1,156 posts in this topic

Q: I have Nvidia GT 440 card / OS X 10.8.4. No freeze problem, OpenGL runs well.

HWMonitor (with Fakesmc, GPUSensor) works until i start some OpenGL task (like bench, windowed, which puts much load on the gpu) the screen gets white and pc stalls. No kp.

I tested newer and older versions - same happens. 

Can it be that the timing of reading out the gpu sensors makes trouble (interacts with OpengL tasks)?

I'm running on my sig config, and with the last two HWSensors versions, i can't get to the boot screen, i'm using .678 now and i't all running great.

I get this in verbose on the latest HWSensors : 7/30/13 7:34:16.000 PM kernel[0]: FakeSMC: [Fatal] forbidding start on Apple hardware

Updated to .755 and still got this. So I took a look on github. You need to boot with -fakesmc-force-start in these newer builds. Perhaps it's just a testing phase and soon we can go back to booting normally.

Hi, Kozlek,

Yesterday I tested the change from commit 44fca66e39d745b53141fa7fc860f1e3e6743b1e to see if it works for my board, Gigabyte H77N-WiFi (which is basicly the twin brother of Z77N-WiFi, regarding the chipset) and it works. May I ask you to add a copy of the same profile to the same file, but named "H77N-WIFI"? Thanks in advance.

Important information.

For non-Clover bootloaders, we must use the key -fakesmc-force-start at KernelFlags or boot-args with the last versions of HWSensors 5.2.755 and higher

What boot loader are you using?  I'm using Chameleon svn-r2255 and I don't have to use that flag and latest FakeSMC built from sources (from my repo, but in this regard it should be identical).  That flag is only if firmware vendor is detected as Apple.

• Like 1

What boot loader are you using?  I'm using Chameleon svn-r2255 and I don't have to use that flag and latest FakeSMC built from sources (from my repo, but in this regard it should be identical).  That flag is only if firmware vendor is detected as Apple.

I have that problem only with bareBoot and XPC and only with the last version of HWSensors. I checked it. With Clover that's ok. XPC and bareBoot damand this special key.

There is good that Chameleon works without that key as well as Clover.

Built latest sources, kexts don't seem to be loading properly due to signatures and/or versioning?

Aug 11 16:28:19 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC error - CFBundleVersion bad value ''.
Aug 11 16:28:19 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors error - CFBundleVersion bad value ''.
Aug 11 16:28:19 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors error - CFBundleVersion bad value ''.
Aug 11 16:28:19 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors error - CFBundleVersion bad value ''.

and because of that:

Aug 11 16:26:27 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't load FakeSMC.kext - validation problems.
Aug 11 16:26:27 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Load org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC failed; removing personalities from kernel.
Aug 11 16:26:27 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't load CPUSensors.kext - validation problems.
Aug 11 16:26:27 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Load org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors failed; removing personalities from kernel.
Aug 11 16:26:27 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't load LPCSensors.kext - validation problems.
Aug 11 16:26:27 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Load org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors failed; removing personalities from kernel.

Aug 11 16:26:28 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't create kext: invalid CFBundleVersion in identifier cache entry entry 175.
Aug 11 16:26:28 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't create kext: invalid CFBundleVersion in identifier cache entry entry 176.
Aug 11 16:26:28 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't create kext: invalid CFBundleVersion in identifier cache entry entry 177.
Aug 11 16:26:28 Dmitrys-MacBook-Air.local com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't create kext: invalid CFBundleVersion in identifier cache entry entry 178.

Built latest sources, kexts don't seem to be loading properly due to signatures and/or versioning?

Is this under Xcode 4? Just curious. Under Xcode 5 at least, it won't build saying version.h is not to be found, but after looking, I see that Scripts/PreBuild.sh creates this file - the script should've been run by Xcode as part of the build process but does not for some reason - but it also sets the version number that is later inserted into the plists.

I did this before building in XCode (svnversion always returns "Unversioned directory" for me):

/usr/bin/sed -i '' 's/sc_revision=$(svnversion)/sc_revision="exported"/' Scripts/PreBuild.sh
sh Scripts/PreBuild.sh
and I got this in the resulting Info.plist inside FakeSMC.kext:

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>761</string>
which looks right to me since the FakeSMC.kext (installed from the official installer) inside my /S/L/E has a CFBundleVersion of 755

There is no "GPU" HD4600. There is CPU.

Aida shows GT Core temp, so there's obviously some kind of GPU temperature even though it may not necessarily be a GPU as we assume it.

Sensors do show Graphics package wattage, so I presume there is also a register where temp for it is stored. This is a wild guess from the top of my head ofc, but this is as logical as it gets.

I have xeon e1230v2,hd5770 and ga b75m d3h and latest version of hwmonitor installed.

1)pch die always show 73 celsius and never change.

2)What cpu frequency graph shows is little bit different from what intel's power gadget shows.

3)Boot process is little slow with this version 5.2.755.

Just reporting a few things.

Thanks

hello

755 it stop with ioaccelerator for the gpu sensor..

still waiting for ioaccelerator

2 lines message

and then start

without any problems

first time i see this msg

i'm using Clover to boot

good hack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi kozlek,

I'm getting flooded by following erros in console. Using HWSensors.5.2.655 version. Is It FakeSMC related ? My specs in signature.

Thanks,

PiSToL

Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR: failed on index 994
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR: failed on index 995
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR: failed on index 996
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR: failed on index 997
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR: failed on index 998
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR: failed on index 999
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F0Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800fd30000
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F0Mx kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800fd30000
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F1Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800fd30000
Sep 17 12:35:55 Mac-Pro-de-Pistol kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F1Mx kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800fd30000

My card info - 

ATI Radeon HD 550v:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 550v

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9480

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

Dell Internal LCD:

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

On system log got -  localhost kernel[0]: RadeonSensors: still waiting for IOAccelerator to start...

If I open HWMonitor occurs kernel panic :( . What can I do?

Can someone tell me what ACPISensors.kext is for? Because it's not loaded up on my system (kernelcache said some dependency error and excluded it from that, also system profiler shows that ACPISensors.kext not loaded), and everything (fans,temps,clocks) shows up nicely in both HWmonitor and in iStat widget.

• Like 1