[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 3:36 PM, aben said:

I see. Well, the version of the kexts I provided above are specifically to address BT issues on macOS 13. They're not part of the master branch yet except Lilu. Please test and report if those replacements solves the BT issue. Thanks!

Dear Aben,

When I replaced the old Kexts with the Kexts you provided, my BT issue has been resolved. Thanks a lot bro.

• Like 2

During the install process on my AMD machine I get to the network selection page and when I choose either wifi or Ethernet I get instant reboot. Anyone else faced this?

I skipped beta 1 on AMD so this is a fresh beta 2 install. 
All kexts are up to date and patches updated for Ventura. 

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Sad 2

Guest 5T33Z0

Is it true that Ventura's Metal 3 requires a Navi card and is not supported on Polaris?

Edited by 5T33Z0

34 minutes ago, Somankr said:

Dear Aben,

When I replaced the old Kexts with the Kexts you provided, my BT issue has been resolved. Thanks a lot bro.

Glad to know the BT issue has been resolved!

Also, thank you as well for testing and reporting, however all credits must go to @PMheart for the work on both BlueToolFixup and the required Lilu build that made this possible.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Is it true that Ventura's Metal 3 requires a Navi and is not supported on Polaris cards?

From the looks of it, yes - Metal 3 API support limited to newer GPUs only; for AMD GPUs, that would be Vega and Navi. For iGPUs - Coffee Lake & Ice Lake only.

Informative post documenting all features/updates/changes found within Ventura can be tracked here at OCLP repo: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/998

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok Guys, What OS are yous running to install Ventura?

Been trying to do it from BS but it keeps erroring, either Installing to my HDD OR using the createmedia route

Doing So on Monty it goes a bit further but still errors out both ways

It's a fearsome beast that looks hard to train :(

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I've tested with Monterey and Big Sur and it worked out just fine.

Don't know what is happening here :(

What SMBIOS are you using Mine is iMacPro1,1

Edited by STLVNUB

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Is it true that Ventura's Metal 3 requires a Navi card and is not supported on Polaris?

Polaris don't support Metal 3.

Only Vega and Navi (Vega 10/20)

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

With MacOS 13.0 ( beta 2 ), It seems I can only have Metal 2 ( RX580 SE - Polaris ).  I suppose I can survive. 😅

image.thumb.png.aaab593afb684ea97329319569aa7eeb.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

With MacOS 13.0 ( beta 2 ), It seems I can only have Metal 2 ( RX580 SE - Polaris ).  I suppose I can survive. 😅

image.thumb.png.aaab593afb684ea97329319569aa7eeb.png

Metal 3 coming maybe on first public beta...or later...I think sep/oct (metal2 here too, with Navi)

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0

I think so, too. As stated on the OCLP repo: "With regards to the introduction to Metal 3, this has little effect on us. Metal 3 is just an API feature set, and is actually limited to newer GPUs only"

OK I suspect a corrupt download

Can somebody give me an MD5 of beta 2 InstallAssistant.pkg that works

See if my hunch is correct 

Edited by STLVNUB

8 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

OK I suspect a corrupt download

Can somebody give me an MD5 of beta 2 InstallAssistant.pkg that works

See if my hunch is correct 

b48c98566aa5d2eb7d0ef646529040f1

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

b48c98566aa5d2eb7d0ef646529040f1

Thanks, Ok, MD5 sums match, problem must be elsewhere, where I don't know

Errors are in same place wether installing to another nvme or createinstallmedia

Clean Installs of course

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

@bisdak4920

Open Terminal and type

killall runningboardd

and press Enter. If there is a warning about permission denied, add sudo before the command. 
But the process can be started again by macOS. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@bisdak4920

Open Terminal and type

killall runningboardd

and press Enter. If there is a warning about permission denied, add sudo before the command. 
But the process can be started again by macOS. 

Thanks but the permanent solution is to force quit Weather widget in the activity monitor. My computer is now auto sleeping soundly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Anyone having trouble with their apple keyboard and mouse that always needs to be re-paired when turning on Ventura?

I have a magic trackpad and I have to press it every time I turn on Ventura otherwise it doesn't connect automatically... but just by pressing it once it connects

3 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

Thanks but the permanent solution is to force quit Weather widget in the activity monitor. My computer is now auto sleeping soundly.

Exactly, I have killed the process and my computer already goes to sleep automatically

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

Thanks for the info, I'll try and comment.

5 hours ago, D3v1L said:

i retract LoL 

Metal 3 xD...

Here RX 6600 Metal 2, I don't know why, maybe 6600 non XT doesn't support Metal 3.

Edited by miliuco
  • Sad 2