[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Robasefr, can you confirm this Asus U3S6 working well with the ga-ex58-ud5?

I have a Fusion Drive setup right now with the SSD connected to the 3GB/s ports on the ga-ex58-ud5, would like a little speed boost :D

PS: Do you know if the USB 3.0 ports also work with this card (if you give OS X the right drivers ofcourse... although now that macs support USB 3.0 natively...)

PPS: Already did a bit of research... seems that SSD's attached to this card can't be a boot drive... can you confirm that?

Hi guys,

thanks to some holiday time i've upgraded my hackintosh to ML 10.8.2, with a new GTX 560 Ti card (my old GTS 250 was really obsolete!)

Thanks to DD for his wonderful work and for all advices i've found on this forum.

It's all working very well, i've spent some time for a [PCI configuration begin ] hang at startup, resolved adding a npci=0x3000 to Kernel Flag.

Only a last trouble to make it perfect: at shutdown the Pc remain ON, does not power off completely. I need to hold the power button for 4 sec.

Someone has seen and resolved this issue ?

And ... some advice to improve my hw configuration ?

Thanks !

MB: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P

CPU: INTEL 920 i7 Stepping Boxed

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (2GB x 3) DDR3 1600 TR3X6G1600C8

GPU: PointOfView GTX 560 Ti

HDD: 2x WD CAVIAR R3 500GB WD5002ABYS (OsX 10.8.2, Win7)

HDD: 2x SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.11 1,5TB 32MB SATA2 ST31500341AS

DVD: LG GH22NS50 RBBB 22x SATA bulk black

CASE: Cooler Master RC-1000-KSN1-GP Cosmos - silver/black

POWER: Cooler Master UCP Series - 900W

@Robasefr, can you confirm this Asus U3S6 working well with the ga-ex58-ud5?

I have a Fusion Drive setup right now with the SSD connected to the 3GB/s ports on the ga-ex58-ud5, would like a little speed boost :D

PS: Do you know if the USB 3.0 ports also work with this card (if you give OS X the right drivers ofcourse... although now that macs support USB 3.0 natively...)

PPS: Already did a bit of research... seems that SSD's attached to this card can't be a boot drive... can you confirm that?

Yes it is booting without any problem with Chameleon 2.1 r2069 bootloader directly.

I have made my "Fusiondrive" With the system on My Samsung 830 256gb and my doc, music ,films on a 2To Harddisk.

I have 2 USB3 ports recognized as them with PXHCD.kext. Don't have USB3 devices to try but USB 2 devices work.

Look at my signature for details

Good luck

Hi All,

I have successfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with DD script on a SATA drive.

My next attempt was to have a (final) system installed on a RAID1 mirror. Here I am hitting a wall.

When I try to boot I get boot0: done and then boot1: error.

I have seen the guides for RAID but I am afraid they are not up to date with issues in Mountain Lion (the guides are dated prior to ML).

If I boot the system from a single (non-RAID) disc with Chameleon boot loader, and then choose any of the two RAID members, I can boot the system fine. So I think I am close to it, but there is something missing.

I updated the bootloader inside DD script, but still get the same problem.

Any ideas?

TIA

All long time mackintosher but don't post much.

I finally upgraded my system to ML 10.8 and its running minus a few things.

Here is my Computer specs

Gigabyte UD5

i7 920

6 gig ram

9800 GTX 512 mb

bluetooth magic mouse

My issues are that when i tried to upgrade to 10.8.2 my computer froze on restart and i have reinstalled to 10.8

Is there a easy install path to 10.8.2?

Also my sleep has never really worked in 10.7.2 or 10.8

Can someone walk me through an update of the sleepenabler.kext?

I have searched this thread and just couldn't find the answers.

Thanks

4Ari

• 2 weeks later...

@cippolippo: Sorry I don't have RAID so I can't help you with that. Hasn't boot1:error something to do with the bootloader? I think I haven't had that problem before.

@four_ari: At what point does your install freeze at boot? Is it a kernel panic? There were two issues in the past few months with our installs. One with AppleRTC and one with FakeSMC. Read the past few pages in this thread - there should be a solution to that.

I also can recommend working with a patched DSDT - that was the only way I got sleep to work in SL and ML. Check out my sig.

iMessage/Messages Problem

As some of you may have noticed in the last couple of days: Once we are logged out of the Messages App on our ML installs, we cannot log in any more. There are now work arounds/fixes out there, all using a new bootloader called Clover. Step-by-step instructions can be found here:

http://www.insanelym...ges-fix-how-to/

There's also a longer thread at ######

I tried to fix my install with Clover last night and today - without any success.

I can't boot into my install.

- Sometimes I get a KP with an instant reboot. I can barely read the KP reason; I think it is something with NullPowerManagement. I'm not using this kext at all -.-

- Sometimes I get an error about ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

My install is using only FakeSMC (without oemBIOS kext), IONetworkfamily in /extra and Apple RTC in /system.

Has anyone of you successfully fixed that problem? Thanks!

Best,

Maxim

iFIRE: Thanks for your answer. I am not using SSDT. So I don't have any flags set.

- When I put my DSDT to my clover install, I'll get ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver error.

- Without my DSDT on my clover usb thumb drive, I have to put NullPowerManagement kext to the clover usb drive (EFI/kexts/10.8) to dogde the NullPowerManagement KP but it still doesn't booth further than 'Sound assertion' which comes a couple of times -.-

I used clover rL980 and compiled my own version with cloverGrower v993.

I set up my hackintosh in 2009 and it seems that I totally forgot everything around it and I'm out of the loop.

Is clover the future? MAJ, will you update your script with clover?

Thanks

edit: update: With FakeSMC on the clover drive, I can boot into my install. But since I don't have my DSDT loaded, I don't have Internet etc. yet. Further testing.

edit2: Ok - got it!

- I had to put FakeSMC, IONetworking kexts to the clover usb drive, _no_ NullPowerManagement. But my DSDT and add the DdsdtName to the config.plist for clover under the Dictionary ACPI.

This is basically my normal install. I always thought (and read) that clover is using my chameleon kexts but it obviously doesnt.

I really like clover: I have like a 15 second boot time on my SSD compared to 2-3 minutes with chameleon. I probably will use clover for my main drive now. yay :)

Hey guys,

With messages.app stopping around December 14-18th. Like you I tried the Clover_v2_rL1000 bootloader. with the #### support method #####

Installed Clover_v2_rL1000.pkg onto USB stick. and named it CLOVERUSB

copied /Extra/DSDT.aml to CLOVERUSB/EFI/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

copied /Extra/_Kexts_For_Extra/allthekextthatiuse to CLOVERUSB/EFI/kext/10.8/allthekextthatiuse

that include. AppleRTC.kext FakeSMC.kext IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext IONetworkingFamily.kext JMicron36xeSATA.kext NullCPUPowerManagement.kext _Kexts_For_System ALC885_889a.kext AppleHDA.kext HDAEnabler.kext

edited CLOVERUSB/EFI/config.plis -- to reflect the requirements of my system to boot. As I have aGTX480 i need boot-args -v npci=0x3000 and added the RtVariables 17didget serial. As per tonymac tutorial to re-activate messages.app

changed bios to boot from USB. booted with CLOVERUSB activated messages.app and sent a few messages.

Shutdown removed USB stick. changed bios settings to boot from HDD with chameleon. re-tested messages.app. Works great!

Seems CLOVER is pretty cool. and kept chameleon untouched.

Update, better solution.

IMESSAGES / MESSAGES FIX

Use the guide from this website to fix imessages problem.

- Use Chameleon Wizard to update /boot (does not affect our hackinstaller kexts or settings)

- Copy modules folder to /Extra

- Reboot and enjoy imessages

Credits: This Guide

• Like 1

used the package from iFIRE (http://www.insanelym...00#entry1880067)

not sure if its any different from the one i built (never used) but the config.plist that was needed isnt there. used the tonymac config.plist (#####).

after first boot i got black screen so teamviewered in and noticed serial/etc was good. imessages gave the same error though. so shutdown rebooted into clover again off usb and now imessage and the screen works. was able to login successfully (imessages was basically reset this time, had to add account and on my phone i got the message saying my computer was adding my account).

For those fixing Messages app with the Clover workaround - any ideas what I ned to change to make clover see my software RAID install of Mountain Lion.

Clover works fine on single drive install but doesn't boot RAID - I'm sure it supports RAID so it's probably just a setting somewhere.

Any ideas appreciated

Hey guys, I need help getting my p-states c-states on a GAEX58-DS4, i7 920. Is there no patch for an i7 920 floating around? I run stock appleintelcpupm and get sleep but temps are 60 degrees, so i ran LPC patches on DSDT and temps went back down to nullcpupm levels of 49 degrees, only sleep now doesnt work?!?!? ITs been 4 years since DSDT came out and there is no general way to do this? I have C-states p-states generator in chimera and I did notice performance drop with LPC patches on DSDT. Any help would be appreciated. Is there nobody with a i7 920 possible DSDT patch for speedstep/sleep ? is it different for every motherboard bios? Afaik, each CPU can only be dealt with in the same way, these mobo's all have same bios, (GAEX58). why is intelspeedstep part of script also greyed out, how do I activate it . It says (ADVANCE USERS) etc, and I try to enable but its not enabled, enablind, and ive read every txt document in script, it doesnt say how to add your own patches to hackinstaller or how to get speedstepping working on the GAEX58 chipsets. Ive read through and most people are using this exact mobo with sleep enabler kext and it works, but no one really goes the vanilla speedster route

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day All,

I upgraded to ML 10.8.2 I am using the Cruisar method and am having some audio issues. On my SL install I didn't need the audio kexts for my board but now I do. Is there a particular bootloader I need to get this method working again without the audio kexts. With the kexts installed it seems fine but doesn't activate the screensaver for some reason and the mouse is slightly jumpy. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Been using my Hackintosh now for over 2 years trouble free. Thanks DD this is a great tool.

UD5 i7 920 3.5ghz

I tried to boot from the USB stick, pressed F12, choice USB HDD from the quick boot menu, but nothing happent. Windows 7 is booting.

And i already have the AHCI mode in BIOS. What else do i have to modify into the BIOS settings, for my motherboard, which is Gigabyte GA EX58-UD5 ?

Thank you.

Do i need to use Empire EFI / i B O O T or something like that ? How do i find out if there ( on the USB stick ) is any boot loader or not ?

post-152942-0-86455700-1361196902_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. The setup in my sig recently died (motherboard) so I put together a new box. It's a GA-X79-UD5 with a core i7-3820. I took all my peripherals and drives from the old box and plugged it all into the new box. System booted right up but hung during the boot. It's hanging at [ PCI configuration begin ]

I tried the following boot options:

-v -x npci=x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

I've also tried npci=x3000 and PCIRootUID=1

All to no avail.

Any suggestions.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install ML on my big machine on a fresh SSD and after creating a bootable USB (took me forever to figure out that the USB was GUID partitioned and was freezing my boot process...) the system boots but I suspect I need a video driver because I never enter the gui. It just sits in the console with the boot text and nothing shows up on screen. It doesn't seem like the system is dead because I can press the power button and the system tries to go to sleep.

I have a HD4790. Anyone with that video card around? netkas used to make these QE/CI patches but I can no longer find them, especially for ML. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

If you can only see the command line tool, then your pc most likely booted in single user mode. Check for -s boot flag and remove it, then it should work.

If you can't even enter any commands, then it's stuck during boot. In this case, check if it states anything interesting (kernel panic, ...) and check which kexts you used for boot.

I tried to boot from the USB stick, pressed F12, choice USB HDD from the quick boot menu, but nothing happent. Windows 7 is booting.

And i already have the AHCI mode in BIOS. What else do i have to modify into the BIOS settings, for my motherboard, which is Gigabyte GA EX58-UD5 ?

Thank you.

Do i need to use Empire EFI / i B O O T or something like that ? How do i find out if there ( on the USB stick ) is any boot loader or not ?

I will try to burn it on DVD DL , i hope i can manage to install it :)

Good Day All,

I upgraded to ML 10.8.2 I am using the Cruisar method and am having some audio issues. On my SL install I didn't need the audio kexts for my board but now I do. Is there a particular bootloader I need to get this method working again without the audio kexts. With the kexts installed it seems fine but doesn't activate the screensaver for some reason and the mouse is slightly jumpy. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Been using my Hackintosh now for over 2 years trouble free. Thanks DD this is a great tool.

UD5 i7 920 3.5ghz

try this DSDT from the native power management thread http://www.insanelym...attach_id=65245

remove audio kexts as well. this did the trick for me. for some reason i lost audio recently (two days ago) from a 10.8.2 update (i could have sworn i was already on 10.8.2, found it to be rather weird)

depending on your needs, you may need to use ALC885_889a.kext as well as the DSDT if you want better inputs/outputs.

Edited by iLLNESS

Would someone with a Fusion drive setup post the output from diskutil list or post the file from diskutil list > ~/Desktop/list.txt in Terminal?

I'd like to see if we can get HackInstaller to recognize the drives.

There are so many other things that need to be worked on in the script. I'll try to get something done in the next month or so. :worried_anim:

MAJ

Ok, I figured out my problem. Had to put in the proper video drivers to boot... Now I'm upgraded properly to 10.8.2 but I seem to have lost the 'Start up automatically after a power failure' option in Energy Saver which results in wake up not working properly. I've tried multiple DSDTs (a couple from here, and the latest from tonymacx) but the option just isn't there. Am I missing something obvious?

System is i7 920, X58A-UD5, GTX 670 (upgraded from my hd4790 for CUDA).

Hi MAJ,

good to see that you're still in the game ;)

As I wrote above, I switched to the Clover bootloader that gives me 'insanely' fast boot times. You should dig into that and add it to your script if possible. I feel that this is going to be the future ;)

Has someone installed 10.8.3 yet? Any problems?

@TeraHz: Have you tried Cruisar's DSDT (link in my sig). Sleep is working fine for me with that DSDT.