So I think I don't have SSE 3.

Informations matériel :

Nom de l’ordinateur :	jMac
 Modèle d’ordinateur :	ADP2,1
 Type de processeur :	Intel® Celeron® CPU
 Nombre de processeurs :	1
 Vitesse du processeur :	3.6 GHz
 Cache de niveau 2 (par processeur) :	256 Ko
 Caractéristiques du processeur :	FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST
 Mémoire :	1 Go
 Vitesse du bus :	533 MHz
 Version de la ROM de démarrage :	F1 (Award Software International, Inc.)

Ok work for me. AMD Venice SSE3

I have moved itunes 6,05 in different folder in the case I did not work and installed itunes 7. I have repaired the permissions and now I have two itunes working.

immagine1af2.jpg

Sorry for the quick topic.

I can't even run it in Rosesetta. But is there a solution to downgrade itunes back to 6.0.5 I have the .mpkg for 6.0.5 but when I go to install it, it wants to skip everything.

I really don't want to have to reinstall my hackintosh.

any chance i can get the itunes 6 dmg ?

I know sometimes when threads get this long it gets to be a complete {censored} about finding the information you want, but the trick is to read through them (or just scan through for details) and then mark the threads as read, that way when you come back to them you don't have to re-read the whole damned thing again.

Having said that, here are links that will help with some of the issues I just noted in the past few posts:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...441&st=140# <<<--- I got the "nothing to install" error and this is how I fixed it/got around it.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes605formac.html <<<--- Upper right side, the link for iTunes 6.0.5 in .dmg format (linkage was from posting #154 in this thread).

Hope this helps...

bb

I saw this on system information.

So I think I don't have SSE 3.

Informations matériel :

Nom de l’ordinateur :	jMac
 Modèle d’ordinateur :	ADP2,1
 Type de processeur :	Intel® Celeron® CPU
 Nombre de processeurs :	1
 Vitesse du processeur :	3.6 GHz
 Cache de niveau 2 (par processeur) :	256 Ko
 Caractéristiques du processeur :	FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST
 Mémoire :	1 Go
 Vitesse du bus :	533 MHz
 Version de la ROM de démarrage :	F1 (Award Software International, Inc.)

So, I took a look on the box and I have this :

Celeron D 331 2,66GHz 533 FSB 256KB L2 cache

Do you think I can install iTunes? Do you know if I have SSE 3?

Thanks!

So, I took a look on the box and I have this :

Celeron D 331 2,66GHz 533 FSB 256KB L2 cache

Do you think I can install iTunes? Do you know if I have SSE 3?

Thanks!

Geez, if it says SSE3 in the System Profiler, you can. How hard is that to see?

Isn't this thread supposed to be attemp to try make iTunes 7 to run on SSE2? Why do we have just people that does not care to read previous posts? I tried several things on SSE2, none of them worked.

Sorry, I was just trying to know if I can install iTunes 7 or not.

It's confusing because people said me if I have a Celeron D, I have SSE 3, but in the system profiler I can't see SSE 3. So I am doubting if I can install or not this soft.

Guest goodtime

I have a SSE2 laptop and a SSE3 desktop.

Even though you cannot "share" iTunes 7 songs with iTunes 6 Clients, it is still possible to play iTunes 7 AAC protected videos using iTunes 6 and Previous versions of Quicktime 7.

What most interesting, my iTunes 6 SSE2 laptop plays videos smoother and faster than my SSE3 desktop. My workflow goes like this:

I purchase TV Shows (Battlestar Galactica to be specific), from my SSE3 desktop. Using a Firewire 400 connection, I connect my SSE2 laptop to my desktop. I then open the Music folder over the Firewire network and double click on each song that I want to transfer to my iTunes 6 laptop. iTunes 6 adds these files automatically to my iTunes 6 Library on my Laptop. The firewire connection is super fast too.

Even if you cannot get iTunes 7 working on SSE2 laptops, you can still play your songs and movies in iTunes 6.0.5 and previous versions of Quicktime 7.1.2 or earlier.

Not being able to upgrade to iTunes 7 is a little inconvient, but at least Apple has not changed the encryption for iTunes 6 clients. This proves that Apple is not intentially blocking SSE2 Hacktinoshes or iTunes 6 Clients from playing their Music or Videos because the Media is backward compatible.

Thank the lords of Kobal.

Cheers,

GT

it runs in Rosetta, and to be quite honest, it's usable. :2cents:

ditto -arch ppc iTunes.app iTunesPPC.app

can't wait for a hack though. :2cents:

I do not have an option to "run using Rosetta" in the Get Info panel. Any ideas?

I'm running Jas 10.4.7 with all Software Update updates installed.

This is really wierd. I have a laptop (d600) and a desktop (dell 8400) both running SSE2. The laptop will not run itunes v7, but the desktop does. I thought that is you have the SSE2 kernel it should not work. The only real diferent between the 2 is the the desktop has a sapphire x1600xt card in it, using the borisbadenov method. Wonder if it all boils down to the graphics card, not SSE2 or SSE3.

This is really wierd. I have a laptop (d600) and a desktop (dell 8400) both running SSE2. The laptop will not run itunes v7, but the desktop does. I thought that is you have the SSE2 kernel it should not work. The only real diferent between the 2 is the the desktop has a sapphire x1600xt card in it, using the borisbadenov method. Wonder if it all boils down to the graphics card, not SSE2 or SSE3.

I don't have a spare graphics card to try this out but if anyone does, or wants to upgrade their current one could you please try this out?

Department27 does the desktop have QE and CI enabled? What about the laptop?

I don't have a spare graphics card to try this out but if anyone does, or wants to upgrade their current one could you please try this out?

Department27 does the desktop have QE and CI enabled? What about the laptop?

The desktop is fully supported. I have QE and CI, can change screen resolution as well. The laptop has an old radeon card with no QE or CI.

That is the only difference between both builds. Both are running 10.4.7, with semjeza decrypts, and latest updates.

The desktop is fully supported. I have QE and CI, can change screen resolution as well. The laptop has an old radeon card with no QE or CI.

That is the only difference between both builds. Both are running 10.4.7, with semjeza decrypts, and latest updates.

Well I'll try to get a new card then, it could take up to a week or longer but when I have in hand and installed I will give you guys my outcome. Hopefully this will fix the memory problem. If anyone else can also test this then please do so!

Just thought I'd throw my successful results in here...

SSE2 processor (Pentium M)

1280 MB RAM

Jas 10.4.6 DVD w/ SSE2 patches

Quicktime 7.0.4

ditto fix (ditto -arch ppc iTunes.app iTunesPPC.app) - see #44 in this thread

copied the binary from the PPC .app to the Universal .app - see #70 in this thread

Now for the caveats:

- My video card doesn't support Core Image, so I can't do the Cover Flippy Thing® (sorry, forgot what it's called)

- I haven't screwed around with the iTunes Store or videos or anything, just used it to listen to MP3s and stream songs from a friend's iTunes Library, so I make no guarantees as to whether the bells and whistles work.

So to recap...

I HAVE SSE2 AND IT WORKS FINE.

I didn't have to update QuickTime and it works fine.

I didn't have to mess with the Info.plist and it works fine.

G'luck all.

Just thought I'd throw my successful results in here...

SSE2 processor (Pentium M)

1280 MB RAM

Jas 10.4.6 DVD w/ SSE2 patches

Quicktime 7.0.4

ditto fix (ditto -arch ppc iTunes.app iTunesPPC.app) - see #44 in this thread

copied the binary from the PPC .app to the Universal .app - see #70 in this thread

Now for the caveats:

- My video card doesn't support Core Image, so I can't do the Cover Flippy Thing® (sorry, forgot what it's called)

- I haven't screwed around with the iTunes Store or videos or anything, just used it to listen to MP3s and stream songs from a friend's iTunes Library, so I make no guarantees as to whether the bells and whistles work.

So to recap...

I HAVE SSE2 AND IT WORKS FINE.

I didn't have to update QuickTime and it works fine.

I didn't have to mess with the Info.plist and it works fine.

G'luck all.

So you're using the PPC, right? So thererfore it doesn't really work fine...