KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hey, can somebody help me?The installation went great, everything was fine, till it asked to reboot, and then I reboot, a message shows on the screen, and says "You have to restart your PC, blabla" on Five languages.. And again and again, nothing happens, just restarting. I heard it's a problem with the BIOS. In the HCL it says (for my mobo) that the BIOS has to be tweaked somehow. The motherboard is ASUS P5LD2 - SE.

"BIOS needing tweaking to stop constant reboot" - That's written in the HCL for my mobo.

How do I tweak it? or what's the problem..

Help, please!

Thanks!

Hey, can somebody help me?The installation went great, everything was fine, till it asked to reboot, and then I reboot, a message shows on the screen, and says "You have to restart your PC, blabla" on Five languages.. And again and again, nothing happens, just restarting. I heard it's a problem with the BIOS. In the HCL it says (for my mobo) that the BIOS has to be tweaked somehow. The motherboard is ASUS P5LD2 - SE.

"BIOS needing tweaking to stop constant reboot" - That's written in the HCL for my mobo.

How do I tweak it? or what's the problem..

Help, please!

Thanks!

-What boot options have you tried?

-GPT/MBR?

-What drivers did you install?

-Vanilla?

-BIOS settings?

-etc., etc.

Am, what boot options? I just let the OS boot itself

No Vanilla.

ATYinject (video)

HD ALC 882 (sound)

Network (no)

I changed in BIOS only one thing

EXECUTE DISABLE FUNCTION - ENABLE (IT WAS DISABLE).

But i tried reverting this function - the same.

Am, what boot options? I just let the OS boot itself

No Vanilla.

ATYinject (video)

HD ALC 882 (sound)

Network (no)

I changed in BIOS only one thing

EXECUTE DISABLE FUNCTION - ENABLE (IT WAS DISABLE).

But i tried reverting this function - the same.

Try booting with -v and look at the output.

Having a bit of a problem getting this installed myself, and after spending a couple days searching the forums I haven't come across anyone with quite the same problem.

Trying to install this on a Samsung Q1P using an external DVD drive, and I found all the posts about having an external monitor connected for the GMA900 series cards to get past the blue screen. That got me to what I thought was success.

When I boot up it doesn't matter what options I give at the Darwin loader, it always turns out the same. Everything loads smooth and fast, takes about 5 minutes to get to the language select screen. This is where it goes to hell. When I choose a language the beachball shows up and the dvd drive stops spinning. 10 minutes go by. The DVD finally spins up again and goes to the Preparing Installation screen with the Welcome screen behind it. At this point no matter how long I wait nothing will happen. However, if I click the welcome screen behind the Preparing Installation screen the DVD spins up again and loads the menubar across the top. Any time I click on anything to drop down the menu the beachball shows up for a second, the DVD spins, then it works. As soon as I choose to run anything (such as disk utility) the beach ball shows up, spinning normally, but about 30 minutes go by before the disk utility actually loads.

Once loaded I can move through most of the menus instantly. As soon as I choose to erase a partition the beachball shows up and the confirmation dialogue shows up, but the system is completely unresponsive even though the beachball is spinning like normal. So I used a different OS boot disk to wipe the partitions myself, thinking that might be the problem. Still takes forever to get to disk utility. Then I went to partition and when I clicked the dropdown and chose 1 partition the beachball showed up. THREE HOURS later the system is responsive again. I click options to make sure it's set for GUID. The beachball shows up, 2 minutes go by, the options dialogue shows up with GUID selected. But the beachball is still there and unresponsive. FOUR HOURS go by and it's still stuck like this, though the beachball is spinning.

Any ideas on why it starts so fast and then immediately becomes so slow when it actually tries to install?

I have speedstep turned off (with it turned on I couldn't get past the white apple logo screen.

The boot options I've tried are:

-v

-v -x

-v -x -f -legacy

All have the exact same results. It's so frustrating to be what feels so close to a nice small touchscreen mac, yet so far away.

Having a bit of a problem getting this installed myself, and after spending a couple days searching the forums I haven't come across anyone with quite the same problem.

Trying to install this on a Samsung Q1P using an external DVD drive, and I found all the posts about having an external monitor connected for the GMA900 series cards to get past the blue screen. That got me to what I thought was success.

When I boot up it doesn't matter what options I give at the Darwin loader, it always turns out the same. Everything loads smooth and fast, takes about 5 minutes to get to the language select screen. This is where it goes to hell. When I choose a language the beachball shows up and the dvd drive stops spinning. 10 minutes go by. The DVD finally spins up again and goes to the Preparing Installation screen with the Welcome screen behind it. At this point no matter how long I wait nothing will happen. However, if I click the welcome screen behind the Preparing Installation screen the DVD spins up again and loads the menubar across the top. Any time I click on anything to drop down the menu the beachball shows up for a second, the DVD spins, then it works. As soon as I choose to run anything (such as disk utility) the beach ball shows up, spinning normally, but about 30 minutes go by before the disk utility actually loads.

Once loaded I can move through most of the menus instantly. As soon as I choose to erase a partition the beachball shows up and the confirmation dialogue shows up, but the system is completely unresponsive even though the beachball is spinning like normal. So I used a different OS boot disk to wipe the partitions myself, thinking that might be the problem. Still takes forever to get to disk utility. Then I went to partition and when I clicked the dropdown and chose 1 partition the beachball showed up. THREE HOURS later the system is responsive again. I click options to make sure it's set for GUID. The beachball shows up, 2 minutes go by, the options dialogue shows up with GUID selected. But the beachball is still there and unresponsive. FOUR HOURS go by and it's still stuck like this, though the beachball is spinning.

Any ideas on why it starts so fast and then immediately becomes so slow when it actually tries to install?

I have speedstep turned off (with it turned on I couldn't get past the white apple logo screen.

The boot options I've tried are:

-v

-v -x

-v -x -f -legacy

All have the exact same results. It's so frustrating to be what feels so close to a nice small touchscreen mac, yet so far away.

That does sound weird. Have you tried burning it again using a slower speed / different disc brand? Sounds like it might just be a really bad burn.

That does sound weird. Have you tried burning it again using a slower speed / different disc brand? Sounds like it might just be a really bad burn.

Yep, tried burning at the slowest speed my burner can handle and no difference. The thing is during these very very very long wait times the DVD drive isn't doing anything, you can even hear it park the laser. Since it isn't even trying to read the disc I doubt it's a bad burn. At the very end of these long waits it'll spin up and act like normal. But during the initial boot and load the drive reads nonstop just fine so I don't think it's a problem with the drive either.

This is a really great release and works like a charme. However, for the next one it would be fine to get a more "original" setup. No weird orange icons and background nor any 3rd party applications installed by default. Much better would be the integration of all languages and maybe some more drivers. Looking forward for another kickin' kalyway release

...Also, the applications that come with this install really should be optional and not required. Power Management would be nice, too.

Agree. This installation would've been perfect without the 3rd party apps. If there's a way to reinstall w/o these apps that would be nice, but like above poster said, there is not choice/option, next it'd be great it were optional and more like the original leopard disk. Just my thoughts (please don't take these as complaints), regardless of these notes, excellent and wonderful job, my compliments to this fantastic release. :blowup:

Nice work on the 10.5.2 update. It worked a treat. No problems.

Afterwards i installed the graphics update and it messed my display up. Was hoping someone could help. I had it set to 1440x900 in 75 Hz. now all i get is this (see below).

My card is a GMA950 that came integrated with a conroe 945 DVI

All help is much appreciated.

post-168253-1203270274_thumb.png

Tried few ways, and not working. I even tried tohkernel -v. But where do I have to look?

tohkernel? This thread is about the Kalyway release, not ToH.

Anyway, at the darwin boot loader, press a button before the timeout runs out. At the prompt you get type "-v", then hit enter. It should boot in verbose mode so you can see what's going on.

Yep, tried burning at the slowest speed my burner can handle and no difference. The thing is during these very very very long wait times the DVD drive isn't doing anything, you can even hear it park the laser. Since it isn't even trying to read the disc I doubt it's a bad burn. At the very end of these long waits it'll spin up and act like normal. But during the initial boot and load the drive reads nonstop just fine so I don't think it's a problem with the drive either.

didn't read all 108 pages, saw your problem. if you have dual core cpu, did you try loading with the cpus=1 option? this is the only stable way for me to run leopard.

didn't read all 108 pages, saw your problem. if you have dual core cpu, did you try loading with the cpus=1 option? this is the only stable way for me to run leopard.

Hehehe, I actually went through all 107 pages to make sure my problem wasn't already fixed elsewhere. My full problem is on page 107. It's a Samsung Q1P so single core proc. And I did try cpus=1 and had the exact same result. Loads nice and fast until the select language screen, then everything slows to a crawl and that cursed beach ball always showing up...

:DKALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8

Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)

All IchX and Jmicron compatible !!!

but still problem with ide dvdrom on jmicron controller!

Read carefully !!!

screen1pf5.pngscreen2qr7.png

designed and repacked by KALYWAY!

additionnal scripting and customs drivers by DUNE !

you can try vanilla kernel at dvd boot ! just type vanilla after f8 !!!

you can use Diskutility to format the whole hd as you want ( guid or mbr)!

then select custom install !!!

this installer will set hd bootable for you !

just have to select boot guid or boot mbr depending on what partition map you have chosen before with diskutility

!

CAUTION for mbr choice: we advise you to use an empty disk but if you have no other choice than installing Leo on a disk where windows is already installed, you should be aware of that

the installer will active the leo partition, so to be able to boot again on your windows,

you should install a bootloader (eg. Grub) , or you can active back the windows partition with fdisk and

use chain0 (if your leo partition is under the 200gb of the HD).

FIXES include : x11 update (resolve issue wit gimp and some x11 app! ; directoryservices ; otools (resolve packages maker crashes)

Some drivers extras setting are present (Only select one driver for each section!! )

sleep kernel 9.1 install by default !

intel sse2 system

video drivers

audio drivers

network drivers

Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)

ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse) ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse)

bootloader guid or mbr

Additionnals applications !

fairmount (dvd decript that work with vlc)

VLC (video players for divx and various format)

perian codec for quicktime (divx and various unsupported quicktime formats)

Better zip (archive utility)

Pacifist (pkg extractor and installer)

kexthelper ( kext installer for noobz)

transmission ( light weight torrent client)

Google notifier (menubar notifier for your gmail account)

PPF-O-Matic ( utility for applying ppf patch)

stuffit expander ( for extract sit rar and zip archives)

Change finder ( make visible or invisible system files)

Colloquy (irc client)

Solarseek (soulseek client)

i have make a restore app !

for Restore_Factory_Desktop_finder_settings

Restore_Factory_Desktop_Finder_settings (default background,icons,dock)

for change orange colour in window finder! right click on orange colour then Show view options and select background white !! use by default !

new users accounts will be virgin ! CAN BE USED ON ALL 10.5.x DISTRO !!!

it's all !!

KALYWAY DVD DONATIONS (contribute to leo osx86 developpement dvd)

MD5 for KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1_intell_SSE2_SSE3.zip

aff692cfe4daaae471f528974f5bac07

MD5 for kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso

f8546bde2a5b3c7dff47f2aab31862a9

THANKS TO ALL OSX86 COMMUNITY and TEAM OF HACKINTOSH !!

IRC irc.osx86.hu #Kalyway.DVD

Specials thanks to netkas , def , turbo ; asap , jccool ,joblo,dan , rofl , joe75 , kabyl , Chiva4ry and all the others !!!

Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)

To Apple:

Think of this as of a demo version and as of a free marketing campaign. Therefore, let it be

ENJOY ! if you love MacOSX think to buy it !!!

This DVD should only be used to preview Mac OS X Leopard. If you really like Mac OS X Leopard and you want to use it,

you should get a real Mac. If buying a real Mac is too much, you can, at least, buy a license for Mac OS X Leopard.

This last line, u say that if I buy the original MAC OS 10.5 (Leopard) I can Install it on my PC with intel parts like the ones I have

<h1 class="irch2">Mother Board Intel® DX38BT

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q 9300

Ddr3 1gb

150 Hard Drive Raptor

please need help i want to work with final cut pro and the only way is in mac so if some can say to what to do i would apreciate

</h1>

Hey Folks, I'm pulling my hair out here.

I've got a Gigabyte P35-DS3L here, WD 320GB drive, 4gb ram, 7300GS on the pci-e.

Install works like a breeze....however, upon reboot, I get the dreaded b0 error!!!

For the record, I selected GUID upon partitioning and properly selected EFI-GUID install option. (I redid the install twice, just to make sure, both times, same result).

I've also booted into terminal from the dvd and selected the hfs partition active from within fdisk, as per the outlines here:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

update

f 2

w

q

At this point, I'm positively stuck here. I have *no* idea this wont work, but it's not.

Is there any help that you guys can offer to get me on my way?

Thanks,

Frank

hi everyone i have download the patch version of the 10.5.2 update via torrent and also the graphics update , but now my system takes like 3 minutes to show the login windows after the apple logo disappears and my laptop is running a lot slower , do anyone knows why this it's happening? please let me know any info.Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!also now my computer has two shutdown options , two restart options and two log out options!! what i have done!!!

I try to install leopard. It checks the integrity of the disc before installing and finds no errors!!! Then durring install it gets to about a third of the way through and stops. Then the error appears saying "Install Failed". It also says the installer could not validate the contents of the "essentials" package. What confuses me is that when the installer checks the disc, it finds no errors!!! HELP!!! Thanks.

Hey folks,

I AM UP AND RUNNING!

a follow up on solving the b0 error....I was able to get things going, but I had to do it this way:

1) I had to reinstall. So I booted up and returned to the disk utility and reformatted/partitioned using disk utility in GUID.

2) I took note of the disk partition ID. i.e. /dev/disk0s2

3) I unmounted the drive

4) I opened terminal, and using a USB key loaded with EFI, I did the following:

cd /Users/USB-KEY-VOLUME-NAME/pc_efi_v80

./startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsY ./boot_v8

dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1

dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/disk0 bs=400 count=1

(I had to unmount the drive again, before this last command)

5) I returned to disk utility to make sure the drive was mounted.

6) I installed using only the vanilla kernel, the fix and guid-efi.

7) THIS time, the computer booted right up and loaded up to mac osX for the first time.

Kaly, Dune....you two rock! Thanks!

Now I need to figure out what's working and not working on this machine (guid, time machine, sound, ip, etc), but that's another thread and another time!

More to come later.

Just wanted to say thanks, I've got 10.5.2 running on my PC.

I did have some trouble at first. It would come up to the white Apple screen. The ticker at the bottom would freeze and that would be it. I messed around in the BIOS, finally disabling HyperThreading and its worked like a charm since!

Specs:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe

P4 3.0Ghz HT(disabled of course)

1GB

Nvidia 6600GT

I'm very surprised how smoothly 10.5 runs on it. I have run in to some stability issues when I installed 10.5.2. That is the only update I have done so far seeing as my internet was down last night.

Thanks again!

I try to install leopard. It checks the integrity of the disc before installing and finds no errors!!! Then durring install it gets to about a third of the way through and stops. Then the error appears saying "Install Failed". It also says the installer could not validate the contents of the "essentials" package. What confuses me is that when the installer checks the disc, it finds no errors!!! HELP!!! Thanks.

Assuming you are talking about an actual (retail) Leopard install, this is a problem with the Leopard installer and its memory usage on a not perfectly new, not perfectly "Mac", computer. The solution is to keep trying, but be sure to back up everything first - this process can quite likely hose your disk.

On an absolutely stock, pure "Mac", but not brand new, MacBook (Intel), I made a dmg of the install disk, restored it to an external hard drive, and installed from that (it goes much faster than from a DVD). It still took me about 20 tries to get all the way through.

System Profiler reports error and wrong processor speed

just re-installed Kaly 10.5.2 and everything works fine except that System Profiler reports my processor speed as 4ghz when in fact it is 3.6ghz (overclocked Q6600) it also tells me when it starts with Hardware highlighted that - "There was an error while gathering this information."

This all worked fine previously - the only change this time is a that I installed using GUID rather than MBR - might be irrelevant but it is the only difference in my config.

I think I have seen something about this on the forum before but I can't find it via a search.

Any ideas?