</dict>

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 10.41.14.png

Be happy!

Hey Slice.  Any idea why this isn't working?  Only in my About This Mac window though... 

<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
	<key>FrequencyMHz</key>
	<integer>4500</integer>
</dict>

About This Mac: 

3d351943ec.png

System Information: 

cb5682678f.png

EDIT:  The Clover wiki shows it like this: 

c5717cda89.png

Which way is correct? 

OS X by default has register for maximum 4.2 GHz overclock and that is the maximum it will show (I think). In clover you overclock in BIOS, clover on boot takes care of the rest. On my asus gene III it is like that. I overclock with bus FREQ, leave multiplier on auto, and in clover boot.log i see proper bus freq detected, proper multi and turbo and it is just working. Curently at 3.46GHz freq with turbo up to 3.76Ghz on two cores. This is from default 3.07Ghz. "About this mac" will always show base freq. Hope this helps. Use Geekbench to verify new speed.

EDIT:  The Clover wiki shows it like this: 

c5717cda89.png

Which way is correct? 

Both and are correct.

The setting is not overclock. It is only cosmetic for System Profiler.

I understand that, I'm overclocked via BIOS. I just thought that adding that to config would reflect system wide. Everything shows 4.5GHz except for the About This Mac window (see above). Is this setting in config.plist supposed to affect the About This Mac window, or just System Profiler?

Hi insanelymac... 

i'm having some trouble with my dual-boot and posted to /r/hackintosh but it doesn't get as much visability as i would like.

http://goo.gl/kVJUhi

Greetings,

I'm a little stuck here...

1) I installed Windows 8.1 (EFI) to my first SSD. Booted up and installed drivers, It is fully working.

2) Unplugged SSD1 plugged in SSD2 and installed OSX Mavericks 10.9.3 (recently upgraded to 10.9.4) using CLOVER and i installed the audio driver and everything else seems fine (still missing the clock fix and i get that rainbow snow using maps)

3) When i boot into the clover bootloader i am able to successfully boot into mac osx. and this works everytime. however none of the windows options allows me to boot into windows. please see the linked youtube video to see what options i have. (

) and the attached imgur for the partition setup i have... http://imgur.com/UGNvkGa

i feel like i'm really close to figuring this out but all the stuff i've read online don't really get into this.

at somepoint i know i can clear up all the drives by editing the file but now i'm not even able to successfully boot into windows using the bootloader.

thanks folks!

I understand that, I'm overclocked via BIOS. I just thought that adding that to config would reflect system wide. Everything shows 4.5GHz except for the About This Mac window (see above). Is this setting in config.plist supposed to affect the About This Mac window, or just System Profiler?

From this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/277704-overclocked-in-bios-but-about-this-mac-says-otherwise/

The Edge3000:

I don't know what utility you are using, but I would recommend a utility named SMC monitor (make sure you have latest FakeSMC.kext installed). This will tell you the true frequency in real time.

About this Mac has trouble on Sandy Bridge CPUs, so I just correct mine cosmetically using this in smbios.plist:

<key>SMmaximalclock</key>

<string>4200000</string>

System Information shows my CPU speed as 40.16 GHz and Geekbench reports my lowest multiplier, 1.6GHz, but SMC monitor shows (and the Geekbench score confirms) that I am indeed running at 4.2GHz.

One problem I haven't been able to figure out is that my multiplier seems to be alternating between 1.6GHz and 4.2GHz only. Chameleon is generating the P-States correctly (I can extract SSDT and they are there), but OS X doesn't seem to use the states in between.

Also, while this is the overclocking forum, you'd probably have better luck discussing this in one of the many threads on the topic in the general Lion forums.

Best of luck.

EDIT: Just read . You need to get a properly patched DSDT, as it will make your whole install much better. If you do not know how or what the DSDT is, then you have a lot of reading ahead of you. There are many good threads on this forum that will teach you the ways.

About this Mac has trouble on Sandy Bridge CPUs, so I just correct mine cosmetically using this in smbios.plist:SMmaximalclock

Is there a similar key I can add to my smbios in config.plist for clover? Since there is no smbios.plist…

first, there can be smbios.plist if you like, the clover will read it and overide clover settings with it, second, in config.plist you have smbios settings and you can put it in there, if i am not mistaken, or i get another face palm from slice.  :P

Hahahaha ok thanks man. I'll add it to my config.plist.

Actually, I've been clocked down to 4GHz since I started using Clover. I upped my clock back to 4.5GHz last night and I've been getting random system freezes ever since…. Didn't used to do that when I was using Chameleon.

Would Clover effect OC stability at all?

smbios.plist:SMmaximalclock == FrequencyMHz * 1000000

Are you saying these two methods will produce the same result?  Because my About This Mac window still doesn't show 4.5.  It shows 4.3 and I don't know why. 

Actually, I've been clocked down to 4GHz since I started using Clover. I upped my clock back to 4.5GHz last night and I've been getting random system freezes ever since…. Didn't used to do that when I was using Chameleon.

Would Clover effect OC stability at all?