KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

yes it's a gma 950 issue on laptop ! install use old inteintegratedbuffer.kext that works but have minor glich ! if your not on a laptop you can try to restore original framebuffer of 10.5.1 ! but on laptop you will lose choice of resolution ! or maybe it will hang !

Hi, thanks for the response. It's a desktop and it's beginning to really annoy me. A quick question, how do I restore to original framebuffer of 10.5.1 ? <_<

Hi all,

I have previously got Kaly's release to work on my Dell XPS M1210, but now am running into issues getting it to work on my Dell Dimension 9200 desktop.

It installs without an issue, displays the welcome animation and then tells me my keyboard needs to be identified. Once I go through the keyboard identification, it loops back to the welcome animation again.

I've read 45 pages of posts but haven't seen a quick fix for this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Specs

Intel® Core2 Duo Processor E6400 (2.13GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)

2GB RAM

256MB PCIe x16 NVIDIA® GeForce® 7900GS w/TV-Out and Dual DVI

Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio

2 x 320GB SATA Drives

what's your ethernet chipset ? need to know for install additional driver to make it work !

hi,kaly

this is what i have info with cpu-z:

is this where the info will be?,, i just took some shots:

this pic are from vista,my other drive.

thanks

i have this program driver genius and it found that my ethernet driver it was old,,can you check this link in look in this folder if this is the right driver for my?

http://bosanci.org/documents/via_vt6105m_60.zip

post-183430-1202534781_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202534792_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202534801_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202534808_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202534817_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202534828_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202534839_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202535572_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202537018_thumb.jpg

Kalyway. Hi , I've been trying installing your distro on guid on my laptop in GUID. It works very well on MBR but it seems that my Aspire 7720G

will not boot from GPT. Someone told me to manually install EFI v8 but I think your DVD should be installing EFI , activating the partition and make the boot1h and boot0 entries. Am I right about that?

The only BIOS setting that I can change is the AHCI/IDE .

If MBR works , should it work on GUID as well?

Aspire 7720G , C2D T7500 2,2 MHZ , 2Gb RAM , 2 x 160Gb HDD.

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has experience getting the Asus P5K-Deluxe Wifi-AP board working with the Kaly release. I haven't started yet, but I want to know what to expect. I have looked in the Wiki and it only mentioned iAtkos and wasn't helpful (said many things were "untested"). Searching the forums has resulted in a lot of unrelated junk.

Things that are important to me to be working: at least one SATA port, sound, Firewire, USB, one network controller, my GF7950 graphics card

Things I couldn't care less about but would be bonuses: having both network controllers, having the WiFi on the board working, having all the SATA ports working, dual booting

Anyone have a similar configuration? I am running a Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz Conroe on this machine. TIA.

i just downloaded and burnt the copy of kalway and iam ready too install.i just have a couple questions on the custom install packages to use.here is my hardware:

model m/b: asus p4b-lx

chipset: i845

southbridge: 82801ba (ich2)

video card: ati raedon 9600 pro

sse2

from that hardware,what options should i click? here is a sample picture of what i was talking about.thanks

kalyway1051intelpc1gfc1.jpg

Hello everyone, I have just downloaded kalaway 10.5.1 and tried to install on my NB(Dell Latitude D600), but I have tried servel install option and here is the result.

select vanilla, fix, SSE2, EFI MBF - auto reboot after darwin/x86 booter

select vanilla, SSE2, EFI MBF - auto reboot after darwin/x86 booter

select SSE2, EFI MBF - kernel panic

doesn't anybody know the correct install option for installing kalaway 10.5.1 on my NB?

So nobody has any idea about my problem??

SATA DVD + SATA HDD on ICH9R & the only thing i get is "Still waiting for root device..."

it's really ridiculous cause i can see people who run this release on mainboards with ICH9R... :) but I couldn't find any answer for myself...

hi,kaly

this is what i have info with cpu-z:

is this where the info will be?,, i just took some shots:

this pic are from vista,my other drive.

thanks

i have this program driver genius and it found that my ethernet driver it was old,,can you check this link in look in this folder if this is the right driver for my?

http://bosanci.org/documents/via_vt6105m_60.zip

Use something like Everest (free version) to find out more about your system. Then look into into [How To] Solutions for Ethernet Problem. It looks like your card is the last one. But like I said, use everest first.

Hi, i have a problem during the installation, typing vanilla after f8 or without doesn't matter. The PC now already show this screen for 15 minutes:

The "loading circle" is still turning, but what does the bad sign in the middle should mean?

img_2082xzr.jpg

btw:

e6750

gigabyte ga-x38-dq6

4gb ram

HD3870

Hi all.

Can someone tell me how long takes the installation to complete (more or less)?

Because my Installation ended in less than 20 min. and it seems to fast to me.

However Leopard doesn't work. Endless loop at darwin bootloader

I've tried Guid and MBR

I've erased disk with 0

I've made partition active etc. etc.....

-v cpus=1 -x -f .....

nothing works.

I think i will try without vanilla kernel.

Question (I've been reading the forum for days trying to find the answer):

Can the Kalyway install DVD read/write SATA drives? I've been looking on the forums and it suggests it can, but then I see something about having to first format in FAT32, or that I have to make a 128GB or smaller first partition. So, I'm uncertain.

I want to install to a fresh HD. I finally got the right BIOS settings to get to the install screen (booting with -x and cpus=1 {disabled he second CPU in my BIOS}), but when I try to install it gives me an error saying it could not copy a file to the drive. When I try to partition it, it gives me an IO error. I'm assuming the SATA drives are read only, even though it says read/write in the Apple HD Utility.

I tried injecting a new AppleNForceATA.kext from Dec 31st into the Kalyway DVD, burned it and tried the install and I get the same error.

I'm currently DLing the Zephiroth DVD (It's going to take anywhere from another day to a few hours -- BT! =\ ), hoping this one has the right SATA drivers. I have a few other questions about if I have to install the NVInject drivers since I have a 8800GTS, and what sound and ethernet drivers I need to install/inject if any. If no one can help with that, I'll ask in the 680i topic, but I figured I need ot know about installing ot SATA first. If not, could I re-enable my FW (1394a) post and buy an external enclosure for it and try to install to that?

Big thanks to anyone that bothers to answer this.

Without vanilla I can boot to Leopard. but now I'm stuck at the keyboard/transfer loop...

I remember I've read something to do via the terminal, but i can find that post anywhere.

Anyone know which is the solution?

Use something like Everest (free version) to find out more about your system. Then look into into [How To] Solutions for Ethernet Problem. It looks like your card is the last one. But like I said, use everest first.

hi,mebster

i did check that everest program out,way better then cpu-z,

this is the chipset: via rahine II fast ethernet adapter,

i will look at the link"how to" to see if i can resolve this..

thanks

post-183430-1202586831_thumb.jpg

post-183430-1202587028_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

if i change my actual mobo asrock 775dual-vsta with one of asus P5W DH Deluxe , but keeping my Pentium D 2.68 Ghz , my HDD 80 GB IDE, my Ati Radeon 550X PCIE,DVD-RW IDE and 1 GB Ram , will i be able to run the kalyway 10.5.1 ?

I flashed the BiOS to 2403b (had 2302 final before), 0'd the sata harddrive again, installed with GUID.

Still black screen, although now I have a spinning beachball that I can move, plus the white outline arrow cursor in the upper left corner, with a black screen.

I've been stuck with this for days now, does nobody have a tip?

Without vanilla I can boot to Leopard. but now I'm stuck at the keyboard/transfer loop...

I remember I've read something to do via the terminal, but i can find that post anywhere.

Anyone know which is the solution?

I'm stuck there too, but I am using the Vanilla kernel. If you find out how to fix it please let me know :)

I am not sure any more. My machine is a Q6600 quad core. Even tho it says one cpu in the System Profiler, it does boot up much faster then my Core Duo laptop. But when I took a closer look into the IORegistryExploler, I saw this:

What bothers me is that only cpu1 has a brench to AppleACPICPU, the others don't. Also when I am running Cinebench, the rendering is actually slower then my Core Duo, (It might be my vid card since I don't have QE/CI working yet) so is it running all 4 cores or not?

Also in the cpuid.h file under kernel.framework, this processor is defined as unknown, would the kernel even recongnize it as four cores? Anyone have any idea? I also read some postings in this forum, someone else also has Q6600, can the Q6600 people tell me if your machine is using all 4 cores? If it doesn't, I would have to return the machine. Thanks

post-143707-1202603269_thumb.gif

post-143707-1202603289_thumb.gif

post-143707-1202603302_thumb.gif

post-143707-1202603313_thumb.gif

I am not sure any more. My machine is a Q6600 quad core. Even tho it says one cpu in the System Profiler, it does boot up much faster then my Core Duo laptop. But when I took a closer look into the IORegistryExploler, I saw this:

What bothers me is that only cpu1 has a brench to AppleACPICPU, the others don't. Also when I am running Cinebench, the rendering is actually slower then my Core Duo, (It might be my vid card since I don't have QE/CI working yet) so is it running all 4 cores or not?

Also in the cpuid.h file under kernel.framework, this processor is defined as unknown, would the kernel even recongnize it as four cores? Anyone have any idea? I also read some postings in this forum, someone else also has Q6600, can the Q6600 people tell me if your machine is using all 4 cores? If it doesn't, I would have to return the machine. Thanks

The unknown thing in "about this mac" is normal. In system profiler it should say

number of processors: 1

total number of cores: 4

Might be slightly different in English. You can also check in Activity Monitor; there should be 4 graphs in the CPU tab.