1,156 posts in this topic

Thanks for the red thermometer.  There's a typo in the menu.  It says "thermotmeter".  I hope you will continue to explore the possibility of having an option for different menu icon sets.

Hi everybody,

Thanks Kozlek, for your great and very useful work.

I use the last version 6.0.1164, on my 10.9.2 hackintosh server.

I have tested different SMBIOS from MacPro 3,1 to iMac 14,2 and concerning CPU : multiplier gives only 2 steps (X8 or X36) in the same time the frequency vary from less than 1Ghz to 3,59Ghz (with many different values).

Is it a normal behavior ?

If it's not the case, what can I do to obtain right value ? The main objective is to know if PState and CState are  well managed !

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply All@n

I will take a look to linked topics, but at first, as written in numerous topics and websites, I was thinking I didn't need a SSDT with my hardware.

I keep you informed.

I have followed your topic to make my SSDT, i have also patched the kernel, then modified the Boot.plist by adding -xcpm to boot flag, unchecked P and C State and dropped SSDT.
Just one error message at the first step, after running the script ./ssdtPRGen.sh :
 Warning: 'system-type' may be set improperly (1 instead of 0).
No more message after changing my SMBios and run the script once again.

By the way, my hackserver has restarted without any problem, but I have failed to verify CState by using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.
Your terminal command : chown -R root:wheel /Users/youuser/Downloads/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext said "...Operation not permitted..."
I have tried to use Kext Wizard to load the Kext but KP !
I think I'm not able to modify and compile this Kext !
Is it another way to proceed ? 
Thanks for your help.

To complete my case, I have taken a look for  X86PlatformPlugin, ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin,AppleLPC kexts, and I haven't found exactly the same.

This what I have found : com.evosx86.driver.lspcidrv, com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors.

My install was made with MyHack is it the reason of this missing Kext ?

I have followed your topic to make my SSDT, i have also patched the kernel, then modified the Boot.plist by adding -xcpm to boot flag, unchecked P and C State and dropped SSDT.
Just one error message at the first step, after running the script ./ssdtPRGen.sh :
 Warning: 'system-type' may be set improperly (1 instead of 0).
No more message after changing my SMBios and run the script once again.

By the way, my hackserver has restarted without any problem, but I have failed to verify CState by using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.
Your terminal command : chown -R root:wheel /Users/youuser/Downloads/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext said "...Operation not permitted..."

About restart problem, maybe be an issue with CMOS. AppleRTC patch (CMOS reset after sleep/wake)

and upon the command, tried to change the username? /Users/youuser/Downloads.

My install was made with MyHack is it the reason of this missing Kext ? 

Maybe yes.

So it is good use, Retaill not Distro. 

Thanks for your answer All@n.

and upon the command, tried to change the username? /Users/youuser/Downloads.

Of course I have replaced youuser with my username !

So now I'm hoping an update of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext...

May be I will try an install with vanilla method in place of MyHack...

Whenever I install a new version of FakeSMC.kext, my Console gets spammed with messages because it does not contain some keys that my laptop uses.  I have the HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO.  The keys are pretty common and it would be good if they could be added to the FakeSMC Info.plist so that they don't need to be manually added with every update.  Here are the keys/code that I need to manually add:

<key>F0Ac</key>
					<array>
						<string>fpe2</string>
						<data>
						Hz0=
						</data>
					</array>
					<key>F0Mn</key>
					<array>
						<string>fpe2</string>
						<data>
						H0A=
						</data>
					</array>
					<key>F1Ac</key>
					<array>
						<string>fpe2</string>
						<data>
						B9E=
						</data>
					</array>
					<key>F1Mn</key>
					<array>
						<string>fpe2</string>
						<data>
						B9A=
						</data>
					</array> 

and also this one:

<key>TG0P</key>
					<array>
						<string>sp78</string>
						<data>
						Ag==
						</data>
					</array>

Thanks for considering this request.

Hello, I have a problem with readings v-core and motherboard parameters. My v-core is always stay on 0.888v but that is adaptive core and need to be between 0.07v and 1.18v with AVX 2 max 1.265v. second problem is motherboard readings for DDR memory and 12v, 5v .... I will link a picture to see what Im talking about. I tried many different versions of hwsensors for Asus Gryphon, but every time I got same result. if someone can give me link to proper hwsensors, that will be nice :)

P.S I found on couple places for Nuvoton NCT6791D sensors and it seems that kozlek brach support it, but as you can see on my picture that is not case.

post-1080457-0-23981400-1396029389_thumb.png

Why fans and stuff doesn't change as I modify LPCSensors.kext's info.plist? In old versions when I deleted for example FANIN2 from IT8720F (I have IT8718F and the kext loads IT8720F values, but FANIN2 is not present on my main board so fan3 always empty) then fan3 disappeared from HWmonitor app (and from other temp checking apps too). But now when I modify anything in that info.plist, nothing changes in HWmonitor app (and in temp checking apps).

Why is this happening? Is it normal?

edit: it changes as I modify the "Default" section in the info.plist. So the IT8718F isn't using the IT8720F elements as it configured in the info.plist. This looks like some kind of bug.

can SMC keys be stored in smbios.plist? it would make sense since every mac model has different keys specific to that smbios also with every update of fakesmc the info plist has  to be re keyed.

toleda have you tried using the new bundle it's at 6.3.1211 as of this post, replacing your existing fakesmc and plugins with the new ones.

toleda have you tried using the new bundle it's at 6.3.1211 as of this post, replacing your existing fakesmc and plugins with the new ones.

Yes. An update, GPU Die temp is working, no freqs.  Suggestions?

Console:

4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	[AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor1002Device683f
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	AGPM: GPU = PEGP Initialized, Control ID 17
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	** GPU Hardware VM is enabled (multispace: enabled, page table updates with DMA: enabled)
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): found ATI Radeon ID: 0x683f, ATOM BIOS: E231
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): using device-id to resolve temperature sensor type
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): adding Southern Islands thermal sensor
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): started

Yes. An update, GPU Die temp is working, no freqs.  Suggestions?

Console:

4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	[AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor1002Device683f
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	AGPM: GPU = PEGP Initialized, Control ID 17
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	** GPU Hardware VM is enabled (multispace: enabled, page table updates with DMA: enabled)
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): found ATI Radeon ID: 0x683f, ATOM BIOS: E231
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): using device-id to resolve temperature sensor type
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): adding Southern Islands thermal sensor
4/4/14 5:46:35.000 PM	kernel[0]	RadeonSensors (pci1): started

Temperature is all you'll get from ATI (AMD) graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

I now keep FakeSMC in my Clover/Kexts/10.9 Folder in my EFI partition.  It would be great if there was an option to select where FakeSMC.kext is installed in the HWSensors installer.

I updated from 5.3.901 to 6.8.1307 and noticed that HWMonitor seems to be displaying the wrong GPU Memory value for my GTX 670.

Previously it showed 162MHz at idle (the same as in Windows with GPU-Z) but now it shows 648MHz.