Acer Laptop users (Intel).

Detosx

572 posts in this topic

I recently decided to give OSx86 a shot and downloaded the ISO to install.

My laptop booted fine but I am getting the screen & wireless issues everysome seems to be getting. Is there anyway around the screen problem without needing a dongle or second monitor? And has there been a solution for wireless issues for intel cards?

I have an:

Acer Aspire 5610

Centrino Duo

1gb ram

Intel GMA950

Intel Wireless Card

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've posted in the Multi Booting forum, and was told to try here... I've got an Acer Aspire 3690 WLMi Laptop, and iAKTOS V4.0. But I can't get it to work, it just won't boot at all.

I tried reinstalling with almost everything ticked. If I boot into Hard Drive, it says Missing OS. If I boot into iATKOS Disk and wait, it says press any key to begin installing Mac OS X. But, if I press random F Keys while waiting for the disk to boot, it gives me the Darwin Bootloader, all very nice, but no matter what I do, Mac won't boot, it's like pressing refresh. I can pick Windows or my boot partition, (Don't ask how i got it, it boots like I set the Vista Part active, with the Vista OS Selector, Mac doesn't work there either), so I'm kinda stuck.

Yes, I'm 11.

Yes, this is hard.

But I'm Determined.

Please help me!!!

I really dont know what to click in the customize tab!!

I have a Intel Centrino (that is core 2 duo)

Intel GMA 965

2g of ram

and250g of hdd

I have iAtkos and kalyway copies,

which one should I use and what should I choose in the customization? :(:):):P:D

You want advice?

Don't shout

Don't expect to be spoon fed

List your exact hardware, make and model

Search and ye shall find; search this entire site and similar sites for info and guides

Google is your friend

Share your successes and failures

If nothing works buy a real mac if you can afford it or if you can't stick with windoze or even try linux

hasta la vista

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently recieved (via Tmobile lol) a Acer 5320 free! .

I understand the spec is very close to the other acers on here, is there anything major that will need new drivers, or

know if anyone has tried this lappy, the search function on this site is very tempramental.

The Spec is like this :

# Processor: Celeron M 530 1.73 GHz

# Memory: 1GB

# HD Capacity: 120GB

# Display: 15.4"

# Graphics Card: Intel GMA X3100

# Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

# Main Specifications

# Product Description: Acer TravelMate 5320-051G12Mi - Celeron M 530 1.73 GHz - 15.4" TFT

# Dimensions (WxDxH): 36 cm x 26.7 cm x 4.3 cm

# Weight: 2.9 kg

# Localisation: United Kingdom

# System Type: Notebook

# Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial

# Processor: Intel Celeron M 530 / 1.73 GHz

# Cache Memory: 1 MB - L2 Cache

# RAM: 1 GB (installed) / 2 GB (max) - DDR II SDRAM ( 2 x 512 MB )

# Card Reader: 5 in 1

# Hard Drive: 120 GB - Serial ATA-150

# Optical Storage: DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM - integrated

# Display: 15.4" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) - 24-bit (16.7 million colours)

# Graphics Controller: Intel GMA X3100

# Audio Output: Sound card

# Telecom: Fax / modem - 56 Kbps

# Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

# Wireless NIC: Acer InviLink 802.11b/g

# Notebook Camera: Integrated - 0.3 Megapixel

# Input Device: Keyboard, touchpad, 4-way scroll button

Many thanks for any helpful comments

Cheers

I got my ASPIRE 9410 upgraded with C2D 2.33Ghz and wifi replaced with Airport Extreme and 4GB of RAM. Kalway 10.5.2 upgraded to 10.5.4 without any problems (EFI installed/GUID partition) everything is working /shutdown/restart/sleep, audio with full system info in profiler. No issues. PCMCIA reader works. Webcam replaced with Logitech STX emulated as isight cam (photobooth working 100%)..nothing to worries about. happy user ;-)

greetings

I have a extensa 5220, its a great machine. but, i have a problem (see my picture). keyboard and trackpad works, only my system prefs for keyboard and mouse don´t work!

can you help me please?

post-10343-1220107463_thumb.jpg

Hello, I've been reading through this thread this morning and I've picked up some interesting points. I installed Leo4all on my Acer 5920g on Saturday and I've got it dual booting with Vista thanks to EasyBCD.

There are a couple of issues...the obvious being thats the wireless and ethernet do not work. My webcam just dispay's green and as far as I'm aware my card reader isnt working. PCMCIA Slot isn't working either.

I'm pretty much a newb at this and I'm not sure I've gone through the install right. I have no idea if I selected Speedstep and I did select the vanilla kernal and all the nvidia options. Is there anyway I change the options or enable speedstep now Leopard is already Installed?

The graphics card works no problem from what I can see, both cores appear to be working on the CPU, and I got the sound working by using the ALC888 kext. The USB ports work fine.

Another problem I'm having is that when leopard starts I get an error message about LaptopDisplay.kext, the error also appears randomly throughout using Leopard. Does anyone know how to fix this and perhaps how to get my webcam and card reader to work?

Another thing that I seemed to have read (or maybe I've got it wrong) Is that there is a kext to make PCMCIA/ Card Bus slot to work. Is this right? If so this is good for me as I have a wireless card and it would save me buying a usb device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rachel

PS - Thanks for the advice on Acer Epower. I had uninstalled it, but my laptop seems much cooler without it!

Hello, I've been reading through this thread this morning and I've picked up some interesting points. I installed Leo4all on my Acer 5920g on Saturday and I've got it dual booting with Vista thanks to EasyBCD.

There are a couple of issues...the obvious being thats the wireless and ethernet do not work. My webcam just dispay's green and as far as I'm aware my card reader isnt working. PCMCIA Slot isn't working either.

I'm pretty much a newb at this and I'm not sure I've gone through the install right. I have no idea if I selected Speedstep and I did select the vanilla kernal and all the nvidia options. Is there anyway I change the options or enable speedstep now Leopard is already Installed?

The graphics card works no problem from what I can see, both cores appear to be working on the CPU, and I got the sound working by using the ALC888 kext. The USB ports work fine.

Another problem I'm having is that when leopard starts I get an error message about LaptopDisplay.kext, the error also appears randomly throughout using Leopard. Does anyone know how to fix this and perhaps how to get my webcam and card reader to work?

Another thing that I seemed to have read (or maybe I've got it wrong) Is that there is a kext to make PCMCIA/ Card Bus slot to work. Is this right? If so this is good for me as I have a wireless card and it would save me buying a usb device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rachel

PS - Thanks for the advice on Acer Epower. I had uninstalled it, but my laptop seems much cooler without it!

Try downloading and installing iatkos v4i , runs like a dream and everything works, it may work for you, inc cam, wifi , display everything.

I have an Acer TravelMate 2410 and Leopard seems to be running fine?

It does, sometimes however hang on the blue screen after boot, and some apps just quit when they feel like it, but other than that alll things run smooth. Tried Kalyway 10.5.2, didnt work, at all, and then tried Leo4Allv3, and that didnt work either? Then finally tried ToH 10.5 install and worked and still running it now!? OS X86 User since: June 2008

Acer TravelMate 2410 (Leopard 10.5.0)

Intel Celeron M Processor (SSE2 Only) - WORKS

512MB DDR2 RAM - WORKS

40GB ATA/100 HDD - WORKS

15.4" WXGA Color TFT LCD Monitor - WORKS

128MB Intel GMA 900 Graphics - WORKS

Broadcom Wireless - NOT WORKING

10/100 Ethernet - WORKS

Speakers/3.5mm Jack - WORKS

Touchpad/Keyboard - WORKS

I have an Acer TravelMate 2410 and Leopard seems to be running fine?

It does, sometimes however hang on the blue screen after boot, and some apps just quit when they feel like it, but other than that alll things run smooth. Tried Kalyway 10.5.2, didnt work, at all, and then tried Leo4Allv3, and that didnt work either? Then finally tried ToH 10.5 install and worked and still running it now!? OS X86 User since: June 2008

Acer TravelMate 2410 (Leopard 10.5.0)

Intel Celeron M Processor (SSE2 Only) - WORKS

512MB DDR2 RAM - WORKS

40GB ATA/100 HDD - WORKS

15.4" WXGA Color TFT LCD Monitor - WORKS

128MB Intel GMA 900 Graphics - WORKS

Broadcom Wireless - NOT WORKING

10/100 Ethernet - WORKS

Speakers/3.5mm Jack - WORKS

Touchpad/Keyboard - WORKS

Hello,

Can you tell me exactly witch ToH 10.5 version are you using ?

I have the same laptop but wireless is atheors.

Thanks.

Hi Again,

Thanks for the advice. But can anyone tell me how I install kext's?

I'm just downloading iAtkos. I was wondering if anyone could advise what settings to use when installing given the spec of my 5920g? The spec is below:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2.00ghz, w/Intel Centrino

2gb DDR2

Nvidia Geforce 8600m GS 256mb

Western Digital 230gb SATA150 5400rpm

LG DVDRAM Multi Recorder

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 802.3a/b/g

Realtek HD Audio w/Dolby Home Theatre and Virtual Surround Sound

I've decided to change from Leo4All to iAtkos as sometimes my keyboard and mouse don't work and the sound dosnt work when the mouse and keyboard does work.

Any help appreciated, as explained I am a noob :censored2:

Rachel

Has anyone found that with iATKOSv4i migration assistant fails during 'transferring support applications'? The candy stripe swirl fills the progress bar and it just freezes like that. Anyone else experience that and find a workaround? At the time of writing I have given up and I am migrating post install from Utilities Migration Assistant.

CrazyRach asks:-

Hi Again,

Thanks for the advice. But can anyone tell me how I install kext's?

I'm just downloading iAtkos. I was wondering if anyone could advise what settings to use when installing given the spec of my 5920g? The spec is below:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2.00ghz, w/Intel Centrino

2gb DDR2

Nvidia Geforce 8600m GS 256mb

Western Digital 230gb SATA150 5400rpm

LG DVDRAM Multi Recorder

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 802.3a/b/g

Realtek HD Audio w/Dolby Home Theatre and Virtual Surround Sound

I've decided to change from Leo4All to iAtkos as sometimes my keyboard and mouse don't work and the sound dosnt work when the mouse and keyboard does work.

Any help appreciated, as explained I am a noob :angel:

Rachel

The easy way to install kexts it to use Kext Helper B7. If it's not in the Applications folder, it's easy to find online and it's free.

During install of iATKOS v4i my selection from the Customize menu is:-

iATKOS v4i Main System

Darwin Bootloader

From additional patches I selected AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev.MacBook

Remove Thermal Kexts - as advised to me over on uphucks forum.

For your graphics chip you might want to try nVidia Laptop, though I have no experience of that graphics chip/card. Take a look over at http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/ Also, it would be a good idea to join uphucks forum and try and find someone who has that same graphics card/chip. I would do that before the install, unless you have time to kill with multiple install attempts.

My laptop uses the GMA X3100, for which the option to select Natit is there. You might find you don't need it but if so you'll probably have to use the cpus=1 command at bootup. (F8 to boot menu)

From System I select Sata - or you might find you the zero with the cross through it, your hard drive not detected.

and Intel Speedstep, which as far as I am concerned is a must with a laptop if you're going to use it on public transport, etc.

Patch for PS2 - you might need this to get your keyboard working but for me it causes kernel panic at boot.

I hope that helps. For the record my preferred install is Leo4allV3 with Mysticus C* 10.5.3 updater and then Mysticus C* 10.5.4 delta updater.

Again, sorry to be a bore, guys, but if you are doing all this, I am assuming you are playing fair and buying the software, even if you are installing the hackintosh modified version.

Patch for PS2 - you might need this to get your keyboard working but for me it causes kernel panic at boot.

Acer Aspire 7720G

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 1982 MHz (10 x 198)

Intel Crestline-PM PM965

4 GB RAM 2x2GB

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS -WORKS OK

Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller - WORKS OK

Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter - WORKS OK

Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet (14E4 169D) - NOT WORKING

Acer CrystalEye webcam - NOT WORKING

Broadcom Bluetooth 2.0 EDR USB Dongle -WORKS OK

NETGEAR WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter - WORKS OK

TOSHIBA DVDW/HD TS-L802A didn`t try HD but DVD burns ok

DETOSX when you installed iATKOS v4 on your 4720z did it fix any of your previously mention issues?

I have a 4720z and I installed KALYWAY 10.5.1 on it (without reading any instructions, my first mistake) and my video only works on my external monitor, my keyboard and touchpad don't work. Along with the normal things, ethernet, wireless, card reader etc.

I am downloading iATKOSv4 right now as from what I read so far it should resolve the core issues of video output, keyboard and monitor. Does anyone know if the ethernet will work? I don't expect the wireless to work, but now big deal I will deal with that after I get everything else working. Does the webcam work? I will post the outcome of my little adventure after I am done.

I have installed iATKOSv4, but it took me serveral tries to get it to work. BUT I do have it running!!! (I know lots of peole do, but this is my personal victory!! LOL). I don't have any sound and I did not install the NIC drivers. It kept crashing on me so I started elminating things on the install until I got it to work. My question is how do I install the NIC drivers? I am an IT manager and work on Windows all the time but I have never worked on a Mac before, therefore I am lost in the Mac world (hence the rason I am doing this and yes I did purchase a license copy of OSX).

Thanks in advance for you help!

Hey Guys,

i'm currently using an Acer 7730G - Centrino 2 Book.

I just got Jas OSX86 10.5.4 and tried to install it.

The installation was done well, my keyboard was working, all was good.

BUt after i booted the finished install of Mac OS X, it is telling me, that there is no keyboard present..

Maybe i used the wrong kexts? Is there anyone who installed a OS X on a Centrino 2 Book?

Or should i try leo4all,kalyway or something else... I read about a boot disc which simulates an EFI Boot Environment, so i theoretically just have to put in a standard leopard dvd, has anyone tried this yet?

I think there are almost the same components like the 7720G, except of the CPU,Graphiccard..

Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 2GHz 3GB RAM 320GB HDD Nvidia 9600M-GT Please help me :blink: ;-)