Acer Laptop users (Intel).

Detosx

572 posts in this topic

I have the 7720-6395 make sure the dvd is good burn the iso file at a slow speed, this was a big problem for me. my wlan does not work. ALC268_Installer2 has my sound working but no internet. I may try the usb wireless cards, I have read they work with no problem. I have installed Microsoft Office and Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash works well for me. Good luck with the install, if I can help please ask.Thanks for sharing your installation I installed the ALC268_Installer2 and now I have audio. thanks again

I'm having the hardest time getting iAtkos or Kalyway to boot after installation on my Acer AS7720-6395 laptop. I've tried a dozen different install methods but nothing. Everything will install but the computer will not boot after installation.

I just installed the new Kalyway. With this one you don't need an external monitor. Equally, don't select GMA X3100 - because for some reason it doesn't support Quartz (very jerky welcome video). The GMA X3100 works fine without it selected and faster still with the Leopard Graphics Update from Apple, if you subsequently download and install that. I went with the speedstep kernel, lastnetkassmbios, powermanagement bundle. Everything went smoothly until I found... usb doesn't work. It doesn't work with the usb patch option from the installer, either. Nor could I get modified usb kexts from 10.5.3 beta to work.

The good news is you can bootup using one of the many different kernels and, presumably, usb is going to work with one of them, or so I hear tell.

Good to have a working battery meter, fan activity isn't much if any less, though. I think I still need to enable speedstep by installing a speedstep application. Will keep you posted.

As usual, avoid the time machine update because it changes the kernel to 9.2.2

Hi,

Installation Done with Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD on ACER Aspire 5920g :

-CPU : Intel core2duo T7300

-RAM : 4Go XMS2 Corsair DDR2

-Optical Drive : Combo DVD-RAM Sata 2 (working)

-HDD : Hitachi 250Go Sata 2 (Working)

-Motherboard Chipset : Intel ICH8/82801 (working)

-VGA : GeForce 8600M GS (working with an external NVinject driver, kernel panic if using driver on DVD)

-IEEE1384 : Ricoh OHCI (working)

-Lan : Broadcom Netlink Gigabit (not working)

-Wlan : Intel pro/Wireless 3945ABG (not working, a WIP driver exist, no connexion possible but device detected with the driver)

-RICOH Integrated SD card Reader (not working)

-Dual boot Ubuntu 8.04/Leopard (working with pc_efi 8.0)

-USB 2.0 (working using USBPCGen driver)

No a bad score at all :P

Now all I have to do is waiting for the wifi driver, good job Kalyway :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input :) The problem turned out to be due to using netkas's modified Applesmbios.kext. Not selecting that during the install process gave me a working keyboard.For those wondering, Leopard runs faster than Vista on this basic dual core laptop - Acer Aspire 4720Z - though it does only have one gigabyte of memory and it is possible to skinny Vista down so that it runs almost as fast. That said, it takes hours and lots of background reading in order to do so. If I could just... cut out... a few... more...services... I can't quit Vista yet until I get the wifi working, which it would seem is not yet possible.
To get WiFi working, replace the card. They are inexpensive, and not hard to change. That is what I did. Intel does not work. I bought a Broadcom from eBay. Worked great (see signature).
i forgot if i posted before...but i have an acer Aspire 3690works with kaly 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 but needed to fix the driver for the LAN after the update,wifi and sleep both work...amazingly it was my first installation and went perfectly.the driver is here
I love your windoze/apple logo. Can I get it?

Installation: Leo4All on Acer Aspire 5720ZG:

-CPU : Intel Dual Core

-RAM : Kingston 2 GB

-Optical Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17RS:)

-HDD : Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00:

-VGA : GeForce 8400M GS 256 MB

-IEEE1384 : Ricoh OHCI (working)

-Lan : Broadcom Netlink Gigabit (not working)

-Wlan : ATHEROS 5007EG (not working)

-RICOH Integrated SD card Reader (not working)

-Suyin Webcam - working

-Blootooth - working

I use TP-LINK USB Wifi 4 internet connection. And I have battery indicator but no shutdown and no sleep.

Installation: Leo4All on Acer Aspire 5720ZG:-CPU : Intel Dual Core-RAM : Kingston 2 GB-Optical Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17RS:)-HDD : Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00:-VGA : GeForce 8400M GS 256 MB-IEEE1384 : Ricoh OHCI (working)-Lan : Broadcom Netlink Gigabit (not working)-Wlan : ATHEROS 5007EG (not working)-RICOH Integrated SD card Reader (not working)-Suyin Webcam - working-Blootooth - workingI use TP-LINK USB Wifi 4 internet connection. And I have battery indicator but no shutdown and no sleep.
Hi spoom. Your webcam is working? With Photo Booth? Is it a Crystalcam? How did you get it working?
You need a 9.2.2 kernel + fix, redo permissions
I need a speedstep kernel, though. I do use this laptop on battery. The alternative is to resort to Vista, which is okay, I guess, but...!

Detosxmrl3ig65 - be aware that you can have headphones/speakers/mic working on that laptop using Taruga's ALC268/AppleHDA patch - but it kills complete Shutdown - the screen goes black and you think it's off but it isn't (fortunately the 4720z has a great big power button that is hard to overlook; it remains illuminated though the screen goes black) which is kind of ******** serious on a laptop! I have read that Netkas' 9.2.2 Shutdown kernel doesn't fix Shutdown but I will try for myself. I would suggest getting a USB sound card, they are very cheap but make sure you buy a compatible one. If you just want sound from the speakers, the Azilla (spelling?) one in the iATKOS setup will give you that.
hey Detosx yea i did see that the laptop would not shutdown i guess it was one of the odd things that i leaned to live with but i was reading up on Netkas' 9.2.2 and other kernels and well i was asking if its a good idea to update ( i am runing 10.5.0) eveything is working i guess the question i sould be asking is. is it worth updating to the new 10.5.3?
Detosxmrl3ig65 - be aware that you can have headphones/speakers/mic working on that laptop using Taruga's ALC268/AppleHDA patch - but it kills complete Shutdown - the screen goes black and you think it's off but it isn't (fortunately the 4720z has a great big power button that is hard to overlook; it remains illuminated though the screen goes black) which is kind of ******** serious on a laptop! I have read that Netkas' 9.2.2 Shutdown kernel doesn't fix Shutdown but I will try for myself. I would suggest getting a USB sound card, they are very cheap but make sure you buy a compatible one. If you just want sound from the speakers, the Azilla (spelling?) one in the iATKOS setup will give you that.
hey Detosx yea i did see that the laptop would not shutdown i guess it was one of the odd things that i leaned to live with but i was reading up on Netkas' 9.2.2 and other kernels and well i was asking if its a good idea to update ( i am runing 10.5.0) eveything is working i guess the question i sould be asking is. is it worth updating to the new 10.5.3?

hey Detosx yea i did see that the laptop would not shutdown i guess it was one of the odd things that i leaned to live with but i was reading up on Netkas' 9.2.2 and other kernels and well i was asking if its a good idea to update ( i am runing 10.5.0) eveything is working i guess the question i sould be asking is. is it worth updating to the new 10.5.3?hey Detosx yea i did see that the laptop would not shutdown i guess it was one of the odd things that i leaned to live with but i was reading up on Netkas' 9.2.2 and other kernels and well i was asking if its a good idea to update ( i am runing 10.5.0) eveything is working i guess the question i sould be asking is. is it worth updating to the new 10.5.3?
10.5.2 is noticeably faster, first time I have noticed a real speed increase in a while, so yes. Not having shutdown is a disaster too far, for me, though that's not the reason I am using the 9.2.0 speedstep kernel (it's supposed to address shutdown/startup issues - though it makes no difference if you have installed Taruga's ALC628 patcher and AppleHDA.kext - these give you working sound but kill shutdown - which could kill your laptop if screen goes black and you mistakenly think the laptop is fully shutdown; it isn't, the fan comes on periodically and if you shove it a sweater to keep it from being scratched, or whatever, and the put that in a carry bag... you could fry your laptop. I have a dead HP laptop to show for that so... Don't do it, guys! Get a USB sound card, it's small and cheap and the sound is amazing.

Took a bit of detective work but finally I have Kalyway's new 10.5.2 DVD install working with 9.2.0 Speedstep kernel and working USB.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=95789&st=0

It's not in any way hard, though cudos to ipoz for his efforts and tutorial. :)

edit - in the end usb was just too flakey and I moved to Leo4allv3, which doesn't have usb mounting problems for anyone as far as I am aware.

Today I am trying out the JAS 10.5.2 beta. Those who know JAS know he has been around since the very beginning, long before Kalyway and iATKOS!

The settings I selected were:-

additional fonts

jas 10.5.2

Leopard graphics update

Applesmbios

intel ich8 and ich9 controller

'kernel' - selecting this gives you the speedstep/shutdown kernel - keen to see if USB works!

pc efi mbr

'post install optimization'

There are a host of other options but I'm trying a stripped back install to see how it goes. Not sure I needed to select ich8/9 controller but in the case of the 4720z it's ich8B.

Okay, that's quite enough fun for one afternoon! The keyboard and trackpad weren't recognized. I imagine that's down to not having selected the modified appleps2controller. I will try again at a later date.

hi im new and want to try this out i have a acer 5570-2977 and i cannot find any stories about this laptop

it has the P dual core t2080, Intel 950 graphics, atheros ar5007eg wireless.

I have a couple versions of osx kalyway 10.5.1 and iatkos v 1.0i R2

has anyone tried these? which should i try, from what i read kalway seems to be better

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, new here..

I have an Acer Aspire 5672WLMi which has a Core Duo T2300, an Intel chipset, and an X1600 Mobility. Unfortunately, I'm having nothing but problems with Leopard. With Kalyway, I can install it (have to use cpus=1 though), but when I try to boot up, even if I try boot -x for safe mode, the startup stalls and the grey cog/wheel stops spinning. I have to hard reset. I just downloaded iATKOS and am trying that.

Anyone else had the problem with Kalyway, or better yet, anyone else have this model?

BTW, I am using a freshly formatted drive with a MBR partition running Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Thanks,

Chris

I was having the same problem iATKOS.....I have the same laptop. I was able to work around this by including the kernel flag "idlehalt=0" (without the quotation marks) as a boot option.

Hope this helps

KJ

2) If you don't like what the good Mr. Kalyway has done with the appearance of Leopard, you have to download and install a package to revert it back to what Leopard was meant to look like.

What is a difference between Kalyway distribution and a normal Leopard? And where I can find this package?

I hve done installing iATKOS v1.0i wit vanilla kernel. My laptop model is Aspire 5541ANWXCi wit Intel chipset. All devices is working fine except wlan which is Intel one. Sleep go very well. juz sometimes the shortcut key on keyboard not functioning.

What is a difference between Kalyway distribution and a normal Leopard? And where I can find this package?
The brand new version of Kalyway comes unmodified from the original Leopard. I was referring to the previoius Kalyway release of which there is a thread on this forum and on the first page Kalyway gives a link to return said older version of Kalyway back to the default Leopard appearance. The latest Kalyway causes USB problems with some Acer laptops; you might want to Leo4allV3 or iATKOS.

My final distros of choice for my Acer 5620 and Acer 4720z are:-

iATKOS 10.5.1, which I have on one partition - you can use the previously mentioned Taruga/applehda.kext combo on this one without killing shutdown (though it does very occassionaly fail to shutdown - this does not work at all with 10.5.2.). Full sound and a working shutdown. That was a holy grail for me - speedstep and battery meter and working sound and shutdown.

On the second partition I have Leo4allv3 - speedstep. I use this as my desktop replacement with a creative xmod usb sound card. Wifi works using a Sweex usb wifi dongle, as referred to elsewhere in this thread.

I have two Leopard partitions so that if one breaks I repair it via the other.

Problems I am having at the moment are it can take a couple or more attempts to successfully boot and occasionally the keyboard isn't recognized. As few if anyone else is reporting said problem I think it may be due to having Leopard on two partitions confusing Darwin boot manager.

bump
Sorry, Pete7000, I don't know. The obvious next question perhaps is did it do the same with Vista? Do you still have Vista as a partition and can check? Otherwise I would google it.

Hey guys! About a month ago I decided to make my Acer Extensa 4620z into a Hackintosh. This Acer thread is were I got all my info on how to make it possible.

Heres what I did:

I used iAtkos v1.0 r2 (used minimal settings, darwin 86 bootloader)

Then installed the Kalway 10.5.2 update

Then PCCard 10.5.2 beta

This Is all I needed to get a fairly well working laptop.

Only a few things don't work:

Trackpad scrolling

Headphone input

s-video

sd card

sleep

Here's a video of my Acer Extensa 4620z

Thanks for all of your guys help!

Hey all,

I managed to get my Acer 3680 works:

Formatted using GUID, used EFI-V8

Installed using Brazilmac

Upgrade to 10.5.2

Currently using vanilla kernel, vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Patched kext:

AppleSMBIOS.kext: mac.nub version

dsmos.kext: as usual

IO8211Family.kext: used old version, add dev-id on AirportAtheros5424.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext: Chun-nan version to enable my ethernet

IONetworkingFamily.kext: edit plist to add my dev-id to AppleYukon2.kext

ACPIPS2Nub.kext: Enable my PS2 Keyboard and Mouse, make sure plist have same version with AppleACPIPlatform.kext

IOPCCardFamily.kext: To enable PCCard - not tested

AppleLPC.kext: Southbridge support

AppleHDA.kext: Taruga patcher failed, got it working from some older AppleHDA.kext found in this forum

Natit.kext: Intel GMA 950, haven't got time to do efi string yet, QE/CI working, resolution change working

Powermanagement.bundle: to enable battery meter and power saving preference

Added plugins to AppleACPIPlatform.kext: AppleACPIPowerSource.kext, AppleACPIThermal.kext

So far everything seems to be working, sleep and restart is working well, but shutdown is not working

Sleep only works if I turn of Airport before sleeping, if not sleep will not wake up properly, and Airport will have problems to turn on after that (HAL 13 error etc)

Dual Boot with Vista on same HD, had to use Vista bootloader to make sure *ehem* Vista works properly

Used easyBCD, added entry to vista bootloader, add a Mac OS -> iMac/iBook and use the boot0-file instead of boot.efi

Thanks everyone from this thread!!!

;):D

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and the world of hackintosh.

I succesfuly installed ToH 10.5.1 on my desktop pc, but after complaint and complaint from the parents reluctently went back to XP.

I now have an Acer Aspire 5715z, I have been trying to install Leopard all day, i have tried kalyway 10.5.2, but once im erasing the partition it just seems to crash when preparing to erase? After experience with ToH i thought i would dig out the disk and go for that, but that sticks just after the kext's load and the framework begins to load, i dont even get to the install pages.

Chances are i have missed something out here just can't see it.

I have searched google for help and searched this forum, and came across this thread, so i thought someone in here may know what to do.

Thank you in Advance

Michael

When I installed IAKTOS perfectly and restarted my computer, I got the infinite BOOT MOVIE, so i tried to do the -S command during bootup and create the user manually. However, it says that my disk is write locked? Anyone know how to fix this? THANKS!!!!!

Acer Aspire 4720z