iTunes 7 - Official Problem Thread

pro547

330 posts in this topic

After deleting all the reciepts and then reinstalling iTunes 6.0.5 I get a "application can not be opened (-50) error". Any ideas?

If you follow my posts you will see I had the same error and how I fixed it

uninstall itunes with appzapper and then install quicktime 7.1.3 then old itunes then update to new itunes.thats what fixed it for me.

If you follow my posts you will see I had the same error and how I fixed it

uninstall itunes with appzapper and then install quicktime 7.1.3 then old itunes then update to new itunes.thats what fixed it for me.

I've actually already tried that, and it still gave me a memory error. I was reffereing to getting iTunes 6.0.5 to work. I deleted the reciepts and then installed old iTunes and now old iTunes won't even start up. I'm sorry, I should have said which iTunes was not working.

EDIT:

After getting rid of everything with Appzapper I re-installed iTunes 6 and everything is working.

I've actually already tried that, and it still gave me a memory error. I was reffereing to getting iTunes 6.0.5 to work. I deleted the reciepts and then installed old iTunes and now old iTunes won't even start up. I'm sorry, I should have said which iTunes was not working.

Okay sorry,I'll just stop posting here because what seems to have worked for me only worked for me.

well I can't wait for someone to come up with a patched version, the ppc version is slower than hell on my computer (won't even keep up w/ my typing)

when I go into the album artwork view thing it says that "album covers cannot be browsed on this computer"

Not that anybody cares i'm really not a fan of the new look either

hey, i'm sorry people, i did a few things to the info.plist of iTunes 7 before i converted it to PPC, but didn't think about sharing that information.

<key>LSRequiresCarbon</key> <----probably not important

<false/>

<key>LSRequiresNativeExecution</key>

<false/>

changed true to false on the above, in the info.plist

might get rid of that "because it is not supported on this system" error

my apologies, busy day, distracted. :(

You have nothing to apologize for. That worked wonders so far. Also seems like the problem with the album artwork is just that it takes a long time to work (at least seemed that way in XP, so i assume the same in OS X. Will find out soon.

Thanks for your help :)

All went fine here. Clicked software update when I got home and it downloaded the new QT and iTunes. Rebooted and everything works fine including the album cover view (whatever it's called). I'm downloading a BSG episode to see the new 640x480 format but Apple's servers must be getting hammered as it shows 5hrs to complete. My pipe is over 5mb and Stevie promised 30 minutes for a movie, so...

Dell gx620, P4, GMA950, 10.4.7 JaS

for the people that want to go back to the older version of itunes after they tried using the ditto command and got the PPC version to work on your intel.

Good news. Your library isn't f***ed. ;)

If you go under your home folder ~/Music/iTunes/ there will be a folder called "Previous iTunes Libraries" with your "iTunes Music Library.xml" in it. Just move "iTunes Music Library.xml" back to your ~/Music/iTunes/ folder and double click it. That should bring back your iTunes Library back to its state before iTunes7 did the gapless thing.

Gonna wait a few until Apple actually posts FrontRow 1.3, which was removed rather quickly. Skimming through the other topics, even official Apple hardware are having a few issues.

Yup I installed it but the only issue I have is the trailer pic's are only Q's with ? .Trailers play fine