[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Aluveitie said:

@asdeso you can patch in the old kexts from Big Sur, but you have to break the root volume seal and lose incremental updates. And you have to redo this after every update.

Enlighten us sorry “me” the noobs on this @Aluveitie have my gt 710 around 

20 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah it shows the same error on my rigs as well (Both KabyLake and AlderLake)

I did edit my post: Custom Memory doesn't fix this.

The system seems to work very well.

Edited by miliuco

24 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Z390 iMac19.1 and Z690 iMacPro1.1 no issue with memory.

Only with MacPro7,1. Even with last RestrictEvents.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

with custom memory in config.plist (in right way...i mean, with all slot compiled) ...

image.thumb.png.deb05ada0619ea885c60072b47b23dda.png

image.thumb.png.f6c5404eed9bd40b3b29e7f7b845baef.png

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:35 PM, Hervé said:

Your config still doesn't look right...

Granted that device if 0x591B is a fully supported iGPU id (and is perfectly usable on my Skylake/HD520 Latitude E7270), did you try device id ?

image.jpeg

Corrupt_SMBIOS.jpg

As for the 2 x IOReg, what difference of context between the two? :whistle:

'pretty sure you can forget about that display data kext of yours.

Thank you Herv'e for the reply, i tried the 0x5916 as you mentioned before. only on external display i can get full qc, on normal display i get black screen.

do you have any efi i can test or compare with mine, thank you so much

1 minute ago, miliuco said:

@D3v1L

Congratulations. I’ll check the config.plist tomorrow but I’m pretty sure I have also filled all 12 devices (slots). 
With custom memory do you load RestrictEvents?

Absolutely no ...Not needed... Currently im not at home...tomorrow i'll post by memory config part so you compare with yours if you want 🙂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

Absolutely no ...Not needed... Currently im not at home...tomorrow i'll post by memory config part so you compare with yours if you want 🙂

Thank you so much! Good night. 

LoL i've a copy of config.plist on my laptop at work xD ...

here's CustomMemory parts...

Too much important part:

image.thumb.png.3cfa43e6ae07fdb25f435ca088630d82.png

need to be much much more than installed otherwise, it give error... 😉

CustomMemory.plist.zip

btw, goooood night 😉 cheers

Edited by D3v1L
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, D3v1L said:

LoL I've a copy of config.plist on my laptop at work xD ...

Thank you!!! Strange, my mobo has max. memory 128 GB (137438953472 in config.plist) but it's not working if I don't set more than the max, as you say in your post, when I set 256 GB (274877906944 as in your config.plist) then it works fine. Without RestrictEvents.

Note: you have in config.plist ChannelD-DIMM0 twice although I see it has no relevance in the final result.

Spoiler

Memory-ok.thumb.png.2af5ba50743ea7e12296e48296f745d1.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Thank you!!! Strange, my mobo has max. memory 128 GB (137438953472 in config.plist) but it's not working if I don't set more than the max, as you say in your post, when I set 256 GB (274877906944 as in your config.plist) then it works fine. Without RestrictEvents.

Reveal hidden contents

Memory-ok.thumb.png.2af5ba50743ea7e12296e48296f745d1.png

Here the trick! :D 

ChannelD is my typo (old config)... need to be ChannelD-DIMM1 (one is 0 and one is 1) 

• Like 1

@D3v1L

Really this is a less elegant way to do it than RestrictEvents which avoids having ghost slots that don't really exist.

Also, memory tab, although it has the slots ok, says that "Your Mac has 12 memory slots, 0 of which are installed with a 2133 MHz DDR4 memory module" but there are 4 slots filled, not 0.

However, until RestrictEvents works in Ventura as in Monterey, I like to remember this other way of configuring memory with MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.

With the doubt of what is the reason for having to adjust more than the maximum memory that the board supports.

Thanks.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

Looks like KBL (device-id spoofed) being reported as having Metal 3 support on Beta 2; most likely a bug with early beta builds misreporting this info OR Apple actually plans to include Metal 3 support for all Intel graphics stack/iGPUs natively supported on Ventura (KBL+CFL+ICL).

1133049448_Screenshot2022-06-28at18_17_29.png.c547a592f19dc777b684a98798a3ccb9.png

• Like 3

On 6/27/2022 at 10:44 AM, Alexey Boronenkov said:

01.png

I have a Gigabyte GT 730 2 GB DDR3 in my room, but there isn´t in use, yesterday I tried with Kepler patch from chris1111 and OCLP 0.4.7 putting the 4 requirements in OC config.plist, but nothing works, how did you make it work?

Thanks.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Could you please provide debug logs?

Hello and thanks. I'll get debug OpenCore and RestrictEvents and do it. Do you prefer here or it's better to open an issue in the bug tracker?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Hello and thanks. I'll get debug OpenCore and RestrictEvents and do it. Do you prefer here or it's better to open an issue in the bug tracker?

We indeed need an issue tracking this issue, so it’s better if you file it on GitHub. Thanks!

You will need the debug version of Lilu and RestrictEvents; as for OpenCore it’s up to you. :)

• Like 3

@PMheart

I'll do it. One question: apart of OpenCore log got from EFI partition, must I provide any other log or file? Thanks.

EDIT: I've read in the bug tracker: OpenCore debug log, EFI zipped, OC and kexts last versions...

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

Guest ricoc90
4 hours ago, aben said:

Looks like KBL (device-id spoofed) being reported as having Metal 3 support on Beta 2; most likely a bug with early beta builds misreporting this info OR Apple actually plans to include Metal 3 support for all Intel graphics stack/iGPUs natively supported on Ventura (KBL+CFL+ICL).

image.thumb.png.7a7f1b1a06b090becf9817aff7900fa3.png

https://github.com/kendfinger/metalgpu

Edited by ricoc90