What wireless cards would you like to see fixed?

Franzy

368 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, is there a list of existing compatible cards out there?

I'd love to see the Intel 2915ABG card working, but I'm considering a generic Atheros AR5006XS (AR5414 chipset) card to get SuperG compatibility (in addition to the extended range I've heard about and better battery life) on my Dell Latitude C640. I'm pretty sure the Atheros chip is compatible (after all, the Macbook Pros use an Atheros AR5008), I'm sure there are Broadcom chips compatible too (since the iMac uses Broadcom wireless), but I'd love to see a full compatibility list.

EDIT: My Atheros AR5006XS card arrived. I'll be testing it in the next 24 hours with a new JaS 10.4.8 install.

Why do u guys keep on naming different network cards?? There is no point. Its not as if, the more u write, the bigger chance it will get fixed. What was the point of this topic any way? It gives me false hope.

Why do u guys keep on naming different network cards?? There is no point. Its not as if, the more u write, the bigger chance it will get fixed. What was the point of this topic any way? It gives me false hope.

I think IF the driver already exist (Universal) for it, then it will be "integrated" into the DVD disc. If the driver exists, but only for PPC CPUs then it won't work. I don't think anyone will be able to port (without source code/eadinness) PPC code to X86 code, if an NDIS emulator(wrapper) was created then that might solve the problem.

One thing I don't understand is why there is driver in KisMac (that works) for the Prism2, yet there are no regular Prism2 driver, can someone extract the KisMac driver for Prism2?

Intel 2915ABG! :)

Btw, is the 2915 the same as 2200 or something?

They are EXTREMELY similar even using the same driver under both windows and OSX. Even physically they are nearly identicle. You can hack the eeprom of the 2915 to make the computer think its a 2200 and the drivers will work (without 802.11a support of course)

I'd love to see the Intel 2915ABG card working, but I'm considering a generic Atheros AR5006XS (AR5414 chipset) card to get SuperG compatibility ......

Im posting this reply from my 2915abg in OSX....