What wireless cards would you like to see fixed?

Franzy

368 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm completely clueless. I know 4965AGN doesn't work on 10.5 yet. But does it work on 10.4? If so, which distro is recommended? (ToH, Kalyway?)

I have a ThinkPad R61. I'd happily run any OSX version if Wireless and Sound (I have Conexant Venice 5045 sound) worked.

thanks,

liebezeit

Dell Latitude D620 working fine with 10.5.1 Kalyway but 3945ABG Intel not working

Trendnet TEW-421PC Cardbus not working

Wireless USB adapter LinkSys WUSB54GC not working

Wireless USB adapter trendnet TEW-42UB not working

DLink Gigabit Cardbus DGE-660TD not working

Thanks for all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart
Atheros 5007EG, all of us cant make this thing work so please please make this work.

That just isn't true, I have rebranded this card and after the rebrand it works flawlessly, problem is most are too newbie to perform the task and want a solution that they can make work with the limited knowledge they have and that just isn't going to work.

Therein lies the issue, if you get it working with edits the card is unstable, drops connections, stops responding and a list of other issues.

The only acceptable solution is to rebrand the card, if you don't know what this means it means to change the subsystem ID's on the card and then the edited kexts will work properly, yes, if the card does not have 168c,001c as Vendor/Product ID you still need to edit the kexts but the subsystem Vendor/Product ID's (106b,004e) make it work properly.

RTL8187 please
This already works with little work required so should be an easy include as well as the RTL8185 and RTL8187B.