What wireless cards would you like to see fixed?

Franzy

368 posts in this topic

the intel 3945abg is probably the most common card in laptops that needs drivers.  I've been researching for days every single topic that has any help with this card, but none in the last three years have been any help to me at all.  I gave up on it a couple hours ago, when I realized that my dwa-160 usb adapter has mac drivers on the d-link website, hoping that will work...

The intel 3945abg def. needs to be done the most though, i'd be super pumped if it was done. :D

Hi,

+1 for the Atheros AR5B91

I really need this driver for my new Asus EEE 1000HE. I know there is a driver for Linux. I hope someone will port it to OSX soon. I think some owner of the MSI Wind 120 have the same wireless card.

Thanks

Bob

+2 on that one... just bought myself the 1000HE and it seems (haven't tried myself yet - waiting for wifi) like I can get everything to work on it except for wifi.

Would be highly appreciated..

+3 for the Atheros AR5B91 .

It would be great if somebody could make me and a lots of other people happy. PLEASE make a Driver for the AR5B91 (sometimes known as AR5009).

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey

I'm working on the wireless for the new 10.4.7 install dvd. I started this topic to get an idea which are the most needed and wanted cards so they may be included in the dvd. Be sure to list any cards you think are the most important, even if there is a fix or not. This is purely an open opinion thread to get an idea of the most popular cards.

Here's my current list

dell 1300, 1350, 1400, 1450

intel (if my plan for the intel cards works)

linksys

belkin

seeing as how the entire set of intel cards are popular as it is, if i do get 1 card to work i would definitely try for the entire series. Linksys cards i'm not too familar on the specific models, let alone the less popular 1s (if any).

When you list your card, please list whether or not it is supported. If you know a fix for it, please leave an explanation/attachment of driver/link to thread where it was fixed.

Thanks,

Franzy

Hi,

I have the Dell Studio 1555 which has Dell Wireless 1397 Mini WLAN card. I have no idea how to install or even edit a KEXT file if one exists. I am running the Kalyway 10.5.2. distribution of OS-X.

Any help would be appreciated

Respectfully

Mark Downing

• 2 weeks later...