KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

I have an error message when I try to install the Kalyway DVD release, It boots, gets to the Apple loading screen before installation, then gives me the little cancel symbol in the box.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2256

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

80GB SATA

50GB Partition for Windows Vista Ultimate

30GB Partition for Leopard

1GB DDR2

1.73 Ghz Intel Celeron M

Hope someone can help me out soon.

The unknown thing in "about this mac" is normal. In system profiler it should say

number of processors: 1

total number of cores: 4

Might be slightly different in English. You can also check in Activity Monitor; there should be 4 graphs in the CPU tab.

Hummm, in Active Monitor, I only got one graph, and in number of core is just 1. Each CPU should have a branch of AppleACPICPU, right?

well painless and simple, i tried to install leopard in my Pc since the first one DVD, i tried kalyway 10.5, brazilsmac patched by me and by others, toh rc1 e rc2, iAtkos 1.0 and 2r1.0, now the best in the moment Kalyway 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3.

ive got a hundred problems.

This time Install seemed to go OK ( like so many others times ).

but when i reboot ( "vanilla -v -f" )

stops with last line

/usr/sbin/ocspd[96]: starting.

and when i reboot ( "-v -f" )

stops with last line

/usr/sbin/ocspd[61]: starting.

P5b Premium

E6750@2.66

2X1Gb@667

Nvidia 8600 GT 256MB

320GB SATA II (Vista) ( red connector )

120GB SATA II ( trying leopard ) ( red connector )

80GB IDE ( backup )

DVD-Rw IDE ( with IDE-SATA converter ) ( black connector).

DVD IDE

black connector = Jmicron

so i've tried almost all things that people said at foruns over the internet ( change connectors, disable and eneble something in BIOS, disable LANs, Disable Jmicron after install, install many ways, ...) what can cause this Error??,someone said that was my 8600gt 256mb, but ive see some people using this video card too and working....... i think with this answer i can find a better way to solve this problem....

if anyone has solved this same problem or have some clue.

please add me.

MSN: rmhulle@terra.com.br

thanks in advance

Hi to All,

After trying for 10 days I have finally can dual boot and it's my first attempt with macs. Still have sleep / wake issues, but I guess it's matter of time before i find the solution for them on this website and they are not too important..... The

...problem which is bothering me is the LAN? I have these 2 cards and I really need some advise on how to get any one of them working, otherwise it's pointless to have a mac, if I can't take it to the internet out for a ride...:wacko:

1) Attansic L1, Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000base-T controller (this comes built in on ASUS mobo P5KC and maybe less of a chance of it working)

2) D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.A) (this I bought cheaply, if there is any fix / driver / kext for it, I would appreciate if someone can tell me about it.

3) If both of the above solutions can't be found, would someone be kind enough to share with me their experience of this board and what OUTSIDE ADDON cards they bought that I can also buy, so that it will work out of the box on this motherboard with kalyway.. Hopefully under the 15 dollars range.

thanks all for reading, for your time and for your future suggestions.

My Configs:

MOBO: P5KC. ( Dual booting : Vista / Kalyway)

Graphic card: HD2400 (using Triakis kext from here, works on single mon, can change reslution, have sleep/shut down conflicts, DO NOT change the HERTZ from 60 to 70 or 75 in the display area, screen will go blank , monitor will close and you will have to do a reinstall)

HARD disks: 160gb (vista boot) set to boot first.

HARD disk : 160gb (OSX boot) set to boot second.

Sound: Working after installing alc883 from KalyWay dvd.

LAN: Attansic G1 gigabyte: (does not work so far, CAN'T find any drivers for it here)

LAN ADD ON: {D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.A)}

I have bought a few dollar worth of LAN card (D-LINK DFE-530TX.....) working on vista / not on kalyway.

MEMORY : 4gb, Assortment of 2 different brands. (working)

Hummm, in Active Monitor, I only got one graph, and in number of core is just 1. Each CPU should have a branch of AppleACPICPU, right?

Yes, in that case there's definitely a problem. I got an AppleACPICPU branch for each

core (and also two subranches under that, but only under the first core's

AppleACPICPU).

You're sure you're not booting with cpus=1 or anything? Or did you disable some cores in the BIOS? Not sure what the problem could be, but I can tell you the Q6600 can definitely work with all four cores in kalyway.

Hi to All,

After trying for 10 days I have finally can dual boot and it's my first attempt with macs. Still have sleep / wake issues, but I guess it's matter of time before i find the solution for them on this website and they are not too important..... The

...problem which is bothering me is the LAN? I have these 2 cards and I really need some advise on how to get any one of them working, otherwise it's pointless to have a mac, if I can't take it to the internet out for a ride... :P

1) Attansic L1, Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000base-T controller (this comes built in on ASUS mobo P5KC and maybe less of a chance of it working)

2) D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.A) (this I bought cheaply, if there is any fix / driver / kext for it, I would appreciate if someone can tell me about it.

3) If both of the above solutions can't be found, would someone be kind enough to share with me their experience of this board and what OUTSIDE ADDON cards they bought that I can also buy, so that it will work out of the box on this motherboard with kalyway.. Hopefully under the 15 dollars range.

thanks all for reading, for your time and for your future suggestions.

My Configs:

MOBO: P5KC. ( Dual booting : Vista / Kalyway)

Graphic card: HD2400 (using Triakis kext from here, works on single mon, can change reslution, have sleep/shut down conflicts, DO NOT change the HERTZ from 60 to 70 or 75 in the display area, screen will go blank , monitor will close and you will have to do a reinstall)

HARD disks: 160gb (vista boot) set to boot first.

HARD disk : 160gb (OSX boot) set to boot second.

Sound: Working after installing alc883 from KalyWay dvd.

LAN: Attansic G1 gigabyte: (does not work so far, CAN'T find any drivers for it here)

LAN ADD ON: {D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.A)}

I have bought a few dollar worth of LAN card (D-LINK DFE-530TX.....) working on vista / not on kalyway.

MEMORY : 4gb, Assortment of 2 different brands. (working)

If you look on the wiki, you can see that both of those are not working:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1

I would recommend getting a cheap Realtek NIC, they seem to work well. Check the list on the wiki.

Hi all, i'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if i can run a mac on my machine?

Currently I have;

2.4GHz Intel Celeron Processor

80GB HDD

250GB External HDD

512MB DDR RAM

ATI Radeon 9200 64MB AGP

Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

If you want to know more about my machine please ask.

I would appreciate any help or tips, as i'm going to be a new Mac user!

(Hoping to dual boot with Windows XP)

Thanks in advance! ;)

Hello All

Long time lurker first time poster (edit..make thaty second)! ;)

Finally changing over to an Intel platform has made a huge difference in compatability issues in the success rate for osx 86.

Using Kaly (big thanks not just to him but to all the serious clever guys/girls out there who make this possible) has got me to 99% working setup, the only thing missing is the sound. Gonna attempt to do that soon.

post-36400-1202667090_thumb.png

Yes, in that case there's definitely a problem. I got an AppleACPICPU branch for each

core (and also two subranches under that, but only under the first core's

AppleACPICPU).

You're sure you're not booting with cpus=1 or anything? Or did you disable some cores in the BIOS? Not sure what the problem could be, but I can tell you the Q6600 can definitely work with all four cores in kalyway.

If you look on the wiki, you can see that both of those are not working:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1

I would recommend getting a cheap Realtek NIC, they seem to work well. Check the list on the wiki.

Hi Adhemar, thanks for the reply.

Yes I did have to disable this APIC Mode thing in the BIOS, otherwise the Kalyway DVD would just go into a infinite reboot loop.

After installation, the installation with the vanila kernel and the acpi-fix, it would also goes into this infinite reboot unless I disable it.

When I install with the ToH kernel, it would boot with the APIC Mode enabled, in the -v mode, it says all 4 cpus are enabled, but then I have another problem, the boot will get to this line "Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" and stuck. I followed some instruction I read, replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and the AppleAPIC.kext from 10.4.8, then it will boot into Leopard but with only one core.

I don't know what could be wrong anymore. Any suggestions?

hi guys, im new here and dont seem to be able to fix some problems.

I have a q6600 quad core intel DP35DP,

CPU 2.4 GHZ

gfNvidia 8600GT 1gb ram

4GB ram,

80gig HDD IDE

80gig HDD SATA (where kalyway dvd is installed)

DVD writer IDE

DVD writer SATA

wireless RTL8180 PCI card

Installation went smooth, boots up and everything.

the Problem is that ethernet (intel pro) is not detected, sound (sigmatel) not detected, and the wireless RTL8180 PCI card is not detected.

any help? any drivers exist?

Need help. Can't boot after install (chose MBR partition and EFI_mbr during the installation - all went ok), the system restarts at the very beginning of the boot process. Installing on a clean hard drive with a single partition

Hi All!

I install the Leopard, computer reeboot, and after when i fill the country, the keyboard selection window, and i choose "i dont want import data from other MAC or Image" , and click to the Continue button , the program wait about one minute , and start to play again the Welcome movie , and i need to select again the country , the keyboard and the other ... , click again the continue button after the "import question" and happening again . start to play the Welcome movie ...... I cant stap over for this problem, allways play this movie when i answer the questions

Someone plz help me!

I think all the newbs that post inane and repetitive posts to this thread cause all those with knowledge to stay away. Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search):

a) can i run this on X computer/motherboard/cpu

b ) how do i dual boot

c) what's a -v

d) What do I do??

Guys & girls, if you want to try to run OS X on your non-apple hardware you need to make some effort to learn how OSx86 works. Everyone who is knowledgeable spends lots of time READING these forums.

If you can't learn how to use a computer in an advanced way, or at least make SOME effort to do this, go buy a Mac. Seriously, OSx86 is NOT for the amateur computer user.

I think all the newbs that post inane and repetitive posts to this thread cause all those with knowledge to stay away. Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search):

a) can i run this on X computer/motherboard/cpu

b ) how do i dual boot

c) what's a -v

d) What do I do??

Guys & girls, if you want to try to run OS X on your non-apple hardware you need to make some effort to learn how OSx86 works. Everyone who is knowledgeable spends lots of time READING these forums.

If you can't learn how to use a computer in an advanced way, or at least make SOME effort to do this, go buy a Mac. Seriously, OSx86 is NOT for the amateur computer user.

How true!

Same problem! If someone know help us plz

Geesh, and you so just illustrate my point from my immediately prior post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=617147

and i do have idea as to what is wrong. i just cant keep answering the same questions in this thread. Try a thread search, you will learn something and make your victory much better since you EARNED your Osx86

The 2 or 3 post newbs who come by, waste everyone's time, and don't contribute back to the community at all are just tiring.

ok im really new at this so i dont get a lot of it

and someone may have alrdy asked this

but when i burn the iso to a dvd it comes out with a 192kb dvd

and when i try to boot off of it it goes to the apple logo and sits there

and at one boot it told me it was missing a com.apple.boot file

if someone could help me i would really appreciate it

thanks

with a name as yours, resonance, i feel bad for your lack of sound. i wish i could help, but all i've been able to do to get sound thus far is use the 24-bit soundblaster usb external. i'm not sure if 54slots or pci cards work though.

good luck!

Hello All

Long time lurker first time poster (edit..make thaty second)! :blink:

Finally changing over to an Intel platform has made a huge difference in compatability issues in the success rate for osx 86.

Using Kaly (big thanks not just to him but to all the serious clever guys/girls out there who make this possible) has got me to 99% working setup, the only thing missing is the sound. Gonna attempt to do that soon.

Good morning to everyone! I've succefully installed kalyway on my system, but my cpu (Q6600 @ 2,4GhZ) is shown as "2,4GHz Unknown" in the "About this mac" menu. I've known that it depends on Applesmsbios.kext... Can you help me? Thanks a lot

P.s All 4 cores are shown correctly by system

My motherboard is P35C-DS3R

a) can i run this on X computer/motherboard/cpu ...

Not to harsh out on you but there's a few problems with this thread. In the beginning of this thread there's no list of supported hardware, nor a list of unsupported HW. I don't think that could be accomplished though. It's all hey look do this, without listing the prerequisities. The guide link is a bit lower. So yeah you're going to get a ton of questions on this thread.* The person who started the thread is obviously not a techincal writer so there's some missing info in it leading to the following.

I'm a very experienced computer user and I would not undertake any of this lightly. I agree most of these questions are answered, but there's 100 + pages ot get your answer -- the search function of these web boards is pretty bad, and the sticky on this subject makes it rise ot the top of the heap, thus attracting the newbie posts.

I read for two days but there's so much lame chaff it's very hard to gather information you need because the quides are ou of dayte. There is no x86 10.5.1 install wiki that I've seen to date. I asked a very specific question listing my config and what I tried and got silence, not simply that it didn't work. I've since got it instaled by buying a PATA drive but the boot time is probably going ot be in the tens of hours judging from the speed at which it loads each driver.

*The problem with this thread though is a lot simpler to fix, but will be a ton of work for the moderator. The guides need ot be stickied andthe threads locked. Also, just sticky a new thread that rises to the top with a list of common problems and solutions to problems, when someone asks, answer and update the sticky. After a little while the most common questions will be answered.

Mine could have been handled by the following:

Q: Will the install of the Kalyway work TO SATA drives.

Answer: "No. you must first install to a PATA drive then update your driver with the medevil SATA driver."

Q: What is the cause of a very slow boot? (See below for system specs)

Symptoms: Booting with -s does not work, it's not even getting to that stage.... It's loading drivers at about 1 every 15 seconds. I'm thinking it's enabled HW in the BIOS, even though everything but the Ethernet controlers are off.

Anyone jump in at all thanks. Better yet I'm going to go do more reading and post whne I can get more symptoms or I figure it out.

(A moderated newbie forum for the install would be best, but it would probably be exhausting dealing with "It won't work" all day.)

Thanks guys.

Geesh, and you so just illustrate my point from my immediately prior post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=617147

and i do have idea as to what is wrong. i just cant keep answering the same questions in this thread. Try a thread search, you will learn something and make your victory much better since you EARNED your Osx86

The 2 or 3 post newbs who come by, waste everyone's time, and don't contribute back to the community at all are just tiring.

I have read every post in this thread and, despite many people including myself asking about the keyboard/transfer loop, noone has posted a solution. I have tried thread searching and indeed forum searching but haven't found an answer to it.

So if anyone can help with those of us who get stuck in the transfer loop we would all appreciate it, perhaps even give it it's own thread since many people are daunted by the 102 page thread.

Thanks in advance.