KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

I installed kaly 10.5.2 update and the new kernel. I cant VNC anymore, I get "press the power button to restart message". Anybody getting this?

I don't know about a third party VNC application, but I've been able to use Apple Remote Desktop ("Screen Sharing") with my MacBook and my Hackintosh, no problems. About a third party app, no idea. Check that you haven't blocked any ports or anything like that in the Hack's firewall or something like that, but I really don't know what to tell you.

Since the newbs keep posting the same repeated questions, I am going to just keep posting this... hmm maybe write a script to do it 2x a day :D

I think all the newbs that post inane and repetitive posts to this thread cause all those with knowledge to stay away. Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search) :D

a) can i run this on X computer/motherboard/cpu

b ) how do i dual boot

c) what's a -v

d) It won't boot without the DVD in the drive.

e) What do I do??

Guys & girls, if you want to try to run OS X on your non-apple hardware you need to make some effort to learn how OSx86 works. Everyone who is knowledgeable spends lots of time READING these forums.

If you can't learn how to use a computer in an advanced way, or at least make SOME effort to do this, go buy a Mac. Seriously, OSx86 is NOT for the amateur computer user.

Since the newbs keep posting the same repeated questions, I am going to just keep posting this... hmm maybe write a script to do it 2x a day :P

I think all the newbs that post inane and repetitive posts to this thread cause all those with knowledge to stay away. Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search) :rolleyes:

a) can i run this on X computer/motherboard/cpu

b ) how do i dual boot

c) what's a -v

d) It won't boot without the DVD in the drive.

e) What do I do??

Guys & girls, if you want to try to run OS X on your non-apple hardware you need to make some effort to learn how OSx86 works. Everyone who is knowledgeable spends lots of time READING these forums.

If you can't learn how to use a computer in an advanced way, or at least make SOME effort to do this, go buy a Mac. Seriously, OSx86 is NOT for the amateur computer user.

Or MAYBE some of you with more knowledge on certain subjects could point those of us who are less familiar with some things at LEAST in the right direction, if not helping us with our problems. I know I for one have done searches within the forums for answers to my questions, and have found none. Hence, me actually posting. For the record, no one has even responded to my questions about the problems I am encountering. And yes, I have 3 succeful installs of hackintosh on 3 different machines of the JAS 10.4.8.

Thanks.

I have a asus motherboard p5pl2 p-4 3.4ghz HT video card geforce 6600 everthing works fine but i get no audio can someone help me i update to 10.5.2 but still no audio

can someone help please also when i try to do bootcamp says boot rom needs to be update

Or MAYBE some of you with more knowledge on certain subjects could point those of us who are less familiar with some things at LEAST in the right direction, if not helping us with our problems. I know I for one have done searches within the forums for answers to my questions, and have found none. Hence, me actually posting. For the record, no one has even responded to my questions about the problems I am encountering. And yes, I have 3 succeful installs of hackintosh on 3 different machines of the JAS 10.4.8.Thanks.

Sounds like you should be able to help a lot of people with all that great experience! Welcome! :P

anyway, the real problem is that the forum software functionality is lousy.It should have a user editable second post so we could create FAQs at the top of the thread

Running Dell Vostro 400 -- as stated on the compatibility list, it should be working. I got it to go through the installation process. Rebooted and booted on the DVD again without pressing any key or te F8 key. Goes through the Apple animation (the space one) then this:

1- Before you beging (telling me keyboard isn't being detected) - Clicked on OK

2- Pressed Z then / (running the standard dell usb keyboard and mouse) -- tells me closest is the ANSI Us and other 101 or 102 keyboard..

3- Clicked Continue

4- No asking me for country region (tied US and Canada) - pressed continue

5- Select your keyboard -- I get to chose between US and canadian english

6- Selected Canadian English -- pressed continue

7- Do you already own a mac? -- i selected "Do not transfer my information now

8- Pressed Continue -- after maybe 30-40 seconds, it loops back to the Apple animation then back to Step 1..

Anyone know what's going on?

I plugged my G15 Logitech keyboard to see if it was the keyboard causing it to loop and no go...Please help

i forgot to add the system spec

Intel® Core™2 Duo Proc E6550

2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz - 2DIMMs

Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x (DVD+/-RW) Burner

500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT

:censored2:

Here we go again guys,

I have been "attempting" a successful install for a week now(5 business days) and have run into a dead-end everytime. I downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.1(iso) and got it on a DVD right away hoping to get out of my JaS 10.4.8 nightmare that has turned out to be a living hell on my "good" system(stats in sig).

Here is my "detailed" current setup:

Gigabyte 965P-S3 rev 1.0 (BIOS F13I/1-24-08)

Pentium D 930 3.0Ghz, OC'd @ 3.57Ghz

3GB Mushkin DDR2 800(2x512, 2x1g)

NEC DVD +/-RW, +/-DL(PATA)

300GB Western Digital(PATA), 200GB Seagate(PATA), 100GB Fujitsu(SATA, DEAD)

My mobo has 6 SATAII ports on it and 1 IDE channel(2 devices)

Unfortunately from what I have read in the forums and on the net over the past week, Leopard does not enjoy having to use PATA devices. This might be my problem, but this is all I have at the moment seeing that all my "good" hardware is craping out on me.

I successfully boot from the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD and press "F8" to get to my boot options, I enter "-v" to make sure if I have a problem I know what the hell is going on.

I sit for about 5 minutes just watching Apple screipts and kexts fly all over the place and finally get to a dead end. All of your advice and support is welcome. <Look Below>

-

NVDANV10HAL loaded and registered

NVDA:: probe(display)

NVDA:: start(display)

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and Description contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

-

^ this is as far as I have gone with 10.5.1 guys. No matter how I set my bios/hardware/etc I get this each and everytime. If I do not "-v" and boot in GUI mode I get up to the first apple screen with the turning loader at the bottom and then after 5 minutes I get a dialog box with 3 languages in it saying: " You need to restart your computer... ".

I have found a way to work around the (PATA) Optical drive issue by using an external USB 2.0 housing, but all I have are (PATA) hard drives. :(

Please let me know if this was not enough info or I am just being a whiney little n00b. :)

Just to let you guys know, I have been using a Mac OS for quite some time. It all started back in the Pear-PC days when we were emulating a Mac with OS 9. (aghhh... The good ole days).

Hi,

I tried this version, uphuck 1.0 tiger, and iAktos 1.4r2. I can get tiger to boot the installation in vmware(after that cpu disabled error), but when i try to install it natively i get the error Apple.com.boot.plist not found. From what ive found this has something to do with Jmicron controllers?

Specs:

Asus P5B

C2D e4500

8600gt

hitachi sata HD

lite on IDE dvd burner

But i found something that you can remove ktexts or something(no idea what those are but ok :censored2: )? So is it possible to get this working with a sata jmicron dvd burner?

i read all 105 pages and no one ever posted the actual fix for the keyboard/transfer loop -- so if anyone know the actual fix, please post it? thanks!
have you got a network device enabled i had the loop untill i enabled my Ethernet on my mobo

just out of curiosity?

dose anyone know if there is a patch or tweeks that will improve ICH9R controller in AHCI mode performance.

as when i have installed both kalyway 10.5.1 and iATKOS 1.0ir2.

there performance feels sluggish for example loading ultrabeat patches in logic feels slower than my laptop.

any info greatly appreciated

thanks

UPDATE KALYWAY 10.5.1 (Vanilla Kernel, GUID, EFI) to 10.5.2 - HOWTO! (I posted this as a replay in another thread, but I thought someone might need this here, so here it goes)

Excuse me if I quote one of my favorite games of '07 here: "This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!"

Just to note, I've just updated using these instructions. No problems but a couple of points:

1. Installed the Combo file, repair permissions, restart.
  2. Bios screen, Apple. System restarts. Bios screen, Apple, screens power down....exactly 2 mins later power up, blue screen, system running.

at this point, my display settings had become default again - standard VGA 800x600. when i clicked on Detect displays, primary screen went blank and powered down, secondary was detected and displayed at full 1600x1200, but mouse appears to be frozen. Oops. Never mind. Hard restart and back to Bios screen, Apple, screens power down....exactly 2 mins later power up, blue screen, system running. Phew. Displays still default but I left them alone this time.

1. Install kernels.mpkg, choosing (in my case) Vanilla
  2. Wasn't prompted to reboot - installation complete only. So I rebooted via the Apple menu...
  3. Bios screen, Apple, straight to blue screen, lovely new 10.5.2 system, with my old display settings, all back to as it was!

Awesome job. Million thanks to all concerned.

You got it. Post 73 did the trick. I'll paste it here for other who have this issue. Thanks for the quick responce.

AHA!!! as it turns out the disk utility automatically makes a 200MB partition called EFI that is not shown in the graphic interface. upon playing with the fdisk in terminal i made the EFI partition the boot partition and BAM! everything works! well sort of. no more ./boot.plist error. now i'm getting a kernel panic but hell it's somewhere. much thanks to BlackCH and pilsator for the help. you guys rock. if anyone else is getting this problem the way i fixed it was opening terminal and using these commands

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk* (where * is the nujber of the hard disk)

update

f * (where * is the number of the efi partition)

w

q

(to find out which numbers to use in place of *'s)

diskutil list

how and where is this done? please help me

FIX FOR GRAPHICS "DOWNGRADE" BY APPLE

After the Kallyway 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 patched upgrade, a new Apple update appeared, one about graphics. I did the upgrade, rebooted, and all looked OK, but without even realizing I lost CI/QE

It seems that the /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext had been replaced (most likely by the Apple graphics update), and the device ID for my ThinkPad T60p graphics chip (FireGL v5200 a.k.a X1600) was lost!

You can test this by looking under System Profiler under Graphics/Displays and see if CI/QE are off, or by checking to see if the "ripple" effect of the gadgets is still present, or by trying a cool screen saver like the awesome "lotsawater" one. If the screen is white instead of seeing ripples, you need a fix.

If you are like me and you lost CI/QE then just edit the Info.plist file inside of ATIRadeonx1000.kext and add your device ID to the list in the <IOPCIMatch> section. Mine was 0x70C41002 and I left the others there.

Enjoy & Good Luck!

Hey guys Im kind of new here, but I was wondering if any of you can help me with my install of leopard. Here are my specs.

P5N-E SLI not running SLI

Instal Core 2 Duo 6850 3.0 ghrz

1 Nvidia 8500 GT 512mb

2.5gb or corsair ram

80gb IDE HDD

My problem is that I can't patch to get my cards supported. I just dont know how to do it. I would preferably not like to flash my cards. Is there any way I can update from the Kalway DVD. Again I have installed, but I get to the white Apple Screen, but then it asks me to restart. Any Help?

:D I'm sorry for posting this guys..but for the past one week i couldnt download the kalyway leopard torrent..it stays at 0.00KB and no download or upload.. plus the hash doesnt match...can some tell me where else i can grab the torrent file?

I used the following to download the torrent and all doesnt wanna download

1.http://www.torrentreactor.net

2. torrentz.com

I've tested a lot of torrents and the hash doesn't match with kaly's hash

Thanks for the help guys... :P

Btw, people who has downloaded the torrent.. please upload to the ration of 1:1 atleast.. this would help the community to grow and avoid question like mine to arise..thanks for your wonderfull contributions..