KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

i've downloaded (probably) the same torrent as Nubsy. when i burned the .iso file, dvd size is just 192KB?? is this normal? when i tried to boot that disc, a message was shown, somethin about boot file missing? did i download false torrent?

my computer:

intel q6600

abit ip-35e

8800gts 320mb

2x1gb ocz pc 6400

Just downloaded and installed this, I'm very very impressed now, because the system goes much much faster then it did with iATKOS :), BUT Audio doesn't work, maybe I did bad choice during installation. Also I get error during boot up says : b0. Works when I boot from CD though. Anyone know how to fix this? Appreciate all your help, I can't search for some reason I get error on the forum so if you guys could help out that would be great!

Hrm. I burned just the .ISO The CD boots to the part where it says "Press any key to install Press F8 for boot options". However if I hit any key, it says "loading Darwin/x86" for about 5 or so minutes, then the computer restarts to windows. If I hit F8, and type vanilla, it does the same. If I type in -v -x, so it give me diagnostic messages and boots into safe mode, it has a screen where its loading different packages, and it loads for a while, and restarts. I cannot get to the blue/grey Apple screen...

I checked which files are on the DVD, and 'BOOT' 'BOOT1H' 'CDBOOT' 'BOOT1U' 'CHAIN0' 'BOOT0' 'BOOT'(a security file, and 'BOOTHELP' are the files on the disc. Is it missing anything?

EDIT: Since it's a P4 Processor, would it do anything if I put in the command line cpus=1?

Finally managed to install Leopard successfully, at first after restart I got a blinking underscore(cursor) on a black screen, no darwin bootloader.

When I restart the computer with the kalyway dvd inside and press f8 and type in "rd=disk0s1) it boots leopard just fine and allows me to login and use, however its a safe boot which is a hindrance to my computer experience.

Then I installed tiger on another partition which installed darwin bootloader.

However, when I select the leopard to boot in darwin bootloader (no kalyway dvd inserted), it boots then shows the grey loading screen with the apple logo, after this it shows a blank blue screen with a mouse cursor. i can move the cursor and stuff but the login window won't come up. Tried waiting for like 5 minutes but still blank blue screen. there does not appear to be disk usage also. Just stuck in the blank blue screen state with cursor which always seems to work!

Anyone have any idea? I've searched but can't find any solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bump

Thanks

Hello just new to IM a have just installed 10.5.1 on a awd9-max 7800 gtx duo2core 6600 (2.4) ,

it is booting up ok but shutdown just stalls no sound get any help would be great ?(Realtek HDA)HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0882&SUBSYS_147BA501&REV_1001\4&2AB0F2FE&0&0001 in windows and the gtx is only on 1024+768 cant change it ?

thanks to all who made this release,regards

Graphics will require the Kalyway 10.5.2 update (search for the thread on that) and the Apple Graphics update (available from the apple website). Then use nvinject or NVInstaller 0.33 (etc) and you shouldn't have any problems.

Your audio had an option during the install for the Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd, just select the Realtek 882 option...

Use the search function btw, both of these questions would have been very easily solved...

I need your help guys, My Kalyway is Crashing, not all the time of course, but it happened twice so far.. Whats going on?? I had no issues like this with iATKOS, if someone can help I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT. During installation I choose everything Drivers (NJinject, Vanilla Kernal..) is it cuz of Vanilla K??

Hrm. I burned just the .ISO The CD boots to the part where it says "Press any key to install Press F8 for boot options". However if I hit any key, it says "loading Darwin/x86" for about 5 or so minutes, then the computer restarts to windows. If I hit F8, and type vanilla, it does the same. If I type in -v -x, so it give me diagnostic messages and boots into safe mode, it has a screen where its loading different packages, and it loads for a while, and restarts. I cannot get to the blue/grey Apple screen...

I checked which files are on the DVD, and 'BOOT' 'BOOT1H' 'CDBOOT' 'BOOT1U' 'CHAIN0' 'BOOT0' 'BOOT'(a security file, and 'BOOTHELP' are the files on the disc. Is it missing anything?

EDIT: Since it's a P4 Processor, would it do anything if I put in the command line cpus=1?

Nubsy, Im getting the same thing with an intel celeron 2.6ghz processor. If you get an answer I'd appreciate if you could let me know.

Two question about Kaly ...

I have ASUS P5GC-MX mobo, which i know tha onboard LAN doesn't work ...

1) if i install a pci network adapter, do i need to reinstall kalyway?

2) is there a 10.5.2 update for kalyway ? where ?

Thanks in advance and congrats for Kalyway.

Fulvio.

I updated Kalyway with success, but i couldn't have my lan working (noticed on other threads) ...

So, i installed a RTL8139 PCI, but kalyway didn't recognize it ...

Must i reinstall kalyway or there is other option to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

F.

Hi guys,

I managed to download Kalyway 10.5.1 for intel SSE2, SSE3. I burned it at low speed. Then i popped it into my DVD-ROM and restarted. It booted and went to the install screen. There i selected my language (English) as my main language and then went to the next screen. There i selected Utilities -> Disk Utility. There i found no hard drive. I can only find my DVD-ROM. But i can't find my hard drive. Somebody Please help me.

Here's my configuration:

Intel Pentium D 102GGC2

ATi Radeon Xpress 200 Chipset

40 GB Seagate ATA Internal HDD

100 GB USB External HDD

1.5 GB RAM

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Please help me!!

After I installed KALYWAY 10.5.1, I found some funny thing; when I use -x to boot the system, leopard can reboot itself, but if I don't use -x and get into the system, then the system won't reboot at all, reboot means shutdown. any idea for that. thank you.

Holy smokes... after trying and trying and trying I finally got this thing installed.

Kalyway 10.5.1

Running on a Hp Dv9540 Laptop

Specs are:

Centrino Core Duo 1.6 ghz

4GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS

Realtek RTL8168B/81118B Gigabit ethernet

Intel Wifi link4965agn

Hp webcam builtin

Realtek Audio

What is working:

Gigabit ethernet

Nvidia Graphics

Webcam

Audio

The only thing that is not working is the wifi, is there a way to get that working on this?

I had to install it using the GUID mode in both the format and the Customize option.

Vanilla install with acpi, but I had to use the SSE2 option as well, it would just crash on the grey screen during load then give the " hold down power button or push reset"

This should work with sse3 right?, according to cpuz I have an sse3 capable proc.

also mine reboots and shuts down well on it's own, i can honestly say that aside from the wifi I would never know this wasn't a powermac.

After the install I had to go back and download three things to get the audio and video to work, once the video started working the webcam came on behind it..till then it would turn the cam on but show a green screen only.

Hi guys,

I managed to download Kalyway 10.5.1 for intel SSE2, SSE3. I burned it at low speed. Then i popped it into my DVD-ROM and restarted. It booted and went to the install screen. There i selected my language (English) as my main language and then went to the next screen. There i selected Utilities -> Disk Utility. There i found no hard drive. I can only find my DVD-ROM. But i can't find my hard drive. Somebody Please help me.

Here's my configuration:

Intel Pentium D 102GGC2

ATi Radeon Xpress 200 Chipset

40 GB Seagate ATA Internal HDD

100 GB USB External HDD

1.5 GB RAM

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Please help me!!

ATi Chipsets are not always fully compatible with some Hackintosh DVDs. Search for a Hackintosh DVD that supports ATI Chipsets.

Hi all,

First off I would like to say hello to everyone, I am new here but love the board, great job to all.

Secondly, here is my problem...I downloaded this version, and tried to burn it on an 8.5GB double layer HP dvd using PowerISO, windows would not read the disk and my mac would not read the disk either. I installed macdrive 7 trial to see if I could read the disk and I can just fine.

Here is my question though, can I use the burn tool in macdrive 7.1 to burn a mac bootable disk (I am also trying to burn the mac version of 10.5.1 as well as the intel version for my pc) on a double layer dvd+r? I tried finding the answer on macdrives website but they don't say if it supports double layer dvd+r's for burning in windows xp.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hi ! So i have boot the mac 10.5 , all is ok, dvd is reading it, but when i go to install it, with commands: -x , -s , vanilla , -x -v , -v -x , all is ok, dvd is reading the files, but after about 2 minutes my pc is restarting ... what is wrong ? Please tell all possible things why i can't install mac os 10.5 ... Thanks !

My PC:

CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4, 1800 MHz (18 x 100) , (Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2) , Platform ID: 1Fh / MC 04h (Socket 478)

Motherboard Name: Octek Rhino P4X266E-A4E R2 / Sapphire P4X266EAS4

1.5 Gb Of Ram

310Gb HDD

P.S. Please help me, mac os is my dream on power pc ... :(

I have kind of the same settings as you, if you got it to install, can you please let us know how you did it. thank you. other

wise does anyone knows how to fix this, or we are stock with 10.4.8.

Hi I just joined this forum. Having problems installing on a P4 2.8gHz SSE2,512 ram (Says 511 during kernel loading), generic video card.. When it starts to load it jusst stops and then reboots. Does Kalyway support P4's? Thanks

Hi I just joined this forum. Having problems installing on a P4 2.8gHz SSE2,512 ram (Says 511 during kernel loading), generic video card.. When it starts to load it jusst stops and then reboots. Does Kalyway support P4's? Thanks
I'm sure it supports P4 as long as you have a P4 processor that supports SSE3, if you only have one that supports SSE2, then u would need to download the SSE2 kernel. However, you won't be able to use EFI emulation with a P4, as it only supports Duo Cores.Try booting it in safe boot, insert the kalyway dvd in the drive and upon the screen where it asks you to press any button to continue, press F8 and type: rd=diskXsY (where "X" is the disk number [normally 0] and "Y" is the partition number [e.g. 1])See what happens.
Hi all,First off I would like to say hello to everyone, I am new here but love the board, great job to all.Secondly, here is my problem...I downloaded this version, and tried to burn it on an 8.5GB double layer HP dvd using PowerISO, windows would not read the disk and my mac would not read the disk either. I installed macdrive 7 trial to see if I could read the disk and I can just fine.Here is my question though, can I use the burn tool in macdrive 7.1 to burn a mac bootable disk (I am also trying to burn the mac version of 10.5.1 as well as the intel version for my pc) on a double layer dvd+r? I tried finding the answer on macdrives website but they don't say if it supports double layer dvd+r's for burning in windows xp.Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
Just use any dvd burning software to burn the image. BTW, a single layer dvd would be sufficient for this image. You could try burning it with the freeware (windows) 'Imgburn' with the lowest speed, it worked fine for me.
Finally managed to install Leopard successfully, at first after restart I got a blinking underscore(cursor) on a black screen, no darwin bootloader. When I restart the computer with the kalyway dvd inside and press f8 and type in "rd=disk0s1) it boots leopard just fine and allows me to login and use, however its a safe boot which is a hindrance to my computer experience. Then I installed tiger on another partition which installed darwin bootloader. However, when I select the leopard to boot in darwin bootloader (no kalyway dvd inserted), it boots then shows the grey loading screen with the apple logo, after this it shows a blank blue screen with a mouse cursor. i can move the cursor and stuff but the login window won't come up. Tried waiting for like 5 minutes but still blank blue screen. there does not appear to be disk usage also. Just stuck in the blank blue screen state with cursor which always seems to work!My system hardware:Intel P4 3.06GHz (Supports SSE3 and 2)512MB ram160GB Samsung ATA Harddrive HIS Radeon X1300 512 hypermemory graphics card Anyone have any idea? I've searched but can't find any solution.Any help is greatly appreciated.BumpThanks

hi guy's - just wanted to move from flat_image to kalyway

first of my specs:

proc: pd930

mobo: intel d975xbx (badaxe)

dvdRW: lg IDE

hdd's: 250sata(vista 2xpartitions NTFS),750(sata Data NTFS),160 sata(LEO)

sound: stac9221A o/b

lan: intel BG o/b

display ad.:ATI2400pro DVI+HDMI

first try - got the /com....plist not found right of booting from the dvd - did some research and tried to reconnect same drive only from a usb/ide conv. - workd well :)

got to installer and deleted old flat_image part and created a new GUID part on the whole disk

then whent to custom install and chose:

vanilla w/ both options under it

display - Natit_ATIcards

sound - azaliaout

network - none

and bootloader - guidefi

install whent well

but cant boot into the new HDD

i have 2 part's on it EFI part of 200MB

and LEO part with the rest of the space

i have checked both partitions on that disk and both are not active

and i havent found a conclusive answer which 1 should be the active part

so plz help me here

thx in advance :D

ATi Chipsets are not always fully compatible with some Hackintosh DVDs. Search for a Hackintosh DVD that supports ATI Chipsets.

Hi,

Can you please give me the link to the torrent. Or just give me the name of it. I'll find it and install. Please!!