Acer Laptop users (Intel).

Detosx

572 posts in this topic

I have an Acer TravelMate 3290....................... Have tried many ways, Kalyway, Iatkos, have tried changing BIOS etc, but this always comes up..........

About 5% during installation, it always stops and ALWAYS no matter what configuration or version (iatkos, kalyway etc) comes up with this error:

"Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer. The installer could not validate the contents of the '10.5.1.Intel' package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

"Click Restart to restart your computer and try installing again." and of course the big, fat, ugly annoying exclamation mark that's really peeving me off!!! :(

It took me so long to download both, don't forget the big internet bill lol

Does any1 have any ideas?

@DetosxGlad it worked ;) , I was about to give up Hackintosh because of that issue on taruga's AppleHDA(shutdown) until I bumped on that fix...
Yep, looks like good news, though I'm wondering if just updating to 10.5.3 on both computers is going to solve the issue without the patch. We shall see. Was very happy when I saw your post and gave you and Mysticus C* credit on Taruga's forum. Need to find out who wrote the thing and credit that person, too! ;) Spread the message! This is going to save a lot of laptops from premature death.

Validation errors are damaged or unreadble dvds...causes: you burned your dvd at high speed? most likely cause is this! always use 4x or lessyour dvd media is not good... your dvd burner is not very good, or burning software...
I agree 100% with this. A few times I have burned at 8 speed and ended up with partially working installers. Good idea to run verification, also, both in Toast, if you use it, and during the instal. Four speed has always worked for me.

I try to install Kalyway 10.5.2 to my Acer 4720z.

Here is my spec :

1. Sound (internal,headphone,microphone working using Taruga ALC268 driver)

2. Bluetooth (working out of the box)

3. Optiarc DVDRW (could read, havent try to burn yet)

4. Acer Crystal Web Cam (working using iChat Apps. I could take picture from there too).

5. Trackpad (working out of the box)

6. Card Reader (not working)

7. Broadcom Netlink (not working)

8. Atheros 5007G (not working)

9. Intel GMA X3100 (working)

Boot Option using -v -legacy cpus=1

Looking forward to make my network working. :D

I try to install Kalyway 10.5.2 to my Acer 4720z.

Here is my spec :

1. Sound (internal,headphone,microphone working using Taruga ALC268 driver)

2. Bluetooth (working out of the box)

3. Optiarc DVDRW (could read, havent try to burn yet)

4. Acer Crystal Web Cam (working using iChat Apps. I could take picture from there too).

5. Trackpad (working out of the box)

6. Card Reader (not working)

7. Broadcom Netlink (not working)

8. Atheros 5007G (not working)

9. Intel GMA X3100 (working)

Boot Option using -v -legacy cpus=1

Looking forward to make my network working. ;)

Hi there, I have that model, too, but it doesn't always boot up, so I have to press the power off key and try four times or so. Do you have that problem? What is the bios version you are using?

If you install Leopard Graphics update 1 (download it from Apple) you won't need to use legacy or cpus=1 at boot.

Does the laptop shutdown fully? i.e, does the screen go black but the power button remains illuminated? If so, you might need to use the AppleHDA fix referred to in the posts above, though I found if I updated to 10.5.3 with Mysticus C* s 10.5.3 update and then installed Taruga/AppleHDA shutdown worked without the fix. I haven't tried doing so a second time so I might be missing a beat somewhere but it seemed to work.

Hi there, I have that model, too, but it doesn't always boot up, so I have to press the power off key and try four times or so. Do you have that problem? What is the bios version you are using?

If you install Leopard Graphics update 1 (download it from Apple) you won't need to use legacy or cpus=1 at boot.

Does the laptop shutdown fully? i.e, does the screen go black but the power button remains illuminated? If so, you might need to use the AppleHDA fix referred to in the posts above, though I found if I updated to 10.5.3 with Mysticus C* s 10.5.3 update and then installed Taruga/AppleHDA shutdown worked without the fix. I haven't tried doing so a second time so I might be missing a beat somewhere but it seemed to work.

Finally i find some people so use the 4720z!!! i thought i was suffering all alone :P

Hey everyone, Im a total n00b to OS X but i still decided to install Leo 10.5.1 (kalyway) My sound isnt working and i dont know how to use taruga's files :( Also my Atheros 5007 isnt working :( (lol i dont even know how to install a kext properly) i need some help guys!!! :D :D :D

Finally i find some people so use the 4720z!!! i thought i was suffering all alone :P

Hey everyone, Im a total n00b to OS X but i still decided to install Leo 10.5.1 (kalyway) My sound isnt working and i dont know how to use taruga's files ;) Also my Atheros 5007 isnt working ;) (lol i dont even know how to install a kext properly) i need some help guys!!! :D :D :D

Atheros 5007 won't work, alas. Read through the thread and you should find most of your answers :) Do you find your laptop boots up okay? With mine I have to try four or five times. You might want to try installing Mysticus C* 10.5.3 update; I found that subsequent to installing it, if I then installed Taruga's ALC268 and AppleHDA.kext, my laptop was still able to shut down. To install the kext you need Kext helper B7, which you will probably find is already in your applications folder. Do read through the thread, though, to get a sense of the ups and downs and to find solutions to problems you might not even know you have yet! If you could tell if you have any problems booting up it would be good to hear.

i installed on a travelmate 280 and i got iatkos v2 to work by setting the usb legacy to be disabled add preset video ram to 8mb and everything works using the toh kernel but you have to put it on manual by viewing hidden files on the dvd and copying a file called toh and renaming it to mach_kernel

Atheros 5007 won't work, alas. Read through the thread and you should find most of your answers :) Do you find your laptop boots up okay? With mine I have to try four or five times. You might want to try installing Mysticus C* 10.5.3 update; I found that subsequent to installing it, if I then installed Taruga's ALC628 and AppleHDA.kext, my laptop was still able to shut down. To install the kext you need Kext helper B7, which you will probably find is already in your applications folder. Do read through the thread, though, to get a sense of the ups and downs and to find solutions to problems you might not even know you have yet! If you could tell if you have any problems booting up it would be good to hear.

Hey thanks Detosx,

i installed the drivers for sound and graphics. they work fine. but i do have the shutdown problem lol and will try "mysticus C*" update. Yes, i do have boot-up problems, but thats once in every 10 times. not a big bother for me lol. I read some other forums and appaerntly there is NO solutions for our atheros 5007 :( tough luck!

i ordered a "Apple Airport Extreme Wifi Lan Mini PCI-E Card 802.11n A/B/G For MacBook Pro" from ebay. its a broadcom BCM4321. Hope that'll work lol :P How did you get bluetooth or the cardreader to work??? any updates would be appriciated :)

I have an Acer Aspire 1694 WLMI2

Cpu: Intel Pentium-M 2.0 SSE2

GPU: Ati X700 Mobility 128MB

HDD: 100 GB IDE

RAM: 2GB DDR2

Chipset: Intel 915

S-Video Out, Firewire

I'm using Kalyway's 10.5.2. The problem is I can't get it to boot. I've tried pressing F8 and using -v -legacy cpus=1, but had no luck, it hangs in this screen:

boot_failed.jpg

Can anyone help me?

Hey thanks Detosx, i installed the drivers for sound and graphics. they work fine. but i do have the shutdown problem lol and will try "mysticus C*" update. Yes, i do have boot-up problems, but thats once in every 10 times. not a big bother for me lol. I read some other forums and appaerntly there is NO solutions for our atheros 5007 :D tough luck! i ordered a "Apple Airport Extreme Wifi Lan Mini PCI-E Card 802.11n A/B/G For MacBook Pro" from ebay. its a broadcom BCM4321. Hope that'll work lol :P How did you get bluetooth or the cardreader to work??? any updates would be appriciated :D
I use a Belkin USB bluetooth dongle, which I had already. From a quick search I see the BCM4321 should work with Leo4all but not Kalyway. Leo4allv2 is the one referred to, which was trouble with the 4720z but not with my 5620. Leo4allV3 was much better and will presumably have the same driver that made BCM4321 work under version 2.Hi mgs. Which bios version are you using? One in ten failed boots sounds great to me! To install bios I would need to instal XP. To instal XP I need to flash the bios. Almost a catch 22 unless I put it on a USB dongle and boot from that. Need to look into it. However, it would be great if at boot you could press F2 and let me know which bios you are using? :)

I have an Acer Aspire 1694 WLMI2 Cpu: Intel Pentium-M 2.0 SSE2GPU: Ati X700 Mobility 128MBHDD: 100 GB IDERAM: 2GB DDR2Chipset: Intel 915S-Video Out, FirewireI'm using Kalyway's 10.5.2. The problem is I can't get it to boot. I've tried pressing F8 and using -v -legacy cpus=1, but had no luck, it hangs in this screen:boot_failed.jpgCan anyone help me?
I think your best bet is to try Kalyway's forum. Sounds like you might have chosen incompatible elements on the installer.

Hi. I've installed Leo4all v3 on a external HD on my Acer Aspire 5715Z. I tried Kalyway and iATKOS, but both doesn't work, so I tried Leo4all v3 and voilà, Leopard "runs". I say "runs", because there's a big problem: It shuts down without a warning, bam, black screen...sometimes during the install of Office, sometimes browsing through the finder...very strange...I tried to boot with cpus=1, -x , -f, but this doesn't wotk. Is there a soulution for this?During the installation of Leo4all, I choose the X3100 Patch, and after that I used the ALC268 Installer from Taruga. Now, Video works, and Sound in/out/Microphone works too.Works:Sound Video (Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family/Mobile Intel® GMA X3100)Reboot/Shutdown/LogoutUSB Ports (all three)Doesn't Work:My CD Drive (Mat{censored}a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device)Ethernet (Broadcom NetLink BCM5906M PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller)W-Lan (Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter)Sleep (The Screen goes black, but I can hear my Laptop working...?)TimeMachineHardware:-Acer Aspire 5715Z -Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (448 MB) -Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz, 1463 MHz-CPU Typ Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T2310, 1466 MHz (11 x 133)

-Motherboard Name: Acer Aspire 5715Z-Motherboard Chip: Intel Crestline-GML GL960-Ram: 2037 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)-BIOS Typ Insyde (10/15/07)

-supports x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3 -External 80GB LaCie Mobile DiskSo, if anybody can give me Patches for the CD Drive, the Ethernet, and the strange shutdowns, this would be great...

Your Time Machine doesnt work probably because your graphic card doenst have QE/CI enabled, it happened to me when i`ve first installed Leopard when id tried to connect Tine Machine my laptop seemed to freeze and it came back to normal when id closed the time machine window, if you see that the problem is this in About This Mac on graphics area (must say Quartz Extreme Capable) let me know by PM and i will send you the necessary kexts to make it work:)
Finally i find some people so use the 4720z!!! i thought i was suffering all alone :PHey everyone, Im a total n00b to OS X but i still decided to install Leo 10.5.1 (kalyway) My sound isnt working and i dont know how to use taruga's files :) Also my Atheros 5007 isnt working :) (lol i dont even know how to install a kext properly) i need some help guys!!! :D :D :D
Use the installer, its just like execute the installer and write your password, that easy, your shutdown surely will be affected, you will not be able to shutdown normaly, but there`s a fix for it:)
Finally i find some people so use the 4720z!!! i thought i was suffering all alone :PHey everyone, Im a total n00b to OS X but i still decided to install Leo 10.5.1 (kalyway) My sound isnt working and i dont know how to use taruga's files :) Also my Atheros 5007 isnt working :( (lol i dont even know how to install a kext properly) i need some help guys!!! :D :D :D

Use the Taruga`s installer, its just like execute the installer and write your password, that easy, your shutdown surely will be affected, you will not be able to shutdown normaly, but there`s a fix for it:)

Hi...I'm using an acer aspire 5920G as my signature shows...Which do you think i should use?Kalyway or iatkos?
Hi there. First off, make sure you've bought a copy of Leopard!

Then... do the download thing that we are stuck with, until we can afford Macs. iATKOSv2.0i is the one that I have had most luck with, with Leo4allv3 a close-ish second. Kalyway 10.5.1 I liked a lot but 10.5.2 was a bit of trouble on my laptop and my old desktop. Specifically I use iATKOSv2.0i with Mysticus C* 10.5.3 update.

I would google your laptop with each of those and see what comes up. More specifically, google your laptop's graphics card. My laptop uses the cheap and cheerfully but decent GMA X3100. Install Temperature Monitor to keep an eye on your laptop's temperatures. The more powerful a graphics card, the generally hotter it is. If you're seeing much above 46 at idle, it's too hot and you need a laptop cooler. The Antec one is good. Make absolutely sure your laptop fully shuts down. Also, if you opt for the speedstep kernel (which is the default with iATKOS) adjust the energy settings so that the hard drive doesn't shut down and the laptop doesn't go into a sleep mode that it can't come out of. I don't see the point in a laptop without speedstep, myself. They also run slightly cooler.

Actually, run through the whole thread, there might be someone else here using that model, or out in the forum. It sounds familar.

none of you guys seem to have the acer 2920z, a pretty cheap laptop, that i have installed with iatkos v2.0i. updated to 10.5.4, guess you guys better install this update, i now have sleep working(but it wakes up after a sec.or so but sleeps nonetheless.) well ofcourse wifi and ethernet seems to an unresolvable problem as both chips are unsupported. i bought a dell wireless 1390 (being shipped at the moment as i bought it at ebay and would probably arrived in a couple of weeks as our postal service in the philippines is unreliable) and hope this would give me a fully functioning system.

He is salvation for everybody!

Kalyway 10.5.1 OSX I settled it on my laptop.

Unfortunately it nVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS to my card I did not hit home kext. Furthermore, the sound card driver (Realtek High Defiunition Audio) neither found, in that manner Atheros AR5007EG wifi to a card. Unfortunately Broadcom NetLink I did not find a driver. I would like to ask for your help, how I would be able to obtain it where the equivalent kext's!

My Laptop:

Acer Aspire 5720ZG

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330 (1,6GHz, 533MHZ FSB, 1Mb L2 cache)

Chipset: Intel Crestline GM965/PM965

RAM: 2 x 1Gb DDR2-667MHz (Samsung M4 70T2953EZ3-CE6)

VGA: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (256Mb)

HDD: Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00 160Gb/7200RPM/8M/SATA2

FDD: PIONEER DVD-RW DVRKD08RS

WiFi: Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter

salvation, BAM

( Incomplete my English knowledge, indulgence! :( )

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my bootup problems with my Acer 4720z. People who have read through this thread may recall that I was having problems, problems that other 4720z users were having, regarding booting up to the desktop reliably; sometimes it would work, other times you would get to the gray apple on white boot screen but the cog wouldn't even appear. Having installed the most recent bios update from Acer (Europe; they don't have it on the American site and I don't know why; also, be aware that you will have to install XP on your acer in order to install the bios update, don't do so while on battery) I was sorely dissapointed to find it had made no difference to my booting up success rate, which was generally one in three bootups didn't work, sometimes up to five times in a row it wouldn't bootup first time... great way to wear out the power on button. Dissapointed.

What I subsequently found is if you go into bios and load the default settings, something that I assumed updating the bios would do in and of itself, your boot success rate improves greatly. So far I have booted ten times in a row. Once I have done so twenty times, I will edit this post!

Hi Bam, have a read through the thread. I think most of your questions are answered there. It's all bad news on the Atheros AR5007EG; you'll have to change it. If you can't find the answers here, use google. I do suggest you and others read the whole thread, though, especially regarding the shutdown problem when installing a sound solution; it killed one of my laptops, alas.

Ultimately I do advise anyone stopping by here to seriously consider buying a Mac if they can afford it. I for instance bought a Mac Mini, one of the best hardware purchases I have ever made and a real head turner. It's not about the spec, it's about that when you plug it in it works without delay, it makes virtually zero noise and it turns heads. Macs are gorgeous cretaures, right down to the lovely packaging. For me these forums are a hobbiest/student's means to an end, and that end is buying a Mac. :whistle: At the very least, buy the Leopard operating system and keep it on your shelf (there is even a thread on how to install from the Leopard DVD, but I advise anyone using a laptop to use the older Speedstep kernel, not the Vanilla one; I use my laptop on the road and battery and heat issues matter. Download Temperature Monitor. You might find you want/need to buy a laptop cooler pad.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it was a fun honeymoon while it lasted... No, no, haven't had a new incomplete shudown problem, no laptop fried to death. The bios update that seemed to have cured the unreliable frequency successful first time boots to desktop... seems to have only been a temporary fix; one in three bootups doesn't get past the grey pre-spinning-cog-appearing boot screen, requiring a reset with the power button. Ah, well!

Anyone tried an Acer Aspire One?

Acer Aspire 4715Z

using iAtkos v4i (kalyway 10.5.2 never passes the welcome session)

Vanilla kernel (9.4.0)

GFX: GMAx3100 - working perfectly

Audio: Azaila_out working fine only on internal speaker

alc268_installer 1/2 fixes internal/external/internal-mic ... but breaks shutdown.

HDA Fix apparently fixes the shutdown but breaks the audio output :|

LAN: marvell yukon, doesn't get detected at all. manually editing AppleYukon2.kext and kextloading fixes, working fine (full speed)

WiFi: Atheros AR5007EG, doesn't get detected and work at all :)

Power Management seems alright, though there's no way of changing settings.

Battery meter is alright. Charge stays more than two hours on light load.

Okay so here it goes :wacko:

Acer Extensa 5620z

Thanks to the summer break I've restored my energy and tried to install Mac OS for the third (and probably last) time. I decided to use one of the new releases: Kalyway 10.5.2, Leo4All v3 and iAtkos v4i.. What a luck that it ended on the first one..

Big credit for yokiro, who made a great tutorial. However it was in French but thanks to his advices and google translate I made use of it.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=100492

If your audio doesn't work after the install use this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96434

It fixes also problems with the shutdown experienced by the patch users earlier.

So in a short message:

1. Make partitions in gparted as you like

2. Disk utility one for HFS Journalled

3. Bootup the Kalyway installer with "-x"

4. Select ONLY the following options:

- Vanilla kernel 9.2

- Mobo chipset (choose all suboptions)

- USB Fix

- Power Management Bundle

5. Install

What is working:

CPU: Intel Dual Core T2310 is recognised as Intel Core 2 Duo 1.46 GHz

GFX: Intel GMA x3100 @ 1280x800 with QE & CI

Audio: ALC268 with working built-in mic, internal speakers and headphones recognised as Intel High Definitioon Audio

Touchpad: Synaptics - ok

Airport: Broadcom BCM4311 recognised as third party but works

Not working:

LAN: not present in the system profile

PCMCIA/ExpressCard: haven't seen it

Card Reader: not working

Wi-Fi Led: off :)

And finally words of appreciation go to Detosx who dramatically increased my Mac knowledge, especially at the beginning.

Tadaaa

mackalysl5.th.jpg

Hello, i am having problems with my laptop. I have an acer 6592g, core 2.0 965 chipset. I was able to install Aitkos on it perfectly, no problems at all. Most things worked. But then i was trying to figure out Dual booting as a result - i installed xp, vista- just playing around to make it work. Because i had a sata HD, i thought a bios upgrade would help as it would give me AHCI or Ide option.

But after the Upgrade, i found that the Keyboard and mouse dont work- during or after installation. So i downgraded the Bios, to the original, but still the same. No key board no mouse.

I read that one of the bios updates had a KBBIOS update included. I am just wondering, do you think that maybe the issue, and is there anyway of downgrading a KBBIOS, in fat what is KBBIOS, i think its Keyboard Bios- and its part of the EC bios.

thanks in advance

acer travelmate 6592G

core 2 duo 2.ghz

1.5g ram

Ati Hd 2300

160 gig sata hd

4965agn wifi card

Bth

finger print etc.

I really dont know what to click in the customize tab!!

I have a Intel Centrino (that is core 2 duo)

Intel GMA 965

2g of ram

and250g of hdd

I have iAtkos and kalyway copies,

which one should I use and what should I choose in the customization? :D:(:P:P:D