What wireless cards would you like to see fixed?

Franzy

368 posts in this topic

Absolutly we need Realtek 8187b

That just isn't true, I have rebranded this card and after the rebrand it works flawlessly, problem is most are too newbie to perform the task and want a solution that they can make work with the limited knowledge they have and that just isn't going to work.

Therein lies the issue, if you get it working with edits the card is unstable, drops connections, stops responding and a list of other issues.

The only acceptable solution is to rebrand the card, if you don't know what this means it means to change the subsystem ID's on the card and then the edited kexts will work properly, yes, if the card does not have 168c,001c as Vendor/Product ID you still need to edit the kexts but the subsystem Vendor/Product ID's (106b,004e) make it work properly.

This already works with little work required so should be an easy include as well as the RTL8185 and RTL8187B.

Not sure, I try a lot of things, but anyone works. Give me the way that you do to work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

belkin pren desktop card it should be partly done because the pci-pcima kext seem already done it's just the card which is just the pre laptop card and there alredy is linux drivers just ready to port

regards if you help

• 3 weeks later...