KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

System Profiler reports error and wrong processor speed

just re-installed Kaly 10.5.2 and everything works fine except that System Profiler reports my processor speed as 4ghz when in fact it is 3.6ghz (overclocked Q6600) it also tells me when it starts with Hardware highlighted that - "There was an error while gathering this information."

This all worked fine previously - the only change this time is a that I installed using GUID rather than MBR - might be irrelevant but it is the only difference in my config.

I think I have seen something about this on the forum before but I can't find it via a search.

Any ideas?

Well known issue. Restore the modified kexts that you should have backed up before the update. I think AppleSMBIOS.kext is the one that fixes this.

Hi all ,

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 running fine on my cp , but when i play avi or mpg movies, the motion is so slow , does this has a relation with graphics, coz im running in safe mode and haven't find any drivers for my Ati Radeon x550 Pcie yet

any ideas ?

I love my Hack, but it is now trashed. I updated to 10.5.2 via Software Update...and ka-blewie.

So I began using the 10.5.1 DVD to reconstruct but I keep getting the b0 error on boot up. Someone suggested I reload EFI but I thought EFI came installed on 10.5.1? Could someone explain and point me to a EFI re-install thread?

Also, do I need to reformat?

Please gawd help me...!!!

Lester

My system doesn't seem to be sleeping at all. Any idea where I would start to get this working?

It's a Intel i945G mobo with a GMA950 graphics card.

You can start with your video card. See if Display (in System Preferences) gives you only single available resolution. If it does, your video card prevents the system going to sleep. To fix that, you may want to use modified AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (in leopatch directory of BrazilMAC patch file). Good luck..

--S

P.S. But first check if Start screen saver (of Screen Saver in System Preferences) is set to Never.

I love my Hack, but it is now trashed. I updated to 10.5.2 via Software Update...and ka-blewie.

So I began using the 10.5.1 DVD to reconstruct but I keep getting the b0 error on boot up. Someone suggested I reload EFI but I thought EFI came installed on 10.5.1? Could someone explain and point me to a EFI re-install thread?

Also, do I need to reformat?

Please gawd help me...!!!

Lester

How about do a thread search on b0 errors? You should find, oh i don't know, a couple hundred posts on how to fix this issue etc.

Worse case you can also look at my signature.

Hi all ,

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 running fine on my cp , but when i play avi or mpg movies, the motion is so slow , does this has a relation with graphics, coz im running in safe mode and haven't find any drivers for my Ati Radeon x550 Pcie yet

any ideas ?

From what i know (which is not a whole lot :P ) it has everything to do with your graphics. You need to search for a driver for your card.

Hey, I've been trying to get this to work on my laptop for sometime now and it hasnt been able to work, it worked on my friends laptop though

Specs:

Intel Pentium M

Intel GMA 910

here are some details i got while i was in verbose mode

IOPCCardBridge:: start failed

Localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.systemstarter): Failed to count the number of files in "/system/library/startupitems": No such file or directory

mDNSResponder[48]: WARNING: sandbox_init error cannot apply named profile 'mdnsresponder' no such file or directory

Reportcrash[104]: mkdir() failed to create /library/logs with error: read only file system

kextd[47]: root file system is read only skipping kernel link data generation

then it goes syncing disks killing all processes then shuts down

Trying to install kalyway 10.5.1 dvd intel ss2 ss3 on:

Foxconn 671M

Intel core 2 duo 2.0

2X1 Gb Ram ddr 667

HDD 400gb SATA

nvidia gforce7200GS

In the vanilla kernell I always get reboot.

In the -v I get imput output error.

Theres an image if anyone can help.

Thanks.

post-187756-1203524243_thumb.jpeg

this ebios error is driving me crazy. doesnt matter how many times i re-burn, how many tyoes of media i use every time it shows same error. btw guyz, 1 thing. how do u make iso from the mac dvd?? caz my friend sent me a dvd which boots well but it shows still waiting for device as my mobo is via chipset based. so i ripped the dvd with nero and patched it my modified ktext. but it can be that my rip procedure wasnt good and so the iso is corrupted. isnt it?? so cud any1 plz tell me which software u sue to make the iso from dvd?? cheerz

:blowup:KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8

Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)

All IchX and Jmicron compatible !!!

but still problem with ide dvdrom on jmicron controller!

Read carefully !!!

screen1pf5.pngscreen2qr7.png

designed and repacked by KALYWAY!

additionnal scripting and customs drivers by DUNE !

you can try vanilla kernel at dvd boot ! just type vanilla after f8 !!!

you can use Diskutility to format the whole hd as you want ( guid or mbr)!

then select custom install !!!

this installer will set hd bootable for you !

just have to select boot guid or boot mbr depending on what partition map you have chosen before with diskutility

!

CAUTION for mbr choice: we advise you to use an empty disk but if you have no other choice than installing Leo on a disk where windows is already installed, you should be aware of that

the installer will active the leo partition, so to be able to boot again on your windows,

you should install a bootloader (eg. Grub) , or you can active back the windows partition with fdisk and

use chain0 (if your leo partition is under the 200gb of the HD).

FIXES include : x11 update (resolve issue wit gimp and some x11 app! ; directoryservices ; otools (resolve packages maker crashes)

Some drivers extras setting are present (Only select one driver for each section!! )

sleep kernel 9.1 install by default !

intel sse2 system

video drivers

audio drivers

network drivers

Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)

ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse) ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse)

bootloader guid or mbr

Additionnals applications !

fairmount (dvd decript that work with vlc)

VLC (video players for divx and various format)

perian codec for quicktime (divx and various unsupported quicktime formats)

Better zip (archive utility)

Pacifist (pkg extractor and installer)

kexthelper ( kext installer for noobz)

transmission ( light weight torrent client)

Google notifier (menubar notifier for your gmail account)

PPF-O-Matic ( utility for applying ppf patch)

stuffit expander ( for extract sit rar and zip archives)

Change finder ( make visible or invisible system files)

Colloquy (irc client)

Solarseek (soulseek client)

i have make a restore app !

for Restore_Factory_Desktop_finder_settings

Restore_Factory_Desktop_Finder_settings (default background,icons,dock)

for change orange colour in window finder! right click on orange colour then Show view options and select background white !! use by default !

new users accounts will be virgin ! CAN BE USED ON ALL 10.5.x DISTRO !!!

it's all !!

KALYWAY DVD DONATIONS (contribute to leo osx86 developpement dvd)

MD5 for KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1_intell_SSE2_SSE3.zip

aff692cfe4daaae471f528974f5bac07

MD5 for kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso

f8546bde2a5b3c7dff47f2aab31862a9

THANKS TO ALL OSX86 COMMUNITY and TEAM OF HACKINTOSH !!

IRC irc.osx86.hu #Kalyway.DVD

Specials thanks to netkas , def , turbo ; asap , jccool ,joblo,dan , rofl , joe75 , kabyl , Chiva4ry and all the others !!!

Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)

To Apple:

Think of this as of a demo version and as of a free marketing campaign. Therefore, let it be

ENJOY ! if you love MacOSX think to buy it !!!

This DVD should only be used to preview Mac OS X Leopard. If you really like Mac OS X Leopard and you want to use it,

you should get a real Mac. If buying a real Mac is too much, you can, at least, buy a license for Mac OS X Leopard.

Dear Kalyway (or anyone who could help me)

sorry before if i jumped into the wrong subject, because i cant fint the right subject. ;)

i'm newbie on os x86, i want badly to install mac on my laptop. but it always failed.

i'm quite confuse, how to explain what went wrong, as i know, when it ask me to choose press enter or press f8 for advance menu, then i pressed enter, and after it loading kext, it went to some screen like dos, black screen with white font text (but i cant read the text, because it disappear very fast n my laptop restart it self), but if i not mistaken, it says about SSE2/3 something... :wallbash:

my laptop is Asus A8e series, with Intel core 2 duo T7500, 2 GB DDR, northbridge = Intel GM965 rev. C0; southbridge = Intel 82801HBM (ICH8-ME) rev. 03; 120GB Sata; VGA X3100

my question is.... can my laptop run Os x86?? and what version should i use?? i had used Kalyway 10.4.10 which support SSE2/3, but it wasnt helping. :pirate2:

pleasseeeee.... help me....

You can start with your video card. See if Display (in System Preferences) gives you only single available resolution. If it does, your video card prevents the system going to sleep. To fix that, you may want to use modified AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (in leopatch directory of BrazilMAC patch file). Good luck..

--S

P.S. But first check if Start screen saver (of Screen Saver in System Preferences) is set to Never.

Hey,

I get all the normal resolutions available from Display. I've read that you need to use a modified version of the kext you've mentioned above. But I'm not sure where to get it form. Never used the BrazilMac patch.

Also anyone else having issues when burning CDs/DVDs. I often am getting errors when burning CDs and DVDs using Toast in OS X but get no errors using Nero in XP. At first it was like ... whatever. Now it's a real pain!

I get all the normal resolutions available from Display. I've read that you need to use a modified version of the kext you've mentioned above. But I'm not sure where to get it form. Never used the BrazilMac patch.

Hi Mebster,

When I answered your question, I assumed that you were talking about a desktop. (In the following I still assume so.) When you say the machine doesn't sleep, what's the symptom?

• The screen goes black but the system (not monitor) power is still on. (If this is the case, then you may want to test AppleACPIPlatform.kext by changing it to other modified kexts.)
  • The screen doesn't go black and mouse cursor seems stopped and if you move the mouse, then you hear the arm of your HDD moving. (If this is the case, then it is the graphics card problem and you may want to replace your AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one in BrazilMAC patch, which is linked in his guide with three identical back-ups.)

If it is something else, would you elaborate the symptom with specifying your machine type like desktop or laptop?

--S

P.S. I remember your post saying that you have random black squares showing up. This is exactly what AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext in BrazilMAC patch does (even if you didn't installed it directly, it probably is included in other compilation distribution such as iATKOS or Kalyway which you likely used.) When you had that, did your machine go to sleep successfully or not?

Excuse me if this is a n00b question, but I was wondering if this will work with Pentium-M machines (in particular a Tecra M4). I installed it but it just reboots continuously. If I boot -s then the last things I see are:

USBF: 5.649 AppleUSBHCI: Unable to initialize UIM

<pause for several seconds>

syncing disks ... killing all processes

continuing

done

MACH reboot

I did see a mention early in this thread that NX needs to be enabled in BIOS, but NX is 'unavailable' in the Tecra M4 BIOS settings. Also, Pentium-M is SSE2 only.

Should I give up and go to 10.4.9? Or is there hope?

Hi Mebster,

When I answered your question, I assumed that you were talking about a desktop. (In the following I still assume so.) When you say the machine doesn't sleep, what's the symptom?

• The screen goes black but the system (not monitor) power is still on. (If this is the case, then you may want to test AppleACPIPlatform.kext by changing it to other modified kexts.)
  • The screen doesn't go black and mouse cursor seems stopped and if you move the mouse, then you hear the arm of your HDD moving. (If this is the case, then it is the graphics card problem and you may want to replace your AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one in BrazilMAC patch, which is linked in his guide with three identical back-ups.)

If it is something else, would you elaborate the symptom with specifying your machine type like desktop or laptop?

--S

P.S. I remember your post saying that you have random black squares showing up. This is exactly what AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext in BrazilMAC patch does (even if you didn't installed it directly, it probably is included in other compilation distribution such as iATKOS or Kalyway which you likely used.) When you had that, did your machine go to sleep successfully or not?

Hey Stravaganza, nice to see you again. And thanks for the help. Sorry if I wasn't very descriptive. Will try to do better.

Firstly my computer is a Desktop. And what happens is that when the Energy Saver settings kick in, the screen sleeps (goes black) and can be woken up by moving the mouse or pressing a key. However I wait 2 more minutes (as I've set the system to sleep 2 minutes later) and nothing happens. There is no change in sound from the system or anything. It's like nothing has happened. Moving the mouse once again wakes the monitor up as though only it was sleeping. So basically my monitor sleeps but my system never goes to sleep.

Also when I press Option-Command-Eject (F12) to force the system into sleep it does so but can not be woken up at all. ONly think I can do is shut it down and power it back on by holding the power button.

It sounds like it might be your first solution, changing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with a modified version. Any idea how I can get another modified version without downloading a whole new DVD?

Thanks for any help mate. ;)