Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I would imagine so.  I'm thinking about just cutting out my fourth monitor, I don't use it much anyways.  But I like having more than I need :)  LOL 

It's on Software Update. Or you can grab it from here.

Can you point out my mistake?  What am I doing wrong?  Following the directions explicitly as far as I can tell. 

784a7e9466.png

Davids-Mac-Pro:~ ADHDMedia$ cd /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery 
Davids-Mac-Pro:Recovery ADHDMedia$ sudo dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition / /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.dmg 0 0 /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.chunklist 
sudo: dmtest: command not found

Do I need to create a partition manually for the Recovery HD? 

Ok, let you know what happens :)  Thanks buddy

Getting somewhere now, but it looks like I'm still giving an incorrect command: 

Davids-Mac-Pro:Recovery ADHDMedia$ sudo ./dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition / /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.dmg 0 0 /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.chunklist 
dmtest - DiskManagement tester and Apple-internal utilities
Usage: dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition <LeafDisk>
       <PathToBaseSystem.dmg> <PathToBaseSystemChunkList|0>
       <PathToDiagnostics.dmg|0> <PathToDiagnosticsChunkList|0>
       <VerifyDMG 0|1> <RepairHost 0|1> <Bless 0|1>
This command shrinks the given volume-bearing leaf disk and creates a booter
partition in the space carved out of the physical storage space for the leaf
(whether simple-following-partition or following-CoreStorage-PV), or, if a
booter of sufficient size already exists, it re-uses that booter. It then
copies files to make that new partition an ImageBoot-bootable Mac OS X system
and optionally copies diagnostics. All options must be given. Give literally
0/1 for BOOLs. Give 0 for NULL input for a file. The given disk must be a
volume-bearing (leaf) disk (simple partition or complex CS); the given DMG
paths must be full-paths to appropriate content.
Davids-Mac-Pro:Recovery ADHDMedia$ 

I checked the script inside the recovery update. They've changed the syntax.

sudo ./dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition / /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.dmg /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.chunklist 0 0 0 0 0

This time I've tested it and it works!

Awesome! Gonna give it a shot right now.

Getting results now :)  But I still show an error at the end.  Any idea what that is?  

Davids-Mac-Pro:Recovery ADHDMedia$ sudo ./dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition / /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.dmg /Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.chunklist 0 0 0 0 0
Password:
Donor=disk0s2 OSX-Dmg=/Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.dmg OSX-CL=/Users/ADHDMedia/Desktop/Recovery/BaseSystem.chunklist DIAG-Dmg=(null) DIAG-CL=(null) DoVerifyImage=0 DoRepairDonor=0 DoBless=0
Creating recovery partition: async call initiate
Creating recovery partition: async call exit success; operation now in progress
->-[Local dmAsyncStartedForDisk:]: del callback: DADR=0x7ff293c0e8a0
<--[Local dmAsyncStartedForDisk:]
->-[Local dmAsyncProgressForDisk:barberPole:percent:]: del callback: DADR=0x7ff293c0e8a0=disk0s2 pole/pct=0/100.000000
<--[Local dmAsyncProgressForDisk:barberPole:percent:]
->-[Local dmAsyncFinishedForDisk:mainError:detailError:dictionary:]: del callback: DADR=0x7ff293c0edc0=disk0s2 errMain=-69819 errAux=0 infoDict=(null)
<--[Local dmAsyncFinishedForDisk:mainError:detailError:dictionary:]
Creating recovery partition: finished
Error (async): File system resize support required, such as HFS+ with Journaling enabled (-69819)

Have a look at your boot disk in Disk Utility. Under format does it say "Format : Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"

It sounds like it can't resize the disk because the disk isn't journaled which seems unlikely. I haven't seen that error before.

Maybe try running a verify disk and see if it needs to be repaired.

Well {censored}.  It says Format: Mac OS Extended, no (Journaled).  How in the hell does that happen lol I always choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) when partitioning...  

Is there any way to fix without wiping and reinstalling??

Lol don't mind me, I just clicked the button at top that said "enable journaling" and the terminal commands are working now, or so it seems. Let u know in a second.

Damn.  It's finding my volume to be 'corrupt' and in need of 'repair'.  Great.  It's a damn near new SSD.  Not gonna take up too much more of this thread, would you mind if I DM you?

Yes, it would be nice being able to use discrete as primary, but it seems it's not possible if you want to also use the IGPU, and it's most likely OSX's fault.

If you want video output through an onboard connector then you must set it as primary, no way around it apparently (is it the same on windows? no idea). But if you only want it for video acceleration you can keep it enabled as secondary and it works just fine.

And I also have a hybrid bios that when in UEFI mode cannot output HD resolutions through Clover (tried everything available), but it works perfectly fine in legacy with CloverEFI.

If you want video output through an onboard connector then you must set it as primary, no way around it apparently (is it the same on windows? no idea). But if you only want it for video acceleration you can keep it enabled as secondary and it works just fine.

And I also have a hybrid bios that when in UEFI mode cannot output HD resolutions through Clover (tried everything available), but it works perfectly fine in legacy with CloverEFI.

What do you mean, if you only want to use it for the acceleration?

@Slice you have an ATI HD 6670 right? I have this card on my XPS720 and I had everything working in Mountain Lion, including HDMI audio with this connectors patch:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ATIConnectorsController</key>
        <string>6000</string>
        <key>ATIConnectorsData</key>
        <string>000400000403000000010000210302040400000014020000000100000000040310000000100000000001000000000001</string>
        <key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key>

<string>040000001402000000010000000004040004000004030000000100001102010500000000000000000000000000000000</string>

using the Ipomoea Framebuffer. The exact same patch out of the Clover Instructions thread. 

I just upgraded to Mavericks and now it's detected as HD 6xxx and I have no audio. I tried the Lotus framebuffer, which gave me HDMI audio before, but that didn't work either. I've tried several framebuffers but they all have the same result.

Do I have to do anything else to get this to work in Mavericks?

What do you mean, if you only want to use it for the acceleration?

I mean video acceleration, like H264 playback. I can run tests on the HD3000 with OpenGL Extension Viewer so there's 3d acceleration too, though it's quite slow. If you have an AppleTV it should also enable AirPlay mirroring that's supposed to use Intel's QuickSync tech.

• Like 1

I mean video acceleration, like H264 playback. I can run tests on the HD3000 with OpenGL Extension Viewer so there's 3d acceleration too, though it's quite slow. If you have an AppleTV it should also enable AirPlay mirroring that's supposed to use Intel's QuickSync tech.

I knew this, but thank you for the suggestion. I unfortunately need the video output, though, so I better get used to the stretched boot menu. I seldom reboot anyway.

Changing subjects, a funny issue, and I'm open for suggestions to fix it: my magic mouse and/or BT keyboard used to be able to wake my computer up. Yesterday, after installing OS X on an external HDD and booting into it several times, using both Chameleon (using F12 and booting straight to the external HDD) and Clover UEFI (from my Yosemite partition but booting into the external HDD), I removed this external HDD and started my Yosemite disk. All seems to be fine, but this morning I noticed I can only wake the computer using the power switch. Not so much a big deal, but I'd like to 1) know why did it happen, since I did nothing to either my EFI folder or Yosemite configs and 2) be able, please, to wake my computer from either my mouse or keyboard if possible.

Is legacy boot not an option? For me it works better (proper resolution, fast graphics) and boots faster than UEFI in my rig since I disabled Clover's USB support (had a big delay because of my bluetooth dongle).

I switched to UEFI awhile back because of the long delay in Legacy boot (30-45 seconds) that I could never figure out.

I said f*ck it and got rid of a monitor, I can run three via my GTX650 and get the proper boot resolution and proper screen without the HD3000 in the mix. Still, would be interested to find a solution.

There are several possible culprits for the delay but USB is the usual one. Have you tried compiling your own Clover binaries without USB support? The keyboard will still work but you won't be able to access external disks or pointing devices. Another solution might be to install CloverEFI->BiosBlockIO, it's faster than the regular one in some systems.

I'll check it out when I get a chance. Happy for now - but I'm moving and setting up in a bigger offer space so I may just wanna hook the fourth screen back up. I have a 55" HDTV I use for Plex Home Theater, one 22" monitor horizontal and another 22" monitor next to it vertical, and then a 27" HDTV I was using to monitor FCPX in full screen. I'll probably end up adding the fourth screen back eventually.

So I posted a while back that my keyboard and trackpad weren't working and I read somewhere at SourceForge that Slice said there was a change of policy of disabling USBLegacy on newer releases of Clover? I rolled back to r2747 because it was last release that I can use the keyboard and trackpad with no problem. Can I enable USBLegacy on newer releases or is it no longer supported? 

And also is it possible to disable multiple kexts from a USB OS X boot installer if I have Clover? I get tired of deleting specific graphics kexts from the installer itself. I remember there used to be a kext that blacklisted certain kexts and I'm not sure if this is possible with Clover and newer versions of OS X.

2) be able, please, to wake my computer from either my mouse or keyboard if possible.

InjectClockID=false

So I posted a while back that my keyboard and trackpad weren't working and I read somewhere at SourceForge that Slice said there was a change of policy of disabling USBLegacy on newer releases of Clover? I rolled back to r2747 because it was last release that I can use the keyboard and trackpad with no problem. Can I enable USBLegacy on newer releases or is it no longer supported? 

And also is it possible to disable multiple kexts from a USB OS X boot installer if I have Clover? I get tired of deleting specific graphics kexts from the installer itself. I remember there used to be a kext that blacklisted certain kexts and I'm not sure if this is possible with Clover and newer versions of OS X.

BlockKext.png

Also. I finally got 2777 to boot… but what happened to the loading bar? And how do I get the black background back? Everyone wanted to fix the boot screen but I think it's ugly as {censored} in grey lol

@Slice you have an ATI HD 6670 right? I have this card on my XPS720 and I had everything working in Mountain Lion, including HDMI audio with this connectors patch:

<dict>
        <string>6000</string>
        <string>000400000403000000010000210302040400000014020000000100000000040310000000100000000001000000000001</string>

<string>040000001402000000010000000004040004000004030000000100001102010500000000000000000000000000000000</string>

using the Ipomoea Framebuffer. The exact same patch out of the Clover Instructions thread. 

I just upgraded to Mavericks and now it's detected as HD 6xxx and I have no audio. I tried the Lotus framebuffer, which gave me HDMI audio before, but that didn't work either. I've tried several framebuffers but they all have the same result.

Do I have to do anything else to get this to work in Mavericks?

No, I did nothing specific for Maverics. The config.plist works after upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9 and then Software Update up to 10.9.4.

My HD6670 still works.

<dict>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<false/>
		<string>6000</string>
		<string>000400000403000000010000120401050008000004020000000100001102040310000000100000000001000000000002</string>
		<string>040000000403000000010000100001061000000010000000000100000000000100080000040200000001000012040403</string>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<false/>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<false/>
		<key>FBName</key>
		<string>Ipomoea</string>
		<key>LoadVBios</key>
		<false/>
		<key>VideoPorts</key>
		<integer>3</integer>
		<key>PatchVBios</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

Found the new CustomLogo flag, got my boot screen back to black, but are we supposed to be missing the loading bar now?  Not that it really matters, just curious.

No we're not. Did you set it to false?

<key>CustomLogo</key>
<false/>

Also, did you remove the old flag?

<key>UseAlternateLogo</key>
<true/>

Also, can you boot this way (no loading bar, only logo)? Cause last time I've got this issue, I wasn't able to boot at all.