KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Can someone give a step by step guide on changing the bios on a hp laptop. I have looked all over google and youtube and can't find someone that gives a detail guide about doing it on a hp laptop. The problem is, is that some of the bios options are missing when you go into setup. My computer is a HP Pavillion DV9610us

Thanks for any help in advanced

~iMotox

Totaly Awesome Baby, I mean with a capital A. Awesome

Thankyou to Kalyway and team and all the great info I found here.

Lepoard 10.5.1 w/ vanila_acpi_fix; Azalia_out; Boot_efi_guid

Hardware MSI 945GM3-F mother board

945 Northbridge ICH7 Southbridge

Onboard: GMA 950 Graphics

Onboard
:
Realtek Audio Azalia

Onboard: Realtek Lan

Pentuim D 2.8 Dual core

2Gig Ram; 500 Gig SATA HDD

Asus CDR / DVR SATA

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec....-F&class=mb

Took five loads to find that I was selecting the wrong combination of drivers in the Kalyway install GUI. The only selections I made are listed above. Everything works except microphone.

The Natit ATI Bundle in the GUI did not work for my Diamond ATI HD 2600PRO SB PCI Express video card, I'm going to check the Radeonhd channel on irc next.

Thanks to the Team

sincerely Memo

I've spent a few days taking in the first 39 pages of this thread and decided to have a go installing Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Acer 7720g laptop. The config is as follows and my problem is how to boot from the leopard HD following a succesful install

Core2Duo 2Ghz

2Mb ram

HD1 - Vista/XP dual boot using Easy BCD

HD2 - Leopard installed

Used GUID and Guid Efi

Vanilla options

No graphics driver as I have 8400m GS (I'll do that later)

No Sound or network options as n/a

The only option I have in BIOS is SATA mode:AHCI or IDE (I chose AHCI)

Boot options are either IDE 0 (hard drive) or IDE 1 (DVD) plus the usual USB, network etc

There is no choice between 1st or 2nd hard drive

I tried making an OS X entry into EasyBCD in Vista, but when I choose 'Leopard' (my os x entry) it reports 'Chain boot error'

I think it's looking for some mbr entry and I used GUID

So how can I get my leopard installation to boot?

I booted from the dvd and went into Startup disk and nothing appeared in list except ''network startup' no hard drive and no dvd

Thanks for any advice

Marco

I downloaded this and burned it on to a blank dvd disk and I also set my BIOS to boot it but im not sure if i did it correctly. I have an acer 3050 1118 laptop. What happens is when it gets to the apple loading screen with the gray apple and the white background it just gets stuck there. The circle will just keep going around and around. I left it there for a little over an hour and the installation wont come up. I even made another disk and burned it at the slowest possible speed and tried it again... still no luck. Some help would be greatly appreiciated. I also have the real tiger and leopard discs and I would like to know if it would be better/easier to use either of them to get mac OS on my computer.

Thanks

Excuse me if this is a n00b question, but I was wondering if this will work with Pentium-M machines (in particular a Tecra M4). I installed it but it just reboots continuously. If I boot -s then the last things I see are:

USBF: 5.649 AppleUSBHCI: Unable to initialize UIM

<pause for several seconds>

syncing disks ... killing all processes

continuing

done

MACH reboot

I did see a mention early in this thread that NX needs to be enabled in BIOS, but NX is 'unavailable' in the Tecra M4 BIOS settings. Also, Pentium-M is SSE2 only.

Should I give up and go to 10.4.9? Or is there hope?

Okay, I found this excellent post which got me through the install. I also had to trash my existing Vista partition, repartition my hard drive in two, make the second one (which I intend to use for Vista again) FAT, and then install on the first one. Without those steps I would finish the install but just get a blinking cursor at boot.

Now after booting off the HDD I get the Welcome display, then go through the language and keyboard settings, then get asked if I want to transfer stuff from another Mac; I say no and then then the machine loops back around to the welcome display, and this repeats endlessly. Very weird. I can boot into a single-user shell no problem, but have no idea what's up otherwise. I'll trawl around, see what I can find and report back; if anyone has any tips in the meanwhile they are welcome.

Edit: found this post describing the same problem; the graphics mode trick worked!

Hello,maybe somebody knows how to restore resolutions choice after leopard graphic update?

может кто нибудь знает как восстановить выбор резолюции после leopard graphic update?

thank you in advance.

заранее спасибо.

I'm sorry if this is a totally dumb question but, my leopard has started showing a .DS_Store file on my desktop. I can't get rid of it. Every time i delete it it keeps popping right back up. I haven't got a clue, I've searched around but don't seem to find anything telling me how to get rid of it. Also, my finder is looking awfully messy, loads of faint objects around.

I noticed the problem when i was messing around with widgets. I think a time machine widget is to blame but i dunno.

HELP SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!

I'm sorry if this is a totally dumb question but, my leopard has started showing a .DS_Store file on my desktop. I can't get rid of it. Every time i delete it it keeps popping right back up. I haven't got a clue, I've searched around but don't seem to find anything telling me how to get rid of it. Also, my finder is looking awfully messy, loads of faint objects around.

I noticed the problem when i was messing around with widgets. I think a time machine widget is to blame but i dunno.

HELP SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!

I think that's because you've got hidden files showing.

Open any window in finder and you'll see two icons on the top which look like magnifying glasses. You need to click on the one with the red line through it which hides all hidden files. The other one shows them.

Try that. :)

Friends,

I have a Hack with 10.4.9 works perfectly. Now I want to install the 10.5.2.

I have the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, I tried with the vanilla kernel, the SSE2, Natit and mbr. The instalation ok but when I restart the screen get freeze. Any help please?

My Hack:

Asus P5LD2

2 GB Ram 5300

Core 2 duo 6300 1.87 Ghz

nvidia 7300gt

2 sata Drives

LAN: realteak RTL 8168

Audio: adi1986a

thank friends

This will be my first post on this forum describing my latest box:

OS X install:

1.- Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD

2.- Restore Factory Desktop Settings from Kalyway

3.- Kalyway Intel Combo Update 10.5.2

4.- Kalyway 10.5.2 Kenrnels (using universal)

5.- Lepoard Graphics Update 1

My experience installing this:

DVD and all updates installed with NO errors exept for Lepoard Graphics Update 1,

that hangs my computer after install. So I have to reinstall all but except LGU1.

My PC:

Things that work out of the box

- Intel D945GTP Mainboard

- Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz Dual Core

- Onboard Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

- 2Gb DDR2 533Mhz Dual Channel

- 2 SATA Hard Drives

80Gb Seagate (ST38081SAS) OS X

160Gb Hitachi (HDS721616PLA380) my Stuff

- 2 Pionner DVD-RW (DVR-105 & DVR-110D)

- 3Com 3C905C-TXM 10/100 PCI NIC (Broadcom 5904)

- Firewire PCI Card (VIA VT6306)

- iSight External Camera (yummy)

- All four USB 2.0 ports

- 2 External USB Hard Drives

250Gb 3.5" Maxtor & 60Gb 2.5" Hitachi, both using

a generic drive enclosure each.

Things that need a Kext replacement to work

- Onboard Intel High Definition Audio (Sigmatel 9220)

Things that does not work:

(And I am too lazy to find kext or driver)

- Onboard Intel PRO 10/100 NIC

My overall experience:

My PC works like a charm exept for some little squares that appear behind the mouse

"some times" and leaves the screen after opening and closing windows.

Firstly my computer is a Desktop. And what happens is that when the Energy Saver settings kick in, the screen sleeps (goes black) and can be woken up by moving the mouse or pressing a key. However I wait 2 more minutes (as I've set the system to sleep 2 minutes later) and nothing happens. There is no change in sound from the system or anything. It's like nothing has happened. Moving the mouse once again wakes the monitor up as though only it was sleeping. So basically my monitor sleeps but my system never goes to sleep.

Also when I press Option-Command-Eject (F12) to force the system into sleep it does so but can not be woken up at all. ONly think I can do is shut it down and power it back on by holding the power button.

Hi Mebster,

Thanks for the explanation. Since the screen goes black, the currently installed AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext seems to work with AppleACPIPlatform.kext on your system although the installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext may not work.

There are many AppleACPIPlatform.kext to try. Through a series of kernel updates along with extension modules, if you ever had the system sleep soundly, I would try the AppleACPIPlatform.kext which comes with that update first. If you never had or such trial doesn't work, then I suggest to try the one linked under topic REBOOT FIX in room #leopard of IRC server irc.osx86.hu. (You may need an IRC client such as Colloquy to connect to an IRC server. Fortunately you won't need to set up an account for IRC connections.) Once you download the kext extension, just grap the binary under Contents/MacOS folder and put it to the corresponding kext directory structure and reboot the system for testing. If that doesn't work, then replace the original with the whole kext which you download to see if your system sleeps. What are the manufacurer and model number of your motherboard anyway? Good luck. :)

--S

P.S. This is a suggestion which is irrelevant to your insomnia problem. I realized that it wouldn't be such a bad idea (1) to remind the editors to list components in alphabetical order based on model numbers in HCL 10.5.2. (I know there's a note at the top of HCL 10.5.2 page.) Also I thought it would be nice (2) to have links to installation guides, patch guides, or manufacturer drivers. E.g. If one claims that he uses Kalyway's DVD for successful installation, he may link to Kalyway's announcement thread, which is this thread. Since you work voluntarily for this community for free, I will totally understand if you say no. However if you like these ideas, you could (for idea (1)) change the table header "Hareware Name" to "Hareware Name (alphabetical)" and (for idea (2)) put a note at the top of the HCL 10.5.2 page as reminders to the editors. Thanks for considering.

I think that's because you've got hidden files showing.

Open any window in finder and you'll see two icons on the top which look like magnifying glasses. You need to click on the one with the red line through it which hides all hidden files. The other one shows them.

Try that. :)

Worked a treat. Thanks for that.

First, super props to Kalyway for this awesome work. Also, thanks for all the people who contribute to this knowledge base. You guys totally ROCK.

I am a n00b, I admit it. But, I took the time. It took me almost a week of reading and reading and reading to figure out what hardware I wanted. Then more reading to get things set up. But my Hackintosh lives!!!

Notes to you other n00bs. Take the time. Stop asking silly questions. Make the attempt. If your hardware has never had a Hackintosh attempt made on it, go for it and try. Stop asking repetitive questions, it just shows that you are not willing to take the time others have. Read the HCL, read the forums, send a PM to someone that has a similar build. Your last effort should be to message the whole forum. Someone has most likely had the same issue you had. If you are not comfortable formatting a HD, doing a custom build of any OS, messing with BIOS, etc... just go buy a Mac. This is a HACKintosh afterall, there will be issues.

Silly question example: "Can I run this on XYZ?" "How do I make an .iso into a DVD?" You're basically just telling everyone you are too lazy to go find this out for yourself.

Not so silly: I have installed, everything is working okay but I have one problem, has anyone gotten "XYZ" to work correctly? Give details on system build, laptop, desktop, chipset, etc.

Oh, thanks to Bill Gates for releasing Vista. :censored2: Thank you for getting all the major PC makers (HP) to not release certain XP drivers on those machines so I couldn't run XP on my laptop instead of that outrageously bloated OS you like to call more "Apple Like". Thanks for the 2 plus minutes to install system tray items. Thanks for taking the term "OS" and bloating it to overshadow what the computer is supposed to be for anyway, productivity. You have pushed me over the edge, back to Apple, my 10 year Mac hiatus is at an end. :P

My Build

• Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mainboard
  • Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4Mhz
  • Sapphire ATI Radion HD2600XT 512MB PCIx16
  • 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz Dual Channel (Running 667Mhz)
  • 2 SATA Hard Drives
    • 320Gb Seagate (ST3320620AS) OS X
    • 320Gb Seagate (ST3320620AS) Temp Time Machine Drive

[*]Samsung DVD-RW (SH-S203B)

Things that just plain worked.

• Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mainboard

[*]Dual GigE Ethernet (Yukon)

[*]Audio out (I haven't tested audio in)

• SPDIF is lit, but not tested.

• Coax Audio not tested

Things that need a Kext fix to work

Things that don't work (yet):

• RealTek Onboard WiFi
    • Shows up, but no signal.

[*]Sleep, just doesn't work. I haven't made that much of an effort to work this out yet. I just turned off the sleep timer.

HOW-TO

OS X, my install:

1. Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, created from iso of same name.

1. Find it on "the bay", 'nuf said.
    2. I used GUID
    3. Follow instructions from, http://tinyurl.com/2oznsk, for the setup. Leave all Video options UNCHECKED.
    4. On reboot after installation, hit key to go to options and start in safemode. –x

[*]Get Natit.kext from http://tinyurl.com/2fdbbj

1. Get it on the Mac, USB thumb drive is great, or download it directly if you are already connected to the internet.
  2. Either install it manually, and edit the permissions in a shell (Look for these instruction, basically UNIX permission settings)
  3. OR EASIER, use "Kext Helper b7" in your applications to install it and set permissions.
  4. Reboot (without the –x), your HD2600XT should come up with your max resolution for your monitor (in my case 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, 32-bit color). w00h00!!!

[*]Restore factory desktop setting, if you want.

1. Laik's Viginizer for Kalyway 10.5.1

[*]Kalyway Intel Combo Update 10.5.2 install

1. Search kalyway on "the bay"
    2. Unpack and click on the .dmg file. Let it do the work. It will reboot and take a little time. Don't worry.

[*]Kalyway 10.5.2 Kenrnel (using vanilla)

1. Search kernel on "the bay"

[*]Lepoard Graphics Update

1. From Apple: http://tinyurl.com/2sbvkv
        2. Yes, this did improve my Geekbench scores by a little.

My experience thus far:

I LOVE IT. Works beautifully.

• Fast bootup, considering the MB BIOS tests.
      • Purchased an Apple wired keyboard (I like the wireless, but I don't like the fact that they deleted the 10 key).
      • Using my Logitech MX Revolution mouse, downloaded and installed the Logitech drivers and software.
      • iLife and Leopard retail DVD at AppleStore
        • iLife works great, ALL run fine

[*]VMWare Fusion

• XP Pro Virtual Machine runs great.

[*]Office 2004 Mac

• Works great, can remote desktop to my MediaCenter.

[*]Toast 8 Titanium

• Runs and burns with no OS slowdown.

[*]So far, EVERYTHING I have loaded works flawlessly.

OVER ALL EXPERIENCE

Apple should take this as advertising. I had been tempted to make the move back to Apple for a couple of years now. But I have such a huge investment in PC software. The short time that I could play in the store wasn't enough to show me what a Mac could now do. So I was hesitant. Three days with my Hackintosh has convinced me. I love HackPro, I love the expandability of building my own box. But, for my next laptop purchase, I will buy a MacBook Pro. I was able to buy hardware that I could run Windows on if i changed my mind, while still test driving a Mac.

If you like your Hackintosh, buy a retail copy of Leopard. It's only about $100 on NewEgg. Support Apple's efforts. Hopefully they can see this as free advertising.

Maybe I will get the sleep thing worked out. Not too motivated, it's working fine except for that.

Again, major thanks to all on this forum. Your awesome efforts won another person back to Apple.

:happymac:

Unpack and click on the .dmg file. Let it do the work. Worked awesome for me.

FYI, the first time I did this my Ethernet stopped working, but I was using the wrong kext for my video card, so that may have been the problem.

http://tinyurl.com/2qxuve

Installed Kalyway 10.5.1 Intel...installation went fine. For once, I didn't recieve the blinking cursor after POST, but finally got the Darwin Bootloader screen. After letting it load, I would get about 2 seconds in, and it would reboot. So I typed in -v at the Bootloader to see what was going on. Here is what I got:

Picture039.jpg

I don't know what the "S" is at the end..I tried countless times to Pause Break to see what it was, but i honestly think S is the last letter/word before it reboots...Any ideas? I miss my hackintosh. Had a perfect JAS on my old AMD machine before my mobo took a dump.

I have the same problem as the person above me. Running on a P4M800-, VIA board. On first boot, it said Calibrating ACPI something, then warned me about working backwards, and finally stated that it had failed after 2 retries. Now I'm stuck like chaosmunki. Should I disable ACPI and reinstall?

EDIT: Disabling both kernels in the config worked, however, I now get a "no network interfaces" error when I try boot both in safe mode and in normal. In tiger, I always had to install ViaRhine.kext, but never did it prevent me from booting. Should I attempt to install it anyway? How?

Finally managed to install Leopard successfully, at first after restart I got a blinking underscore(cursor) on a black screen, no darwin bootloader.

When I restart the computer with the kalyway dvd inside and press f8 and type in "rd=disk0s1) it boots leopard just fine and allows me to login and use, however its a safe boot which is a hindrance to my computer experience.

Then I installed tiger on another partition which installed darwin bootloader.

However, when I select the leopard to boot in darwin bootloader (no kalyway dvd inserted), it boots then shows the grey loading screen with the apple logo, after this it shows a blank blue screen with a mouse cursor. i can move the cursor and stuff but the login window won't come up. Tried waiting for like 5 minutes but still blank blue screen. there does not appear to be disk usage also. Just stuck in the blank blue screen state with cursor which always seems to work!

Anyone have any idea? I've searched but can't find any solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've spent a few days taking in the first 39 pages of this thread and decided to have a go installing Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Acer 7720g laptop. The config is as follows and my problem is how to boot from the leopard HD following a succesful install

Core2Duo 2Ghz

2Mb ram

HD1 - Vista/XP dual boot using Easy BCD

HD2 - Leopard installed

Used GUID and Guid Efi

Vanilla options

No graphics driver as I have 8400m GS (I'll do that later)

No Sound or network options as n/a

The only option I have in BIOS is SATA mode:AHCI or IDE (I chose AHCI)

Boot options are either IDE 0 (hard drive) or IDE 1 (DVD) plus the usual USB, network etc

There is no choice between 1st or 2nd hard drive

I tried making an OS X entry into EasyBCD in Vista, but when I choose 'Leopard' (my os x entry) it reports 'Chain boot error'

I think it's looking for some mbr entry and I used GUID

So how can I get my leopard installation to boot?

I booted from the dvd and went into Startup disk and nothing appeared in list except ''network startup' no hard drive and no dvd

Thanks for any advice

Marco

Please can anyone give me a pointer?

Thanks

Hello just new to IM a have just installed 10.5.1 on a awd9-max 7800 gtx duo2core 6600 (2.4) ,

it is booting up ok but shutdown just stalls no sound get any help would be great ?(Realtek HDA)HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0882&SUBSYS_147BA501&REV_1001\4&2AB0F2FE&0&0001 in windows and the gtx is only on 1024+768 cant change it ?

thanks to all who made this release,regards

Finally managed to install Leopard successfully, at first after restart I got a blinking underscore(cursor) on a black screen, no darwin bootloader.

When I restart the computer with the kalyway dvd inside and press f8 and type in "rd=disk0s1) it boots leopard just fine and allows me to login and use, however its a safe boot which is a hindrance to my computer experience.

Then I installed tiger on another partition which installed darwin bootloader.

However, when I select the leopard to boot in darwin bootloader (no kalyway dvd inserted), it boots then shows the grey loading screen with the apple logo, after this it shows a blank blue screen with a mouse cursor. i can move the cursor and stuff but the login window won't come up. Tried waiting for like 5 minutes but still blank blue screen. there does not appear to be disk usage also. Just stuck in the blank blue screen state with cursor which always seems to work!

Anyone have any idea? I've searched but can't find any solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bump

Thanks

Simple question..... Will the Kalyway leopard 10.5.1 Intel sse2,sse3 iso, install on AMD? I can't find a Kalyway AMD only install but find many users that have successfully installed leopard. Hmmmm... Currently running 10.4.9 as smooth as a really smooth thing but of course.... I wanna trade my stripes for spots.

Hello, everyone. :)

I've been trying for days to work on my "hackintosh". I first tried iATKOS. Which, after the fact I read didn't quite work with the Pentium 4 processor this computer has. So I torrented Kalyway leopard for SSE2 and SSE3. The torrent finished, and I unzipped it using Stuffit Expander for Windows. I used the recovery option and sent it to a folder. Using ImgBurn, I burned not the folder I sent it to, but the actual Kalyway folder. Inside that folder was a .DS_Store file, two .TIFF images, the 'Read before installing' file, and of course the .ISO (4.37GB).

Anyways, I burned it to the DVD, and when I went to boot to it, the screen stayed black for a few seconds, and continued to boot to Windows XP.

Now here's my question:

Do I burn the whole folder as I did? Or do I just burn the Image file and the .DS_store file, and ignore the .TIFF and Read me?

Thank you for you time. ;)