Acer Laptop users (Intel).

Detosx

572 posts in this topic

detosx i just realised that removing the appleHDA.kext ruins the sound on my laptop as in i dont have sound anymore :) and if i install sound back on then the shutdown again stops working :S

anyway around this?

Alas, no, not that I have been able to find, so far. I am happy with my Creative X-FI USB soundcard.

Hi i've your same problem with boot (same laptop)

i've found the reason of the problem but not a solution...

the cause is a "wake event" sent on USB bus (maybe from the internal webcam or internal tv tuner: both are detected as attached to usb)

removing IOUSBFamily.kext ... solve the problem but ... no more USB ;)

i've tried with different USB versions but the problem still remains

i've also tried loading the "problematic" kext only after boot ... but it doesn't load

somewhere iv'e read can be an USB & video problem ... so ... waiting for the 10.5.2

if someone knows a temporary workaround ...

we are here

hi all

I'm glad that someone replied. For me, my boot is stuck at this: (-v mode)

Waiting for boot volume with UUID A98895E0-B229-3823-B0CB-DE07B2D6E812

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

I don't even know what the hell this is man. Sometimes it gets through, sometimes it doesn't.

Now the most most troubling part is that Leopard detected my Vista partition as a FAT16 disk!! And I can't read anything inside. And for my XP, though it detected as a NTFS partition, I cannot change any files inside also.

Hi guys!

I'm new to this matter, installing os X on a pc. I was wondering if you could tell me if my acer laptop is compatible with the Leopard OS. I'm really thinking of buying it but first I'd like to know if it works and there is a lot of information mas most of it is regarding stuff I don't understand.

So if you know if my laptop is compatible please tell me.

this are the specifications: (CPU-z says it has SSE2)

Intel CPU Pentium M ( featuring Intel Speedstep technology); 400 FSB

Intel 855 GME Chipset, 1024 L2 Cache

15.4"WXGA+TFT colour LCD, 1280X800 pixel, 16.M Colours. 16 :10 Viewing Ratio, Console Display for Arcade Media play back status

Ati Radeon 9700 with 128 MB(2023WLMi)

Aspire Cinevision video encoded tehnology, Aspire Clearvision video input optimisation technology (AS 2023 WLMi)

2X 256 MB DDR RAM (2023WLMi), Expandable to 2 GB DDR SDRAM, on dual So Dimm sockets

60 GB (AS 2023WLMi) Ultra ATA 100 HDD

Slot loading Optical drive with DVD-RW( AS 2023WLMi)

DVD-RW : Read : 4X DVD-R, 4X DVD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 24XCDROM

DVD-RW : Write : 2X DVD-R, 1 X DVD-RW, 16XCD-R, 8X CDRW

56Kbps ITU data fax modem( PTT approval )

10/100/1000 Mbps (AS 2023WLMi) , wake-on-lan ready

Wireless LAN : integrated Intel Wireless Pro 2200 network connection 802.11b

Wireless PAN : integrated Bluetooth

64Wh Lithium Ion Battery, 6 hours battery life ( depending on usage)

I/O interface : 1 CardBus type II slot, 1xRJ45 for Ethernet,1x RJ11 for modem,1 XFIR,VGA,

3xUSB 2.0 port, 1 X IEEE 1394 port, S-Video TV out,

1xparallel port, 1X microphone / line in jack

4 in one card reader (SD,SM, MMC, Sony Memory stick) for AS 2023WLMi

Thx in advance, i would really appreciate your help

p.s.: sorry for my bad english, but i'm portuguese :huh:

I have an acer 5570z that i bought for $499.00 US

specs:

intel core 2 duo 1.73 ghz @ 667 fsb ? the lower fsb available. dont remember what it is.

2 gigs of ram

intel gma950 graphics (mouse tearing, block in the left hand corner, just like everyone else.)

intel ich7 chipset

8x dvdr

160gb sata 5400rpm hd

broadcom dw 1390 (dell - 802.11b/g not original - swapped out cause its the brcm1020 chip)

generic bluetooth 2.0 module (installed and working fine)

ive run just about every flavor of osx86 around on this machine - kalyway, toh, mac.nub

uphuck, JaS. pretty much everything works fine. im having problems with the graphics in

leopard, but other than that, it runs very nicely with efi mbr installed, running vanilla kexts and kernels. i had downgraded to XXX 10.4.11 but today i installed the bluetooth module, and swapped out the incompatible atheros ar5007eg with a compatible dell dw1390. i rebooted and the bluetooth worked like a champ. however, i cant seem to get the dw1390 working. im not even sure where to start. it works fine in vista, but im not sure what to do with it in leo. im trying a clean install of kalyway 10.5.1 right now.

wish me luck

I wish I had as much success with my Acer as you guys have had with yours. On Kaylway, after install, it will freeze at the grey apple screen with the spinning COG, and on iATKOS, I have only gotten into the desktop environment 1 time in safe mode, other times I just get a blinking cursor. Acer model 5672wlmi, x1600 mobility, core duo t2300 1.6ghz, intel chipset. Anyone else installed Tiger or Leopard on this model?

Geez.. Acer is going mad with 5620 BIOS updates, 2 weeks ago I've installed 1.25 and it was the newest.. Now they have developed 1.29 and 1.31.. Does anyone have a detailed information what changes have been made? Because on the acer site there is only a file to download without details.

I wish I had as much success with my Acer as you guys have had with yours. On Kaylway, after install, it will freeze at the grey apple screen with the spinning COG, and on iATKOS, I have only gotten into the desktop environment 1 time in safe mode, other times I just get a blinking cursor. Acer model 5672wlmi, x1600 mobility, core duo t2300 1.6ghz, intel chipset. Anyone else installed Tiger or Leopard on this model?

I have the exact same laptop. I would sugest installing iATKOS with EFI and try to run everything vanilla. It was working very well for me untill I accidentaly installed kexts from 10.5.0 and ended up without a working powermeter and some other quirks. I also seem to have intermitent USB issues like some of the others reported on the forum. You can forget trying to get internet working unless you have a Wireless USB dongle. People are working on drivers for the broadcom ethernet and intel wireless but lord knows when either project will have working drivers.

If you installed graphics drivers off the iATKOS dvd then that might be why you can't boot to the desktop. You should try removing them or doing a clean install. If you get it working then you should get the ATIMobileX1600Pack that was posted in the forums and use the kexts it provides to get QE/CI and resolution switching.

For sound I used the old ALC883 kexts Taruga made. The kext for 3 port soundcards with digital output will give you working speakers, headphone jack and built-in mic, I am sure the other 2 input jacks work as well but I have no way to test.

If you need any more help with the laptop then send me a PM. And if you find a way to boot without using cpus=1 then let me know.

@ ctrlfreq or (anyone else),

Hey I just got the Dell 1390 internal wifi card off of ebay for $10! Can you point me in right direction for installation instructions?

Also, does anyone know if I have to install Tiger first before I try to install with Kalaway or iATKOS?

CPU - intel core duo 2300

MAINBOARD - intel i945PM

VIDEOCARD - ATI Mobility Radeon x1400

DVD – Mat{censored}a DVD-RAM UJ-845S

DISK DRIVE – Toshiba MK1234GSX

WIFI – Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network connection (soon to be Dell 1390, I hope)

I have an acer 5570z that i bought for $499.00 US

specs:

intel core 2 duo 1.73 ghz @ 667 fsb ? the lower fsb available. dont remember what it is.

2 gigs of ram

intel gma950 graphics (mouse tearing, block in the left hand corner, just like everyone else.)

intel ich7 chipset

8x dvdr

160gb sata 5400rpm hd

broadcom dw 1390 (dell - 802.11b/g not original - swapped out cause its the brcm1020 chip)

generic bluetooth 2.0 module (installed and working fine)

ive run just about every flavor of osx86 around on this machine - kalyway, toh, mac.nub

uphuck, JaS. pretty much everything works fine. im having problems with the graphics in

leopard, but other than that, it runs very nicely with efi mbr installed, running vanilla kexts and kernels. i had downgraded to XXX 10.4.11 but today i installed the bluetooth module, and swapped out the incompatible atheros ar5007eg with a compatible dell dw1390. i rebooted and the bluetooth worked like a champ. however, i cant seem to get the dw1390 working. im not even sure where to start. it works fine in vista, but im not sure what to do with it in leo. im trying a clean install of kalyway 10.5.1 right now.

wish me luck

ctrlfreq, I have an acer 5570z also, sounds like we got the same deal at the same time!! I had tiger 4.9 running fine on this machine but had the usual problems, sleep wasn't working, no wifi, etc. I install iATKOS and everything seems to be running fine but I'm having trouble connecting wifi. Any suggestions??

Hi acer guys

all ready posted at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry602419

but once more ;-)

Got aspire 9422 quite working except :

- USB works strangely : only when periph. plugged during the boot or sometimes when plugged across an usb hub)

- wifi down like "everyone"

- bluetooth down

- webcam, even not tried

- battery indicator not ok

+ update 10.5.2

+ graph update

ok

Any idea welcome ...

First off I would like to thank everyone for their contribution to the forum, I have read many post that helped me s great deal.

My problem is I have no sound. I also have no internet lan or wireless but I would like to fix the sound problem first. My computer is equipped with a Realtek High Definition Realtek v6.0.1. The hardware profile says (No Built in Audio) After installing AzaliaAudio.pkg the speaker icon next to the clock appears and the volume control works but still no audio and still says (No Built in Audio)

I'm using Kext Helper 0.7 to install Kext. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Acer Aspire 7720

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5 GHz

2GB DDR2 Memory

17 LCD 1440X900

2-250 Hard Drives Duel Boot Vista Ultimate & OSX Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard

NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS 256mb (working with NVinject 0.2.1)

Broadcom NetLink (Gigabit Ethernet) (not working)

Intel Wireless wifi link 4965 AGN (not working)

Realtek High Definition Realtek v6.0.1.5413 (not working)

Aspire 7720G Help??

Hi , I have an Aspire 7720G with two HDD's in it. I installed Kalyway and iATKOS on the second HDD formatted as MBR.

Now I want to try out GUID so I erased the second HDD and reformatted as GUID. Installed Kalyway with the EFI_GUID option selected.

The installation went fine but at reboot the system will not boot from that second HDD but boots right back into VISTA. There's not even

an ERROR or something.

Any clues?

Hello guys yes I have two hard drives I installed the second one myself. Acer Aspire 7720 comes with only one but the cradle will hold two. I use a program called Easy BCD to create the duel boot. I took the vista drive out and put the second drive in and installed OSX86 Leopard Kalway. Once you have this installed and can boot directly into Leopard. Shut down the computer and move the drive back to the second slot and put the vista dive back in. Boot up using f12 and select the vista dive install EasyBCD and it will do the rest. name the second drive anything I named mine OSX MAC and reboot. You will have the two duel systems and won't have to worry about OSX86 messing up your vista

Acer Aspire 7720

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5 GHz

2GB DDR2 Memory

17 LCD 1440X900

Hi mates!

I've got an Acer Extensa 5620Z-1A1G16MI

Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2310 1,46GHz

1 GB (2 x 512 MB)

hd Itachi 80 GB

Realtek HD ALC 268 (or 286 I dont remember :blink:)

wifi Broadcom

card reader

no bluetooth

no webcam

I've successfull managed to install after hours of panic and headaches XP and Leo

This is the walktrough:

1) Update the bios to 1,29 rev. and selected SATA IDE

2) with GPARTED LIVE CD I created 2 partition 30 and 50 gb, formatted FAT32 and boot on the first one

3) Installed Xp with the drivers founded in ACER FTP EUROPE, the AHCI ISSUE, that doesnt allow to install XP on the 5620 was cleared and resolved with the help of

link

4) In the bios selected SATA AHCI, GPARTED again boot on the second partition

5) Iatkos Leo installer: Disk utility - erased the second partition with HTFS Journaled and erased again; In the utility Darwin Bootloader used with EFI bootloader, exit

6) Iatkos Installer:

Iatkos main system

Additional patch: Efi emulation> Stock kernel, remove cpu power management, remove kernel text ( Not installed stock apple acpi platform kext)

Driver: Intel GMA x3100

System: Apple smbios.kext Netkas

Not installed wireless driver

7) Install, reboot, it work! :P

video, sound, wifi, full shutdown

not working: card reader :D and the mic

Any suggestions?

The touchpad seems to foolish sometimes, the keyboard works well, the sleep doesnt seems to work.

I've not installed any software again.

Hi again and thanks in advance for suggestion!

ps. excuse my english, i'm from Naples ;)

Zero_zen, how did you manage to get your Darwin Boot working? As far as I remember I've got write errors while trying to apply it. Did you have some sort of problems on this stage or it just worked perfectly?

Nice to hear that another 5620 is working pretty well.

Zero_zen, how did you manage to get your Darwin Boot working? As far as I remember I've got write errors while trying to apply it. Did you have some sort of problems on this stage or it just worked perfectly?

Hi Grabar,

Yes you are right, I tried many many times working on this. Seems to me that is fundamental to use GPARTED CD LIVE for partitioning and format the drive and flag boot to the Leo partition. :|

No other command or script via terminal worked, in my case.

For any other info, I'm here.

Hi

Hello guys yes I have two hard drives I installed the second one myself. Acer Aspire 7720 comes with only one but the cradle will hold two. I use a program called Easy BCD to create the duel boot. I took the vista drive out and put the second drive in and installed OSX86 Leopard Kalway. Once you have this installed and can boot directly into Leopard. Shut down the computer and move the drive back to the second slot and put the vista dive back in. Boot up using f12 and select the vista dive install EasyBCD and it will do the rest. name the second drive anything I named mine OSX MAC and reboot. You will have the two duel systems and won't have to worry about OSX86 messing up your vista

Acer Aspire 7720

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5 GHz

2GB DDR2 Memory

17 LCD 1440X900

Hi Guys , My 7720G 602G32MN came with two HDD's each 160 GB !!!! There's even a model with two 250 GB HDD's in it now.

Hey i figured id join the posts here,

Aspire 9420 with iAtkos

Working

Graphics with NVinject from cd

Audio working fine no input tho, can be fixed with the azillia kexts

4gb of ram (acer has updated the bios to 1.24 to support this)

USB is fine :)

Not working

Card Reader

Pcmcia Slot

Webcam (Here I am currently modifiying macam for the logitech oribcam)

Iv got the gemstone 5720, i would recomend avoiding it if your going to run osx on a laptop. Mine (T7300 2GHz, x3100) just overheats as the fan wont turn on, i used an external fan to make it to the end of the install and i can get it to work but whatever i try i cant get the fan to start. lame.

Iv got the gemstone 5720, i would recomend avoiding it if your going to run osx on a laptop. Mine (T7300 2GHz, x3100) just overheats as the fan wont turn on, i used an external fan to make it to the end of the install and i can get it to work but whatever i try i cant get the fan to start. lame.
Interesting an alarming. Someone on Amazon mentioned that if you format over Vista on the Gemstone range you are also formatting over Acer software necessary for the fan to work properly. I thought that was bull but what you are saying suggests there might some truth to it. It seems mad that in this day and age a manufacturer wouldn't consider the possibility that you might 'downgrade' to XP or try a Linux distro.

Have you tried updating the bios?

That said, unless you find an article somewhere that says a bios update definitely addresses said issue... if your laptop was indeed overheating during the install, I would give it a miss. Vista isn't awful, or at least not when you upgrade the memory to 2GB and cap some of the graphics settings. :D

I have an Aspire 5720 and it runs fine, no overheating at all. Having said that, mine is a step down from yours and not as powerful.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that there is no support for any kind of built in networking for it.

EFI is another issue. It functions with EFI but cant use the vanilla kernel, as you cant enable NX support in the 'bios' (Insyde's EFI).

Acer TravelMate 2480-2779

It's an ok laptop for Leopard. It would be perfect if only the Ethernet worked :unsure:

I installed Leopard with Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 Disc With Vanilla

I had to reinstall Leopard on this laptop 8 times in a row just to find out how to install a working Darwin bootloader. I tried formatting it to be a GUID partition but it kept failing while installing at the very end. Then I decided to use MBR, it installed but I could never boot Leopard without the CD. So after looking up something in the Install log I found out I couldn't name my partition with anything with spaces when I used the GUID partition setup (I named my partition Mac OS X Leopard before so I changed it to MacOSXLeopard) so after I changed that it installed sucessfully.

So after the install everything seemed to work well (into movie played, sound was there, transitions worked) and all my drivers worked also but not perfectly.

From what I heard all Acer laptops couldn't use ethernet (Marvell Yurkon)

My laptop cannot play sound through the built-in speakers (It did on Tiger idk why It won't work now) Headphone and Mic ports work.

Not sure if Modem, PCMCIA slot, S-Video, External Video Out, Digital Out, or Media card reader works

Wireless worked perfectly (Broadcom 4318)

I wish I could get ethernet working though. I have a USB Ethernet device but I had no luck in getting that to work either (SMC2208USB/ETH)

I have 1280x800 Resolution and Quartz; games play fast also (all my games get a 10+ FPS boost from XP to Mac) (Surprisingly, GTA San Andreas runs faster in Mac OS X under eumlation (Cider) then on XP with no emulation)

Top 4 Buttons (Empowering, E-mail, Internet, and a button that says "P") on keyboard do not work (not a problem though)

I can burn CD's fine

So thats just about it. This laptop works fine (hardware wise) with everything but onboard ethernet.

Hi all

I have an ACER 4200 laptop. The specification of that is T2300/1GB/GMA950.

I attempted to install iATKOS 1.0i yesterday and it can be run only one time. Everything is working well except WIFI.

But after the register and reboot, it showed me kernel panic. I got the error information via -V option that is 'IOATABlockStrogeDriver: sCompleteZeroBlockTransfer - WARRING: completing a zero block transfer'.

Is there anyone met the same situation before. Great thanks. :(

BTW, I can login in the Safe mode.