Acer Laptop users (Intel).

Detosx

572 posts in this topic

hey - what the heck you´re tryin to say? i dunno why you now edit your post and turn it {censored} this brainless way. if you like runnin vista / xp on your notebook - join another forum and stay with the ppl who don´t think open minded. use windows and do it professional. this machine is very tight for mac os x - i´m into the scene for long time now (not only here). nice - you got a mac mini - core solo? wow - must be a great performance boost! if you´re into hardware stuff - you´ll see that apple is great - but all they do is building PCs since they switched to intel. it´s like bull{censored}ting the world with design. a mac WAS something great. NOW the OS is GREAT. i dont steal it cause i use real macs. but the hackintosh i build blows every imac on the market for quater the price. and i payed the license for the os. i´m kinda oldschool PC/MAC guy and believe me - and i love apple. but they lost it all since they just sell designed legacy pc hardware overpriced. i´m so pissed about you, cause you do propaganda stuff. it IS a hobby to run osx on different hardware - i agree. but you try to manipulate ppl to run vista in HERE. go f*ck off.

Hey Acer users.

The first thing, i'm bad to english, but i will try the best i can.

I have trying to install iATKOS on my laptop. But the Sound and Wireless network dossen't work.

This is a Aver TravelMate 5320, with these specs:

COMMING SOON

I hope you can help me, with which drivers i am going to use.

Thanks, by Exetico. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Comotron? insanelymac is full of threads and posts about dual booting with XP or Vista and using virtualization software, some find that useful.

Someone posted questions about a laptop that, at the time, wouldn't run OS X because of an incompatible graphics chip, so I told him that he could either take the laptop back to the store or that he could use Vista which it came installed with and that I feel that Vista isn't awful; his laptop was powerful enough to run it. If you are saying don't virtualize XP or Vista on a laptop that uses a Celeron processor? that is a different matter and a constructive point. Another option IS to buy a Mac. Mac hardware isn't special, I am a computer tech and know that, but the aesthetics of Apple design IS and that is where our money goes and, in the case of laptops, much longer battery life. If you are saying you want Apple to lower their prices, who doesn't agree with that? :wacko:

Hello Acer users,

I am turning specially to Acer Extensa 5220 users.

Have you tried the 10.5.6 Apple update?

There are steps to be done before installing it.

See:

http://netkas.org/?p=78

http://netkas.org/?p=74 (PCEFI V9, updated by netkas)

and

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=141117&hl=

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1093&st=180

(post #182)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1093&st=260

(post #279)

More help:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/

http://leo4all.com/topics/apple-news/

http://leo4all.com/2008/12/13/pcwiz-launches-3-new-apps/

So it seems, that the steps are the following ones:

1. install PC_EFI_V9

2. install DSDT Patcher

3. install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from 10.5.5 combo update,

4. install IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext to /Extra/Extensions folderDisabler.kext in order to not get kernel panics

5. install Apple 10.5.6 Update

bozon42

PS: So far I have not tried...:-)

Acer Extensa 4620

I have an Acer Extensa 4620z laptop, 2gig mem, 160gb HD, intel GMA 3100 graphics, Broadcom WiFi, Intel HDA audio, iDeneb 10.5.5

This hackintosh is close to working perfectly.

Intel Graphics: working perfectly with full acceleration including quartz

Intel HDA Sound: Built in speakers and Headphones out w/ switching, built in mic works, volume control works, mute does not work, all else is untested

Broadcom Wireless: works perfect

Broadcom Ethernet: NOT WORKING (I never use it so I don't care)

Crystal Eye Camera: Works perfect

Firewire: looks like it's working, haven't tested it

USB: perfect

It took a few tries to get it, but here is how I did it.

Intstall vanilla kernel. When you customize the install, the only driver you should check is Broadcom wireless. all the rest of the vanilla drivers work best. I think I selected the AGP driver but whatever you do, DO NOT select ANY video drivers! THIS REALLY HOSES THIGS UP!

Ok, now when you reboot, almost everything is already working! all you will need is sound. After numerous attepts I found this thread which guided me to a working setup. DO NOT use the installers, the don't work. I posted a reply with instructions on how to get it working, follow these instructions.

To get your CD burner working with Disk Utility you will need to make any part of this folder tree that is not already there. For a global install you need:

/Library/DiskRecording/DeviceProfiles

for a user only install:

~/Library/DiskRecording/DeviceProfiles

to install unzip and copy the attached device profile to the DeviceProfiles folder. you may need to reboot.

GSAT20N.drprofile.zip

I have a very stable and usable computer. I am stoked!

For fair play I will list downsides:

No Ethernet, I did get it working at one point but it broke my wifi... I need that more, so I reinstalled Wifi

No Mute button

No fancy trackpad gestures (2 finger scrolling etc.)

No IR (haven't tried very hard though)

No 5-in-1 card reader support (not yet anyway, I haven't tried too hard)

If you have any questions, PM me.

I have done all this and i still cant get it to boot up without the DVD and i cant seem to get the CD burner to work. Need help desperately!

Can't seem to get the right custom settings...Kalyway or iAtkos, same result: freeze on the gray apple screen after installation restart. I have used it via VMWare but it is incredibly slow.....

Acer Aspire AS5730-4163

Part# LX.AUE0X.180

Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 / 2 GHz 64-bit processor

Data bus speed: 667 MHz

Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset

1 MB L2 cache

4GB DDR2 SDRAM SO DIMM 200-pin

Storage controller type: Serial ATA

Storage Controller / Serial ATA Interface: Serial ATA-150

Hard Drive: 320 GB - Serial ATA-150

DVD±RW / DVD-RAM - Integrated

Intel GMA 4500MHD Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0

15.4 in TFT active matrix

Max Resolution: 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

24-bit (16.7 million colors)

Wireless NIC: Acer InviLink Nplify

Data link protocol: Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Fast

Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11n (draft)

Networking standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED,

IEEE 802.11n (draft)

<script>

I have done all this and i still cant get it to boot up without the DVD and i cant seem to get the CD burner to work. Need help desperately!

try installing chamaleon

or easybcd if you still have vista

or edit grub if you have linux in three lines:

root hdX,Y (your OSX partition)

chainloader +1

boot

try installing chamaleon

or easybcd if you still have vista

or edit grub if you have linux in three lines:

root hdX,Y (your OSX partition)

chainloader +1

boot

Thanks Phoenix i got the laptop to boot up through another method. I still cant get the laptop to read cds/dvds. This is all i need to be successful with ideneb. Any ideas anyone?

Hi bozon42, nice post. I have yet to 10.5.6. I am curious to know how well it works with Voodoo kernel, which requires Chameleon in my setup or it runs very fast. At the moment I am going to hold off, perhaps wait until Mysticus C* releases an 10.5.6 update package. Everything is running smoothly under 10.5.5, ideneb, though I haven't found a way to get the Texas Instruments SD card reader to work, yet.

Can't seem to get the right custom settings...Kalyway or iAtkos, same result: freeze on the gray apple screen after installation restart. I have used it via VMWare but it is incredibly slow.....

Acer Aspire AS5730-4163

Part# LX.AUE0X.180

Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 / 2 GHz 64-bit processor

Data bus speed: 667 MHz

Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset

1 MB L2 cache

4GB DDR2 SDRAM SO DIMM 200-pin

Storage controller type: Serial ATA

Storage Controller / Serial ATA Interface: Serial ATA-150

Hard Drive: 320 GB - Serial ATA-150

DVD±RW / DVD-RAM - Integrated

Intel GMA 4500MHD Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0

15.4 in TFT active matrix

Max Resolution: 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

24-bit (16.7 million colors)

Wireless NIC: Acer InviLink Nplify

Data link protocol: Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Fast

Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11n (draft)

Networking standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED,

IEEE 802.11n (draft)

<script>

Never say never but, as far I am aware, the Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics chip isn't supported.

Hi bozon42, nice post. I have yet to 10.5.6. I am curious to know how well it works with Voodoo kernel, which requires Chameleon in my setup or it runs very fast. At the moment I am going to hold off, perhaps wait until Mysticus C* releases an 10.5.6 update package. Everything is running smoothly under 10.5.5, ideneb, though I haven't found a way to get the Texas Instruments SD card reader to work, yet.

Hello Detosx,

I am also in a waiting position, gathering info from other's experience.

And of course need time to perform my try...

Regards,

bozon42

Well i have tried installing Mac OS X 10.5.2 with a image called I portable on my Acer TravelMate 4062WLMI and it WORKS!

The things i had to do was installing the right drivers and use the 1-wire trick. QE and the other thing works like a charm.

The wireless and sound doesn't work, and i need that very much so if you can help me please tell me! ;)

It tells me that i can use some sort of audio Called "HD Audio Output", but i hear nothing.

Spec:

CPU: Intel Pentium M 740 1.73 GHz

Motherboard: Have no idea D:

GPU: Intel GMA900

Ram: 512mb

Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

Audio: Sound Blaster Pro

Well i have tried installing Mac OS X 10.5.2 with a image called I portable on my Acer TravelMate 4062WLMI and it WORKS!

The things i had to do was installing the right drivers and use the 1-wire trick. QE and the other thing works like a charm.

The wireless and sound doesn't work, and i need that very much so if you can help me please tell me! ;)

It tells me that i can use some sort of audio Called "HD Audio Output", but i hear nothing.

Spec:

CPU: Intel Pentium M 740 1.73 GHz

Motherboard: Have no idea D:

GPU: Intel GMA900

Ram: 512mb

Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

Audio: Sound Blaster Pro

I drew a blank on your wireless, found an IBM with the same card and the guy gave up and replaced it. In my case, a broadcom4311 bought from a dealer in Honk Kong on ebay worked perfectly and cost just £7. They can be fiddly to fit, though, by which I mean the antenna clips. Your audio is ALC260 and should work, though not through headphones and mic, with the generic Azelia kext, or did in Tiger as far as I can see. Your plan B would be to use a USB sound card. I use a Creative XFI, though that is needlessly expensive. Not all Creative USB soundcards work. Search around the forum for a USB card that does, they are usually very cheap and, in my case, work without a driver. If your laptop allows, upgrade the memory to 1GB. Leopards sweet spot seems to be 2GB, where I can confirm the leap in speed from 1GB, especially when installing, is not insignificant.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4890&st=140 post147 might be a help with the ALC260, though the IBM model may have different vendor IDs from your Acer. Might be worth a try.

Guys, what distrib should i use to get mac working?

Acer Extensa 5620

Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz (T5750)

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT

The problem's in video card. i've been trying to install Kalyway, iAtkos, iDeneb distribs, but when the install finished, the OS wouldn't start. My screen is gray covered with some noise(after Apple logo).

Please help!

best regards, N1ght

Guys, what distrib should i use to get mac working?

Acer Extensa 5620

Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz (T5750)

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT

The problem's in video card. i've been trying to install Kalyway, iAtkos, iDeneb distribs, but when the install finished, the OS wouldn't start. My screen is gray covered with some noise(after Apple logo).

Please help!

best regards, N1ght

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/ind...07526-1050.html - see Giorgio-multi's post

Hopefully you can already boot your laptop into Safe mode - press F8 at boot and type in -x -v and then press enter/return key.

My advice would be always to send a friendly message to the person who posted a solution, they might be able to troubleshoot with your particular configuration. I think your laptop is a 5620z.

EDIT:- If you really want to start from scratch, try http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142502 - the installer has an option for 2400 XT.

Hello Fellow Forum Users,

I have an acer extensa 5620z with foll specs

CPU - Intel Pentium Dual-Core (recognized as Core 2 Duo) T2310 1.6 GHz

RAM - 1 GB

Chipset - Intel 965M Conroe

GPU - Intel GMA X3100

Audio - Realtek HD Audio ALC-268

HDD - Hitachi 120 GB SATA

DVD - Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P

PCMCIA - Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

Wi-Fi - Broadcom 802.11g

CardReader - Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 successfully. It's didn't give me any prob during installation.I have Bluetooth,USB ports & display working properly. What is not working is my Ethernet,wi-fi & webcam.

My ethernet Device id

Broadcom Netlink ™ Gigabit Ethernet

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1693&SUBSYS_011C1025&REV_02\4&23F5EDAD&O&00E0

& wi-fi is

ATHEROS AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter

Can anybody please help me with my Ethernet issue ???

Thanks for all the useful posts.

Hello Fellow Forum Users,

I have an acer extensa 5620z with foll specs

CPU - Intel Pentium Dual-Core (recognized as Core 2 Duo) T2310 1.6 GHz

RAM - 1 GB

Chipset - Intel 965M Conroe

GPU - Intel GMA X3100

Audio - Realtek HD Audio ALC-268

HDD - Hitachi 120 GB SATA

DVD - Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P

PCMCIA - Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

Wi-Fi - Broadcom 802.11g

CardReader - Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 successfully. It's didn't give me any prob during installation.I have Bluetooth,USB ports & display working properly. What is not working is my Ethernet,wi-fi & webcam.

My ethernet Device id

Broadcom Netlink ™ Gigabit Ethernet

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1693&SUBSYS_011C1025&REV_02\4&23F5EDAD&O&00E0

& wi-fi is

ATHEROS AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter

Can anybody please help me with my Ethernet issue ???

Thanks for all the useful posts.

Assuming your ethernet is the same as the one in my Extensa 5620, see my post number 289 for Ethernet.

There are several threads now on the forum about the AHEROS AR5007EG; it's a bit fiddly by the looks of it but very do-able. However, at the time that I read about it, I had already ordered a BRCM 4311 card to replace the AR5007EG. Use a search engine to search, just type insanelymac and AR5007EG into the search line.

Your webcam might or might not work with an application called Cam Twist, though there were some reports that post 10.5.4 it stopped working for OSX86 users. The webcam is pretty miserable quality so I'm not sure it's any great loss to you if it doesn't work!

hey, acer guys. i've got a problem installing ideneb v1.3 10.5.5, and i really need your help. mine laptop is

acer 3686. welcome screen again and again, ethernet card problem?

mine ethernet card is marvell yukon 88e8038

Perhaps go with your hunch and try installing again without any ethernet options ticked, if you haven't tried already. Also, did you select intel GMA950 as your graphics chip? I can find only one reference to that model of laptop on a Taiwanese website, so I could be in error on the specification but it is helpful to others if you list it. You could try booting up in safe mode, which is to say press F8 when booting from the hard drive and then type -x -v and then press enter/return. There are a number of different GMA-950 installer and kext packages floating around, so if you are able to boot up in safe mode, you might try some of them. If I am right about your laptop using the GMA-950, use a search engine and use the terms GMA-950 and insanelymac.

Edit - If you did install GMA-950 and your problem doesn't relate to ethernet, try typing F8 at boot and then type cpus=1 You might find that gets you past your welcome screen loop.

I have everything working on this laptop except :

1. Sleep of any sort (deep sleep or otherwise).

2. Ability to upgrade to 10.5.6.

I do not care much about the upgrade right now, except that I need deep sleep to work.

hello to all. I own an Acer aspire 5673wlmi. Do you know whats the best way to boot mac os x on? with kalyway.leo4all,ideneb or something else? and the way to install please. thanks for everything :(