259 replies to this topic

igul222

igul222

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
wow, great stories guys...

mine is somewhat less interesting. i was thinking of a good nick, when my sister bribed me $10 to choose something really crappy and stick with it. i took the money, and I'm not altogether dissatisfied with it. (ok, never mind the last bit)

meistersinger

meistersinger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I hold a B.A. in Music History. I am also an opera lover and a singer (People consider me to be a lyric tenor). One of my favorite operas is Richard Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nuernburg. (Hint to those that are not familiar with opera, especially German Opera: Die Meistersinger is probably Wagner's sunniest and most accessible opera. I'd see that before tackling any of the later operas like his Ring cycle, Tristan und Isolde, and Parsifal). The main character in the opera, the cobbler Hans Sachs, did actually exist in Nuernburg back in the 15th century and was a Master Singer (meistersinger). In my BBS days, everyone and his brother had a similar nickname. I decided to be different (hey, we're all Macheads around here, RIGHT?) and used meistersinger ever since.

Tick-Tock

Tick-Tock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I picked mine because it's unique as a name, but if you Google it you'll never find me in there. :P Well, that's more of an added benefit, the real reason this is my name everywhere is that 1) I like time, I think it's fascinating and all that, and 2) It loosely fits my avatar, which I use everywhere as well. :P. 3, it's also loosely based on a character from Stephen King's The Dark Tower, but it's kind of lost that meaning over time.

eject

eject

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
i choose mine because of google

it could also be monitor or drive or html
with google you have been able to find out relly much about me when typing in my old nick.
try this with eject, you will get millions of worthless results

macusr

macusr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Musica, Escrito, Dibujo, y Mac
Mine = self explanatory. I'm a Mac usr :)

meeyotch

meeyotch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
my real name is mitch. my nickname is meeyotch.

Hook 2 and 2 together :help:

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
Posted Image

+
Posted Image

=

Stellarola :)

rob356

rob356

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
once upon a time I created an account on a hugely popular site, all names where taken. I gave up and chose one of the computer generated names, and it has stuck all these years.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts

Posted Image

+
Posted Image

=

Stellarola :censored2:

That is a nice one. I believed that your nick was Italian, somehow. The Italian meaning would be: "little star" (well, approximately).

once upon a time I created an account on a hugely popular site, all names where taken. I gave up and chose one of the computer generated names, and it has stuck all these years.

That explains everything! I believed that your name was Robert, but I couldn't figure out the meaning of 356!

Special-K

Special-K

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Music, Art, and Movies
I was hanging out one time with my boy Pillsbury (I gave him that nickname cause he was rather chubby and did the greatest impression of the doughboy ever), and we were looking for something to smoke out of. His brother hid all the good stuff and he just broke his homemade teddy bong (It was one of those teddy-bear shaped honey jars made out of plastic) so we're scrambling around and I see his bedlight (nightlight for some) and I'm like 'Pills, bedlight, catch!' To which he looks up and gets smacked in the face. Took us like 15mins to convert it but it was the second greatest homemade we used. Other than Uncle Lockjaw (A copper pipe turned bowl when I was in Plumbing). After that it just stuck cause I found it and figured out how to convert it.

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Your moma.
I have a Obsession with Apple, and there solgan is "Think Different", and since my name is Mark, i like Think Mark as my name. besides it much better than my first though...mArk15..... what a sh* name.....

Think Mark

(MoC)

(MoC)

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Interests:Plenty.
Self Explanatory!

I just like how it sounds (there are nerdier people out there!) :wacko:

Proud Bajan

Proud Bajan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
in the caribbean, im a music producer who got the name spike stuck on me bcos of my hardcore rap style like dmx. somehow i usta handle my business very serious like john gotti, no screwups, always on time and always go by rules, thats when spikegotti was born. now i just do my own thing at www.kadriwalcottonline.com

im focusing more on my own music now, no more rap but i still claim my old nick.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
p-c-w-i-z

PC stands for Personal Computer. Wiz stands for Wizard. So Compy Wizard is what it means. I was cruising Windows 95 at the age of 4 :(

Bedok

Bedok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I hate clowns. So, one summer I just went berserk and killed all the clowns in my hometown. After 3 kills, I was on the front page of the papers. The press gave me a nick "Bedok - The Clown Killer". The local police started to get FBI involved and I tried to hide away, but I like the nick so I use it. I dont think they will expect the real killer to use the nick anyway.

Edit : I dont remember.

hecker

hecker

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

I hate clowns. So, one summer I just went berserk and killed all the clowns in my hometown. After 3 kills, I was on the front page of the papers. The press gave me a nick "Bedok - The Clown Killer". The local police started to get FBI involved and I tried to hide away, but I like the nick so I use it. I dont think they will expect the real killer to use the nick anyway.

Edit : I dont remember.

I disagree. I want to believe that the story is real!

Proud Bajan

Proud Bajan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
lol thank goodness i dont live around you dude, i love to wear my puffy nose sometimes lol :)

VenturAce

VenturAce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Well, mine is VenturAce. It was a spantaneous decision to take this nik for InsanelyMac. Actually, my favourate comedy actor is Jimm Carrey. I guess you all remember his Ace Ventura. I thought that AceVentura nik will be too simole so I just decided to turn over it! :D

michaelOSX

michaelOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
My story is simple (I like simple things... :( )

My first name combined with my favorite OS - michaelOSX.

Dermatea

Dermatea

InsanelyMac S-Class Protg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
My name comes from dermate (pronounced "der-mah-tay"), a word that I made up a long time ago as a code for easy-to-remember passwords. But it doesn't really sound like a name, so I added an "a" to make it Dermatea (der-mah-tay-ah). It reminds me of a certain series I watched with a memorable character named Galatea. I thought it was a really nice, original name, but it turns out it is used to classify a certain species of fungi i.e. Dermatea livida. Go figure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy