KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi!

Big props to Kaly and Dune...

I'm writing from my first Hackintosh

I've tried for 10 times and finally managed to get things working.

I used only efi_guid in custom section and that did the trick on my ASUS P5LD2 mobo

For now I don't have sound or graphics but will try to fix that.

My full specs:

ASUS P5LD2 945g Bios v. 1903

Intel Pentium D 920

NVIDIA 6800 GS TDH 256 Mb

2 GB Ram

integrated sound AC'97

integrated network

SATA II 160 GB

SATA 80 GB

SATA DVD-RAM (using ide to sata adaptor)

Cheers,

Law

EDITED - UPDATE:

I reinstalled again but this time with efi_guid and azalia_out drivers and this time everything went fine

so now I have audio also. Still no video.

Can some one direct me on how to solve this problem. Is NVinject site good start to take?

Apparently I installed the wrong something...

I have an ASUS P5GC-MX X Series Mobo

Now apparently I can get the built in audio working right? Well I think I selected the wrong one in the installation, how can I install the correct one now?

Also, if anyone has any way of getting the built in networking on this mobo working, let me know. Those are the only two things I have that aren't 100% working for me right now.

Hey Guys,

It has been 2 days and still no reply to my question.

I am honestly trying not to be a :angel: about the current situation, but have been waisting weeks of my life on something that I was told would work and it won't. I come here with simple questions hoping that I will recieve simple answers.

My first post is Here (Post #2092)

I would really appreciate it if I could at least get a moderately knowledged user to reply with a possible solution to the problem in my post.

Thanks again guys,

Joe aka. VanillaTbone

Apparently I installed the wrong something...

I have an ASUS P5GC-MX X Series Mobo

Now apparently I can get the built in audio working right? Well I think I selected the wrong one in the installation, how can I install the correct one now?

Also, if anyone has any way of getting the built in networking on this mobo working, let me know. Those are the only two things I have that aren't 100% working for me right now.

I've got P5GC-MX and everything works out of the box except for ethernet that you have to buy ,i've played

all kind's of staff with this mobo and still everything works, only do not install apple graphic update.

in the installation check all except for sse2 and everything will be ok. good luck.

Hey Guys,

It has been 2 days and still no reply to my question.

I am honestly trying not to be a :( about the current situation, but have been waisting weeks of my life on something that I was told would work and it won't. I come here with simple questions hoping that I will recieve simple answers.

My first post is Here (Post #2092)

I would really appreciate it if I could at least get a moderately knowledged user to reply with a possible solution to the problem in my post.

Thanks again guys,

Joe aka. VanillaTbone

If the same exact problem occurs with every combination of BIOS settings, then it almost has to be some hardware incompatibility. You should really try to get your hands on a SATA drive, use that, and turn off your IDE controller in the BIOS if you can. Also, you're using an overclocked CPU which seems like a bad idea to me.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything that might help.

Adhemar,

Thanks for the reply.

Since I have been trying to figure out why I cannot get Leopard installed I have setup the bios as instructed for my mobo. I have set my CPU back to stock settings and I found a little 2.5" Laptop SATA drive that I am trying to use right now. I get to the same place everytime. But when I use the SATA drive and enable AHCI after about 5 minutes through the boot the hard drive turns off(kinda like in standby mode).

Everytime I have attempted an install I get this... V

-

NVDANV10HAL loaded and registered

NVDA:: probe(display)

NVDA:: start(display)

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and Description contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

-

^ that is what I have gotten eveytime I have tried to install this release!

I have a JMicron Controller which is fully supported in Kalyway 10.5.1 as per other users. I have seen post where users with the same motherboard and similiar setup are successful in the install. I am not a total n00b and that is what is making me upset, because it JUST WON'T WORK! lol

Just to verify to everyone what exactly the last thing I see during "-v" while booting the installation, I have attached a pic below. What you see in the pic is the last and only thing I see during an attempted install. It will sit here for hours and do nothing...14afyv.jpg

Just to verify to everyone what exactly the last thing I see during "-v" while booting the installation, I have attached a pic below. What you see in the pic is the last and only thing I see during an attempted install. It will sit here for hours and do nothing...14afyv.jpg

Disconnect all your PATA devices, that was how I finally got mine to work correctly. I made a point of buying a SATA DVD-RW and SATA HD to go with my new mobo and I've had no problems since ditching PATA.

HAH! i finally pwned the extraction of the realease! It took me a whole week to find out you have to have the kalyway .zip (using windows that is) on the c:\ and you must have 10 gigs free on the C:\. Even if you use an extra drive or even partition it will not work unless you have 10 gigs free on c:\ and the file is also on c:\. So anyone looking to extract this use latest version of winrar or stuffit and use on c:\ with 10 gigs or more free.

Just a comment about the netkas.org instructions for the 10.5.2 update on a Kalyway install...

I followed the instructions (using the automatic script to delete the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext) and everything went well...I also installed the new AppleSMBIOS.kext on netkas.org before rebooting.

I installed the Leopard Graphics Update (via downloaded dmg/pkg, not Software Update, though I don't think it matters) after and ran Xbench and got about 20-30% better performance on my GeForce 8600GT than before the updates. Though I didn't run Xbench after the 10.5.2 Update before the Graphics Update, I'm pretty sure the improvement is from the Graphics Update more than the 10.5.2 Update since it also updates the OpenGL.framework.

I haven't played with it enough to notice many differences/improvements in 10.5.2, but the Graphics Update is probably worth it alone (if you have an NVIDIA card, at least...I saw some bad posts about Radeons elsewhere).

Help please..

I tried installing it but after the apple logo loads on my laptop then the screen will turn blue and it doesn't continue to load the cd tot he disk utility. I tried it on my desktop it works..

This is my laptop specs:

1.73 intel cetrino

2gb ram

128 intel 915 videocard

120 gb harddisk

I just had it installed on my laptop, worked perfect, but I went to go reinstall to try the vanilla kernel. Now the Darwin bootloader hangs at:

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Sat Nov 17 02:56:34 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386.

I tried it in safe mode, without the vanilla kernel, reburned the disk, and yet it still hangs here. How do I get to the installation screen?

hi everyone , i have this installation and i want to download the update can anyone point me to the right direction? , i also want to know if this installation works with an 24 in monitor and a ATI HD 512 MB card? any help would be very appreciated .

Thanks in advanced

iExplorer,

To get the 10.5.2 Kalyway update click *bleep*

To check the HCL on 10.5.1 click Here

To check the HCL on 10.5.2 click Here

NOTE that the 10.5.2 HCL has not been populated with information yet.

Hope this will help you out. :D

I don't think you're supposed to post links to torrents. I would remove that ASAP if I were you.

I don't think you're supposed to post links to torrents. I would remove that ASAP if I were you.

Too late :D

I'm glad people know illegal torrents are not permitted in this site. I can now sleep easy tonight. :blink:

He's been given a warning for it.

eh.....

Sorry about that ole Mebster... :)

I wasn't thinking before posting. I assure you it will not happen again.

On another note though...

We can sit here and post about this so called "illegal" activity/torrent, but we should not post it's source...

Not complaining about my warning or anything. Just pondering upon lifes little thoughts.

:)

Well,

I have finally done it... :D

I have managed to install Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Gigabyte 965P-S3(rev 1.0) with a IDE Hard drive(WD3000JB 300GB) and a IDE NEC DVD +/- RW. Using GUID Partition Map... Split 300GB drive into 2x150GB partitions, 1 for boot and 1 for time-machine.

My net is working out of the box, but didn't install the sound drivers yet until after I update to 10.5.2.

Not going to update until I back-up my current install with time machine.

The only problem that I am having is that my PCI-express GeForce 6800GS(256Mb OC) burned out on me and I am using a 64Mb GeForce 4 MX 4000(PCI) for the time being. I cannot install using the MX 4000 because it causes a kernel panic which is why I could not install 10.5.1. So I scrounged around and came up with an old Aopen Savage(4mb) PCI card and got it installed and booted up(In it now). Whenever I put the MX 4000 back in it causes a kernel panic and will not boot though... ;)

Can someone tell me if they know which driver I can use or if I will even be able to use it? I would like to use the 64MB over the 4Mb because of the choppy web-page scrolling.

I installed the kalaway disk several times. Each time it installes perfectly but stops when it is booting. I did a -v and it stops with this message:

localhost configd[46]: InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not upate platform UUID

My specs are:

Intel Quad core q6600 @2.4

Intel Classic series dg33bu Motherboard

Nvidia 8600gt 256 gddr3 video card

4gig PQI Dual Channel 667 DDR2 ram

120 searial ata internal hard disk