Nvidia G92 (8800GT) support in 10.5.2

Dense

359 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Been trying to get working drivers for my 8800GTS 512 for a few days now. Tried NVInstaller v33 but get a KP involving GeForce.kext/NVDAResman.kext on boot, even if I edit NVDAResman.kext for the PrimaryMatch string. Can boot into Leo with -v -f -x flagged and the get the correct resolutions/info for my card, but obviously this isn't ideal as a plain boot results in a KP. Also, I have some serious artifacting in safe mode with the newest NVInstaller.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions/input.

Specs:

iAtkos r3 + Kaly 10.5.2

EVGA nForce 680i LT SLI

C2Duo E6750 @ 3 GHz

EVGA 8800GTS 512mb

4 GB DDR 800 RAM

Realtek 8139 for LAN

Here are new NVIDIA Kexts

http://www.mediafire.com/?hsexmtzrdfn

They were ripped from latest 10.5.2 build from new MacBook/MBP. They were UPDATED, yep, don't ask me what's new I dunno.

Don't thank me for this but kalyway, thanks again man for ripping those out.

Even newer NVIDIA kexts?

Maybe I'll give them a try, and report back.

Thanks for sharing this cyclonefr.

Hi,

Was wondering is it normal to only get

1400x900 res at the highest on a

GeForce 8600GT 256MB FATAL1TY ?

NVInstallervV.33 installed

Thanks

Here are new NVIDIA Kexts

http://www.mediafire.com/?hsexmtzrdfn

They were ripped from latest 10.5.2 build from new MacBook/MBP. They were UPDATED, yep, don't ask me what's new I dunno.

Don't thank me for this but kalyway, thanks again man for ripping those out.

Ok the files from the Punk92 installer are 1.5.24.9 and these you posted are 1.5.26.7 and really newer. I give it a try with my 8800GTS 512 G92

EDIT:

Ok these drivers are not editied correct now as it looks. My Card is identified as 320mb card and the drivers caused 2 kernel panics. i will wait for a editied version.

Hey guys,

An update on my previous situation.

Now I've just formatted the entire mess and started from scratch, now have a new problem! Using NVInstaller v33 and editing GeForce.kext,NVDAResman.kext,NVDANV50Hal.kext, and NVInject.kext with my supposed device ID (0x060010de for a 8800GTS 512 on nForce 680i, using the info supplied in the 'About This Mac' section), I get an endless boot with no display. The only hint I get during boot with -v flagged is a "display: stalling for module" message, and then nothing after a final loginwindow message. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Suggestions/input always appreciated!

iAtkos r3 + Kaly 10.5.2 update

C2Duo E6750

EVGA nForce 680i LT SLI

EVGA 8800GTS 512 G92

4 GB RAM

Realtek 8139 (an ancient D-Link, actually) for LAN

try this installer that has the new macbook pro drivers cyclonefr posted

NVinstaller v34

What's new in this installer? Any chnace it can cure my occasional scrambled graphics with my 8800GTS 512MB???

hi all..

i'm using a Zotac AMP! 512MB Geforce 8800GT with Samsung 931BW @ DVI connector, the problem is I can't change the display resolution, when i click at different resolution at display setting my screen will stuck at blank screen and so i reset my pc and start it again but the resolution is changed after that, so i think changing the resolution is working but only after I reset my pc after the blank screen appeared..

anyone know a solution to this?

thanks

Hello all I haven't been here much but now I have a small problem...I recently upgraded my xfx 7600gts graphics card to the eGeforce 8800GT and I reinstalled Leopard using the Leo4All 10.5.2 from the P'Bay and everything seems fine sans the sound not working. I installed the latest NVInstallerV.41 and It seems to work (Q'extreme even works) but theres just one small problem. When I go to change the resolution (from 800x600 I think) the screen goes all blue and it doesn't go back to the desktop. The only way I can see my desktop is by pressing the power button on my custom built pc at which point the computer shuts down. Also when I try to get hardware info the system info window always crashes. Anyone have any info that could pivot me in the direction to getting it going again? Thanks. My specs are

Intel 945 GTP Mobo

4 GIGS of ram

Pentium D 930 (soon to upgrade to Q6600 Quad)

8800 GT Graphics card

Im not running the vanilla kernel...yet.

Okay I've downloaded the NVInstallerV.41.pkg, OpenGL.framework-1052.zip and the geforce_1052_kext.zip files.

Before I begin, is this the method I need to use to get my video card fully working? (specs in sig)

I'd also like to know exactly how to do this (I'm confused) so I don't mess up my Leo install.

Thanks

"Before I begin is this the method I need to use to get my video card fully working? (specs in sig)"

I used the windows style method of just installing patches and stuff did not work for me.

You have to use this one http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=91755

Quickest way to see if it worked is, hardware desktop acceleration and possible to change desktop resolution.

Also very important use DVI port closest to motherboard.

Nano

1 question:

i paste the opengl folder in library/frameworks

then drag&drop all the 10.5.2 kexts in extensions

then i install the nvinject /512mb driver

and then i go to diskutil /repair permissions..

do i need to modify any plist or the files Nuphor you posted are ready for 0611 id? (8800GT 512MB G92)

cause everything loaded well with no errors

but i get only resolution swith..still no qe/ci!

maybe i missed something? ...

EDIT: EVERYTHING OK biggrin.gif

I'm at the same place you are up till the EDIT: EVERYTHING OK....

do I need to modify any plist or the files Nuphor posted for my 8800GT 512MB G92?

Thanks! ohh Screenshot:

Graphics_HardwareNewcopy.jpg

Hello i've a sony vaio fz18m graphic card: nvidia 8400M Gt any solve to enable Quartz?

i've modified the com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

and now i've an accepted resolution but my quarts is disabled!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

OK so Kalyway goofed he made a buggy piece of 

software that is now crashing ppl's PC's...

Well do say I did'nt tell you so, I found this out on another forum...

Lotsa ppl were wondering why their brand new hard drives were not working after only several weeks after using kalyways OSX hack  I tried to get this 

running on a friends machine a while ago and he asked his brother to help

well between them both they managed to get OSX to work on his machine...

Now his hard drive has locked up and all his new files are impossible to retrieve

Things happen i guess...

Hey kalyway

If you're listening...why don't you try to produce an app that works,,, because soon there are gonna be a lotta ppl p'eed off with that hack of yours!!!