KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

UPDATE KALYWAY 10.5.1 (Vanilla Kernel, GUID, EFI) to 10.5.2 - HOWTO! (I posted this as a replay in another thread, but I thought someone might need this here, so here it goes)

Excuse me if I quote one of my favorite games of '07 here: "This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!"

I am now running Mac OS X 10.5.2, with Vanilla Kernel 9.2 (Yup the updated one!), GUID, EFI and all that stuff! Just wanted to report to all of you that on my system (check specs in my Signature) I just did the following:

1) Procure the necessary files: Search at "The Bay" (You know, where everybody says "Yarr!", drink Grog and eat oranges to fight scurvy) for the files: you are looking for Kalyway's ComboUpdate for 10.5.2 as well as the other file, the Updated Kernel (I can't link here, but do a search for "kalyway" for the first file, and a search for "kernel" for the second file - make sure you sort by date so you can find it easily :) )

2) Once you have the files, BACKUP ANY IMPORTANT DATA - Everything in Hackintosh is YMMV, so if you are playing the game, might as well know the rules. Only once you've done this, you can proceed to installing the Combo Update (KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2.pkg) - Yes there are other files in your download, don't worry about them.

3) Once that's done and it asks you to restart, leave the window open and open up Disk Utility. Why? Because repairing permissions is never a bad idea. I don't know if it's necessary, but I did it and my system is working perfectly with no hitches.

4) Restart your system by clicking the Button. Once you do this, you'll see the Apple Screen, and after a long while, the system will reboot. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't panic! Once it reboots, it'll stay in the Apple Screen again, and then everything will go black. Very black. The system will stay that way for several minutes (some people say up to 3-4 minutes, it was about 2-3 for me), but after that period in which no doubt you've been holding your breath, you'll see the Blue desktop signaling that it lives! And after a few moments, your wallpaper will pop up and congrats, you are now in 10.5.2! :rolleyes:

Now, if you don't want the new Kernel, you are done here. Go make yourself a sandwich. If you do want to install the new Kernel though, do the following:

5) After doing all of above, crack open the new "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip" file. Inside there'll be a file called "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg". Run this, and you'll have 2 options. Select the appropriate for your system - there's a description when you select either that'll help you chose. In my case, I chose the first one for Vanilla Kernel.

6) Reboot when prompted. It'll boot back into your desktop, no fuzz, and you'll have the 9.2.0 Darwin kernel. Congratulations! YOU NEW KING OF FIGHTERS!

So there you have it. Mind you, I have not installed the Graphics Update yet, not until I hear some confirmation that it won't screw up my Install. But if you are not hard pressed for that Graphics Update, those are the steps I followed to get my system to be up-to-date to the latest version of OS X, with the latest Kernel.

Hope that helps any of you! Cheers and good luck!

EDIT: I have successfully installed the Leopard Graphics Update as well! No problems whatsoever!

installed apple's combo update in kaly 10.5.1 with no problems (even the graphics update)

i just replaced with the old appleACPIplatform for my ps2 keyboard and everything works ok (i did ofcourse netka's script)

what's so special about this kaly10.5.2update on the bay?

What's special is that it does everything for you automatically, doesn't replace .kexts and leaves your old functioning Kernel - you can however use Kaly's other file to update the Kernel to 9.2.0 if you want to. I did it that way, and it works beautifully.

UPDATE KALYWAY 10.5.1 (Vanilla Kernel, GUID, EFI) to 10.5.2 - HOWTO! (I posted this as a replay in another thread, but I thought someone might need this here, so here it goes)Excuse me if I quote one of my favorite games of '07 here: "This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!"I am now running Mac OS X 10.5.2, with Vanilla Kernel 9.2 (Yup the updated one!), GUID, EFI and all that stuff! Just wanted to report to all of you that on my system (check specs in my Signature) I just did the following:1) Procure the necessary files: Search at "The Bay" (You know, where everybody says "Yarr!", drink Grog and eat oranges to fight scurvy) for the files: you are looking for Kalyway's ComboUpdate for 10.5.2 as well as the other file, the Updated Kernel (I can't link here, but do a search for "kalyway" for the first file, and a search for "kernel" for the second file - make sure you sort by date so you can find it easily :D )2) Once you have the files, BACKUP ANY IMPORTANT DATA - Everything in Hackintosh is YMMV, so if you are playing the game, might as well know the rules. Only once you've done this, you can proceed to installing the Combo Update (KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2.pkg) - Yes there are other files in your download, don't worry about them.3) Once that's done and it asks you to restart, leave the window open and open up Disk Utility. Why? Because repairing permissions is never a bad idea. I don't know if it's necessary, but I did it and my system is working perfectly with no hitches.4) Restart your system by clicking the Button. Once you do this, you'll see the Apple Screen, and after a long while, the system will reboot. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't panic! Once it reboots, it'll stay in the Apple Screen again, and then everything will go black. Very black. The system will stay that way for several minutes (some people say up to 3-4 minutes, it was about 2-3 for me), but after that period in which no doubt you've been holding your breath, you'll see the Blue desktop signaling that it lives! And after a few moments, your wallpaper will pop up and congrats, you are now in 10.5.2! :DNow, if you don't want the new Kernel, you are done here. Go make yourself a sandwich. If you do want to install the new Kernel though, do the following:5) After doing all of above, crack open the new "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip" file. Inside there'll be a file called "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg". Run this, and you'll have 2 options. Select the appropriate for your system - there's a description when you select either that'll help you chose. In my case, I chose the first one for Vanilla Kernel.6) Reboot when prompted. It'll boot back into your desktop, no fuzz, and you'll have the 9.2.0 Darwin kernel. Congratulations! YOU NEW KING OF FIGHTERS! So there you have it. Mind you, I have not installed the Graphics Update yet, not until I hear some confirmation that it won't screw up my Install. But if you are not hard pressed for that Graphics Update, those are the steps I followed to get my system to be up-to-date to the latest version of OS X, with the latest Kernel.Hope that helps any of you! Cheers and good luck!
Hi foodiewhere to find the file kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip plz ?i have updated kalyway 10.5.1 with kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate, everything went ok for me, but i would like to update the kernel too to the latest onethx for any help
UPDATE KALYWAY 10.5.1 (Vanilla Kernel, GUID, EFI) to 10.5.2 - HOWTO! (I posted this as a replay in another thread, but I thought someone might need this here, so here it goes)Excuse me if I quote one of my favorite games of '07 here: "This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!"I am now running Mac OS X 10.5.2, with Vanilla Kernel 9.2 (Yup the updated one!), GUID, EFI and all that stuff! Just wanted to report to all of you that on my system (check specs in my Signature) I just did the following:1) Procure the necessary files: Search at "The Bay" (You know, where everybody says "Yarr!", drink Grog and eat oranges to fight scurvy) for the files: you are looking for Kalyway's ComboUpdate for 10.5.2 as well as the other file, the Updated Kernel (I can't link here, but do a search for "kalyway" for the first file, and a search for "kernel" for the second file - make sure you sort by date so you can find it easily :D )2) Once you have the files, BACKUP ANY IMPORTANT DATA - Everything in Hackintosh is YMMV, so if you are playing the game, might as well know the rules. Only once you've done this, you can proceed to installing the Combo Update (KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2.pkg) - Yes there are other files in your download, don't worry about them.3) Once that's done and it asks you to restart, leave the window open and open up Disk Utility. Why? Because repairing permissions is never a bad idea. I don't know if it's necessary, but I did it and my system is working perfectly with no hitches.4) Restart your system by clicking the Button. Once you do this, you'll see the Apple Screen, and after a long while, the system will reboot. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't panic! Once it reboots, it'll stay in the Apple Screen again, and then everything will go black. Very black. The system will stay that way for several minutes (some people say up to 3-4 minutes, it was about 2-3 for me), but after that period in which no doubt you've been holding your breath, you'll see the Blue desktop signaling that it lives! And after a few moments, your wallpaper will pop up and congrats, you are now in 10.5.2! :DNow, if you don't want the new Kernel, you are done here. Go make yourself a sandwich. If you do want to install the new Kernel though, do the following:5) After doing all of above, crack open the new "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip" file. Inside there'll be a file called "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg". Run this, and you'll have 2 options. Select the appropriate for your system - there's a description when you select either that'll help you chose. In my case, I chose the first one for Vanilla Kernel.6) Reboot when prompted. It'll boot back into your desktop, no fuzz, and you'll have the 9.2.0 Darwin kernel. Congratulations! YOU NEW KING OF FIGHTERS! So there you have it. Mind you, I have not installed the Graphics Update yet, not until I hear some confirmation that it won't screw up my Install. But if you are not hard pressed for that Graphics Update, those are the steps I followed to get my system to be up-to-date to the latest version of OS X, with the latest Kernel.Hope that helps any of you! Cheers and good luck!
Hi again foodiei have found the kernel stuff , but before applying it, would u plz explain me the disk utility procedure thx

Hi foodiewhere to find the file kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip plz ?i have updated kalyway 10.5.1 with kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate, everything went ok for me, but i would like to update the kernel too to the latest onethx for any helpHi again foodiei have found the kernel stuff , but before applying it, would u plz explain me the disk utility procedure thx

Nothing to it, just launch Disk Utility (Use Spotlight or go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility), select your OS X's HDD, and hit the "Repair Permissions" button. That's it.

Nothing to it, just launch Disk Utility (Use Spotlight or go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility), select your OS X's HDD, and hit the "Repair Permissions" button. That's it.

thx foodie for the quick reply :)

i have installed the kalyway 10.5.1 withouth vanilla kernel , do you think it safe if i apply the last kernel ?

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to why my system would be so much slower than other systems when my hardware is equal to if not better. I checked the ram and it seems to right at what it's set to. As of now I have AI overclocking set to CPU freq = 333 and DRAM Freq = DDR2-667Mhz. I've been wondering if my system would be faster with a 150gb 10,000rpm drive vs. having 2 x 500gb in Raid0 (I believe it should be in Riad0 from what I've read and what my bios is saying). I also looked into doing a 75gb SCSI drives but it doesn't seem cost effective to buy the pci controller plus the drive. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ok, here is my problem.I recently upgraded from my old AMD which ran 10.4.8 very nicely to a dual core 2180 cpu on an asus p5n-e sli board. using corsair dual channel 2gb RAM. I have a SATA DVD drive which i am using to insall the OS. I remember when i did 10.4.8 that i could not install onto a SATA HDD, only IDE (which, btw...is that still the case, or can you install to SATA now?).

So the problem is that when the DVD loads, it goes to the apple screen (grey screen, logo in middle, like when you are going into the OS after a succesful install), and then it shows the screen that says "You need to reboot your machine. Either hold down the power button or press the reboot button). I got this on one of my other machines when trying to do 10.4.8, but i don't remember how i got around it.

I am currently overclocking the 2.0 to 2.9...

so I think i have given all pertinent information...anyone have any idea why i am getting this screen and what i should do?

Thanks guys!

thx foodie for the quick reply :P

i have installed the kalyway 10.5.1 withouth vanilla kernel , do you think it safe if i apply the last kernel ?

I really wouldn't know. Depends on your system I guess. In the Kernel package that Kalyway made available there are actuall TWO Kernels inside: one of them is the new updated Vanilla (original Apple) Darwin 9.2.0 Kernel, but there's also a Modded kernel for AMD people and Intel people that have SSE3 support on their CPUs, but are not Core 2 Duo's. You might want to give that a go, but again, I can't be held responsible if it hoses your installation, since a) I'm no expert and :) I don't really know your current hardware or which kernel you have installed or anything like that. Also, remember that the first file, the actual update by Kalyway, does NOT install the new Kernel or the any .kexts, so I'd assume that if you have your current setup running with Kalyway 10.5.1 and EFI you would be able to update to 10.5.2; although some people are saying that there's a 2-3 minute wait in a black screen every time you reboot the system if the new kernel isn't there, so if a fast boot-up is essential to you, you might wanna consider that as a factor as well.

Hope that helps out at all.

ok.. i download "the bay" pack .. but don`t have any pack named "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg" only a folder name "10.5.2_Backup_orig & kernel_kext" whit some kexts.

Any sugestion to upgrade the kernel whit this ??

Thanks.

update:

I wrote the iso on a different media DVD...now it boots and i can go to the customize. But now, during the installation, it fails. It usually around 10 minutes left for installation, and then freezes...ANYONE have any ideas? I have tried the whole vanilla check box, with both sub boxes, the GUID check box, and the SSE2 box. None of the combinations work. Hopefully someone can help.

Today i install the new official update 10.5.2 from the updater... and my system is broken now... :)

I will tri to reinstall...

but i have some questions... why this update broke my instalation ?

Because you obviously did not follow the instructions available everywhere on this forum.

I myself am not a super technical person but i easily managed to update to 10.5.2 with the retail installer and the tutorial available here on the forum.

AFAIC asking a question like this without providing any further details about what you did and how you did it proves that you should either stick with the kalyway installers or stop using OSX86 alltogether.

Noone will be able to answer any of your questions if you privide no or almost no details.

It's like asking the grocery store "why is my car blue?". They won't have any idea and so do we about your situation. And yes, annoying questions will be replied to with annoying answers. :(

I really wouldn't know. Depends on your system I guess. In the Kernel package that Kalyway made available there are actuall TWO Kernels inside: one of them is the new updated Vanilla (original Apple) Darwin 9.2.0 Kernel, but there's also a Modded kernel for AMD people and Intel people that have SSE3 support on their CPUs, but are not Core 2 Duo's. You might want to give that a go, but again, I can't be held responsible if it hoses your installation, since a) I'm no expert and :D I don't really know your current hardware or which kernel you have installed or anything like that. Also, remember that the first file, the actual update by Kalyway, does NOT install the new Kernel or the any .kexts, so I'd assume that if you have your current setup running with Kalyway 10.5.1 and EFI you would be able to update to 10.5.2; although some people are saying that there's a 2-3 minute wait in a black screen every time you reboot the system if the new kernel isn't there, so if a fast boot-up is essential to you, you might wanna consider that as a factor as well.

Hope that helps out at all.

Hiya foodie

in fact i did upgraded my kayway 10.5.1 with the kalyway combo update , then updated the kernel by choosing the moded one as im running a pentium D , now everything works well , only problem i still have is when im connected to internet , the connection keeps dropping frequently by interval of 5 to 10 minutes , and i couldnt do the graphic update just because of this interruption , sometimes my desktop freezes when i lost connection , and i could do nothing but reset rthe system :D

any solution for this issue , thx

ok.. i download "the bay" pack .. but don`t have any pack named "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg" only a folder name "10.5.2_Backup_orig & kernel_kext" whit some kexts.

Any sugestion to upgrade the kernel whit this ??

Thanks.

It's 2 different packages. The one you searched is the main big Combo Update. Now you need to search at The Bay for the word "kernels", sort by date, and you'll see it. That's the kernel you need to install. Hope that helps.

Hiya foodie

in fact i did upgraded my kayway 10.5.1 with the kalyway combo update , then updated the kernel by choosing the moded one as im running a pentium D , now everything works well , only problem i still have is when im connected to internet , the connection keeps dropping frequently by interval of 5 to 10 minutes , and i couldnt do the graphic update just because of this interruption , sometimes my desktop freezes when i lost connection , and i could do nothing but reset rthe system ;)

any solution for this issue , thx

I've heard people having that problem, but I don't know how you would go about fixing it. In theory the installer didn't modify your older .kexts, but you might want to try to re-install your network drivers if you did install drivers on your first go. I've also heard of some open source realtek drivers for OSX86, but I don't really know the details, so you might wanna make a new topic about that or something. Sorry I can't be of more help, good luck.

have installed kalyway 10.5.1 without probs, but after reboot it just freezes at this error:

localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[50]: starting

my specs: p5w, quad, 8gb ram, 250gb sata2, 8600gt.

any help?

Did you install the Apple Grapchis update? I think this is is a graphics driver issue - I had this issue on my initial install. To fix it, I had to reinstall from Kalys disc and not select the video driver in Kaly's install. It'll then boot in 1024xwhatever and you can then run Scott's nVidia installer with the 10.5.2 drivers. Hope this helps. More info on the video driver:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry619472

UPDATE KALYWAY 10.5.1 (Vanilla Kernel, GUID, EFI) to 10.5.2 - HOWTO! (I posted this as a replay in another thread, but I thought someone might need this here, so here it goes)

Excuse me if I quote one of my favorite games of '07 here: "This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!"

I am now running Mac OS X 10.5.2, with Vanilla Kernel 9.2 (Yup the updated one!), GUID, EFI and all that stuff! Just wanted to report to all of you that on my system (check specs in my Signature) I just did the following:

1) Procure the necessary files: Search at "The Bay" (You know, where everybody says "Yarr!", drink Grog and eat oranges to fight scurvy) for the files: you are looking for Kalyway's ComboUpdate for 10.5.2 as well as the other file, the Updated Kernel (I can't link here, but do a search for "kalyway" for the first file, and a search for "kernel" for the second file - make sure you sort by date so you can find it easily :D )

2) Once you have the files, BACKUP ANY IMPORTANT DATA - Everything in Hackintosh is YMMV, so if you are playing the game, might as well know the rules. Only once you've done this, you can proceed to installing the Combo Update (KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2.pkg) - Yes there are other files in your download, don't worry about them.

3) Once that's done and it asks you to restart, leave the window open and open up Disk Utility. Why? Because repairing permissions is never a bad idea. I don't know if it's necessary, but I did it and my system is working perfectly with no hitches.

4) Restart your system by clicking the Button. Once you do this, you'll see the Apple Screen, and after a long while, the system will reboot. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't panic! Once it reboots, it'll stay in the Apple Screen again, and then everything will go black. Very black. The system will stay that way for several minutes (some people say up to 3-4 minutes, it was about 2-3 for me), but after that period in which no doubt you've been holding your breath, you'll see the Blue desktop signaling that it lives! And after a few moments, your wallpaper will pop up and congrats, you are now in 10.5.2! :D

Now, if you don't want the new Kernel, you are done here. Go make yourself a sandwich. If you do want to install the new Kernel though, do the following:

5) After doing all of above, crack open the new "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip" file. Inside there'll be a file called "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg". Run this, and you'll have 2 options. Select the appropriate for your system - there's a description when you select either that'll help you chose. In my case, I chose the first one for Vanilla Kernel.

6) Reboot when prompted. It'll boot back into your desktop, no fuzz, and you'll have the 9.2.0 Darwin kernel. Congratulations! YOU NEW KING OF FIGHTERS!

So there you have it. Mind you, I have not installed the Graphics Update yet, not until I hear some confirmation that it won't screw up my Install. But if you are not hard pressed for that Graphics Update, those are the steps I followed to get my system to be up-to-date to the latest version of OS X, with the latest Kernel.

Hope that helps any of you! Cheers and good luck!

EDIT: I have successfully installed the Leopard Graphics Update as well! No problems whatsoever!

Worked great thanks dude. I even did the kernel update :)

Hi!

I have tried to install Leo on my laptop (Samsung R70-A003) in some different ways: default install (select only MBR boot), recommended way (with vanilla kernels), with different combinations of drivers. In both cases installation was like a breeze. Let's do first boot! I saw nice intro, then I was asked about region, keyboard layout and after that select "Do not restore..." (the last radio button) in a window "Do you already own a mac?" A couple of seconds of waiting and I see again intro, select boxes and radio buttons with methods of resoring info from "my previous mac". This cycle is endless until I press the power button. So that was my sad story. Are there any ways to overcome this?

i have sucessfully installed the kalway 10.5.1 but for some reason it won't load on my computer unless i have the dvd in. i used gparted live dvd and flagged my hard drive as boot, but it still doesn't work. anyone know how to solve this? also my sound doesn't work for my hp dv8233cl laptop. I'm not sure how to get this working

and my 3945abg wireless card isn't capatable just yet.

if anyone know hows to load it without the dvd and how to get sound working please let me know thanks!