The "Explain your nickname" thread

Swad

266 posts in this topic

Isn't it obvious? I love Apple. I have been called a fanboi and a macfag, but I don't care. I love to show my allegiance to Apple. Only reason I got into OSx86 is because of parents who wouldn't let me take my laptop to school.

Avatar, made by [insert name of guy who made it] and resized by Carth of Lyoko Freak, is of the Eye of XANA from Code: Lyoko.

• 1 month later...

Hmm well if you speak latin and russian you got my name already LOL, in the 80's the soviet space station mir went up into space (I was living in western germany at the time, but I'm an Ami like the germans like to say) and well when you live on the front line of the cold war all you can dream of is a world in peace, I saw that and I coined the word terramir terra is latin for earth and mir is russian for peace at least at the time I didn't know the other meaning which is world. Other interesting fact mir in german is me so from a sub conscious level you could pick that apart and say I was suffering from delusions of grandure. world me LOL well I was a smart teen and the irony of that was not totally lost on my, well even teens tend to be ego centric.

So My handle means world peace, and well I always wanted to increase the peace like the angelenos say (I live in los angeles today) so that's that

always the one and only :(

terramir

Accept no imitations :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi :censored2:

So I don't know if any of you guys have ever played Diablo 2, but there is this level called "travical"

When I had an urgent need of a nickname travikk came up to my mind just like that, while I was playing Diablo 2.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My cousin inspired me to come up with this name...he calls himself the soul of wisedom , so i thought i'd come up with somthing better and thus the Heart OF Chaos was born.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anybody have a clue what this guy is saying? because I don't.

Whenever you see something like that, click the big, red REPORT button.

Gringo Vermelho was a nickname given to me buy some dude working at the McDunas :P Burger in the small beach town Dunas de Itaúnas in Espirito Santo on the Brazilian east coast.
I was waiting, sitting with my back to him, all sunburnt-red like a lobster and wearing a red T-shirt (Vermelho means red in Portuguese).
When my burger was done that's how he got my attention.

McDunas.jpg

• 10 months later...

It all began with D.A.'s Freelancer (what a great game). I got into the modding community at The Lancers Reactor and also into the fanfiction stuff. If you go to that website and take a look at the fanficion section you'll find a story by me (yet to be finished). It's main character which also sometimes acts as my alter ego ( xD ) is called Jonathan Drake, who has the Rank of Lordadmiral (which I took from Atlan of the Perry Rhodan series because I needed something higher than Fleet Admiral). I've been using this nickname ever since everywhere around the web.

• 4 months later...

My nickname came to be after I bought a 'strawberry' iMac G3 for $20 from a student at my place of study and rode home with it on the bus. :P

The model had a PowerPC processor of 333mhz. A cute ol' machine. To elaborate further, I adore the iMac G3 and iBook Clamshells.

• 2 weeks later...

My nickname stems from my please of being an anon on the Internet. Not for any legal reasons but the Internet can cause utter madness in people which I've seen countless times so I just sit from the confines of my keyboard and mouse, smile, and watch.

No I'm not crazy, I'm just well aware of what the Internet can do.

:D

For me:

Pooky: my nickname from my dad when I was little :)

Mac: it's the computer platform I work on all day and love :P

Man: I am a man (male, whatever) :D

Thus the nick is born: PookyMacMan! :trumpet:

• 2 weeks later...