Nvidia G92 (8800GT) support in 10.5.2

Dense

359 posts in this topic

I have a JAS 10.5.4 working just fine until I changed the video card from 9800GTX to 8800GT( it's cheaper and good performance.

I used the nvkush that comes with the JAS dvd and all setting for the 8800GT and quartz support is there and works good.

But later my son telling me that it's start freezing on him once in while since I used the 8800GT, the freezing happen even by just doing simple things some times like happen twice or three times a day.

Is it could be, this is cause from the video card, driver .... Any one have this issue.

I am going to try tomorrow to use the internal video card on the MOBO and see if freezing happen, this way I can figure out if the card or the driver is the problem, keep you updated. If anyone have something to add please do so.

it's my first post here in this forum and really really need your help

HI

its my first time to write here

i am filmmaker

and always need to edit videos

so i ll buy new pc and will do all my best to make it able to run (final cut and and motion and color )

but really i don't know if i can make that in low budget so i need your help to suggest me suitable pc's components

but u must know i live in Egypt

and here sometimes cant find hardware in easy way

if i suggest this pc

wt's ur opinion

----------

giga byte GA-EP45-DS3L (rev. 1.0)

Intel Core2Duo E7200 2.5GHz

or Core 2 Duo 2.4 / 2 M PC 800 (E4600)

vga 512 MB 8800 GTS G92

or GIGABYTE 8600GT 512MB

or GIGABYTE ATI HD 2600Pro 512MB

or PowerColor ATI HD 2600Pro 512MB

ram Kingston 2GB bus 800MHz

HD Western Digital 500GB 16M Cache SATAII

POWER SUPPLY ???

plz do rebly

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar problem under 10.5.5 and EFIstudio with a 9800GT..

The solution was to use the other DVI port... (the bottom one) rather than the top one...

Help!....anyone???

I have a PNY 8800GT 512mb. I downloaded the files in your links and followed your instructions. Everything at first seemed to go great. After reboot it came up in 1600x1200 resolution and showed up correctly in the system profiler. I went to check out the resolution options under display in system prefernces, and as soon as clicked on it the screen went blue. I rebooted and it came back however, the resolution was back to 1024x768. As soon as I clicked on the display in system preferences, the cycle continued.

Anyone have a similar problem or have any solutions?? Any help would be great!!!

if you know what you are doing then that setup is fine... Note there are quirk with the Ep45 boards.

If you don't know what you are doing then older EP35-DSx series appears better supported here.. lots of guides on how to install.. even then.. I still had a fair bit of trouble despite having built three previous hackintoshes before, 10.4.5 machine 10.4.8, a 10.5.1 machine and now a 10.5.5 machine.. it was still fairly tough going.....

None of the guides are perfect unfornately...

I fyou don't know what you are doing buy a Mac...

this components is good 4 final cut editing as professional in pc ?

MB

Giga Byte Intel EP45-DS3L Bus 1600

PR

Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 / 3 M PC 1066

VGA

Giga Byte GeForce 8600 GT 512 MB

HD

Western Digital 500GB 16M Cache SATAII

RAM

Kingston 4GB bus 800MHz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All, I've an iDeneb 10.5.5 on an ASUS P5K-PL, Core 2Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

My graphics card is an Asus EN9800GT 512MB 725MHz installed due to Aquamac method installation, all QE/CI working fine but... not the cooling that it's always in slow fan.

Someone knows something about? cause after a wile all is coming slow and freezes screen.

Thank's fellows

• 9 months later...

nVidia GeForce 8800 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0611

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display Connector:

CMC 22 W:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

this is what i got after using EFI studio i tried every trick from installers and manual kext installation. it doesnt work at all

any ideas? thanks