iTunes 7 - Official Problem Thread

pro547

330 posts in this topic

Download Itunes 7.0.4 installer from apple.com

then open terminal and type following

cd /Applications
ditto -arch ppc iTunes.app iTunesPPC.app

Then in finder, go to applications, rename iTunes.app to iTunesUniversal.app (or something) and rename iTunesPPC.app to iTunes.app. After that, right click on iTunes.app and Show Package Contents. Double click on Contents and open Info.plist with any decent text editor. Down towards the bottom you should see this key.

<key>LSRequiresNativeExecution</key>
<true/>

Change the <true/> to <false/>, and save the file.

This Method works fine for me i have sse2 Pentium 4 2.4ghz with HT

Hey guys any method to make Intel Pro Wireless Card 2200bg For Notebooks work on Mac Jas 10.4.7

if yes then please email me on rajprit007@gmail.com

This worked like a champ for me.

Intel Pentium M 1.7 gHz (SSE2)

Awsome it works for me, AMD Athlon 64 SSE....

.... actually it launch and crashed... and now doesn't want to boot.

the line <key>LSRequiresNativeExecution</key> had disapired

Awsome it works for me, AMD Athlon 64 SSE....

.... actually it launch and crashed... and now doesn't want to boot.

the line <key>LSRequiresNativeExecution</key> had disapired

The newest version of iTunes is out: 7.0.2, and no the universal app does not work on my computer. Man I thought that someone would have made a patch by now... I'm going to try the ditto trick...

This is really getting annoying. I guess I'll have to live with this unitl I buy my Macbook for when I start college.

I'm lost in the thread...

I have a P4 3.0Ghz SSE2 CPU. I managed to run the itunes v7 application by doing these steps:

1. updated QuickTime

2. created the thin ppc only binary for iTunes: ditto -arch ppc iTunes.app iTunesPPC.app

3. Edited to Info.pList inside the iTunesPPC.app/Contentes folder to allow non native execution

Still didn't work...

4. Renamed the original iTunes.app to iTunesUniversal.app and renamed the thin PPC version to iTunes.app et voila!

It is working (under rosetta of course)...

Sorry if someone has already posted the step 4 of my intructions...

This solution rocks man. It's working.

Here's my specs:

Computernavn: OSx86 Development Platform

Model: ADP2,1

CPU-type: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU

Number Of Cores: 2

CPU-hastighed: 3.6 GHz

L2-buffer (pr. CPU): 512 K

CPU-funktioner: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST

this is my experience...

i have a Semprom 2800 with SSE2, not SSE3

i did just the thing that earlier post have said...

1 - Go to /Applications and rename iTunes with iTunes2

2 - Install iTunes 7.

3 - Next go to Terminal and wrote:

cd /Applications
ditto -arch ppc iTunes.app iTunesPPC.app

4 - If you look your Applications folder, you must look 3 iTunes: iTunes (with the new blue icon), iTunes2 (with the green icon) and iTunesPPC (blue icon with a grey circle above)

5 - Right Click in iTunesPPC (blue icon with a grey circle above) and select "Show package content"

6 - There go to "Contents" and then "MacOS". You should see a file named iTunes. Copy it.

7 - Close that window. Go again to Applications and repeat steps 5 and 6 (except with the part that you copy the file) with the iTunes app (blue icon)

8 - In the MacOS folder, rename iTunes with iTunes-old and then Paste de iTunes file that you copied in step 6

9 - Close all windows and now you can run iTunes 7.0.1 from your dock

Hope it helps....

Any questions ?

Cool that sort of helped :construction: my itunes 7.01 launches, but once the interface loads, i get the endless spinning beachball. basically it hangs. but hey better than before! bleh i think im going to need to go back to v6, im on a SSE2 Athlon64 3000+

Hi All!

I've never had any problems RUNNING iTunes 7 since I first installed 7.0. I've downloaded the latest version 7.0.2 but I still suffer from PERFORMANCE issues and 'stuttering' audio. The audio does not play back clearly. It plays back so badly that I went back to iTunes 6.0.5 (I saved the old version).

On the same box, I'm running Window XP and OSx86 10.4.5. I've never had any problems with audio playback on the Windows version. I did have some image flickering on Cover Flow with Windows version on 7.0. Since I've upgraded to 7.0.2 Windows, it has eliminated the flickering.

Has anyone else experienced the 'stuttering' audio on 7.0 thru 7.0.2 on your OSx86 box?

--danyel :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi All!

I've never had any problems RUNNING iTunes 7 since I first installed 7.0. I've downloaded the latest version 7.0.2 but I still suffer from PERFORMANCE issues and 'stuttering' audio. The audio does not play back clearly. It plays back so badly that I went back to iTunes 6.0.5 (I saved the old version).

On the same box, I'm running Window XP and OSx86 10.4.5. I've never had any problems with audio playback on the Windows version. I did have some image flickering on Cover Flow with Windows version on 7.0. Since I've upgraded to 7.0.2 Windows, it has eliminated the flickering.

Has anyone else experienced the 'stuttering' audio on 7.0 thru 7.0.2 on your OSx86 box?

--danyel :hysterical:

Hi, your machines might be slower than any Apple hardware, especially if your hardware is limited to SSE2.

My .$02 ...

I have the JAS 10.4.7 installed on a Compaq D530 small form factor PC (2.4GHZ).

Itunes 7.0.1 worked right out of the install, no changes needed. I did update via Apple to 7.0.2, that's when the fun started. Got the typical can't start due to memory error. Using appzapp, I removed Itunes 7.0.2, rebooted and reinstalled 7.0.1 but had no luck.

Ok, it was actually 6.0.2, from the 10.4.7 DVD. My bad :)

During the Apple upgrade, I also took the JRE and QuickTime updates.

No matter what I did, I could not get past the Itunes error. This tells me something else on the filesystem changed. I've reformatted and reinstalled 10.4.7 and it's now working again.

For the life of me I cannot figure this out, then again, I am a PC guy :(

For those asking, I located Itunes versions all the way back to V1.1 on http://www.oldapps.com

Hope this minor contribution helps. :angel:

I updated to latest Semthex using Praxys script and iTunes failed to work - same memory error.

I just removed iTunes App and Receipts and installed iTunes 6.0.5 after that did software update and iTunes works again

So you have iTunes 7 working now? Are you on SSE2 or SSE3?

"Latest Semthex kernel" = SSE3

"Software Update" = Used Apple´s Software Update....

For some reasons when I installed a new kernel or new update (i.e. from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 for example..) some of the software installed broke and I ended up re-install the software affected...

I did try the "PPC approach" but it still gave "Out Of Memory" error...

I have another SSE2 machine, I might try that to see what happened ( it uses AC97 kext and has 5.1 so I prefer to use that when I want to play movies/music)...

Ok here we go....

to fix the itunes problem

1. update your quicktime to the newest version

2. update itunes to the newest version

3. open terminal "cd /applications/"

4. type "ditto -arch ppc iTunes.app iTunesPPC.app" (thanks to who ever posted this)

5. close terminal

6. goto your applications directory

7. you will have a app in there named iTunesPPC.app

8. Right click, show package contents

9. goto the Contents/MacOS/

10. copy the file in there "iTunes"

11. go back to the applications folder

12. Right click on the app named iTunes.app

13. Show Package Contents

14. Browse to Contents/MacOS/

15. Paste the file you have copied overwriting the one in there

16. Go back to applications directory and delete iTunesPPC.app

iTunes NOW WORKS!!!!

Like I said thanks to all who helped!

Ok here we go....

to fix the itunes problem

[...]

iTunes NOW WORKS!!!!

Like I said thanks to all who helped!

Yeah, but this isn't really a solution. It is entirely too slow to run under Rosetta on my computer. Some of those with 3ghz processors and 1 gig+ ram might be able to get away with it, but on my 1.6ghz Pentium-M this is a no go.